- Italian prosecutor: convicted US diplomat held in Portugal Updated: Oct-08-15 11:13 am
MILAN - A former CIA operative convicted of the kidnapping of an Egyptian cleric as part of the extraordinary renditions program has been detained in Portugal and is awaiting a decision on whether she will be turned over to Italy to serve her six-year sentence, a top Italian prosecutor said Thursday.
- Mexico extraditions part of new working relationship with US Updated: Oct-02-15 9:05 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico has extradited 13 people to the United States, including two top drug traffickers, because of a new streamlined process between the two countries - and not because of the recent escape of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, officials said.
- Mexico extradites top capos, others from max security jail Updated: Sep-30-15 8:20 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico extradited 13 people to the United States on Wednesday, including two top drug lords and several suspects in two high-profile 2011 crimes involving Americans - an attack on immigration agents in San Luis Potosi and the killing of consulate workers in Ciudad Juarez.
- Mexican singer to be sent to South Carolina for assault case Updated: Sep-30-15 6:43 pm
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Regional Mexican music singer and television star Larry Hernandez will be extradited to South Carolina where he has been accused of kidnapping and assault during a business dispute, a judge ruled Wednesday.
- Missouri man to be extradited to Florida on murder charge Updated: Sep-30-15 6:27 pm
HILLSBORO, Missouri - One of two Missouri men accused of killing a Florida doctor who was married to his childhood friend must go to that state to face prosecution, a judge ordered Wednesday.
- Swiss agree to extradite Costa Rican to US in FIFA case Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 am
BERN, Switzerland - Switzerland's justice ministry on Tuesday granted an American request to extradite former Costa Rican soccer federation president Eduardo Li in the FIFA bribery case.
- US extradites Briton to Germany in emissions trading case Updated: Sep-29-15 8:53 am
BERLIN - U.S. authorities have extradited a British man wanted in Germany in connection with a probe into organized tax fraud to the tune of 136 million euros ($152 million).
- Man refuses extradition in Mississippi sexual assault Updated: Sep-29-15 5:47 am
OCEAN SPRING, Mississippi - Mississippi officials say a suspect in a sexual assault case is refusing to waive extradition in Florida.
- 'Modern-day pirate' Kim Dotcom's words now used against him Updated: Sep-26-15 2:19 pm
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - Prosecutors say Kim Dotcom and his colleagues sometimes reveled in their role as "modern-day pirates," discussed how to thwart the justice system, and joked that a judge would one day realize how "evil" they were.
- Trinidad delays extradition hearing on Jack Warner FIFA case Updated: Sep-25-15 3:56 pm
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Authorities in Trinidad postponed a hearing on Friday to determine whether the U.S. will have to restart extradition proceedings against former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner in an international soccer corruption case.
- Woman accused of murder-for-hire extradited to Puerto Rico Updated: Sep-24-15 5:18 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A Puerto Rican woman accused of hiring a hit man to kill her wealthy Canadian husband was extradited to the U.S. territory Thursday after a lengthy international manhunt.
- US man accused of killing S. Korean extradited for new trial Updated: Sep-23-15 6:48 am
SEOUL, South Korea - An American charged with murder in the stabbing of a Seoul university student in 1997, who officials say had fled to the U.S., was extradited to South Korea on Wednesday to face a new trial in a case that has generated widespread interest and a local movie.
- Albania extradites alleged Islamic State recruiter to Italy Updated: Sep-23-15 6:08 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian authorities say they have extradited to Italy an Albanian accused of recruiting for the Islamic State group in Syria.
- Czech court allows extradition of 3 terror suspects to US Updated: Sep-22-15 9:59 am
PRAGUE - A Prague court has ruled a Lebanese national and two Ivory Coast citizens can be extradited to the United States to face terror charges.
- W.Va. murder suspect won't fight extradition from Mass. Updated: Sep-15-15 3:50 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia man arrested in Massachusetts will return to face first-degree murder charges.
- Man charged in 2006 Delaware slaying extradited from Mexico Updated: Sep-11-15 4:31 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a man wanted in the 2006 beating death of a man at a Wilmington carnival has been extradited from Mexico.
- Vermont couple won't fight extradition in abduction case Updated: Sep-10-15 6:29 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A Vermont couple charged with abducting the woman's granddaughter and taking her to New York last week says they won't fight extradition.