- Kings point guard arrested on domestic violence charge Updated: May-31-16 9:34 pm
GRANITE BAY, California - Sacramento Kings point guard Darren Collison was arrested on a charge of domestic violence after deputies responded to a report of a woman being assaulted inside a California home, authorities said Tuesday.
- SEC coaches Saban, Bielema want to change NFL draft rules Updated: May-31-16 8:44 pm
DESTIN, Florida - Alabama's Nick Saban and Arkansas' Bret Bielema would like to see a major change to rules regarding NFL draft entry.
- Gophers forward Buggs to play elsewhere as graduate transfer Updated: May-31-16 7:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota forward Charles Buggs will leave the program to play elsewhere in his final year of eligibility.
- Healthy again at last, MVP Stephen Curry chases second title Updated: May-31-16 6:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - Fresh charcoal gray NBA Finals cap on backward and wearing a wide grin, Stephen Curry summed up his wild, up-and-down postseason so far and reminded everybody he's not close to done.
- Obama congratulates Villanova for winning NCAA title Updated: May-31-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama congratulated the Villanova University men's basketball team Tuesday for winning what he described as "maybe the best title game of all time" in this year's NCAA tournament.
- Prominent playoff performers headed toward free agency Updated: May-31-16 6:17 pm
Many free agents this year will be looking for a major payday this offseason. The group possibly headed to free agency in July includes some prominent names from this year's NBA playoffs and here are some factors they could consider in making their decisions.
- Michigan State announces incoming graduate transfer Updated: May-31-16 5:48 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Former UNLV forward Ben Carter is joining Michigan State's basketball team for the 2016-17 season as a graduate transfer.
- Suspended guard Marcus Stroman leaving South Carolina Updated: May-31-16 5:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Suspended sophomore point guard Marcus Stroman is transferring from South Carolina.
- Will OKC's playoff run keep Kevin Durant in Thunder uniform? Updated: May-31-16 5:26 pm
Kevin Durant sat at the press conference table with Russell Westbrook by his side, the two friends and teammates trying to get their minds around letting a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference finals slip away.
- Jason Terry to host weekly show on SiriusXM NBA Radio Updated: May-31-16 5:14 pm
NEW YORK - Veteran guard Jason Terry, a confident shooter and talker, will host a weekly show on SiriusXM NBA Radio.
- Warriors' Game 7 has largest cable TV audience for NBA game Updated: May-31-16 4:55 pm
ATLANTA - The Warriors' Game 7 win to complete a comeback from down 3-1 in the Western Conference finals drew the largest TV audience for an NBA game on cable.
- Pac-12 all-star team headed on Australian tour Updated: May-31-16 4:23 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 Conference will send an all-star men's basketball team to Australia in July for a series of exhibition games.
- As investigations continue, Louisville's Pitino looks ahead Updated: May-31-16 4:11 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Rick Pitino raved about Louisville's potential next season, suggesting Tuesday that the Cardinals' length and speed mirrors the strengths of the 1996 NCAA championship squad he coached at archrival Kentucky.
- Lundquist to step down from SEC football on CBS after 2016 Updated: May-31-16 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - Verne Lundquist will call one more season of Southeastern Conference football for CBS before Brad Nessler takes over the sport's highest-rated TV package.
- Position-by-position matchups for the NBA Finals Updated: May-31-16 2:56 pm
A position-by-position look at the matchups in the NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers:
- Capsule preview of the NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers Updated: May-31-16 2:55 pm
- Belmont hires alum Scott Corley as athletic director Updated: May-31-16 1:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Belmont has selected Scott Corley, a former star basketball player at the school, as its athletic director.
- Warriors rally from 3-1 deficit after in-flight meeting Updated: May-31-16 2:39 am
OAKLAND, California - A heart-to-heart was in order.
- Curry and record-setting Warriors headed back to NBA Finals Updated: May-31-16 1:00 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry knocked down yet another 3-pointer in the waning moments, pulled his jersey up into his mouth and yelled to the rafters in triumph once more.
- All for one: LeBron, Cavs bonding on path toward NBA title Updated: May-30-16 11:27 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - As they jumped around the locker room dousing each other with ice water and howling after earning their second straight trip to the NBA Finals, the Cavaliers were one.
- Baylor AD McCaw resigns in wake of sexual assault scandal Updated: May-30-16 7:49 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw has resigned, less than a week after he was put on probation as part of the school's reaction to a scathing report about its failure to properly respond to allegations of sexual assaults.
- Pau Gasol considering skipping Olympics because of Zika Updated: May-30-16 2:48 pm
MADRID - Pau Gasol is considering not playing at the Olympics because of the Zika virus.
- Agent: Pelicans' Dejean-Jones in 'wrong place' when shot Updated: May-29-16 5:32 pm
DALLAS - Bryce Dejean-Jones had a bright future in the NBA, the league commissioner said following the death of the New Orleans Pelicans guard who was shot after kicking down the door of what he mistakenly thought was his girlfriend's apartment in Dallas.
- Grizzlies announce David Fizdale as their new coach Updated: May-29-16 4:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Grizzlies have hired another first-time head coach, and general manager Chris Wallace thinks David Fizdale's resume working with the Miami Heat has him primed to continue Memphis' recent success
- Antetokounmpo brothers, Porzingis play streetball in Athens Updated: May-29-16 2:48 pm
ATHENS, Greece - NBA stars Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks and Kristaps Porzingis of the New York Knicks battled it out in Athens in a game of streetball Sunday, watched by a crowd of 5,000.