- Man accused of abducting teen to be extradited to New Mexico Updated: Jul-28-15 4:55 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Rio Rancho man accused of abducting a 16-year-old girl and taking her to Indiana will be extradited back to New Mexico.
- FIFA, Blatter get back to World Cup business at Putin home Updated: Jul-25-15 5:16 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA and Sepp Blatter put their corruption crisis aside and got back to World Cup business at the 2018 tournament qualifying draw hosted by Vladimir Putin at a Russian state residence on Saturday.
- Guatemala extradites alleged drug trafficker to US Updated: Jul-24-15 3:46 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - An alleged member of the Zetas drug organization in Guatemala has been extradited to the United States.
- Texas man extradited to New York to face sex abuse charges Updated: Jul-24-15 3:07 am
BEEKMAN, New York - A 26-year-old Texas man has been extradited to upstate New York to face charges for alleged sexual actions committed against a young girl a decade ago.
- US seeks extradition of Paraguayan soccer official Updated: Jul-23-15 11:12 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - U.S. prosecutors in New York have asked Paraguay to extradite Nicolas Leoz, the former president of South America's soccer confederation and one of those charged in a corruption scandal being investigated by the U.S. Justice Department.
- New Mexico police want 1971 fugitive returned from Cuba Updated: Jul-23-15 9:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The New Mexico State Police chief said Thursday he would personally pay for a return ticket for a fugitive living in Cuba who is wanted in the killing of a state police officer and who fled during a plane hijacking.
- Man accused of killing girlfriend in 2008 extradited to Utah Updated: Jul-22-15 5:05 am
OGDEN, Utah - A man accused of killing his girlfriend and leaving her to be found covered in snow in a Huntsville cemetery in 2008 has returned to Utah after almost six years of hiding in Mexico.
- Man convicted in 1997 Nevada killing extradited to Arizona Updated: Jul-17-15 7:17 pm
PHOENIX - A 44-year-old man convicted in Nevada in the 1997 killing of a woman has been extradited to Arizona, where he faces murder and kidnapping charges in the death of another woman.
- Mexico official: 7 people arrested in jailbreak of drug lord Updated: Jul-17-15 5:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - A Mexican federal official said Friday that seven people who were being questioned in the jailbreak of drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman have been formally arrested and taken to a prison to await charges.
- US gov't asked Mexico to extradite drug lord before escape Updated: Jul-17-15 3:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Just weeks before Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman sneaked out of a maximum security prison in Mexico, the U.S. government had requested formally that the drug kingpin be sent to the United States to stand trial on a variety of drug trafficking and conspiracy charges, the Justice Department said on Friday.
- US seeks extradition of British man charged with hacking Updated: Jul-16-15 6:55 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A British man accused of hacking into U.S. government computer networks and stealing sensitive and confidential information was arrested in England, and U.S. prosecutors said they will attempt to have him transferred to New Jersey.
- Documents: US agents knew of 'El Chapo' escape plots in 2014 Updated: Jul-13-15 10:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The weekend disappearance of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman from a maximum security prison should have come as little surprise to Mexican authorities: The Drug Enforcement Administration had alerted them 16 months ago about several plans to escape.
- Dismay in US over Guzman's escape from Mexican prison Updated: Jul-12-15 11:05 pm
CHICAGO - Reactions in the United States to the escape from Mexican prison of a reputed drug lord ranged from disbelief to outrage, with some observers saying it dramatically illustrated the need for captured cartel kingpins to be promptly extradited to the U.S.
- Judge: Croatian woman can be extradited on war crime charges Updated: Jul-10-15 3:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Croatian woman can be extradited to Bosnia to face war crimes charges after living for years in Kentucky, a federal judge has ruled.
- Islamic militant leader extradited to Uganda from Tanzania Updated: Jul-10-15 3:09 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - A most-wanted Ugandan Islamic militant leader who is accused of committing atrocities in Uganda and Congo was extradited back home from Tanzania on Friday, according to the head of Interpol in Uganda.
- Trinidad extradition hearing for Warner in FIFA case put off Updated: Jul-09-15 6:22 pm
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner won more time Thursday in his fight to avoid being extradited from Trinidad and Tobago to the United States to face corruption charges.
- Canada lawyer wants Chinese man's extradition case postponed Updated: Jul-08-15 4:02 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Canadian lawyer for a Chinese businessman who is facing extradition to the United States for allegedly stealing American military secrets wants his client's case postponed indefinitely.
- Australia extradites suspected Serb war criminal to Croatia Updated: Jul-08-15 10:34 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - A former Serb paramilitary commander during the 1990s Balkan wars was extradited Wednesday from Australia to Croatia to face war crimes charges, authorities said.
- Ex-Bosnian guard extradited to face war-crimes charges Updated: Jul-07-15 5:10 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Bosnian prison camp guard living in the U.S. has been extradited to his native country to face war-crimes charges, including that he beat civilian detainees with a baton and a rifle and forced some detainees to crawl on the ground naked and eat grass where others had urinated.
- Spain to ask Venezuela to extradite wanted ETA member Updated: Jul-03-15 9:43 am
MADRID - The Spanish government says it will ask Venezuela to extradite a convicted member of the armed Basque group ETA.
- Cancer specialist Arthur Porter dies in Panama Updated: Jul-01-15 9:43 pm
TORONTO - Arthur Porter, a cancer specialist who was facing fraud charges related to a $1.3 billion hospital project in Montreal, died Wednesday in Panama after a lengthy battle with lung cancer, his biographer said. He was 59.
- Ex-Colombian paramilitary leader sentenced on drug charges Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A former Colombian paramilitary leader convicted of federal cocaine trafficking charges will serve nearly seven more years in a U.S. prison before he is returned to his country.