- Dominion outlines new national forest route for pipeline Updated: Feb-12-16 12:52 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Energy companies behind the Atlantic Coast Pipeline have carved a new proposed route through parts of West Virginia and Virginia in response to federal concerns about the national gas pipeline's initial path through sensitive national forest areas.
- Growers fear lawsuits could cut supply of irrigation water Updated: Feb-10-16 9:54 am
MADRAS, Oregon - The farm fields in Jefferson County are quiet this time of year, the irrigation ditches dry, the crops dormant and the tractors, combines and balers parked in barns until spring.
- Fort Wayne zoo seeks volunteer toad, frog trackers Updated: Feb-10-16 8:16 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - The Fort Wayne Children's Zoo is looking for volunteers as part of an effort to track frog and toad species.
- US Forest Service rejects proposed forest route for pipeline Updated: Jan-21-16 2:48 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The U.S. Forest Service has rejected the proposed route of a 550-mile natural gas pipeline through national forests in Virginia and West Virginia because of concerns over the project's impact on an endangered salamander and other resources.
- Scientists ID new genus of tree frogs long thought extinct Updated: Jan-20-16 9:44 pm
NEW DELHI - For more than a century, two mysterious tree frog specimens collected by a British naturalist in 1870 and housed at the Natural History Museum in London were assumed to be part of a vanished species, never again found in the wild. Until now.