- New Mexico couple gets back wedding rings lost since 1960s Updated: Jun-01-15 8:40 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - It's been decades since Ofelia Kirker lost her wedding rings, but she'll be wearing the treasured jewelry for her 64th wedding anniversary.
- Arkansas attorney general warns of summer wedding scams Updated: May-29-15 3:22 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge is warning brides and grooms who are planning a summer wedding to be wary of scams.
- For an IS fighter, a paid honeymoon in caliphate's heart Updated: May-26-15 3:10 am
BEIRUT - The honeymoon was a brief moment for love, away from the front lines of Syria's war. In the capital of the Islamic State group's self-proclaimed "caliphate," Syrian fighter Abu Bilal al-Homsi was united with his Tunisian bride for the first time after months chatting online. They married, then passed the days dining on grilled meats in Raqqa's restaurants, strolling along the Euphrates River and eating ice cream.
- Cupcake craze defies trends as it makes way to Lafayette Updated: May-25-15 9:19 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Creasy Lane may be a candidate for a name change to Cupcake Lane.
- Judge: Gay couples across Alabama have right to marry Updated: May-21-15 10:13 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A federal judge on Thursday ruled that gays and lesbians have the right to marry in all Alabama counties, but placed her decision on hold until the U.S Supreme Court weighs in on same-sex marriage this summer.
- Ore. woman uses bridesmaid dress to rescue large squirrel Updated: May-19-15 8:18 pm
BEND, Oregon - A central Oregon woman decided to use her best friend's bridesmaid dress to scoop up an injured rockchuck she found in the town of Bend.
- Old Red Museum in Dallas faces repair of leaks, storm damage Updated: May-19-15 9:43 am
DALLAS - Every time it rained in downtown Dallas, the staff of the Old Red Museum would rush to stop water from streaming down the walls and through the ceilings of the historic county courthouse.
- Woman's graduation, wedding all part of milestone weekend Updated: May-15-15 9:55 am
FLINT, Michigan - A Michigan woman is packing a lot of milestones into one weekend.
- Texas anti-gay marriage bill dead for now as deadline passes Updated: May-15-15 1:35 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Efforts by Texas Republicans to defy the U.S. Supreme Court if gay marriage is legalized took a major setback Friday when time expired on a bill that would prohibit government employees from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
- Hinds County retreat seeks resort status from state Updated: May-14-15 4:33 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Providence Hill Farm, a 1,250-acre retreat in northwest Hinds County, has been given approval by the Hinds County Board of Supervisors to seek state status as a resort area.
- Alabama glass artist shows how planets align on wedding day Updated: May-10-15 12:04 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - You've heard the expression, "The planets must have aligned the day we met." It's the kind of thing we say. But for one couple in Huntsville, Alabama's Rocket City, it's more than just a sentiment. Two works of glass art show just how the planets aligned the day they married.
- Guam gay marriage case won't wait for US high court ruling Updated: May-08-15 5:14 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - A lawsuit challenging Guam's same-sex marriage ban will move forward later this month after a federal judge decided against postponing it until after the U.S. Supreme Court rules on gay nuptials this summer.
- Alabama bill would let ministers refuse same-sex marriages Updated: May-06-15 10:04 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A bill working its way through the Alabama Legislature would allow probate judges and ministers to refuse to marry same-sex couples on religious grounds.
- Opponents of 'religious freedom' bill warn of discrimination Updated: May-06-15 7:52 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Opponents of a bill that would allow Alabama probate judges and ministers to refuse to marry gay couples on religious grounds say the legislation could open the door to broader discrimination.
- Same-sex couples offered new marriage license applications Updated: May-06-15 6:43 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Six same-sex couples in northern Idaho who received marriage licenses before state officials say a federal court made such unions legal are being given a unique state-approved opportunity for a do-over.
- Ellen Albertini Dow, 'Wedding Singer' rapper, dies at 101 Updated: May-05-15 2:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ellen Albertini Dow, a feisty character actress best known for her salty rendition of "Rapper's Delight" in "The Wedding Singer," has died. She was 101.
- Pretty in Pink: Princess is good for nation of shopkeepers Updated: May-03-15 11:04 am
LONDON - Britain's retailers might just be rejoicing as much as Kate and Wills about the birth of a new baby princess.