- Man convicted of killing judge in 1974 seeks DNA testing Updated: Nov-29-15 3:36 pm
PASCO, Washington - A man convicted of killing a Superior Court judge with a pipe bomb in 1974 is asking a court to allow DNA testing on evidence from his case.
- DNA links Kelso man to 2000 killing, may clear victim's son Updated: Nov-26-15 3:42 pm
LONGVIEW, Washington - New DNA testing has linked a Kelso man to the murder of his aunt 15 years ago - and could exonerate the victim's son, who is serving life in prison for the crime.
- DNA evidence leads to new conviction in 1994 bathtub murder Updated: Nov-26-15 12:10 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - More than 20 years after a Palisade woman was found strangled with a dog leash in her bathtub, a Mesa County jury has convicted a second man of her murder.
- DNA frees rape convict; evidence points to fugitive rapist Updated: Nov-24-15 1:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Even after Luis Vargas was sent to prison for a rape conviction that would mean he would probably never be free, his young daughter never stopped believing in him.
- Condo board wants pet DNA to track down poopers Updated: Nov-21-15 4:37 pm
DESTIN, Florida - Some Florida condo owners are steaming after their homeowners association asked them to submit their dog's DNA in order to fine owners who don't pick up after their pets.
- Crime lab: Shorter turnaround time, but attrition an issue Updated: Nov-21-15 1:34 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's once-maligned crime lab has cut its turnaround time by an average of 150 days to under a year and is close to being fully staffed, but attrition and funding remain major issues, the lab's director says.
- Unsolved: cold cases and the murder of Kellie Taitt Updated: Nov-20-15 2:02 am
RENO, Nevada - "Cold case." The term itself can have an eerie undertone of an unsolved crime and a potentially free criminal.
- Military identifies remains of 7 Pearl Harbor 'unknowns' Updated: Nov-09-15 8:37 pm
HONOLULU - The remains of seven crew members missing since the USS Oklahoma capsized in the 1941 bombing of Pearl Harbor have been identified, the military said Monday.
- Omaha police drop word "lab" from forensics unit name Updated: Nov-09-15 10:58 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - What has been known as the Omaha police crime lab now is called the forensic investigations unit.
- Judge to decide new trial for ex-police boss hears testimony Updated: Nov-04-15 5:43 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A judge who will decide whether a former police captain should receive a new trial in the 1997 slaying of his ex-wife heard testimony from DNA experts as his latest hearing opened Wednesday.
- New KBI forensic science lab set to open on Washburn campus Updated: Nov-01-15 1:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A new multimillion-dollar Kansas Bureau of Investigation Forensic Science Center is set to open this week on the Washburn University campus in Topeka.
- Shaheen proposes funding for overwhelmed forensic labs Updated: Oct-30-15 3:22 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is introducing legislation to help state police forensic labs in New Hampshire and elsewhere deal with a dramatic workload increases due the surge in heroin use.
- DNA from man who killed self matches in 1999 Texas slaying Updated: Oct-30-15 12:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Police say DNA from a man who refused to provide a sample then committed suicide links him to a 1999 North Texas slaying.