- Witness: Man killed by police told officers 'shoot me' Updated: Jul-01-15 11:48 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Two witnesses said an unarmed Mexican immigrant fatally shot by police in Washington state fought with an officer, threw rocks and told officers to shoot him before they opened fire, documents released Wednesday show.
- Man fatally shot after traffic stop in McMinnville, Ore. Updated: Jul-01-15 9:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities say a man has died in an officer-involved shooting in McMinnville, Oregon.
- Prosecutor offers deal to white Cleveland police supervisors Updated: Jul-01-15 8:29 pm
CLEVELAND - A prosecutor has offered to drop charges against five white police supervisors accused of failing to stop a car chase that ended in a deadly 137-shot barrage of police gunfire and the deaths of two unarmed black people if they're willing to say they endangered the public and meet other conditions, attorneys for two supervisors said Wednesday.
- Flora police officer charged in molestation case Updated: Jul-01-15 6:38 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A police officer from the central Mississippi town of Flora is charged in a child molestation case.
- Police: Motorhome driver killed in crash at NY racetrack Updated: Jul-01-15 10:07 am
NEW LEBANON, New York - State police say the driver of a motorhome has been killed in a crash during an upstate New York racetrack's annual "Eve of Destruction" event.
- Grand jury: No charges for Indianapolis officers in shooting Updated: Jul-01-15 8:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A grand jury has decided not to charge two Indianapolis police officers in the fatal shooting of a 36-year-old man following a traffic stop.
- County denied new hearing over decision in profiling case Updated: Jul-01-15 5:06 am
PHOENIX - A federal appeals court has denied Maricopa County's request for another hearing over its decision to make the county a party in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's racial profiling case.
- Tulsa judge says grand jury can review sheriff's operations Updated: Jun-30-15 7:01 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A grand jury should review operations at an Oklahoma sheriff's office that sent onto the streets a 73-year-old reserve deputy who shot and killed an unarmed and restrained suspect, a judge ruled Tuesday.
- Police: 2 killed in collision in Botetourt County Updated: Jun-30-15 6:50 pm
SALEM, Virginia - Virginia State Police say two Clifton Forge men have died in a two-car collision in Botetourt County.
- Federal report faults police actions during Ferguson unrest Updated: Jun-30-15 6:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Police antagonized crowds who gathered to protest in Ferguson after Michael Brown's death last summer, violated free-speech rights and made it difficult to hold officers accountable, according to a Justice Department draft report that found across-the-board flaws in law enforcement's response.
- Police: Crash kills 2, injures 2 in central New York Updated: Jun-30-15 4:52 pm
GEDDES, New York - Authorities say two people are dead and two others are hospitalized after a single-car crash in central New York.
- Review board recommends firing of Chicago police officer Updated: Jun-30-15 4:51 pm
CHICAGO - For the first time in the nearly eight years since it was formed, the Chicago agency that investigates police misconduct has recommended that an officer be fired.
- Lawton police ID boy killed in dog attack Updated: Jun-30-15 4:41 pm
LAWTON, Oklahoma - Lawton authorities have identified a 3-year-old boy who died after being attacked by a dog over the weekend.
- Smyrna police to begin wearing body cameras Updated: Jun-30-15 4:27 pm
SMYRNA, Georgia - A metro Atlanta police department is outfitting officers with body cameras months after a fatal officer-involved shooting.
- Woman sues, says police forced her to remove scarf Updated: Jun-30-15 3:24 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - A Muslim woman is suing a Michigan police department, saying her rights were violated when she was ordered to remove a headscarf for a mugshot after her arrest.
- Governor: Ex-Des Moines chief to lead Iowa police academy Updated: Jun-30-15 12:16 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad is appointing former Des Moines police chief Judy Bradshaw as the new director of the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
- Mother of boy killed by police hires 3rd set of attorneys Updated: Jun-30-15 11:17 am
CLEVELAND - The mother of a boy who was fatally shot by a Cleveland police officer while holding a pellet gun has hired her third set of lawyers to represent her and her family in a federal lawsuit against the city of Cleveland and two patrolmen.
- Former Woodbury Police chief pleads guilty Updated: Jun-30-15 9:30 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Attorney in Nashville says former Woodbury Police Chief Kevin Mooneyham has pleaded guilty to a federal theft charge.
- New police chief approved in Hattiesburg Updated: Jun-30-15 8:59 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg City Council has approved the mayor's choice for police chief.
- Top Philippine police chief ordered dismissed over contract Updated: Jun-30-15 7:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines' anti-graft prosecutor on Tuesday ordered the national police chief and 10 other officers dismissed from the service for approving a contract to deliver gun licenses with a courier company that had no track record.
- Fatal shooting by police outside Portland supermarket Updated: Jun-29-15 8:14 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say a man in a grocery store parking lot brandished what appeared to be a gun and officers shot him to death. It turned out he had a starter's pistol.
- Man hospitalized after being shot by police at Aurora bar Updated: Jun-29-15 6:09 pm
AURORA, Colorado - A man who was shot by police at a bar in Aurora is hospitalized in serious condition.
- Sheriff's office seeks tips in fatal hit-and-run case Updated: Jun-29-15 5:41 pm
EL DORADO, Arkansas - The Union County Sheriff's Office hopes to find the driver responsible for fatally hitting a pedestrian in 2011 and then leaving the scene.
- 2 former officers plead not guilty in holding-cell beating Updated: Jun-29-15 5:32 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Two former Las Cruces police officers charged with aggravated battery in the beating of a man in a holding cell have pleaded not guilty.
- Police: 1 killed, 1 injured in home invasion Updated: Jun-29-15 4:10 pm
ELKTON, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating a home invasion in western Kentucky in which a 79-year-old Mennonite man was killed and his wife injured.