- Man arrested in connection with Adams County slaying Updated: Jul-29-15 10:16 pm
DENVER - Authorities in Adams County have arrested a man on suspicion of first-degree murder.
- MCSO: 2 Phoenix residents accused of stealing electricity Updated: Jul-29-15 9:19 pm
PHOENIX - Two Phoenix residents have been accused of drug possession and stealing electricity.
- Man shot near stables at Delaware Park; suspect arrested Updated: Jul-29-15 9:06 pm
STANTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a man was shot near the stables at Delaware Park Horse Racing & Slots in Stanton.
- El Salvador arrests gang leader suspected in bus attacks Updated: Jul-29-15 9:04 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - Authorities arrested the leader of a gang believed responsible for a string of threats and attacks on bus drivers that has disrupted public transportation in El Salvador's capital, prosecutors said Wednesday.
- NYC correction investigator arrested on child pornography charges Updated: Jul-29-15 8:26 pm
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A New York City correction department investigator has been arrested on child pornography charges.
- Relative: Family shot after offering help to stranded driver Updated: Jul-29-15 7:52 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A man who was stopped along a road on Montana's Crow Indian Reservation gunned down a family who tried to help him Wednesday, killing the couple and wounding their daughter, a relative said.
- US immigration arrests 30 in Oklahoma without permission Updated: Jul-29-15 7:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents have arrested 30 fugitives or convicted criminals during a four-day sweep in the Oklahoma City and Guymon areas.
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, robbing Phoenix woman Updated: Jul-29-15 7:32 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a homeless man has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a Phoenix woman, stealing her laptop and then trying to sell it.
- Prosecutor: LSU student doesn't want Tiger players charged Updated: Jul-29-15 7:06 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The student in an on-campus apartment break-in involving LSU quarterback Anthony Jennings and two teammates has asked prosecutors not to press charges, East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore said Wednesday.
- Feds: New York man tried to support Islamic State group Updated: Jul-29-15 6:17 pm
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York man traveled overseas in a bid to join the Islamic State group after buying night-vision goggles, a machete and body armor and pledging his loyalty to the group on Twitter, federal authorities said Wednesday after arresting him on a charge of attempting to provide material support to a designated terrorist organization.
- No bond for man charged in fatal shooting of Chicago boy, 7 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:05 pm
CHICAGO - A 20-year-old man charged in the July 4 shooting death of a 7-year-old Chicago boy was ordered held without bond in a hearing Wednesday that followed his extradition from Wisconsin.
- Police: 2 arrested after cards with drug mailed to LI jail Updated: Jul-29-15 5:56 pm
EAST MEADOW, New York - A jail inmate and his girlfriend been arrested after authorities say greeting cards with fentanyl patches were mailed to the Nassau County jail.
- Danbury pet shop owner arrested on animal cruelty charges Updated: Jul-29-15 5:17 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The owner of a Danbury pet shop has been arrested on charges of animal cruelty on allegations he failed to properly care for two dogs and a kitten, requiring two animals to be euthanized.
- Man who allegedly defrauded Arizona organization is arrested Updated: Jul-29-15 5:12 pm
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Authorities say a man who allegedly defrauded an organization in Prescott out of about $1,600 has been arrested in Tennessee.
- Group says man arrested in fatal crime spree mentally ill Updated: Jul-29-15 3:30 pm
CLEVELAND - The head of an Ohio Latino advocacy group says the man arrested for the fatal shooting of one woman and the wounding of another has had serious mental health issues for years.
- Mom pleads guilty to harboring son accused of desertion Updated: Jul-29-15 1:50 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The mother of an Army soldier arrested on a desertion warrant has pleaded guilty to harboring her son.
- Former State Department official pleads guilty to voyeurism Updated: Jul-29-15 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - A former State Department official has pleaded guilty to charges of voyeurism and stalking in Washington.
- Sparks woman charged after standoff with SWAT team, assault Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - A woman in Sparks has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon after she allegedly battered her mother, threatened her with a butcher knife and barricaded herself in her mother's home for more than an hour.
- Bay Area woman arrested in mother's death Updated: Jul-29-15 10:23 am
HAYWARD, California - A Hayward woman is being held without bail after her arrest related to the death of her 66-year-old mother.
- Pakistani militant leader killed in police convoy attack Updated: Jul-29-15 10:08 am
MUZAFFARGARH, Pakistan - One of Pakistan's most-feared Islamic militant leaders, believed to be behind the killing of scores of minority Shiites, was gunned down along with 13 other militants during an assault on a police convoy that was transporting him from prison on Wednesday.
- North Charleston man arrested in fatal shooting Updated: Jul-29-15 9:10 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Police have arrested a North Charleston man charged in a fatal shooting after a SWAT team responded to a home in the city.
- Worcester reaches settlement in police beating case Updated: Jul-29-15 8:25 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A black Massachusetts man who says in a lawsuit he was beaten while handcuffed by a white police officer has reached an out-of-court-settlement for $225,000.
- 2 wanted men arrested after shooting of Nashville mother Updated: Jul-29-15 7:22 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Metro Nashville police have announced that two men wanted for shooting and injuring a mother and her 7-month-old child have been arrested.
- Bahrain makes multiple arrests in wake of deadly bombing Updated: Jul-29-15 6:31 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Bahraini authorities have arrested several suspects in the wake of a deadly bombing targeting police in the strategically important island kingdom.
- Man arrested after stabbing at Las Vegas post office Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 am
LAS VEGAS - A man is facing charges after an acquaintance says he stabbed him outside a Las Vegas post office,