- Panama initiates process to seek extradition of ex-president Updated: May-26-16 8:51 pm
PANAMA CITY - Panama's top court has initiated a process to seek the extradition of former President Ricardo Martinelli from the United States on charges related to illegal wiretaps against dozens of opponents while in office.
- Lawyer for Egyptian hijacker says client "tortured" in past Updated: May-26-16 9:10 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - An Egyptian man who admitted hijacking an EgyptAir passenger jet and diverting it to Cyprus in March had been tortured by Egyptian authorities in the past, his lawyer said at an extradition hearing Thursday.
- Dutch court allows extremist suspect to be sent to France Updated: May-26-16 8:29 am
AMSTERDAM - A Dutch court on Thursday approved the transfer to France of a 32-year-old Frenchman suspected of crimes including "involvement in a terrorist organization" and illegal weapon possession.
- Lawyer for Mexico drug lord demands payment from US networks Updated: May-25-16 5:03 pm
MEXICO CITY - A lawyer for Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman said Wednesday that he will sue television networks if they air a new series on the imprisoned Mexican drug lord's life without paying him.
- New Mexico man accused of killing uncle awaits extradition Updated: May-24-16 6:54 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A New Mexico man accused of fatally shooting his uncle has surrendered to Texas authorities and awaits extradition.
- NC man fights extradition on SC armed robbery killing charge Updated: May-22-16 12:26 pm
LORIS, South Carolina - A North Carolina man is fighting extradition to face charges in South Carolina related to a deadly store robbery.
- Fugitive accused of cyber fraud extradited from France Updated: May-20-16 6:52 pm
ATLANTA - Prosecutors say a computer hacker accused of committing cyber fraud has been extradited from France.
- Argentine court OKs sending drug suspect to US; can appeal Updated: May-20-16 11:41 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine judge has approved the extradition of a suspected Colombian drug boss to face cocaine trafficking charges in the U.S. District Court of southern Florida.
- Swiss send last of FIFA suspects to US in bribery case Updated: May-18-16 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - The longtime former head of the Nicaraguan soccer federation who most recently was employed by FIFA pleaded not guilty to racketeering charges Wednesday after he became the last of seven men extradited after their arrests in Zurich last year.
- The Latest: FIFA suspect extradited to US pleads not guilty Updated: May-18-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on former FIFA staffer Julio Rocha, who was extradited to the United States to face racketeering charges in a sprawling bribery case (all times local):
- Chile to request US extradite 3 in killing of UN diplomat Updated: May-17-16 5:26 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Chilean Supreme Court said Tuesday that it will ask the United States to extradite three former secret police agents accused of the 1976 kidnapping, torture and murder of a U.N. official in Chile.
- 2 Mexican men extradited to US in death of federal agent Updated: May-16-16 7:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Two Mexican men have been extradited to the United States to face charges in the 2011 shooting death of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agent.
- South Carolina man charged in Asheville man's death Updated: May-14-16 10:30 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A South Carolina man faces extradition to North Carolina after his arrest in the death of an Asheville man.
- India seeks tycoon's extradition, says UK nixes deportation Updated: May-11-16 6:28 am
NEW DELHI - India will ask Britain to extradite business tycoon Vijay Mallya to face charges of money laundering and bank demands that he pay back more than a billion dollars in loans extended to his now-defunct airline, the finance minister said Wednesday.
- Syrian national extradited, charged with hacking for Assad Updated: May-10-16 6:17 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A Syrian national extradited to the U.S. made an initial court appearance Tuesday on charges he helped hack and extort American targets perceived to be enemies of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
- Kenya: Wife accused of helping anthrax plot appears in court Updated: May-10-16 12:18 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - The wife accused of assisting her medic husband to plot a biological attack in Kenya and assisting in recruiting for the Islamic State group has been extradited from Uganda and appeared in a Nairobi court Tuesday.
- Actor optimistic about possible extradition of 'El Chapo' Updated: May-10-16 12:01 am
MEXICO CITY - For the actor holding the rights to make a movie about Mexican drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the latest step toward his eventual extradition to the U.S. is a welcome turn.
- Slovenia courts to rule on terror suspect wanted by Italy Updated: May-09-16 6:59 am
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia - Slovenian courts are expected to rule in the coming days whether to extradite a Slovenian citizen wanted in Italy for allegedly being part of an international terrorist organization.
- Man accused of shooting pastor arrives in north Idaho jail Updated: May-07-16 3:36 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A man accused of seriously wounding a northern Idaho church pastor has arrived at the Kootenai County Jail after being extradited from Washington, D.C.
- Top Paraguay court rejects Leoz petition to stop extradition Updated: May-03-16 4:51 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Paraguay's top court has rejected a petition by Nicolas Leoz, the former head of the South American football confederation, to halt his extradition to the United States.
- Texas man in Iowa to face lottery jackpot fraud charges Updated: Apr-28-16 5:24 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Texas man accused of helping a lottery computer manager in Iowa collect jackpots from rigged lottery games gave up a yearlong extradition fight on Thursday and traveled to Iowa to face charges.