- Puerto Rico's tourist industry feels economic sting of Zika Updated: May-31-16 12:05 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - It was the wedding of one of her best friends, and Natalie Kao was going to be a bridesmaid in a fun, tropical setting on a small island just off the east coast of Puerto Rico. But the prevalence of the Zika virus across the U.S. territory gave her pause.
- Each council member to serve as temporary Tupelo mayor Updated: May-30-16 2:26 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Mayor Jason Shelton got married over the weekend and, while he's away for his honeymoon, the city will have seven different people serving in the mayor's office in seven days' time.
- EXCHANGE: Illinois man recovers, marries after nearly dying Updated: May-30-16 9:17 am
ROSCOE, Illinois - Sixteen months ago, Ethan Menges' family members gathered around his hospital bed, as a life-support machine chugged and beeped in the background.
- Storm safe rooms as a wedding gift? Sure, in Tornado Alley Updated: May-29-16 2:42 pm
ST. LOUIS - Never mind toasters, blenders and slow cookers. Joplin, Missouri, tornado survivors Kayla and Ricky Smith had a more practical request for a wedding gift - shelter from the next big storm.
- Wedding aboard boat interrupted when ship runs aground Updated: May-29-16 12:49 pm
BOSTON - A wedding reception aboard a boat got off to a rocky start when the vessel ran aground off Georges Island in Boston Harbor.
- Mississippi attorney: Don't block religious objections law Updated: May-27-16 6:24 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi government attorneys are opposing two legal challenges to a new state law that will let circuit clerks cite religious objections to recuse themselves from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- The Latest: Mississippi objects to 2 challenges to LGBT law Updated: May-27-16 5:45 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on lawsuits over a Mississippi religious-objections law (all times local):
- Couple files religious discrimination complaint against inn Updated: May-25-16 12:59 pm
GALENA, Illinois - A Wisconsin couple has filed a discrimination charge with the state of Illinois saying that an inn owner refused to host their wedding because they wanted a non-religious service.
- Sunglasses, wide-brim hats approved for Mormon missionaries Updated: May-20-16 5:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Mormon leaders are giving their young missionaries some help for those long walks beneath the blazing sun by granting them permission to wear sunglasses and wide-brimmed hats.
- Wedding planner accused of taking thousands, making no plans Updated: May-18-16 11:03 am
KEY WEST, Florida - A Florida Keys wedding planner faces grand theft and fraud charges after two couples complained she took their money but didn't plan their weddings.
- Family beach house fun: Casino nights, luaus, competitions Updated: May-16-16 10:13 am
NORTH TOPSAIL BEACH, North Carolina - Renting a house for a week or so with extended family or friends is an economical way to vacation while offering quality time with loved ones.
- 10 ideas for theme nights at a vacation home with family Updated: May-16-16 10:10 am
If you're renting a vacation house with extended family this summer and trying to figure out ways to bring a large group with different ages together, consider planning some fun theme nights. Here are 10 ideas.
- Erdogan to West: Care about Syrians as much as gay weddings Updated: May-13-16 2:23 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has slammed Western countries, saying they care more about gay and animal rights than the fate of conflict-stricken Syrians.
- Amazon, Microsoft: Uphold gay anti-discrimination decision Updated: May-09-16 6:07 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - Prominent Washington businesses from Amazon to Microsoft say the Washington Supreme Court should uphold a decision ordering a Richland florist to stop discriminating against same-sex couples.
- Idaho city settles lawsuit over local law, LGBT weddings Updated: May-03-16 3:46 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A city in northern Idaho has settled a lawsuit brought by wedding chapel owners who oppose same sex marriage.