- Q&A: A look at violent Jewish attacks on Palestinians Updated: Jul-31-15 2:23 pm
JERUSALEM - The torching of a West Bank home that burned a Palestinian toddler to death marks one of the most serious cases of suspected Jewish violence against Arabs. Though the attacks rarely kill and are smaller in scope than past Palestinian attacks, Jewish extremists have for years been attacking Palestinian property, as well as mosques, churches and even Israeli schools and military bases, often to counter what they perceive to be the Israeli government's soft stance toward Palestinians.
- Israeli government clashes with liberal Jewish streams Updated: Jul-22-15 8:56 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's narrow coalition government, propped up by two ultra-religious parties, is butting heads with liberal streams of Judaism that dominate Jewish life in the United States - widening a rift that risks further alienating American Jews at a time of growing U.S.-Israel estrangement.
- State takes no position on who owns valuable synagogue bells Updated: Jul-13-15 5:16 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin has taken no position on who owns a set of ceremonial bells worth millions of dollars at the nation's oldest synagogue.
- Jewish group honors Christian Poles who rescued Jews in WWII Updated: Jul-12-15 1:25 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Jewish officials honored nearly 50 elderly Christian Poles who saved Jews during World War II, praising them as heroes during an event in Warsaw on Sunday organized as an expression of gratitude.
- Cuomo vetoes bill related to growth of NY Hasidic enclave Updated: Jul-09-15 11:32 am
ALBANY, New York - An insular Hasidic Jewish village in the Hudson Valley tallied a victory this week as Gov. Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that could have derailed a request to annex neighboring land, an effort that has raised tensions between the quickly growing enclave and surrounding suburban communities.
- Ultra-Orthodox Israeli minister slams Reform Judaism members Updated: Jul-07-15 12:02 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's minister for religious affairs criticized Reform Judaism on Tuesday, saying he doesn't consider members of the denomination to be Jews.
- Israeli Cabinet reverses bill easing conversion to Judaism Updated: Jul-05-15 1:07 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's Cabinet has reversed an initiative aimed at easing the conversion process to Judaism in Israel.