- Wisconsin Senate partially repeals prevailing wage Updated: Jul-07-15 9:20 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Republican-controlled Wisconsin Senate on Tuesday began debate of the $73 billion state budget by voting to repeal a prevailing wage law for local government projects, a move Democrats called an affront to the middle class.
- Mets activate Mejia from restricted list Updated: Jul-07-15 8:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Reliever Jenrry Mejia has rejoined the New York Mets after completing an 80-game suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.
- Bulls sign 1st-round pick Portis, add 2 assistants Updated: Jul-07-15 7:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Bulls have signed first-round draft pick Bobby Portis and added Randy Brown and Charlie Henry as assistants to new coach Fred Hoiberg.
- Rangers reach deal with Cuban infielder Andy Ibanez Updated: Jul-07-15 7:02 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers agreed to terms with Cuban infielder Andy Ibanez on an international free-agent contract on Tuesday.
- Utah Jazz sign top draft pick Trey Lyles Updated: Jul-07-15 6:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A person familiar with the negotiations tells The Associated Press the Utah Jazz have signed first-round draft pick Trey Lyles.
- AP Source: Timberwolves give Kevin Garnett 2 more years Updated: Jul-07-15 6:18 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Only two players in NBA history have made it to season No. 21 in their careers. Kevin Garnett is about to become the third.
- Wizards agree to $4M, 1-year deal with SG Alan Anderson Updated: Jul-07-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Free-agent shooting guard Alan Anderson has agreed to a $4 million, one-year contract with the Washington Wizards that should become official later this week.
- PGA Grand Slam to move from Trump Course in Los Angeles Updated: Jul-07-15 5:23 pm
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida - The PGA of America is moving its Grand Slam of Golf from Donald Trump's course in Los Angeles, the first significant fallout for golf from the Republican presidential candidate's comments on Mexican immigrants.
- CONCACAF ends corporate partnership with Traffic Sports USA Updated: Jul-07-15 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - In the latest fallout from the U.S. federal investigation into soccer corruption, the sport's governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean ended its corporate partnership agency relationship with Traffic Sports USA, two months after the company pleaded guilty to a fraud charge.
- Marc Gasol confirms new 5-year contract with Memphis Updated: Jul-07-15 5:10 pm
GIRONA, Spain - NBA center Marc Gasol has confirmed that he will sign a new five-year contract with the Memphis Grizzlies.
- AP source: Warriors trade David Lee to Celts for Wallace Updated: Jul-07-15 4:57 pm
OAKLAND, California - David Lee wanted to help turn around the Golden State Warriors when he came to the struggling franchise as a high-priced free agent in 2010.
- Bruins sign new deals for Hayes, Connolly, DeFazio Updated: Jul-07-15 4:29 pm
BOSTON - Forward Jimmy Hayes' new deal with the Boston Bruins will pay him $2.3 million a year for three years.
- St. Louis Blues sign Tarasenko to 8-year, $60M deal Updated: Jul-07-15 3:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues say they have signed star forward Vladimir Tarasenko to an eight-year, $60 million contract.
- John Deere to sponsor PGA event in Quad Cities through 2023 Updated: Jul-07-15 2:38 pm
SILVIS, Illinois - John Deere will continue to serve as the title sponsor of the PGA Tour event in Illinois through 2023.
- Hurricanes, Boychuk agree on 1-year, 2-way deal Updated: Jul-07-15 2:15 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Carolina Hurricanes and forward Zach Boychuk have agreed on a one-year, two-way contract.
- Coyotes avoid arbitration with Boedker, sign 1-year deal Updated: Jul-07-15 2:09 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have signed left wing Mikkel Boedker to a one-year, $3.75 million deal.
- PawSox owners begin summer state tour to tout stadium plan Updated: Jul-07-15 1:59 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - First came the windup, now comes the pitch.
- NBA fines Mark Cuban for free agency comments Updated: Jul-07-15 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA has fined Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban for commenting about the team's agreements with DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews during the league's free agent moratorium.
- South Alabama considers new football stadium Updated: Jul-07-15 9:21 am
MOBILE, Alabama - The University of South Alabama says it's exploring whether to build a football stadium on its campus in Mobile.
- Rollins rallies Dodgers past his old Phillies team, 10-7 Updated: Jul-07-15 3:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Jimmy Rollins saw a gaping hole in left field and visualized hitting the ball right there. Then he did just that, teeing off on a sinker left up for the go-ahead runs in the seventh inning.
- AP source: Warriors, Barbosa agree to 1-year, $2.5M deal Updated: Jul-07-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - The Golden State Warriors and veteran guard Leandro Barbosa have agreed to a $2.5 million, one-year deal, a person with knowledge of the details said Monday night.
- West, Ginobili team up to help Spurs reload Updated: Jul-07-15 12:18 am
David West desperately wants his first NBA championship. Manu Ginobili couldn't resist going for his fifth.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Mo Williams says he's returning to Cleveland Updated: Jul-06-15 10:37 pm
Mo Williams is heading back to Cleveland to team up with LeBron James again.
- Arizona Coyotes sign 1st-round draft pick Dylan Strome Updated: Jul-06-15 9:17 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes have signed center Dylan Strome, their first-round pick in last month's NHL draft, to a three-year entry-level contract.