- Brazilian police: Gang rape happened but tests are not proof Updated: May-30-16 6:44 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Police investigating a gang rape possibly involving more than 30 men said Monday that they have no doubt the assault happened but that tests on the 16-year-old victim were done too late to provide conclusive evidence.
- Braves outfielder Hector Olivera suspended through Aug. 1 Updated: May-27-16 4:57 pm
ATLANTA - The Braves' dismal season took another turn for the worse Thursday when outfielder Hector Olivera agreed to accept a suspension through Aug. 1 for his arrest on domestic violence charges.
- The Latest: Bill on voting hours heads to Ohio governor Updated: May-25-16 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on legislative activity at the Ohio Statehouse as lawmakers seek to wrap up work before their summer break (all times local):
- Missouri plans to seek death penalty for Mexican national Updated: May-20-16 7:22 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Missouri prosecutors on Friday filed their formal plan to pursue the death penalty against a Mexican national in the shooting death of a man a day after he allegedly killed four people in Kansas.
- Gov. Haley announces new domestic violence resource website Updated: May-20-16 3:28 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - There's a new website intended to help both victims and perpetrators of domestic violence in South Carolina get resources needed to curb the crime.
- Accused man's mental health, criminal record raise concerns Updated: May-18-16 5:15 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Russell MacPherson says he doesn't understand why his adult son, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia and received mental health care, was able to buy a handgun police accuse him of using to shoot two police officers last week.
- Leaders meet in Birmingham to discuss family justice center Updated: May-17-16 8:46 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham Mayor William Bell, police Chief A.C. Roper and other officials said Tuesday that they hope consolidating legal and social services at a family justice center will help reduce domestic violence homicides in the city.
- Governor signs bill inspired by marathon bombing survivor Updated: May-17-16 6:40 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's governor has signed into law a bill inspired by a resident injured in the Boston Marathon bombings who had trouble applying for the state's crime victim compensation fund because the attack happened in Massachusetts.
- Manziel silent outside court after hearing in domestic case Updated: May-05-16 12:38 pm
DALLAS - Johnny Manziel waded through a crowd of reporters after his first court appearance in a domestic violence case Thursday, ignoring questions and even an autograph request.
- NY redesigns domestic violence form to aid investigations Updated: May-03-16 7:23 am
ALBANY, New York - New York state has redesigned the domestic violence incident report form used by police officers in an effort to aid investigations and help victims.
- Restraining order bill receives final legislative approval Updated: May-02-16 8:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Legislation that would bar people with temporary restraining orders against them from possessing firearms was sent Monday to Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- Southern Idaho domestic violence shelter faces money trouble Updated: May-02-16 3:13 pm
BURLEY, Idaho - A southern Idaho domestic violence shelter is vowing to remain open although it failed to obtain a $200,000 grant.