- Child vaccination exemption bill moves to Gov. Malloy Updated: Jun-02-15 10:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut parents and guardians who want to exempt their children from immunizations for religious reasons will have to take an extra step, under a bill that's moving to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- Governor signs bill ending Vermont vaccine exemption Updated: May-28-15 3:50 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin has signed into law a hotly debated bill that ends the state's philosophical exemption for families who don't want to have their children fully vaccinated.
- Ohio bill requires students be immunized against meningitis Updated: May-27-15 12:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio students would need to be immunized against meningitis under a measure that cleared a legislative committee.
- Mexico officials: Bacterial infections sickened children Updated: May-22-15 7:01 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican health authorities say bacterial infections, and not contaminated vaccines, were responsible for the deaths of two infants and the sickening of 31 other babies earlier this month in the southern state of Chiapas.
- Panel backs bill aimed at boosting Maine vaccination rates Updated: May-22-15 3:01 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative committee endorsed a bill Friday that seeks to bolster vaccination rates among schoolchildren but lawmakers balked at an effort to prohibit parents from using the philosophical exemption to send their unvaccinated kids to school.
- Senate approves requiring vaccinations for day care workers Updated: May-22-15 2:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Day care workers would have to be vaccinated, under a bill moving through the California Legislature.
- Police: Stray bullets fired into bedroom of 5-year-old girl Updated: May-22-15 7:23 am
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - Authorities say officers responding to a call of shots fired found that bullets ripped through the bedroom of a 5-year-old girl in Brockton.
- Vermont House votes to end philosophical vaccine exemption Updated: May-12-15 7:32 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Reversing an action it took three years ago, the Vermont House voted Tuesday to go along with the Senate's long-standing wish to end the philosophical exemption that allowed some parents not to get their kids fully vaccinated.
- Boise State asks judge to reject student's vaccine lawsuit Updated: May-11-15 2:16 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A Boise State University student is suing school officials in federal court because he contends they discriminated against him by refusing to give him a meningitis vaccine designed for younger adults.
- 2 babies die, 29 sickened from bad vaccines in south Mexico Updated: May-10-15 10:37 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's public health system has suspended infant vaccines and mounted an investigation after two babies died and 29 were sickened in an impoverished community in southern Mexico.
- Packed house expected for Vermont hearing on vaccines Updated: May-10-15 8:14 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The email blasts are going out, and carpools and even some bus trips are being scheduled for a Vermont Statehouse public hearing on whether lawmakers should eliminate the philosophical exemption for parents who don't want to have their kids vaccinated.
- Health officials want UO moms to remind kids to get vaccine Updated: May-10-15 7:20 am
EUGENE, Oregon - It's Mother's Day, and health officials are using the occasion to remind parents of University of Oregon students to make sure their kids get vaccinated against meningococcal disease.
- Momentum grows in Vermont for vaccine change Updated: May-08-15 4:53 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The chairman of the Health Care Committee in the Vermont House says a majority of the panel supports eliminating the philosophical exemption for parents who don't want to have their children vaccinated.
- Health Commissioner: Shumlin now 'neutral' on vaccines' Updated: May-07-15 2:53 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Health Commissioner Dr. Harry Chen is speaking out strongly in favor of eliminating the philosophical exemption that some parents use to avoid getting their kids fully vaccinated.
- Study: Vaccination against measles may have other benefits Updated: May-07-15 2:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - A new study suggests the measles shot comes with a bonus: By preventing that disease, the vaccine may also help your body fight off other illnesses for years.
- Pinal County honored for boosting immunization rates Updated: May-07-15 6:14 am
FLORENCE, Arizona - Pinal County health officials are being recognized for their immunization efforts.
- Legislature hits home stretch with many issues unresolved Updated: May-04-15 10:38 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont lawmakers head into what are expected to be the final two weeks of their 2015 session with debates still unresolved on taxes, water quality, education, vaccines and other issues.