- Domestic violence shelter needs funding to stave off closure Updated: Nov-21-15 2:37 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - One of the two domestic violence shelters serving South Dakota's most populous city may soon be shuttered if supporters can't secure funding to keep it open.
- NY gets retailer accord on domestic violence victims Updated: Nov-20-15 3:02 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general says retailer The Bon-Ton Stores has agreed to revise its policy toward employees who are domestic-violence victims and won't require they have a protective court order to continue working.
- Superstars in Liberia now sing for peace in Philadelphia Updated: Nov-18-15 11:38 am
PHILADELPHIA - During 14 years of civil war in Liberia, more than 700,000 residents fled the country. One of the nation's most popular singers, Tokay Tomah, went in the opposite direction.
- The Latest: FAA says San Diego standoff canceled 30 flights Updated: Nov-04-15 7:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - The latest on an active shooter at a San Diego apartment complex (all times local):
- Ex-Journey drummer admits abuse during post-rehab interview Updated: Nov-04-15 3:12 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Former Journey drummer Deen Castronovo recently sat down for a brutally honest interview, his first after completing court-ordered drug rehabilitation.
- Utah Supreme Court hears allegations against ex-police chief Updated: Nov-02-15 4:21 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The case of a former small-town police chief accused of mishandling a domestic violence complaint against his brother and trying to cover it up came before the Utah Supreme Court Monday.
- Woe spreads in Pennsylvania's 4-month budget standoff Updated: Nov-01-15 3:16 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - State-subsidized pre-kindergarten programs are shutting down, domestic violence shelters are closing their doors and Pennsylvania's school districts are begging for more time to pay their bills - all because of a four-month budget stalemate that shows no signs of ending.
- Arkansas AG launches focus on domestic violence initiatives Updated: Oct-31-15 3:35 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge says her office will distribute information cards to abuse victims and help develop courses for students on dating violence, as she ramps up a focus on domestic violence in the coming months.
- 2 domestic violence shelters closing because of stalemate Updated: Oct-30-15 8:21 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Shelters for victims of domestic violence are beginning to close amid Pennsylvania state government's four-month-old budget stalemate.
- Annual ceremony recognizes domestic violence victims Updated: Oct-29-15 4:02 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor is hosting a somber ceremony to honor the state's victims killed by domestic violence.