- Doan gets franchise points mark, Coyotes beat Flames 4-1 Updated: Feb-13-16 12:58 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Coyotes needed their top players to guide them out of a recent funk, and franchise cornerstone Shane Doan came through with a record-breaking performance.
- Brewers trade OF Khris Davis to Athletics for 2 prospects Updated: Feb-12-16 11:49 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers have traded power-hitting outfielder Khris Davis to the Oakland Athletics for a pair of prospects.
- The Latest: US beats World 157-154 in Rising Stars Challenge Updated: Feb-12-16 11:04 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Carmelo Anthony voted to player union's executive committee Updated: Feb-12-16 8:39 pm
TORONTO - New York Knicks All-Star Carmelo Anthony has been elected to the NBA Players Association's executive committee as a vice president.
- Packers bring back defensive tackle Letroy Guion Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Green Bay Packers have re-signed defensive tackle Letroy Guion, a move that could impact the return of fellow lineman B.J. Raji.
- Closer Aroldis Chapman agrees with Yankees at $11,325,000 Updated: Feb-12-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - Closer Aroldis Chapman and the New York Yankees agreed Friday to a one-year contract worth $11,325,000, avoiding salary arbitration.
- Mets pitcher Jenrry Mejia 1st to draw lifetime drug ban Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia became the first player to receive a lifetime ban under Major League Baseball's drug agreement after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the third time.
- Tommy Hunter agrees to 1-year contract with Indians Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 pm
CLEVELAND - Pitcher Tommy Hunter and the Cleveland Indians have agreed to a one-year contract.
- Contracts of Coples and McCain terminated by Miami Dolphins Updated: Feb-12-16 6:24 pm
DAVIE, Florida - The contracts of defensive end Quinton Coples and cornerback Brice McCain have been terminated by the Miami Dolphins, saving the team about $10 million in salary cap space.
- Orioles hire former Mets exec McIlvaine to front office post Updated: Feb-12-16 6:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have hired Joe McIlvaine as senior adviser of player personnel.
- Broncos basking in glory of first title since '99 Updated: Feb-12-16 4:04 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - While general manager John Elway maps out plans to keep his team intact, the Denver Broncos are enjoying the spoils of their Super Bowl victory.
- Over and out: Some MLB teams open with little playoff shot Updated: Feb-12-16 3:57 pm
Spring training is a time for optimism, when players bask under the warm sun of Florida and Arizona while fans dream about their team reaching the bright lights of October.
- Steelers sign long snapper Greg Warren to a 1-year deal Updated: Feb-12-16 2:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - Greg Warren is sticking with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- UNM basketball coach's son, player harassed, threatened Updated: Feb-12-16 2:19 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - University of New Mexico basketball coach Craig Neal says his son, who also plays as a point guard on his father's team, has been harassed and threatened online.
- FIFA ethics committee bans Jerome Valcke for 12 years Updated: Feb-12-16 2:00 pm
GENEVA - Jerome Valcke, Sepp Blatter's long-time right-hand man, was banned from all soccer-related activity for 12 years Friday for misconduct during his term as FIFA secretary general.
- Jaguars sign cornerback Johnson to free-agent contract Updated: Feb-12-16 1:53 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed first-year cornerback Josh Johnson to a free-agent contract, making him part of the team's 90-man offseason roster.
- Running back Matt Forte done in Chicago after 8 seasons Updated: Feb-12-16 1:38 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Matt Forte won't be returning to the Chicago Bears for a ninth season.
- Tea party favorite bets Cruz, Trump coattails can beat Burr Updated: Feb-12-16 12:55 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Two years after his loss to a Republican favored by party leaders in Washington, Greg Brannon is betting the popularity of outsiders like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump can sweep him to a U.S. Senate primary upset win.
- Eric O'Flaherty agrees to minor league contract with Pirates Updated: Feb-12-16 12:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - Left-hander Eric O'Flaherty has agreed to a minor league contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates and will report to major league spring training.
- Football used in 1958 title game auctioned for $62,140 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:07 pm
BALTIMORE - The football that Johnny Unitas threw to Raymond Berry for a touchdown in the historic 1958 NFL Championship game has been sold for $62,140 at an auction.
- Tennis corruption probe to take at least 1 year Updated: Feb-12-16 11:20 am
LONDON - The independent investigation into allegations of match-fixing and corruption in tennis will take at least a year, the sport's four governing bodies said Friday.
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator Updated: Feb-12-16 12:38 am
BERKELEY, California - Jake Spavital has been hired by California as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach a month after he left Texas A&M by mutual agreement.
- Eaves gets hat trick as Stars beat Blackhawks 4-2 Updated: Feb-12-16 12:11 am
- Iginla scores twice, Avalanche beat Senators 4-3 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:56 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - The Colorado Avalanche solidified their standing on the playoff bubble. The Ottawa Senators fell even further behind in a crowded pack.
- Moustakas, Royals agree to $14.3 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-11-16 10:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals and third baseman Mike Moustakas agreed Thursday to a $14.3 million, two-year contract that not only avoids arbitration this year but also buys out his final year.