- Campus beer, wine sales measure receives committee approval Updated: Feb-04-16 4:40 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's six public universities could see wine and beer sales on campus at sports and other special events under a plan that a legislative committee approved Thursday.
- Pressure mounting for lawmakers to send alcohol plan to vote Updated: Feb-04-16 4:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A new plan for Oklahoma voters to decide whether wine and strong beer can be sold in grocery and convenience stores could be the first of many alcohol-related questions on the November ballot.
- Lucedale approves beer, wine sales -- but heavy restrictions Updated: Feb-04-16 9:46 am
LUCEDALE, Mississippi - Lucedale businesses will soon be able to sell beer and light wine, but the new perk comes with some heavy strings attached.
- Group seeks beer, wine sales at Oklahoma grocery stores Updated: Feb-03-16 6:25 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A group that supports the sale of strong beer and wine at Oklahoma grocery stores, gas stations and convenience stores is launching a petition drive to place the issue on the November ballot.
- Group faces protest as it submits petitions to legalize pot Updated: Feb-01-16 6:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A group that hopes to legalize marijuana in Maine delivered petition signatures to the state Monday as opponents hectored the group's organizers.
- State report says Ohio liquor sales top $1B for first time Updated: Jan-28-16 4:16 am
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio - State officials say Ohio set a record for dollar sales of spirituous liquor last year, exceeding $1 billion for the first time.
- Sunday alcohol sales bill defeated by legislative panel Updated: Jan-27-16 1:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Another legislative session will pass without lifting the ban on Sunday carryout alcohol sales.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jan-26-16 1:02 pm
The Munster Times. Jan. 22, 2016
- Oregon lawmakers consider liquor tax ahead of Nov. ballot Updated: Jan-24-16 9:55 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Oregonians have many options for places to buy wine and beer. Hard alcohol, however, requires a separate trip to one of the limited state-owned liquor stores. But that could change if voters pass a ballot measure proposed for November that would allow hard alcohol to sit alongside beer and wine on grocery-store shelves.
- Missouri lawmaker proposes alcohol ban at Capitol Updated: Jan-23-16 1:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker has proposed legislation banning smoking and alcohol in the Missouri Statehouse.
- Idaho lawmakers consider law to seal beer growlers with tape Updated: Jan-23-16 1:17 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Full beer growlers could be considered open containers under Idaho law, and state police are asking the Legislature to make a change.
- Movie theater sues Idaho police over 'Fifty Shades' flap Updated: Jan-21-16 3:29 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A movie theater is suing the Idaho State Police for threatening to revoke the theater's liquor license because it served alcohol while showing "Fifty Shades of Grey."
- Legislative committees diverge on county funding plans Updated: Jan-20-16 2:23 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota counties won approval Wednesday from a Senate committee to receive a share of alcohol tax funds, but House lawmakers shot down a more substantial plan to allow counties to impose sales taxes.
- Rules vary for alcohol on Grand Canyon river rafting trips Updated: Jan-18-16 11:20 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A huge sense of accomplishment rushes over rafters as they conquer the last big rapid on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.
- Bill to ease limits on handgun permits draws concerns Updated: Jan-13-16 3:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A proposal to lift Indiana's restrictions on alcohol offenders obtaining handgun licenses would remove one means of protecting victims, an advocate for domestic violence victims told state lawmakers Wednesday.
- Commission recommends easing restrictions on Alabama brewers Updated: Jan-13-16 1:48 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state commission tasked with examining Alabama's liquor laws is recommending lawmakers ease sales restrictions on breweries, distilleries and wineries.
- Powdered alcohol ban introduced in Idaho House committee Updated: Jan-13-16 1:21 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A bill that would ban the sale, possession and consumption of powdered alcohol in Idaho has been introduced by a committee of lawmakers.
- Queen's Beach alcohol ban may change ahead of Pro Bowl Week Updated: Jan-10-16 12:27 pm
HONOLULU - Parks officials are considering a plan loosening the alcohol ban at Queen's Beach in Kapiolani Park, where the NFL wants to serve liquor during Pro Bowl Week festivities.