- Texas man in Iowa to face lottery jackpot fraud charges Updated: Apr-28-16 5:24 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Texas man accused of helping a lottery computer manager in Iowa collect jackpots from rigged lottery games gave up a yearlong extradition fight on Thursday and traveled to Iowa to face charges.
- Lawyer: extradition of Ukrainian pilot expected soon Updated: Apr-28-16 11:22 am
MOSCOW - Jailed Ukrainian pilot Nadezhda Savchenko has been given forms to complete for extradition from Russia, one of her lawyers said Thursday.
- Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam extradited, charged in France Updated: Apr-27-16 3:28 pm
PARIS - The lone known surviving suspect in the Paris attacks was returned Wednesday to the city where Islamic State extremists unleashed a night of mayhem and charged with a host of terrorism offenses, raising hopes that he may be able to help French investigators trace the pathways of IS fighters thought to be hiding out in Europe.
- Options narrow for ex-CIA agent's fight against extradition Updated: Apr-26-16 12:47 pm
LISBON, Portugal - A former CIA operative has one last chance to avoid being extradited from Portugal to Italy to serve a prison sentence for her part in the U.S. extraordinary renditions program, Portuguese court officials said Tuesday.
- 3-week pause for hijacking suspect's extradition proceedings Updated: Apr-22-16 11:04 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A court in Cyprus has adjourned extradition proceedings for an Egyptian hijacking suspect for three weeks after prosecutors requested more time to examine documents from Egyptian authorities.
- Snowden seeks legal guarantee to receive prize in Norway Updated: Apr-21-16 1:56 pm
STOCKHOLM - A Norwegian law firm says it has filed a lawsuit asking an Oslo court to ensure that Edward Snowden can travel to Norway to receive an award without risk of being extradited to the United States.
- China asks Indonesia to extradite Uighur prisoners Updated: Apr-21-16 4:46 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - China has asked Indonesia to extradite four Uighur men in exchange for returning a graft fugitive recently arrested in Shanghai, the top Indonesian security minister said Thursday.
- US congressman: Ohio fugitive arrested in her native Brazil Updated: Apr-20-16 7:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A U.S. congressman says a woman suspected of killing her husband in Ohio and fleeing to Brazil has been arrested by authorities there.
- Stepfather accused of toddler's murder waives extradition Updated: Apr-19-16 4:22 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A man charged with murdering his missing 2-year-old stepson has waived extradition from North Carolina to California.
- Chinese man returned to US to face murder charges Updated: Apr-16-16 12:48 am
LOS ANGELES - A Chinese man charged with killing his two teenage nephews has been returned to Los Angeles after being extradited from Hong Kong.
- Cyprus minister: Egyptian hijacking suspect asks for asylum Updated: Apr-13-16 2:10 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A man who has admitted hijacking a domestic EgyptAir flight and diverting it to Cyprus is requesting political asylum on the island, claiming he is afraid of how he could be treated by Egyptian authorities because of his political beliefs, officials said Wednesday.
- Lawyer: Kenya illegally deported Taiwanese to China Updated: Apr-13-16 1:55 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A lawyer representing some of the Taiwanese nationals extradited from Kenya to China said Wednesday the Kenyan government acted illegally and he will be suing the state over the violations.
- Embattled Brazilian football boss Del Nero takes job back Updated: Apr-12-16 4:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The head of Brazil's football confederation has returned to his job after a three-month leave, despite facing charges in the wide-ranging FIFA scandal.
- US requests extradition of Mexican suspect in Texas slaying Updated: Apr-11-16 8:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - A Mexican official says the United States has formally requested the extradition of a Mexican citizen who is accused of arranging the killing of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend in Texas.
- Mexico to consider extradition of suspect in Texas slaying Updated: Apr-09-16 4:47 pm
MEXICO CITY - A ruling on extraditing a woman who is on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted fugitives list for the killing of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend in Texas could come anywhere from two to 12 months from now, a Mexican official said Saturday.
- Woman held without bond after extradition from New Mexico Updated: Apr-08-16 12:19 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona woman who served prison time in the 2009 disappearance of her baby is jailed without bond in Phoenix after being extradited from New Mexico.
- Abdeslam's extradition suspended, not called into question Updated: Apr-08-16 6:33 am
PARIS - The extradition of Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam has been suspended but is not being called into question, France's justice minister said Friday.
- Man wanted in Idaho pastor shooting to be extradited from DC Updated: Apr-06-16 2:28 pm
WASHINGTON - A man wanted by Idaho authorities in an attack that left a church pastor seriously wounded will be extradited from Washington, D.C., where he was arrested after allegedly throwing items over the White House fence.
- Singapore man charged with illegal exports to Iran Updated: Apr-04-16 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A Singapore man accused of helping to export technology to Iran that was later found in unexploded improvised explosive devices has been extradited to the United States to face charges, the Justice Department said Monday.
- Ex-Salvadoran colonel fights extradition in Jesuit killings Updated: Apr-01-16 1:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A former Salvadoran colonel is fighting a decision to extradite him on charges of helping plan the 1989 slayings of six Jesuit priests during El Salvador's civil war.
- Italy approves extradition for Algerian wanted by Belgium Updated: Apr-01-16 11:03 am
MILAN - A court in southern Italy has granted a request to extradite an Algerian man wanted by Belgian authorities for alleged involvement in a network that provided false IDs to suspects in the Paris and Brussels attacks.