- Plans for alcohol, wine at Utah Starbucks on hold Updated: Nov-24-15 4:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah regulators declined to rule Tuesday on whether Starbucks can serve beer and wine at some locations, saying they want lawmakers to determine if the cafes can be considered restaurants eligible for alcohol licenses.
- Alcohol treatment center for Native Americans discussed Updated: Nov-24-15 12:53 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An activist is urging Sioux City and Woodbury County officials to open an alcohol treatment center for its Native American population.
- Dartmouth on track in implementing changes Updated: Nov-22-15 10:54 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - An outside review panel says Dartmouth College is on track in implementing an ambitious plan to overhaul its campus culture, and college officials say students are playing a significant role.
- Republican liquor plan passes state House amid budget talks Updated: Nov-19-15 2:27 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A divided state House on Thursday sent a new proposal to privatize Pennsylvania's government-run liquor system to the Senate, a plan not much different from a Republican-backed bill that Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf vetoed in June.
- Ballot questions filed to change Colorado's liquor law Updated: Nov-05-15 3:32 pm
DENVER - A group that wants Colorado grocery stores to sell wine and full-strength beer submitted ballot proposals to ask voters next year to make it happen.
- New York town partially lifts 80-year-old alcohol ban Updated: Nov-04-15 4:16 am
NEVERSINK, New York - Residents have partially lifted an 80-year-old ban on the sale of alcohol in a New York town.
- Judge blocks halt of liquor, tobacco sales at 4 strip clubs Updated: Oct-29-15 6:14 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans judge has temporarily blocked a state agency's order revoking the liquor and tobacco licenses of four French Quarter strip clubs.
- Sioux City officials discuss single-can beer ban Updated: Oct-29-15 3:43 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Sioux City officials, community leaders and law enforcement are considering banning the sale of certain single-serve beer for off-site consumption in an effort to curb public intoxication.
- Michigan bans powder product that makes alcoholic drinks Updated: Oct-28-15 1:21 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan is banning a powder product that makes vodka, rum and other alcoholic drinks when mixed with water.
- Sting finds most Texas alcohol locations obeying sales laws Updated: Oct-27-15 9:09 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas regulators say an operation targeting illegal sales to underage drinkers has found about 91 percent of the locations obeyed beverage laws.