- NO police: 8 holdups, 4 carjackings, 2 stabbings in 24 hours Updated: May-29-16 8:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Eight holdups, four carjackings, two stabbings and a gunpoint burglary made for an unusually high-crime night in New Orleans.
- Florida deputies fatally shoot robbery suspect Updated: May-29-16 7:12 pm
DELAND, Florida - Three Florida sheriff's deputies fatally shot an armed robbery suspect who they say refused to surrender and was holding a knife.
- Police: Off-duty officer shoots armed suspected shoplifter Updated: May-29-16 6:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Police in Washington say an off-duty officer shot a man suspected of shoplifting after the man produced a gun and failed to comply with the officer's orders.
- UAE media say US businessman gets 15 years prison Updated: May-29-16 1:54 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A Dubai court sentenced an American businessman to 15 years in prison on Sunday after convicting him on theft and fraud charges.
- Bicyclist run down, robbed by driver in Eureka Updated: May-29-16 1:29 pm
EUREKA, Montana - A 28-year-old man is expected to be charged in Lincoln County after officials say he ran down a Eureka bicyclist with a car in order to rob the victim.
- Court blocks Texas execution set for this week Updated: May-29-16 12:46 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A man set for execution this week for the slaying of a 64-year-old suburban Dallas grandmother during a burglary of her home more than 18 years ago has won a reprieve.
- Man runs down with car suspect who robbed him at gunpoint Updated: May-29-16 12:15 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Authorities say a man who was robbed standing outside a store saw the suspects a few minutes later as he drove away and hit one of them with his car.
- Robbers hit Tiffany jewelry store in Tucson Updated: May-29-16 12:11 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Authorities say a Tucson branch of jeweler Tiffany was the target of a robbery.
- Albuquerque police catch alleged car thief after chase Updated: May-29-16 11:57 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A suspected car thief who led Albuquerque police on a high-speed chase is in custody.
- Little Rock police responding to burglary find woman dead Updated: May-29-16 11:49 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Police in Little Rock say officers responding to a burglary in progress at a home west of downtown found a woman dead inside the house.
- Cedar Rapids police charge man with 2 bank robberies Updated: May-29-16 11:33 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Cedar Rapids police have charged a man with robbing two banks.
- Sheriff: Illinois trio visits Florida to rob a bank Updated: May-29-16 9:36 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - Most tourists visit Florida for the theme parks and beaches. Lee County sheriff's deputies say an Illinois trio came to Fort Myers to rob a bank.
- Woman fleeing robbery in Chicago hit by truck, dies Updated: May-29-16 9:10 am
CHICAGO - A Chicago woman who was fleeing from an armed robbery with her boyfriend has died after being hit by a truck on Lake Shore Drive.
- Ex-finance chief at U. of Miami school guilty of $2.3M theft Updated: May-29-16 3:54 am
MIAMI - A former finance director at a University of Miami science school faces prison time after pleading guilty to tax evasion in a $2.3 million embezzlement scheme.
- Ex-fire chief gets jail time for stealing from department Updated: May-28-16 6:05 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - The former chief of a central Illinois volunteer fire department has been sentenced to 180 days in jail for improperly using department funds to put gas in his personal vehicles and for other purchases.
- Police: NY man steals ATM, loads it onto stolen school bus Updated: May-28-16 5:37 pm
WESTBURY, New York - Police say a Long Island man broke into a grocery store, stole an ATM and loaded it onto a stolen school minibus.
- Ex-St Tammany Parish coroner to be released Monday Updated: May-28-16 5:27 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Former St. Tammany Parish Coroner Peter Galvan is scheduled to be released from prison Monday after serving just over two years on federal and state theft and corruption charges.
- Woman sentenced in theft of money through charity website Updated: May-28-16 5:22 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia woman has been sentenced to time served to 23 months in the theft of money through what authorities said was a fraudulent charity fundraising page online.
- Lauderdale sheriff's deputy: 41 guns stolen from store Updated: May-28-16 3:34 pm
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Department is investigating a recent burglary of a business where 41 guns were stolen.
- Officer, bystander shot trying to stop robbery suspect Updated: May-28-16 3:20 pm
APPLETON, Wisconsin - Police in Appleton say a robbery suspect shot a female officer and another man during a struggle before killing himself.
- Suspects arrested in casino robbery, carjacking Updated: May-28-16 2:54 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities have arrested two suspects in the robbery of a casino near Missoula International Airport and the carjacking of a family.
- Men who stole metals from Hill Air Force Base get probation Updated: May-28-16 2:37 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two men convicted of stealing thousands of pounds of metals from Hill Air Force Base have avoided jail time.
- Indianapolis father, son charged in killing, robbery of man Updated: May-28-16 2:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis father and son have been charged in the robbery and killing of a man who was found dead in a parking lot with a pillow case over his head and duct tape around his neck.
- Firefighters' union official gets probation for taking funds Updated: May-28-16 1:21 pm
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - A former firefighter who stole more than $75,000 while serving as a union official has been spared a prison term.
- Denver DA: No charges against police who killed parolee Updated: May-28-16 12:19 pm
DENVER - Denver's district attorney won't pursue charges against police who shot and killed a parolee who had hijacked a vehicle, led officers on an afternoon chase in a residential neighborhood and shot at them, wounding one.