- Maine Senate gives initial OK to powdered alcohol ban Updated: Jun-01-15 11:01 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A bill to ban powdered alcohol is quickly moving forward in the Maine Legislature.
- Kansas House approves changes to state's liquor laws Updated: May-29-15 7:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House has approved a measure that would allow alcohol at state events at the Capitol and adjusts a number of liquor permit processes.
- Colorado brewers, grocery stores face fight over liquor laws Updated: May-28-15 4:53 pm
DENVER - Local brewers and liquor stores are bracing for another push to allow Colorado grocery stores to sell wine and higher alcohol-content beer, a move opponents see as a threat to the craft beer industry.
- House to vote on banning pure caffeine, powdered alcohol Updated: May-27-15 3:07 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio representatives are set to vote on a measure to prohibit the sale of pure caffeine products, along with the sale of powdered or crystalline alcohol.
- Liquor board finalizing rule for events like Oktoberfest Updated: May-26-15 5:48 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's liquor board is finalizing more flexible rules for granting permits after receiving intense criticism last year when the board considered denying a permit to an annual Oktoberfest celebration.
- ACLU says Anchorage restriction on alcohol sales illegal Updated: May-21-15 8:01 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The ACLU of Alaska is saying last month's city proposal to prevent three-time users of Anchorage's emergency sobering center from buying alcohol is illegal under state law. The group maintains that it would violate privacy by sharing confidential records with liquor stores.
- Bill allowing beer bikes advances in California Legislature Updated: May-18-15 7:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers have advanced a bill that would allow so-called beer bikes to operate on streets, but leaves cities to decide if alcohol is allowed on board.
- Connecticut lawmakers pass powdered alcohol ban Updated: May-18-15 4:08 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut is moving closer toward becoming the latest state to ban powdered alcohol.
- Bills on breastfeeding, booze sales move through Legislature Updated: May-16-15 9:20 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Talk of the state budget has dominated the 2015 legislative session in New Hampshire, with other high-profile items such as casino gambling and changes to the state's marijuana laws occasionally stealing the spotlight.
- Kansas Senate blocks sales of strong beer in supermarkets Updated: May-14-15 8:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Senate has rejected a measure to allow supermarkets and convenience stores to sell full-strength beer.
- Florida governor signs bill to allow 64-ounce beer growlers Updated: May-14-15 7:41 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The vexing battle over beer sizes in Florida is finally coming to end.
- Governor signs new Senate bills to help grow beer industry Updated: May-12-15 5:40 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two bills were signed by West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin to assist in the growing beer and tourism industries of the state.
- Big Ohio cities aren't alone in pondering open-drink zones Updated: May-10-15 9:23 am
CINCINNATI - Revelers may soon be able to legally carry open containers of alcohol in Ohio - and not just in the big cities.
- Miami Beach commission gives initial approval to alcohol ban Updated: May-08-15 5:43 am
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - Commissioners in Miami Beach have given initial approval to a ban on selling alcohol in the early morning hours.
- Washington latest state to ban powdered alcohol Updated: May-07-15 7:26 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state is the latest to ban powdered alcohol under a measure signed into law Thursday by Gov. Jay Inslee.
- Hard liquor out at University of Kansas frat chapter houses Updated: May-07-15 1:13 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Hard liquor will not be allowed at University of Kansas fraternity houses beginning this fall, according to a council that oversees the organizations.