- North Texas man gets life imprisonment in teen's slaying Updated: Feb-09-16 6:02 pm
DALLAS - A 20-year-old Dallas-area man has been sent to prison for life after pleading guilty to murdering a 15-year-old cancer patient.
- Woman gets life for shooting man she thought to be burglar Updated: Feb-09-16 5:23 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Jacksonville woman has been sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting a man she thought had burglarized her home.
- Police: Man sexually assaulted 73-year-old woman at gunpoint Updated: Feb-09-16 4:03 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Police have arrested a 32-year-old Waterville man after they say he broke into the home of a 73-year-old woman and sexually assaulted her at gunpoint this past weekend.
- Missouri's longest-serving sheriff pleads guilty to stealing Updated: Feb-09-16 3:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The career of Missouri's longest-serving sheriff has come to an abrupt end after he pleaded guilty to stealing reimbursement checks for his own use.
- High-ranking Boston firefighter convicted of fraud, larceny Updated: Feb-09-16 2:34 pm
BOSTON - A high-ranking member of the Boston Fire Department has been convicted of stealing nearly $50,000 in public money to pay his bills and obtain personal items.
- Former city clerk in Iowa accused of theft gets probation Updated: Feb-09-16 10:12 am
GLENWOOD, Iowa - A former Pacific Junction city clerk accused by state auditors of giving herself unauthorized Christmas bonuses and vacation and sick pay has been given probation and must pay a civil penalty of $625.
- Police: Woman wanted duo to rob restaurant where she worked Updated: Feb-09-16 9:18 am
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Police say a woman tried to get a couple to rob the Pennsylvania fast-food restaurant where she worked.
- Deputies arrest serial robbery suspect Updated: Feb-09-16 8:43 am
SANTA ROSA, California - Authorities say they have arrested a man suspected of robbing at least eight banks in Northern California.
- Motorists robbed at gunpoint in San Mateo County Updated: Feb-09-16 8:39 am
REDWOOD CITY, California - San Mateo County officials are investigating after a man and woman were robbed at gunpoint on Highway 1.
- Bond set at $250,000 for man accused in Minot home invasion Updated: Feb-09-16 8:28 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A judge has set bond at $250,000 for a Dunseith man accused of breaking into a Minot home and robbing two elderly women at knifepoint.
- Man killed by reservation officer was halfway house escapee Updated: Feb-09-16 8:27 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A man who was shot and killed during a struggle with a tribal police officer on the Rosebud Indian Reservation was a federal robbery convict who escaped from a Rapid City halfway house in December.
- St. Louis teen charged with murder during robbery attempt Updated: Feb-09-16 8:04 am
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis teenager has been charged with an attempted-robbery killing.
- Police seek help from public after north Georgia bank robbed Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 am
DILLARD, Georgia - State and local law officers are asking for the public's help to identify a man they say robbed a bank in the north Georgia mountains.
- Man pleads guilty in armed robbery at Muscatine hotel Updated: Feb-09-16 6:54 am
MUSCATINE, Iowa - A 36-year-old man accused in the armed robbery of a Muscatine hotel has pleaded guilty.
- Woman admits role in stealing $2.7M from wealthy elderly Updated: Feb-09-16 6:19 am
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - State prosecutors say a southern New Jersey woman has admitted to laundering money in a scheme that stole millions from the clients of a senior care company.
- Cops: Burglar drills through wall into jewelry store safe Updated: Feb-09-16 6:13 am
PITTSBURGH - Police say a burglar drilled a hole through the wall of a vacant building and into a neighboring Pittsburgh jewelry store to steal money and jewels out of a safe.
- Police release video of suspect in robbery of cab driver Updated: Feb-09-16 5:55 am
NEW YORK - New York City police are looking for a suspect in connection with the assault and robbery of a taxi driver in the Bronx.
- Man guilty in death of great-grandmother found hogtied Updated: Feb-09-16 5:03 am
DOUGLASVILLE, Georgia - More than one year after a hogtied Douglasville great-grandmother was found dead inside her apartment, a jury has returned guilty verdicts against a man charged in her death.
- Police: Man robs, sexually assaults woman in New York City Updated: Feb-09-16 4:21 am
NEW YORK - Police say a man grabbed a woman from behind and threw her to the ground before robbing and sexually assaulting her on a New York City block.
- Man accused of shooting Wauwatosa officer pleads guilty Updated: Feb-09-16 2:35 am
MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man accused of shooting and wounding a Wauwatosa police officer in June has pleaded guilty to charges.
- Marijuana delivery man robbed by would-be customers Updated: Feb-08-16 11:16 pm
PLEASANT HILL, California - Police say two would-be customers robbed a marijuana dispensary delivery driver at gunpoint when he showed up at a home in Pleasant Hill to deliver one one-eight ounce of marijuana.
- Former CU professor sentenced for lab equipment scheme Updated: Feb-08-16 9:39 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A former University of Colorado professor accused of creating a company to sell marked-up lab equipment to the Boulder campus has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor theft.
- Gunman robs Elsmere smoke shop Updated: Feb-08-16 8:31 pm
ELSMERE, Delaware - Delaware State Police are looking for a man who robbed a smoke shop at gunpoint.
- Pair charged with dozens of thefts from cars in Dover area Updated: Feb-08-16 4:38 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A man and a woman have been charged with dozens of thefts from cars in the Dover area.
- Condemned killer in San Antonio robbery-slaying loses appeal Updated: Feb-08-16 1:54 pm
HOUSTON - A San Antonio man condemned for a fatal shooting during a robbery 12 years ago has lost a federal appeal, moving him a step closer to execution.