- Thai wildlife officials start removing tigers from temple Updated: May-30-16 10:24 am
BANGKOK - Wildlife officials in Thailand on Monday began removing some of the 137 tigers held at a Buddhist temple following accusations that the monks were involved in illegal breeding and trafficking of the animals.
- Man charged with stabbing friend at Buddhist temple in Salem Updated: May-30-16 2:10 am
SALEM, Oregon - Authorities say they have arrested a man suspected of stabbing his friend multiple times inside a Buddhist temple in Salem.
- Lobsang Sangay sworn in as PM of Tibetan government-in-exile Updated: May-27-16 7:01 am
DHARMSALA, India - Lobsang Sangay was sworn in for his second term as prime minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile Friday and said he will make maximum efforts to achieve regional autonomy for Tibet during his five-year term, but will prepare a strategy for the next 50 years if it's unsuccessful.
- Golden urn holding Buddha relics returned to Cambodia shrine Updated: May-20-16 3:44 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Thousands of Cambodians joined a colorful procession on Friday to return what they believe are Buddha's relics to a mountaintop shrine from where they were stolen three years ago.
- Singapore: colonial heritage, cool modern architecture, food Updated: May-11-16 12:01 pm
SINGAPORE - At 51, Singapore is shrugging off all symptoms of a midlife crisis and embracing travelers with more and better things to see, taste and experience than ever before.
- US sticking with calling Myanmar minority 'Rohingya' Updated: May-10-16 8:47 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Myanmar and the United States appeared to agree to disagree Tuesday on what to call the Southeast Asian nation's beleaguered Muslim minority that Washington and most of the world know as Rohingya.
- LA's Getty Center recreates China's Cave Temples of Dunhuang Updated: May-06-16 12:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - For a thousand years China's Cave Temples of Dunhuang were a popular traveler's rest stop, marketplace and religious shrine on the fabled Silk Road. Now they are coming to Los Angeles, both in spirit and reality.
- Myanmar anti-Muslim activist arrested for post about Suu Kyi Updated: May-05-16 8:59 am
YANGON, Myanmar - A prominent anti-Muslim activist has been arrested for posting a provocative statement on Facebook about Myanmar's army commander and the country's de facto leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, the head of a Buddhist nationalist group and a human rights lawyer said Thursday.
- Bangkok temple now a venerated site for Leicester City fans Updated: May-03-16 3:53 am
BANGKOK - Tucked in the Chinatown area of Bangkok is a Buddhist temple that has turned overnight into a venerated site for Leicester City's fans, at least the ones in Thailand.