- Ex-deputy treasurer due in court after Pakistan extradition Updated: Aug-28-15 1:57 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A former Ohio deputy treasurer is scheduled for a court hearing after authorities said he was extradited from Pakistan to serve 15 years in prison for his role as lead conspirator in a kickback scheme at the state treasurer's office.
- Judge throws out Leoz request to halt extradition to US Updated: Aug-27-15 1:00 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - A judge in Paraguay has thrown out a request that proceedings for extradition to the United States be dropped against Nicolas Leoz, the former head of the South American football confederation.
- US blocks Nicaragua bid to extradite FIFA case suspect Updated: Aug-27-15 11:51 am
BERN, Switzerland - The United States has blocked Nicaragua's attempt to extradite FIFA bribery case suspect Julio Rocha to his home country.
- Finns say Russian after detained upon US request Updated: Aug-27-15 5:49 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Finnish officials say a Russian citizen has been detained in Finland on an international arrest warrant issued by the United States.
- Suspect in Uzbek imam shooting extradited to Sweden Updated: Aug-26-15 9:10 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - An Uzbek man has been extradited to Sweden to face accusations that he tried to kill an imam who fled Uzbekistan after criticizing that country's government, a prosecutor said Wednesday.
- Ex CONMEBOL head asks end of US extradition request Updated: Aug-24-15 5:31 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - A lawyer for the former president of South America's soccer confederation is requesting a Paraguayan judge to throw out a request by U.S. prosecutors to extradite him to the United States where he has been charged in a corruption scandal.
- Judge orders murder suspect extradited from South Dakota Updated: Aug-21-15 10:23 am
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - A South Dakota judge has ordered a suspect in a North Carolina homicide be returned to that state to face prosecution.
- Judge to rule later on extradition for Salvadoran ex-colonel Updated: Aug-19-15 5:46 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - A defense attorney questioned Spain's basis for charging a former Salvadoran colonel with the slayings of several priests during El Salvador's civil war, drawing a skeptical response Wednesday from the judge overseeing his extradition hearing.
- Kentucky man waives extradition in deaths of 6 in Tennessee Updated: Aug-19-15 2:53 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A Kentucky truck driver has waived extradition to Tennessee, where he faces six counts of vehicular homicide following a crash this summer near Chattanooga.
- Man accused in 1999 LI slaying extradited from Trinidad Updated: Aug-14-15 7:28 pm
NEW YORK - Police on Long Island have arrested a man they say fatally shot someone more than 16 years ago.
- Prosecutor seeks extradition of more FIFA defendants Updated: Aug-14-15 12:48 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. prosecutor says his office is in extradition negotiations with lawyers of defendants in the FIFA (FEE'-fuh) bribery soccer probe.
- Sweden drops some sex cases against Assange Updated: Aug-13-15 4:07 pm
HELSINKI - Swedish prosecutors on Thursday dropped cases of lesser sexual misconduct against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange but said they still want to question him on accusations of rape made after his visit to Stockholm five years ago.
- UK court rejects bid to extradite Rwandan spy chief Updated: Aug-10-15 1:37 pm
LONDON - A British court on Monday rejected a bid to extradite Rwanda's intelligence chief to Spain to stand trial for war crimes.
- Inmate extradited from Tennessee briefly escapes in Liberty Updated: Aug-04-15 6:47 am
LIBERTY, South Carolina - Officials say a prisoner who had been extradited from Tennessee briefly escaped after a plane landed at the Pickens County Airport in Liberty.
- Judge nixes extradition in case of painting looted by Nazis Updated: Aug-03-15 9:00 pm
NEW YORK - Poland lacks probable cause to extradite a Russian art dealer living in New York on criminal charges accusing him of knowing that an 18th-century painting taken from a Polish museum by the Nazis during World War II was stolen property when he inherited it from his father, a judge ruled Monday.
- Q&A on possible extradition for dentist who killed lion Updated: Aug-01-15 5:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Zimbabwe has called for an American dentist who killed a lion that was lured out of a national park and caused international outrage to be extradited and face as-yet filed charges. But it isn't clear whether Walter James Palmer, a 55-year-old from Minnesota, can be extradited or, if so, can fight having to go back to the African nation. Palmer has said he relied on his guides to ensure the hunt was legal.
- Mexico issues warrant for extradition of escaped 'El Chapo' Updated: Jul-30-15 5:58 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge in Mexico issued a provisional warrant to detain escaped drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman based on an extradition request from the United States.