- Judge's error could set man free without trial for murder Updated: Feb-09-16 6:23 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia man who was charged with murder in the stabbing death of a 75-year-old woman may walk free, all because of a mistake made by a superior court judge.
- Man pleads guilty to 2015 rape at Las Cruces senior center Updated: Feb-09-16 4:07 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A man has pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman with multiple sclerosis at a senior living center in Las Cruces last year.
- Bond set at $250,000 for man accused in Minot home invasion Updated: Feb-09-16 8:28 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A judge has set bond at $250,000 for a Dunseith man accused of breaking into a Minot home and robbing two elderly women at knifepoint.
- Divers find 2 bodies, wreckage of small plane off California Updated: Feb-08-16 12:18 am
LOS ANGELES - Two bodies and the wreckage of a small plane were found Sunday by divers searching in the water off Southern California for evidence following a midair collision believed to have killed three people, authorities said.
- The Latest: Divers found 2 bodies, wreckage of 1 plane Updated: Feb-08-16 12:13 am
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a midair collision between two small planes (all times local):
- Police think 6 Chicago deaths result of 'targeted incident' Updated: Feb-06-16 7:16 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities on Saturday released the names of six family members found dead this week in their southwest side home - the victims of what Chicago police believe was a "targeted incident."
- Names released of 6 relatives found dead in Chicago home Updated: Feb-06-16 5:18 pm
CHICAGO - Authorities have released the names of six family members found dead Thursday in their home on Chicago's southwest side.
- 3 people dead after Toronto fire in seniors' building Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 pm
TORONTO - Police say three people are dead, and 15 others are hospitalized for various injuries following a fire at a seniors' building in Toronto.
- Answers sought after male bus driver poses as elderly woman Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Some Rhode Island city councilors want to know more about a middle-age male senior center van driver who posed as an elderly woman during a press conference.
- Mobile dentistry targets elderly patients Updated: Feb-03-16 3:50 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Dental professionals are hitting the road in vans as part of an Albuquerque health care program that treats hundreds of elderly in their homes and at assisted living centers.
- Firm finds more seniors burdened by New Orleans rental costs Updated: Feb-02-16 11:08 am
NEW ORLEANS - The number of seniors paying unaffordable rent in New Orleans rose by nearly 10 percent over the last decade - the second-largest spike of any metro area in the United States, according to a national campaign advocating for renters.
- Man denies he is TV host wanted on child sex charges Updated: Jan-27-16 9:00 pm
SAN DIEGO - A former Cub Scout leader who often invited children to his suburban home to swim denied Wednesday that he is the former host of a children's television show who went by the name "Mr. Wonder" and is wanted in Louisiana on charges that he sexually abused children during a camping retreat nearly four decades ago.
- With no budget, Rauner repeats calls for pro-business reform Updated: Jan-27-16 4:30 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner used his State of the State address Wednesday to make another case for changes he says would make Illinois more competitive, even as he acknowledged that huge opposition from Democrats has prompted a record budget stalemate and crippled social services and other programs.
- Attorney general Fox files for re-election; no opponents yet Updated: Jan-26-16 8:19 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana Attorney General Tim Fox has filed for re-election but so far faces no opponents in the primary or general election.
- Dozens of deaths blamed on rare cold snap in Taiwan Updated: Jan-25-16 7:23 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan officials have blamed an unusually cold weather front for the deaths of at least 57 mostly elderly people in the greater Taipei area.
- 1 dead in listeria outbreak linked to packaged lettuce Updated: Jan-22-16 2:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Packaged salads produced at a Dole facility in Ohio are linked to one death in Michigan.
- Hawaii could be 1st to start long-term care elderly benefit Updated: Jan-21-16 7:17 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are introducing a bill that could make the state the first in the nation to offer long-term care benefits to seniors.
- Sanders health plan would be far more generous than Medicare Updated: Jan-21-16 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls his plan for a government-run health care system "Medicare for all." But it's not.
- Dalai Lama at Mayo Clinic for prostate treatment Updated: Jan-20-16 8:14 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - The Dalai Lama is at the Mayo Clinic in the United States for treatment of a prostate condition.
- Lansing plans redevelopment of Michigan School for the Blind Updated: Jan-20-16 7:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - The city of Lansing is planning a $24.4 million redevelopment project to transform the former Michigan School for the Blind campus into housing for families and seniors.
- Authorities say 85-year-old man shot during home invasion Updated: Jan-19-16 3:18 pm
CUSSETA, Alabama - Authorities say an 85-year-old man was fatally shot by men who forced their way into his home in Cusseta.
- Elder abuse proposal receives first hearing in Legislature Updated: Jan-19-16 12:56 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A proposal that includes provisions to make it a crime to emotionally or psychologically abuse an elderly person in South Dakota and largely bar felons from being guardians and conservators had its first legislative hearing Tuesday.
- Box Elder 'jail garden' yields 30,000 pounds of produce Updated: Jan-19-16 6:09 am
BOX ELDER, South Dakota - Officials at the Pennington County Jail say their unique "jail garden" produced nearly 30,000 pounds of fruit and vegetables in 2015.
- Man in custody after 2 Gary-area women found strangled Updated: Jan-18-16 6:48 pm
GARY, Indiana - A former radio talk show host and her adult daughter were found strangled and beaten to death in and near their home, and a man who had worked for the victims was taken into custody in northwestern Ohio, authorities said Monday.
- Penn State seniors put class gift funds toward mental health Updated: Jan-18-16 4:41 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania State University's senior class will donate its class gift funds to an endowment to support campus mental health services.