- Maryland: Edsall will coach Terps at No. 1 Ohio State Updated: Oct-08-15 8:34 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland says Randy Edsall will coach the Terrapins at top-ranked Ohio State amid reports that he will be fired.
- With Cruz sidelined, Dwayne Harris emerging as No.3 receiver Updated: Oct-08-15 8:03 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have found a receiver to play the slot with Victor Cruz out indefinitely with a calf injury.
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain Updated: Oct-08-15 7:43 pm
LONDON - From sure bet to suspended, Michel Platini's career in soccer politics could be over.
- Avila says Tigers will have 'highly competitive' payroll Updated: Oct-08-15 7:34 pm
DETROIT - Al Avila is eager to get started with his first offseason as Detroit's general manager, and he says the Tigers will have plenty of money to spend.
- UofL foundation hires firm to review escort allegations Updated: Oct-08-15 7:30 pm
An independent Louisville affiliate has hired a law firm to review an escort's allegations that former men's basketball staffer Andre McGee hired dancers to strip and have sex with recruits and players.
- Kershaw, Dodgers facing different Mets in playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 7:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw isn't sure what to expect from the new-look Mets, whose dramatic transformation in the second half of the season led to an NL East title.
- Suzuki's deal includes $2 million Marlins option for 2017 Updated: Oct-08-15 7:23 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki's new contract with the Miami Marlins includes a $2 million club option for 2017 with a $500,000 buyout, raising the guarantee to $2.5 million.
- Bucs, Dolphins, Jags already falling short of expectations Updated: Oct-08-15 6:44 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Things were supposed to be different in the Sunshine State this season.
- Kazmir, Cueto acquired at deadline for postseason pushes Updated: Oct-08-15 5:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Astros swung a deal for Scott Kazmir in July with October baseball in mind.
- Earnhardt forced to make hard decisions for JR Motorsports Updated: Oct-08-15 5:45 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Dale Earnhardt Jr. has tried for five years to push Josh Berry's career forward. He got him one Xfinity Series start this year driving for JR Motorsports, and was ecstatic when Berry turned it into a seventh-place finish last month at Richmond.
- Sharks F Torres apologizes for hit that led to suspension Updated: Oct-08-15 4:35 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose Sharks forward Raffi Torres says that "I am disappointed I have put myself in a position to be suspended again."
- Dolphins replace defensive coordinator Coyle with Anarumo Updated: Oct-08-15 4:28 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Kevin Coyle's replacement as the Miami Dolphins' defensive coordinator wasn't ready to explain Thursday how he's going fix what's wrong.
- From RG3 to Roberts, Redskins make performance-based moves Updated: Oct-08-15 4:16 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The most talked-about and obvious move, of course, was the benching of Robert Griffin III in favor of Kirk Cousins as the starting quarterback.
- Wyoming horse racing terminals remain shut down Updated: Oct-08-15 3:54 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Pari-Mutuel Commission declined to lift its suspension of historic horse racing terminals throughout the state despite pleas from industry representatives that the shutdown has put their businesses in financial peril.
- Fan: Super Bowl ticket process violates consumer law Updated: Oct-08-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A New Jersey man asked a federal appeals court Thursday to revive his consumer protection lawsuit that aims to flag the NFL over the number of tickets sold to the public for the 2014 Super Bowl.
- Cleveland Indians may soon have minority investor Updated: Oct-08-15 3:03 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan could soon have a financial partner.
- Daily fantasy football draws attention, ire of NCAA Updated: Oct-08-15 2:04 pm
Watch any of the weekend's college football games and it's hard to go even 30 minutes without seeing a commercial for upstart sites DraftKings and FanDuel.
- Column: Sepp Blatter, hoisted by his own petard at FIFA Updated: Oct-08-15 1:34 pm
PARIS - The delicious irony of it: Sepp Blatter tossed out of football, at least temporarily, by a FIFA policing body that he himself helped create when the world was still his oyster.
- Houston's Mallett looks for turnaround against Colts Updated: Oct-08-15 10:40 am
HOUSTON - Ryan Mallett has had a tough time since taking over as starting quarterback for the Houston Texans.
- Blue Jays' last postseason appearance was in a different era Updated: Oct-08-15 4:00 am
It may not have been obvious at the time, but when Joe Carter's home run sailed over the wall to win the 1993 World Series for Toronto, a distinct era in baseball history came to an end.
- Daniel Sedin has goal, 2 assists as Canucks beat Flames 5-1 Updated: Oct-08-15 2:40 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Playing an unfamiliar position, Brandon Sutter complemented Vancouver Canucks linemates Henrik and Daniel Sedin nicely in the season opener.
- Lions sign Fluellen, put Walker on IR Updated: Oct-07-15 10:23 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have signed defensive tackle Andre Fluellen and put defensive tackle Tyrunn Walker on injured reserve.
- DraftKings open to regulation as it works to regain trust Updated: Oct-07-15 8:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - As daily fantasy sports operators FanDuel and DraftKings hustle to prove they can be trusted by thousands of users each week, cheating allegations have served as a backdrop for lingering questions about an industry that has been unregulated.
- Kicker Connor Barth excited to rejoin Buccaneers Updated: Oct-07-15 8:27 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Connor Barth didn't wait for a phone call to let the Tampa Bay Buccaneers know he was interested in being the answer to their kicking woes that have contributed to another slow start.
- Blues sign Scott Gomez to 1-year contract Updated: Oct-07-15 8:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues signed forward Scott Gomez to a one-year contract Wednesday.