- Father of school shooter pleads not guilty to gun charges Updated: Jul-23-15 4:30 pm
SEATTLE - The father of the Washington state teenager who fatally shot four high school classmates and then himself in October pleaded not guilty in federal court on Thursday to five new firearms charges.
- New Arkansas laws aimed at helping domestic violence victims Updated: Jul-20-15 4:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas law enforcement officers will be required to ask domestic violence victims a series of questions to determine their risk of being killed, and must provide the victims a card with information about assistance and their rights under new laws taking effect this week.
- SEC moves ahead alone on tougher transfer rules Updated: Jul-16-15 2:35 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - The Southeastern Conference has taken the high road when it comes to domestic violence, aiming to keep alleged abusers off their rosters even if it means they land in a rival league.
- Illinois House takes no action on additional appropriation Updated: Jul-15-15 6:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on the last day of lawmakers' deadline to override Gov. Bruce Rauner's budget veto. (All times local):
- Connecticut family violence task force formed Updated: Jul-15-15 4:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut legislators are forming a new task force to examine family violence in Connecticut, including the effects it can have on children.
- Hassan signs bill increasing domestic violence funding Updated: Jul-13-15 2:53 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan has signed a new law to increase the state's marriage license fee by $5 and begin fining domestic violence offenders.
- Prosecutors say Utah man stalked wife over email for 9 years Updated: Jul-07-15 1:02 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Prosecutors say a Utah man stalked his wife for nine years by sending her up to 40 harassing emails a day.
- W.Va. projects aimed at halting domestic violence get grants Updated: Jul-07-15 3:09 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal funding has been awarded for projects aimed at stopping domestic violence in West Virginia.
- LA Kings' Voynov pleads no contest in domestic abuse case Updated: Jul-02-15 6:18 pm
TORRANCE, California - Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov was sentenced to three months in jail Thursday after pleading no contest to beating his wife after an argument at a Halloween party last year.
- Jindal agrees to new housing protections for abuse victims Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Victims of domestic violence are receiving new housing protections in state law.
- Christie creates gun study commission after woman's death Updated: Jun-30-15 12:22 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie has created a commission to study the ownership and possession of firearms after a woman who had received a domestic-violence restraining order against an ex-boyfriend was killed at home while waiting for a gun permit to be approved.
- Advocates award $10k in grants to domestic violence groups Updated: Jun-28-15 3:50 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Jane Doe Inc. will present economic empowerment grants totaling $10,000 to 11 sexual and domestic violence agencies.