- Madison synagogue acquires Torah written by woman Updated: Jun-25-15 7:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Jewish synagogue in Madison is acquiring a Torah that has some special significance - it's one of only 12 Torahs worldwide that's written by a woman.
- Testimony ends in fight over control of oldest US synagogue Updated: Jun-12-15 4:41 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two congregations fighting for control over the nation's oldest synagogue and ceremonial bells worth millions say they are confident in their cases as testimony wrapped up this week in the bitter fight.
- Discrimination lawsuit against New York village can proceed Updated: Jun-09-15 7:25 pm
NEW YORK - A rural village and a surrounding town can face a $25 million lawsuit alleging Hasidic Jews were blocked from building housing and opening a bath for ritual immersion and purification, a judge ruled Tuesday.
- Canceled bar mitzvah highlights religious rift in Israel Updated: Jun-08-15 4:22 pm
JERUSALEM - Liberal Jews in Israel are accusing the country's president of discriminating against them by calling off a bar mitzvah ceremony at his residence.
- Liberal Reform Jews win in US election for Zionist congress Updated: Jun-05-15 3:15 pm
NEW YORK - The liberal Reform Jewish movement has emerged as the biggest winner in an election seen as a bellwether of American Zionist sentiment.