- Ex-NHL player, TV analyst arrested in domestic incident Updated: Oct-09-15 7:11 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Authorities have arrested former Carolina Hurricanes player and TV analyst Aaron Ward following a domestic incident.
- Drone lands at park near White House; operator cited Updated: Oct-09-15 1:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Authorities cited a man for illegally flying a drone that crash-landed in a park near the White House early Friday morning.
- Vermont school bus driver cited for DUI; no students on bus Updated: Oct-08-15 7:04 pm
BETHEL, Vermont - Vermont state police cited a school bus driver for driving under the influence of alcohol after a high school principal alerted them just after 8 a.m. Thursday.
- Man cited after gun found in carry-on bag at Norfolk airport Updated: Oct-07-15 9:33 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Federal authorities say a man was cited for bringing a loaded handgun to Norfolk International Airport after officers discovered the weapon in a carry-on bag.
- Officials look at civil fines for marijuana possession Updated: Oct-06-15 4:10 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Officials in two South Florida counties are moving forward with fines for misdemeanor marijuana possession, rather than arrests and criminal charges.
- Agency cites contractor, says workers exposed to heat Updated: Oct-05-15 11:29 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited a Charleston roofing contractor for exposing workers to excessive heat.
- Repent! Undercover New Hampshire cops nab cell ban violators Updated: Sep-30-15 1:54 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Michelle Tetreault's daughter didn't know what "repent" meant when she spotted a man with a sign around his neck warning "Repent! The end is near!" But she's plenty sorry now that her mom is facing a $124 traffic ticket for using her cellphone to snap a picture of the man.
- City dismisses panhandling citations after ACLU complaint Updated: Sep-30-15 11:58 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs is considering changes to its panhandling ordinances after a complaint from the American Civil Liberties Union led to citation dismissals.
- Cops: Drunken man who ran over girl had 3 drinking citations Updated: Sep-29-15 10:02 am
GLENSHAW, Pennsylvania - Court records show a man accused of being drunk when he ran over a 6-year-old girl standing with her mother in a suburban Pittsburgh driveway had three previous citations for underage drinking.
- August US mine impact inspections result in 193 citations Updated: Sep-29-15 5:38 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Federal inspectors issued 193 citations and 13 orders at U.S. mine operations in August.
- Colorado lawmakers weigh electronic police citations Updated: Sep-28-15 4:59 pm
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers studying ways to collect data on racial-profiling by law enforcement said Monday they would consider having some agencies issuing citations electronically to make it easier to compile information.
- Pima County mounts operation to promote school bus safety Updated: Sep-24-15 1:43 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - An operation mounted in the Tucson area by the Pima County Sheriff's Department to promote school bus safety has resulted in more than 200 traffic citations.
- 3 sue Pittsburgh police over phone-recorded confrontation Updated: Sep-22-15 4:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - The American Civil Liberties Union sued Pittsburgh police and a white officer on Tuesday for allegedly retaliating against three black residents, one of whom attempted to record an encounter with the officer on her cellphone, by citing them for disorderly conduct.
- Woman cited for rear-ending school bus Updated: Sep-21-15 5:15 pm
BROOKSVILLE, Florida - A Tampa woman has been cited for careless driving after authorities say she rear-ended a Hernando County school bus.
- Convicted swindler cited for several Ohio prison violations Updated: Sep-20-15 12:47 pm
CLEVELAND - The man imprisoned in a $100 million, multistate Navy veterans charity fraud has been cited for a number of prison violations after run-ins with guards during his first two years behind bars.
- Lawmaker cited for making out undecided on 2016 election Updated: Sep-17-15 3:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - One of the Minnesota lawmakers cited for making out with a fellow Republican legislator in a public park said Thursday that she wants to move past the incident, which she refused to discuss in detail, and that she's still considering whether to run for re-election next year.
- Honolulu prosecutor asks city to cut back on petty citations Updated: Sep-17-15 7:30 am
HONOLULU - A city prosecutor in Honolulu is asking lawmakers to decriminalize certain petty offenses, saying they're clogging courts.
- Republicans sorry for saying ranger lied about making out Updated: Sep-14-15 1:44 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Two Republican lawmakers whom a park ranger cited for making out in a public park apologized Monday for accusing that ranger of lying and stepped down from a Minnesota House ethics panel in an apparent effort to head off a complaint from Democrats.
- Trucker cited for overturning rig, blocking westbound I-70 Updated: Sep-10-15 9:41 am
CLAYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - A North Carolina trucker is being cited for driving too fast on rain-slicked Interstate 70 in southwestern Pennsylvania, overturning his rig and causing three other vehicles to crash.