- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics Updated: Oct-06-15 8:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The U.S. Supreme Court is preparing to consider reinstating death sentences for two brothers convicted in the notorious slayings of four people in Kansas, capital cases that roiled the state's politics and have prompted calls to remake its judiciary.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Oct-06-15 1:49 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Oct. 1
- Election fraud case goes to Kentucky Supreme Court Updated: Oct-01-15 1:51 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Attorneys for a Magoffin County official have asked the Kentucky Supreme Court to review a lower court decision that would force the official out of office for election fraud.
- Judge upholds Iowa law disqualifying felons from voting Updated: Sep-29-15 12:30 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa judge upheld a state law that disqualifies felons from voting but said the state Supreme Court needs to sort out the confusion it caused last year when it ruled not all felons are automatically disenfranchised.
- Chief justice: No view about AG Kathleen Kane quitting Updated: Sep-28-15 4:13 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's highest ranking jurist said Monday he has "absolutely no view" on whether the state's attorney general should resign from office, one week after the state Supreme Court temporarily suspended the top prosecutor's law license.
- Court orders anti-fracking issue back on Youngstown ballot Updated: Sep-24-15 9:24 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled that an anti-fracking measure in Youngstown must be put back on fall ballots.
- Supreme Court suspends Flagstaff judge for 90 days Updated: Sep-22-15 7:51 pm
PHOENIX - A Flagstaff judge will serve an unpaid 90-day suspension after the Arizona Supreme Court adopted a judicial disciplinary panel's recommendation.
- Bronx DA seeking nomination to become judge Updated: Sep-18-15 8:39 pm
NEW YORK - Bronx District Attorney Robert Johnson says he wants to be nominated to become a state Supreme Court judge.
- Gov't outraged as court orders new election in Argentina Updated: Sep-17-15 3:11 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A court has annulled a gubernatorial election in a stronghold of Argentina's governing party, outraging officials of President Cristina Fernandez's administration and giving a boost to opponents ahead of the Oct. 25 presidential contest.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court justice won't seek third term Updated: Sep-16-15 6:00 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Patrick Crooks said Wednesday that he won't seek a third 10-year term, choosing to end his nearly 39-year career as a judge.
- Wisconsin Legislature to focus on elections reform, abortion Updated: Sep-13-15 1:49 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans are getting ready to launch their fall legislative agenda with bills that would defund Planned Parenthood, block prosecutors from using secret investigative techniques against politicians and restructure the state elections board.
- Ex-prosecutor indicted for trying to influence judge's race Updated: Sep-09-15 3:23 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A former Davidson County prosecutor seeking a Superior Court judge's seat has been indicted after authorities say she offered a district judge $20,000 to persuade her husband to drop out of the race.