- Man killed, house set on fire in western NY; 1 in custody Updated: Dec-01-15 9:25 am
LEROY, New York - Police say a man is in custody after another man was fatally shot and a house was set on fire in a rural western New York town.
- Trial delayed for drunken-driving suspect shot by police Updated: Dec-01-15 8:26 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - The trial has been delayed for a central Pennsylvania man who was allegedly driving drunk when he was shot during a police chase in February.
- Police shooting under investigation in Joplin Updated: Dec-01-15 8:12 am
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin police say an officer has shot and wounded a suspect while investigating a domestic disturbance.
- Latest: Chicago mayor to create police accountability panel Updated: Dec-01-15 8:05 am
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer and an online threat that prompted the University of Chicago to cancel classes for a day (all times local):
- Milford man sentenced for stalking police chief Updated: Dec-01-15 7:34 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Milford man who stalked the city's police chief and deputy police chief over a two-year period has been sentenced to up to 2 ½ years in prison.
- Activists demand video in fatal 2014 Houston police shooting Updated: Dec-01-15 7:31 am
HOUSTON - Activists are demanding the release of video they believe shows the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man by a Houston police officer.
- Police, FBI continue search for cop-killing suspect's rifle Updated: Dec-01-15 7:12 am
NEW FLORENCE, Pennsylvania - Police and FBI experts were continuing to search for a rifle a suspect allegedly used to kill a western Pennsylvania police officer.
- Prosecutor: Abuse victim couldn't identify accused commander Updated: Dec-01-15 3:25 am
CHICAGO - Cook County prosecutors say the alleged victim of an assault by a Chicago police commander failed to identify his alleged assailant in a photo array.
- Man sentenced after admitting to striking deputy's vehicle Updated: Dec-01-15 3:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Charleston man who admitted striking a Kanawha County sheriff's vehicle and another car has been sentenced.
- A guide to Minneapolis police shooting of Jamar Clark Updated: Dec-01-15 2:29 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The fatal shooting of a black man by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted more than two weeks of protests and led to calls for answers as state and federal investigators piece together what happened. Jamar Clark, 24, was shot in the head Nov. 15 during what authorities said was a struggle with two officers. Here's a look at that evening's happenings and the ensuing events:
- U of Chicago threat came amid tension over police shooting Updated: Dec-01-15 2:20 am
CHICAGO - The University of Chicago may have felt it had no choice but to take the extreme step of closing for an entire day after an online threat against whites on campus that authorities say was motived by the police shooting of a black teenager, security experts said.
- Police shooting in downtown Atlanta leaves 1 man dead Updated: Dec-01-15 1:29 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta police are investigating an exchange of gunfire with officers that left one man dead.
- Aurora police kill man who attacked officer, stole cruiser Updated: Nov-30-15 10:58 pm
AURORA, Colorado - Police shot and killed a man they say attacked an officer with a sharp object and led authorities on a chase during an early morning snowstorm in Aurora.
- Vegas police release video of shooting, say man pointed gun Updated: Nov-30-15 9:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Police say video shows 32-year-old Thomas Joseph McEniry pointing a weapon that turned out to be a pellet gun before officers shot and killed him.
- Sheriffs push back against Ducey's border security plan Updated: Nov-30-15 7:37 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey should restore money taken from counties and fix ongoing problems with the state Department of Public Safety before pouring more cash into a new border security strike force, the state sheriffs association said Monday.
- Mohave County sheriff says he won't be running for election Updated: Nov-30-15 6:50 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - Mohave County Sheriff Jim McCabe has announced that he won't seek election for the next term.
- Man shot by police sues, claiming they didn't ID themselves Updated: Nov-30-15 6:41 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man sued Roswell police and said officers shot him without identifying themselves following a bizarre chain of events involving a fight with a relative.
- West Virginia man shot by police officer charged with felony Updated: Nov-30-15 6:25 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A South Charleston man who was shot by police has been arrested on a fleeing charge following his release from a hospital.
- Key moments in case of teen fatally shot by Chicago cop Updated: Nov-30-15 6:05 pm
CHICAGO - A look at key moments in the case of a black teenager who was killed by a white Chicago police officer who shot him 16 times:
- The Latest: Protesters vow to stay outside police station Updated: Nov-30-15 4:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the reaction to the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than two weeks of demonstrations (all times local):
- Feds say U of Chicago threat a response to police shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 4:12 pm
CHICAGO - An online threat against the University of Chicago that led the school to cancel all activities Monday appears to have been motivated by the shooting of a black teenager by a Chicago officer in 2014, federal authorities said.
- The Latest: Feds say threat a response to police shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 4:09 pm
CHICAGO - The latest about an online threat that led the University of Chicago to cancel classes on Monday (all times local):
- Ron Scott, known for fight against police brutality, dies Updated: Nov-30-15 4:08 pm
DETROIT - Detroit civil rights activist Ron Scott, who was known for longtime efforts to deal with police brutality, has died. He was 68.
- Police ID grandmother killed in Providence hit-and-run Updated: Nov-30-15 3:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence police have identified the 74-year-old grandmother who was fatally struck by a motorist in a hit-and-run accident that also injured her granddaughter.
- Los Angeles sheriff's deputies sentenced in jail beating Updated: Nov-30-15 2:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Two Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies convicted in the beating of a handcuffed jail visitor and an attempt to cover it up have been sentenced to prison.