- Meet the leading Democrats in Nevada's 3rd House District Updated: May-29-16 1:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Political newcomers are trying to turn a Republican-held southern Nevada swing congressional district back to Democratic hands.
- Man convicted on terrorism charge in synagogue firebombings Updated: May-28-16 2:38 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man convicted of terrorism for vandalizing and firebombing Jewish temples and a rabbi's home is now facing a possible life sentence.
- Under high security, Jewish pilgrims gather on Tun Updated: May-26-16 6:19 pm
DJERBA, Tunisia - Under unprecedented security, the Tunisian island of Djerba hosted an annual Jewish pilgrimage amid raised fears of religious violence after deadly Islamic extremist attacks last year scared away visitors.
- Police: Swastika found on sign outside Pawtucket synagogue Updated: May-23-16 3:14 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Police are investigating after a swastika was spray-painted on a welcome sign posted outside a synagogue in Pawtucket over the weekend.
- 2 drowning victims from NY were businessman and sect leader Updated: May-18-16 6:36 am
KIRYAS JOEL, New York - Two New York men who drowned after getting caught in strong currents off a South Florida beach were members of an ultra-Orthodox Hasidic Jewish sect with an enclave in upstate New York.
- Judge: Congregants can take control of oldest US synagogue Updated: May-16-16 3:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The congregation that worships at the nation's oldest synagogue prevailed Monday in a bitter legal fight that threatened its existence, as a federal judge ruled it may now control its own destiny and decide what to do with a set of ceremonial bells worth millions.
- Florida man pleads not guilty in Jewish Center bomb plot Updated: May-16-16 10:48 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man has pleaded not guilty to a charge that he tried to detonate a bomb at a synagogue and Jewish school during Passover observances.
- FBI agents seize documents in orthodox Jewish community Updated: May-13-16 6:01 am
KIRYAS JOEL, New York - Agents with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have seized documents from a New York Hasidic Jewish village.
- Netanyahu offers history lesson to UN staff over resolution Updated: May-06-16 1:08 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister offered on Friday to personally host a lecture on Jewish history for local U.N. staff following outrage over a resolution adopted by the U.N. cultural agency that put the Western Wall in Jerusalem - Judaism's holiest site - in quotation marks and described other Jewish sites as "so-called."
- Lawsuit accuses Connecticut rabbi of sexual abuse Updated: May-03-16 1:23 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut rabbi is accused of raping and molesting a teenage boy hundreds of times when the boy was a student at a Jewish boarding school in New Haven from 2001 to 2005, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court.
- The Latest: Connecticut rabbi denies sexual abuse claims Updated: May-03-16 12:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on a lawsuit accusing a Connecticut rabbi of sexually abusing a Jewish boarding school student (all times local):
- Jewish leader asks Michelin to taste Israeli cuisine Updated: May-03-16 11:28 am
JERUSALEM - The leader of an umbrella organization representing world Jewry has asked the Michelin travel guide company to evaluate Israeli restaurants with its famous rating system, implying that the decision to omit the country may be political.
- German Jews divided over fears of 1 million Muslim newcomers Updated: May-03-16 7:31 am
BERLIN - When the leader of Germany's Jews spoke out against the flow of Muslim migrants to Europe, a rabbinical student denounced his views as racist - and ignited a debate over whether Jews are right to fear unprecedented levels of immigration from Muslim lands traditionally hostile to Israel.
- The Latest: Suspect in Jewish center bomb plot in court Updated: May-02-16 2:47 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on Jewish Center-Plot (all times local):