- Ex-Colombian paramilitary leader sentenced on drug charges Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A former Colombian paramilitary leader convicted of federal cocaine trafficking charges will serve nearly seven more years in a U.S. prison before he is returned to his country.
- Switzerland to send former Srebrenica commander to Bosnia Updated: Jun-25-15 3:11 pm
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Swiss authorities approved on Thursday the extradition of the wartime Bosnian commander of Srebrenica to his home country rather than to Serbia, on whose war crimes warrant he was arrested two weeks ago.
- Rwandan general refuses extradition to Spain from UK Updated: Jun-25-15 1:58 pm
LONDON - A Rwandan military general who heads the country's intelligence service refused to be extradited to Spain at a hearing Thursday in a London court, setting the stage for a prolonged legal fight.
- Ethiopia working to extradite 80 suspected human smugglers Updated: Jun-25-15 8:13 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The Ethiopian government says it is working with the International Criminal Police Organization, or Interpol, to repatriate 80 suspected human smugglers as the country struggles to stem the wave of migrants leaving the country.
- Man suspected in $55M cyberattacks pleads not guilty in US Updated: Jun-24-15 3:46 pm
NEW YORK - A Turkish man accused of masterminding a series of cyberattacks that resulted in a loss of more than $55 million to the global financial system was extradited to the United States and pleaded not guilty Wednesday in a New York courtroom.
- Unpaid millions could delay extradition of Jamaica fraudster Updated: Jun-21-15 4:04 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - U.S. officials may have to wait a little longer for the extradition of a Jamaican financier convicted of running a Ponzi scheme that bilked $220 million from investors across central Florida and the Caribbean.
- Ex-Chicago hospital owner pleads not guilty in fraud case Updated: Jun-19-15 3:48 pm
CHICAGO - A former owner of a now-shuttered Chicago hospital accused of scheming to keep the government from reclaiming millions of dollars in ill-gotten gains appeared in a federal courtroom in Chicago on Friday after fighting extradition from Canada for years.
- Spain judge asks Venezuela for extradition of wanted Basque Updated: Jun-18-15 12:21 pm
MADRID - A Spanish judge has asked Venezuela for the extradition of a convicted member of the armed Basque group ETA.
- France: Top suspect in 1982 attack on Paris arrested Updated: Jun-17-15 3:55 pm
PARIS - A man considered the "supervisor" of an attack nearly 33 years ago on a deli in the heart of Paris' Jewish quarter has been arrested in Jordan, the Paris prosecutor's office announced on Wednesday.
- Defiant Warner to challenge extradition from Trinidad to US Updated: Jun-12-15 12:18 pm
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - A defiant Jack Warner is predicting a lengthy legal battle to extradite him from Trinidad and Tobago to the U.S. to charges in the FIFA corruption case.
- Argentines wanted in FIFA case ask to remain free Updated: Jun-11-15 2:58 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina -
- Argentine willing to be extradited to US in FIFA case Updated: Jun-10-15 4:48 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - An Argentine businessman who was indicted by U.S. authorities in the FIFA corruption case says he is willing to be extradited to the U.S. from Italy, where he is being held.
- New Jersey motel shooting suspect extradited from New York Updated: Jun-06-15 3:51 pm
MORRISTOWN, New Jersey - A man accused of shooting another man in the neck during an alleged drug deal has been returned to New Jersey after he fought efforts to be extradited from New York.
- Man accused of golf-related scam extradited to Washington Updated: Jun-05-15 1:37 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state's insurance commissioner says a Connecticut man accused in a golf-related scam and charged with three felony counts has been extradited to Washington state.
- Woman accused of faking cancer for abortion back in Arizona Updated: Jun-04-15 2:26 pm
PHOENIX - A woman accused of faking cancer in 2010 to get Arizona to pay for her late-term abortion is back in Arizona.
- What next for the 7 men detained in the FIFA raids in Zurich Updated: Jun-03-15 11:55 am
ZURICH - One week after an American investigation of soccer corruption erupted at FIFA, seven men remain detained in Zurich prison cells.