- Spain: Police arrest woman for recruiting young girls for IS Updated: Jul-07-15 3:08 am
MADRID - Spanish police have arrested a woman suspected of recruiting pre-teen girls and teenagers of both sexes to send to areas controlled by the Islamic State group in Syria.
- Report: Toyota executive arrested in Japan to be released Updated: Jul-07-15 3:00 am
TOKYO - The American Toyota executive who was arrested last month on suspicion of drug law violations is expected to be released Wednesday without being prosecuted, according to Kyodo News service.
- Clare County deputy resigns after drunken driving accusation Updated: Jul-07-15 2:07 am
HARRISON, Michigan - A sheriff's deputy in Clare County has resigned after she was arrested on accusations of driving while intoxicated.
- New Orleans officer arrested for obstruction of justice Updated: Jul-06-15 11:59 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police say they have arrested one of their own officers for obstruction of justice as they investigate last month's shooting death of another police officer.
- Man in custody after barricading self in village; 1 dead Updated: Jul-06-15 9:01 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers arrested a man Monday after he barricaded himself inside a home for hours in a tiny northwest Alaska village where one person was found dead outside the residence.
- San Francisco status as 'sanctuary' criticized after slaying Updated: Jul-06-15 8:52 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The killing of a woman at a sightseeing pier has brought criticism down on this liberal city because the Mexican man under arrest was in the U.S. illegally, had been deported five times and was out on the streets after San Francisco officials disregarded a request from immigration authorities to keep him locked up.
- Mexican man arrested after crossing into the US on kayak Updated: Jul-06-15 8:13 pm
IMPERIAL BEACH, California - U.S. Border Patrol agents have arrested a 40-year-old Mexican man who crossed into the United States in an inflatable kayak.
- Police: 2 Tucson men arrested after house party shootout Updated: Jul-06-15 7:31 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Sahuarita police have arrested two Tucson men they say were involved in a shootout that started at a house party.
- Las Cruces man arrested on federal child pornography charges Updated: Jul-06-15 7:13 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a Las Cruces man who works as a janitor at an elementary school has been arrested on federal child pornography charges.
- Immigrant blames judicial error for previous deportation Updated: Jul-06-15 6:45 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An immigrant who took refuge at an Oregon church to avoid deportation should be allowed to stay in the U.S. because of a judicial error at a hearing more than a decade ago, his attorney said Monday.
- Man convicted of murder in steel company worker's 1968 death Updated: Jul-06-15 6:23 pm
STROUDSBURG, Pennsylvania - A man has been convicted of murder in the death of another man almost five decades ago.
- Deadly weekend in Chicago highlights city's gang warfare Updated: Jul-06-15 6:19 pm
CHICAGO - A 7-year-old boy who was one of seven people shot to death in Chicago over the holiday weekend was the son of a gang leader with a lengthy arrest record, and police say the man's refusal to cooperate with detectives highlights the city's ongoing challenge to curb gang-related violence.
- 2 arrested in Yuma after carjacking, chase into California Updated: Jul-06-15 5:23 pm
YUMA, Arizona - Two men are in custody after an alleged carjacking in Yuma that crossed the California border.
- Man arrested in sexual assault of 73-year-old woman Updated: Jul-06-15 5:20 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Bloomington police say an arrest has been made in connection with the sexual assault of a 73-year-old woman during a home invasion last month.
- 2 men charged with killing NYC escort at Massachusetts hotel Updated: Jul-06-15 5:02 pm
WOBURN, Massachusetts - Two Massachusetts men pleaded not guilty Monday in the shooting death of a female escort from New York City who prosecutors say was killed during a robbery attempt.
- Teens arrested in theft of restaurant's sweet tea dispenser Updated: Jul-06-15 4:53 pm
CUMMING, Georgia - Forsyth County sheriff's officials say two teens have been arrested after stealing a restaurant's sweet tea dispenser and posting video of the theft to social media.
- Suspect arrested after hours-long standoff in Bell Gardens Updated: Jul-06-15 3:16 pm
BELL GARDENS, California - A sheriff's SWAT team has arrested a man who holed up in his Los Angeles County residence for several hours after officers tried to serve an attempted-murder warrant.
- Phoenix police: Man arrested after wreck kills girlfriend Updated: Jul-06-15 3:01 pm
PHOENIX - A 25-year-old Phoenix man is accused of manslaughter and other crimes in connection with an accident in which his girlfriend was killed.
- 2 teens arrested in fatal shooting, 12-year-old sought Updated: Jul-06-15 2:16 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha police have arrested two teenagers in connection with a fatal shooting last week, and they are still looking for a 12-year-old suspect.
- Israel arrests 6 Bedouin for supporting Islamic State group Updated: Jul-06-15 2:14 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's Shin Bet security agency says it has arrested six Bedouin for establishing a cell supportive of the Islamic State group.
- Man arrested in fatal hit-and-run in Fountain Hills area Updated: Jul-06-15 1:26 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Public Safety has arrested a 55-year-old Phoenix man in a fatal hit-and-run accident involving a pedestrian struck in the Fountain Hills area.
- Easton carnival ride operator arrested for drug possession Updated: Jul-06-15 9:54 am
EASTON, Maryland - A Maryland carnival worker who was in control of a ride intended for children has been arrested on multiple drug charges.
- Correction: Car Through Home story Updated: Jul-06-15 9:48 am
SEMINOLE, Florida - In a story July 5 about a Florida woman driving her car through her house, The Associated Press reported erroneously the city where the crash happened. It happened in Seminole, not Sanford.
- Pisa police arrest Moroccan for pro-terror stance on the Web Updated: Jul-06-15 9:32 am
ROME - Italian police have arrested a Moroccan man near Pisa for allegedly using Facebook and other social media to incite Muslims to use terrorism.
- State media: Jordan arrests terror suspect with explosives Updated: Jul-06-15 9:14 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's state media say the security forces have arrested a man with purported links to an Iranian group on suspicion he planned to carry out terror attacks in the kingdom.