- Trial to examine mind and decisions of mogul Sumner Redstone Updated: May-05-16 11:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Illness has robbed Sumner Redstone of his voice, but a trial scheduled to begin Friday will determine whether the ailing media mogul remains competent enough to make key decisions about his life.
- Man convicted in New Year's Eve slayings gets life sentence Updated: May-05-16 11:53 am
AKRON, Ohio - A man convicted in the fatal shootings of a father and his two teenage children during a home invasion robbery on New Year's Eve 2013 has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Georgia pastor charged with stealing $250,000 from church Updated: May-05-16 11:49 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - The former pastor of a historic church in Savannah, Georgia, has been indicted on charges that he stole more than $250,000 in tithes and offerings from church members over the course of a decade.
- Shoreline homeowner shoots burglar Updated: May-05-16 10:49 am
SHORELINE, Washington - Shoreline police say a homeowner shot a burglar who was smashing windows and trying to break into his house.
- Man due in Henderson court in alleged ruse that left 2 dead Updated: May-05-16 10:47 am
HENDERSON, Nevada - A Las Vegas man is due in court in what police allege was an elaborate kidnapping and robbery ruse that left two people dead in a burning car on a quiet Henderson street.
- Oregon woman plots grandmother's burglary to get bail money Updated: May-05-16 10:40 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Police say a Grants Pass woman solicited people to burglarize her grandmother's house as she tried to raise bail money to get out of jail, where she was being held on a manslaughter charge.
- Masked armed men tie up residents, ransack NY home Updated: May-05-16 10:06 am
ROOSEVELT, New York - Authorities say six masked armed robbers ransacked a Long Island home after they tied up two residents and shut them in a closet.
- Rural homes outside Lexington being burglarized, set on fire Updated: May-05-16 9:31 am
GEORGETOWN, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say someone has been burglarizing rural homes outside of Lexington and then setting the structures on fire.
- Texas repeat bank robber convicted again, faces more prison Updated: May-05-16 8:06 am
HOUSTON - A Houston man with a history of bank robbery has been convicted of more holdups including one hours after he fled from a halfway house.
- Topeka man sentenced for robbing man who refilled ATMs Updated: May-05-16 7:51 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka man has been sentenced to three years and four months in federal prison for robbing a man who stocked ATMs with cash.
- Surrey armed robbery might be related to 2 Minot robberies Updated: May-05-16 7:08 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Police are investigating whether a robbery at a convenience store in Surrey is related to two robberies in nearby Minot.
- Feds seek DNA samples to investigate thefts of 130 guns Updated: May-05-16 6:45 am
ATLANTA - Federal authorities are seeking a DNA sample - along with hair samples and fingerprints - from at least one suspect as they continue investigating the theft of 130 guns from firearms dealers in several cities across Georgia.
- Charges filed against 11 teen gang members, prosecutors say Updated: May-05-16 3:42 am
CLEVELAND - Eleven teenage boys suspected of involvement with a street gang that randomly attacked and robbed people in Cleveland and its suburbs have been charged with more than 150 counts in all.
- Man arrested after armed bank robbery in Evansville Updated: May-04-16 11:12 pm
EVANSVILLE, Wyoming - Police in Natrona County have arrested a man in connection with an armed bank robbery in Evansville.
- 2 arrested, 1 sought in Vegas liquor store robbery-killing Updated: May-04-16 7:23 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two ex-felons were jailed in Las Vegas on charges that could get them the death penalty in the killing of a liquor store clerk who couldn't open a safe, authorities said Wednesday. A third suspect was being sought.
- Man admits stealing $2.5M from homeowner associations Updated: May-04-16 5:42 pm
BALTIMORE - A man who prosecutors say financed a lifestyle of nightclubbing, NBA games, manicures and limousines by stealing $2.5 million from his clients has pleaded guilty to wire fraud.
- 9th Circuit to hear appeal again in 1995 Carson City killing Updated: May-04-16 4:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt is asking a federal appeals court to reinstate a 1996 murder conviction the U.S. Supreme Court struck down because prosecutors may have failed to prove the 14-year-old killer knew what he did was wrong.
- Gilbert man changes plea to guilty in deaths of woman, teen Updated: May-04-16 3:34 pm
PHOENIX - A Gilbert man accused of fatally shooting a woman and a teenage boy in his home last year has changed his plea to guilty.
- Bibles taken from Christian store, 8th Commandment be damned Updated: May-04-16 2:58 pm
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police say two men were caught flouting the Eighth Commandment when surveillance video captured them stealing nearly $500 worth of Bibles from a Christian store in Massachusetts.
- Robbers target home in Atlanta mayor's neighborhood Updated: May-04-16 2:14 pm
ATLANTA - Police say they're investigating a robbery at a home in the neighborhood where Atlanta's mayor lives.
- Robber is shortchanged after coming away with only 35 cents Updated: May-04-16 1:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police are investigating an armed robbery of two men where the assailant walked away with only 35 cents.
- Transient arrested for stealing live lobster from store Updated: May-04-16 12:51 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police arrested a 51-year-old transient for allegedly stealing a live lobster from a grocery store.
- Suspected burglar points gun at Ketchikan homeowner Updated: May-04-16 11:51 am
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a Ketchikan man stopped for lunch at his home Monday and was confronted by a burglar stealing two of his rifles.
- 2 men robbed at gunpoint over 35 cents Updated: May-04-16 11:47 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police are investigating an armed robbery of two men where the bandit walked away with 35 cents.
- Man acquitted in football player slaying awaiting sentencing Updated: May-04-16 11:16 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A 23-year-old man who was acquitted of murder and other charges in the 2013 robbery and killing of Eastern Michigan University wide receiver Demarius Reed is free while awaiting sentencing in an unrelated Detroit shooting.