- Exiled Tibetan gov't warns China not to meddle in tradition Updated: Sep-01-15 8:35 am
DHARMSALA, India - The exiled Tibetan government said it saw no cause for celebrating 50 years since China formed the Tibetan Autonomous Region, insisting that Tuesday instead marked a half-century of occupation and control over the once-independent Himalayan kingdom.
- Museum explores religion through 'Sacred Journeys' Updated: Sep-01-15 5:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Up the stairs and a few steps beyond the mezzanine, visitors at The Children's Museum will find themselves immersed in a sea of color.
- NYC's Rubin Museum is crowdfunding to expand shrine room Updated: Aug-18-15 9:50 am
NEW YORK - The Rubin Museum of Art in New York City is launching a crowdfunding campaign to expand its Tibetan Buddhist shrine room.
- Tickets for Philadelphia Dalia Lama events going on sale Updated: Aug-12-15 7:41 am
PHILADELPHIA - Tickets are going on sale to events scheduled when the Dalai Lama makes a two-day trip to Philadelphia to receive the Liberty Medal in October.
- Sri Lanka's ex-strongman in tough battle for return to power Updated: Aug-08-15 1:44 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Mahinda Rajapaksa, once poised to be Sri Lanka's president for life, is a desperate man these days. At stake is not just his own political future, but that of an entire dynasty and a network of supporters he founded at every level.