- Police: 4 teens arrested in carjacking of 77-year-old woman Updated: Feb-11-16 4:18 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say four teenagers have been arrested in connection with a carjacking of a 77-year-old woman in eastern New Orleans.
- Sex offender wanted in California is arrested in Arizona Updated: Feb-11-16 4:17 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Federal authorities say a sex offender wanted in California has been arrested in northwestern Arizona.
- Cliven Bundy charges stem from April 2014 standoff in Nevada Updated: Feb-11-16 4:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - The father of the jailed leader of a group that occupied an Oregon federal wildlife refuge was charged Thursday by federal authorities with leading a tense April 2014 armed standoff with Bureau of Land Management agents near his ranch in Nevada.
- The Latest: Slain deputy served in Army from 1991-1999 Updated: Feb-11-16 3:30 pm
ABINGDON, Maryland - The Latest on a gunman fatally shooting two sheriff's deputies and being killed in a shootout (all times local):
- Court makes it easier to arrest, convict drunk drivers Updated: Feb-11-16 3:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Supreme Court has ruled on two separate cases that could make it easier for people who are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol to be arrested and convicted.
- Slain Maryland deputies were fathers, veterans of the force Updated: Feb-11-16 3:22 pm
EDGEWOOD, Maryland - In an emotional address, the Harford County sheriff identified two deputies who were fatally shot in the line of duty, marking the first such tragedy in the small suburban county since 1899.
- Last occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge surrender to FBI Updated: Feb-11-16 3:09 pm
BURNS, Oregon - Surrounded by FBI agents in armored vehicles, the last four occupiers of a national nature preserve surrendered Thursday, and a leader in their movement who organized a 2014 standoff with authorities was criminally charged in federal court.
- The Latest: FBI says it's arrested last 4 Oregon occupiers Updated: Feb-11-16 3:03 pm
BURNS, Oregon - The Latest on the standoff at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon (all times local):
- Judge: Man is fugitive former child TV host from Louisiana Updated: Feb-11-16 2:53 pm
SAN DIEGO - A judge ruled Thursday that a former Cub Scout leader in the San Diego area is the former child television show host "Mr. Wonder," who fled Louisiana in 1979 amid allegations that he sexually abused children on a camping trip.
- Union attorney: Chief to fire officer in Heinz Field arrest Updated: Feb-11-16 2:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - The city police chief wants to fire an officer who allegedly roughed up a drunk man he arrested at a high school championship football game in November, the Pittsburgh's police union attorney said.
- 5 indicted in 2015 New York City gas explosion that killed 2 Updated: Feb-11-16 1:50 pm
NEW YORK - A building owner and four others were arrested Thursday on manslaughter, negligent homicide and other charges in connection with a gas explosion last year that killed two people and leveled three Manhattan buildings.
- Arkansas judge charged in death of son left in hot car Updated: Feb-11-16 1:38 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas judge has been arrested on a complaint of negligent homicide after the death of his son in the back seat of a hot car last summer.
- The Latest: San Diego court says man is Louisiana fugitive Updated: Feb-11-16 1:26 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Latest on a San Diego court hearing to confirm that a recently arrested man is a fugitive from Louisiana wanted in an investigation of 1979 child sex abuse allegations (all times local):
- Feds: Leader of New Jersey gang Grape Street Crips indicted Updated: Feb-11-16 1:15 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal authorities in New Jersey say they've arrested the reputed leader of one of the state's most violent street gangs, the Grape Street Crips.
- Brazil police arrest ex-president of construction company Updated: Feb-11-16 12:57 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian police have arrested the former president of construction giant Andrade Gutierrez for his suspected role in a bribery scandal involving the state-owned company that operates Brazil's two nuclear power plants.
- Sweden arrests man on suspicion of preparing terror crimes Updated: Feb-11-16 12:37 pm
STOCKHOLM - Swedish police say they have arrested a man in the Stockholm area on suspicion of preparing terror crimes.
- Rhode Island stripper, suspected bank robber, arrested Updated: Feb-11-16 12:12 pm
ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts - Police have arrested a stripper in connection with a bank robbery in Rhode Island as she was lying in a Massachusetts motel room bed with cash possibly linked to the holdup.
- Feds accuse prison guards of taking bribes, drug trafficking Updated: Feb-11-16 10:38 am
ATLANTA - More than 40 prison guards and officers in Georgia have been indicted on charges of accepting bribes and drug trafficking, the latest in a federal effort to crack down on contraband and criminal activity in the state's prisons.
- Deputies: Snapchat posting of money leads to robbery Updated: Feb-11-16 9:54 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Authorities say a photo of money posted on the Snapchat social media app led to a home invasion and robbery in Boca Raton.
- Deputies: Snapchat posting leads to knife-point robbery Updated: Feb-11-16 9:32 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Authorities say a photo on the Snapchat social media app led to a home invasion and robbery in Boca Raton.
- Man charged with assault, threat in Pittsburgh SWAT standoff Updated: Feb-11-16 9:17 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police have identified a domestic violence suspect arrested after a SWAT standoff in the city's Mount Washington neighborhood.
- South African police captain arrested in fatal beatings Updated: Feb-11-16 8:57 am
JOHANNESBURG - A police captain in South Africa faces murder charges for allegedly helping four farmers beat two suspected thieves to death in a case that ignited racial tension in a rural town.
- Police: Woman leads officers on chase in stolen ambulance Updated: Feb-11-16 8:01 am
HOUSTON - A woman has been arrested after authorities say she led Houston police on a slow-speed pursuit in a stolen ambulance.
- 7 arrested in attack on Kurdish migrants in northern France Updated: Feb-11-16 7:36 am
PARIS - A French prosecutor says seven masked men carrying iron bars were arrested overnight in northern France after an attack on migrants near the city of Calais.
- 2 chimney repair workers accused of breaking into LI homes Updated: Feb-11-16 7:31 am
WANTAGH, New York - Two chimney repair workers have been arrested for allegedly breaking into three Long Island homes and stealing jewelry and cash.