- Police: Officers kill robbery suspect in gunfire exchange Updated: Sep-01-15 6:26 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Police say a bank robbery suspect has died in an exchange of gunfire with Bluefield officers.
- Man arrested in sexual assault of 7-year-old girl Updated: Sep-01-15 6:24 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Police say a man accused of breaking into an apartment and sexually assaulting a 7-year-old girl inside is being held in the Jefferson County jail.
- Nigeria to deploy drones to curb oil theft Updated: Sep-01-15 6:08 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - An official of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation says the organization will deploy drones across the territorial waters of Africa's largest oil producer to help curb the rampant oil theft.
- Credit card data theft device found on Baton Rouge gas pump Updated: Sep-01-15 5:47 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The state agriculture department says it found a device able to steal credit card data during a routine inspection at a gas station in Baton Rouge.
- Supreme Court says order to pay for payloader was wrong Updated: Sep-01-15 5:46 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota Supreme Court says a judge was wrong to order a state criminal investigator to reimburse a man for a pay loader the agent confiscated.
- Police: Robbery suspect dead after struck by police stun gun Updated: Sep-01-15 5:37 pm
CINCINNATI - A robbery suspect who died after he was shocked by a police stun gun was assaulting and trying to rob a woman at a gas station ATM, Cincinnati's police chief said Tuesday.
- Man who attacked Tippecanoe deputy gets 26-year sentence Updated: Sep-01-15 5:22 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A judge has sentenced a man who overpowered a deputy and stole her police cruiser to 22 years in prison.
- Man mistaken for hat-wearing bank robber seeks $3.3 million Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Rodolfo Valladares wore the wrong hat to the wrong Miami bank while trying to cash a $100 check in a case of mistaken identity that's led to a court battle over $3.3 million.
- Former hero pleads guilty to Oregon bank robbery Updated: Sep-01-15 4:45 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon man who earned an award five years ago for stopping an armed bank robbery has pleaded guilty to committing an armed bank robbery.
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts Updated: Sep-01-15 3:31 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Kansas priest has been charged with alleging stealing nearly $151,000 from his two parishes and the Catholic Diocese to fund his extensive gambling.
- Cops: Intruder shot by Maine resident faces burglary charges Updated: Sep-01-15 2:59 pm
ROCKLAND, Maine - Police in Maine say an intruder has been shot by a home owner during a break-in and is facing burglary charges.
- Police officer facing arrest for burglary kills himself Updated: Sep-01-15 2:25 pm
DILLSBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania police sergeant shot himself to death after officers came to arrest him for committing a burglary at his estranged wife's home and then trying to frame her boyfriend for it, a prosecutor said Tuesday.
- Ex-nursing home worker convicted of stealing from patients Updated: Sep-01-15 12:26 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A former nursing home employee has pleaded guilty to stealing money from a patient trust fund account.
- Police investigating bank robbery in Homewood Updated: Sep-01-15 11:48 am
HOMEWOOD, Alabama - Police in Homewood are investigating a morning bank robbery.
- Raleigh police look for man in killing, sexual assault Updated: Sep-01-15 10:13 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police in Raleigh are looking for a man accused in a killing, two robberies and a sexual assault.
- Honored youth counselor charged with stealing from clients Updated: Sep-01-15 10:02 am
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A youth counselor honored by a western Pennsylvania county last year is being sought by authorities on charges he stole $26,000 from his clients.
- Vinton man booked in slaying of Starks man Updated: Sep-01-15 8:38 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A 21-year-old Vinton man has been booked with second-degree murder in the shooting death of a Starks man.
- Police: 12-year-old girl thwarts suspected burglar Updated: Sep-01-15 7:31 am
AUBURN, Massachusetts - Police in Auburn are crediting a quick thinking 12-year-old girl with thwarting a man she saw breaking into her home.
- Police: Baby found safe inside stolen car, suspect at large Updated: Sep-01-15 4:58 am
MIAMI - Police are investigating after they say a car was stolen in southwest Miami-Dade with a 1-year-old boy inside.
- Thefts from food truck cost Ala. owners an estimated $10,000 Updated: Sep-01-15 4:34 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Owners of a Huntsville coffee shop say the theft of equipment from a food truck they operate cost them about $10,000.
- Columbia man pleads guilty to robbing 6 banks Updated: Sep-01-15 4:31 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 43-year-old Columbia man has pleaded guilty in federal court to robbing six banks.
- Police: Man on bicycle who killed robbery target charged Updated: Sep-01-15 3:34 am
CLEVELAND - A suspect who authorities say killed a man in a shootout after an attempted robbery while riding a bicycle has been charged with aggravated murder in Cleveland.
- Man pleads guilty to robbing more than $80K from bank Updated: Sep-01-15 3:23 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $80,000 from a bank in Windsor during an armed robbery earlier this year.
- 17-year-old held in slaying of teen during Cincy robbery Updated: Sep-01-15 3:07 am
CINCINNATI - A 17-year-old boy has been arrested and charged with gunning down another teen and wounding a man in a park in Cincinnati.
- State regulators fine PG&E for failing to secure substation Updated: Aug-31-15 11:44 pm
SAN JOSE, California - State regulators have fined California's largest utility $50,000 for failing to secure an electric substation in Northern California that was burglarized last year.