- Christie creates gun study commission after woman's death Updated: Jun-30-15 12:22 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie has created a commission to study the ownership and possession of firearms after a woman who had received a domestic-violence restraining order against an ex-boyfriend was killed at home while waiting for a gun permit to be approved.
- Advocates award $10k in grants to domestic violence groups Updated: Jun-28-15 3:50 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Jane Doe Inc. will present economic empowerment grants totaling $10,000 to 11 sexual and domestic violence agencies.
- Woman jailed in Kentucky after recanting abuse claims Updated: Jun-16-15 6:01 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Jasmine Stone entered a Kentucky courtroom as the prosecution's named victim in a domestic violence case. She left in handcuffs under arrest after recanting her assault claims against her boyfriend.
- Lawmakers attach $50 fine to domestic violence convictions Updated: Jun-16-15 5:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Domestic violence programs in New Hampshire could receive at least $45,000 in new state funding if lawmakers approve a bill increasing the marriage license fee and fining domestic violence offenders.
- Seconds to live: Shotgun attack survivor recalls deadly day Updated: Jun-13-15 1:24 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Holly Anderson didn't have any premonition of trouble on April 26 when her estranged husband asked her to meet him outside the store where she worked in Collegedale.
- TBI study sheds light on domestic violence in Tennessee Updated: Jun-09-15 3:36 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A recent study by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation shows domestic violence resulted in 270 murder victims in Tennessee from 2012 to 2014.
- Remains of man convicted of killing wife to be removed Updated: Jun-04-15 5:37 pm
ELYRIA, Ohio - The remains of a man who beat his wife to death in 1993 will be removed from their current spot right over her grave.
- Haley: New domestic violence law 1st culture-changing step Updated: Jun-04-15 1:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's new domestic violence law marks a first step in changing a culture that has quietly ignored abuse, Gov. Nikki Haley said Thursday, just before she signed the bill.
- Still no word from Hardy in Dallas, but teammates impressed Updated: Jun-03-15 8:17 pm
IRVING, Texas - Greg Hardy missed practice Wednesday because he was ill, so the latest chance for the Dallas defensive end to meet with reporters ended the same way as the first two.
- High court throws out conviction for Facebook threats Updated: Jun-01-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday threw out the conviction of a Pennsylvania man prosecuted for making threats on Facebook, but dodged the free-speech issues that had made the case intriguing to First Amendment advocates.
- Bill allowing abuse victims to break lease passes committee Updated: Jun-01-15 2:58 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Victims of domestic violence could break a lease to escape an abuser and would also have other housing protections, under a bill moving closer to final legislative passage.
- Ohio police begin use of domestic violence screening system Updated: May-31-15 4:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - More than a dozen central Ohio law enforcement agencies are the first in the state to adopt a system requiring officers to assess whether domestic violence victims are in imminent danger of physical harm or death.