- Pruitt opinion says school prayer ban is overly broad Updated: Oct-06-15 4:03 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt has issued a formal opinion that a recently enacted policy prohibiting public prayer at playoff events is overly broad.
- Eid al-Adha brings Muslims and community leaders together Updated: Oct-03-15 9:30 am
POCATELLO, Idaho - Thousands of years ago, as the Koran has it, a man named Abraham was ready to sacrifice his only son as God - Allah - had commanded.
- Principal offers prayers to student accused of shooting him Updated: Oct-01-15 4:46 pm
HARRISBURG, South Dakota - A South Dakota principal who took a bullet to his arm offered "deep prayers" to the student charged Thursday with shooting him.
- Prayer service set in Harrisburg after school shooting Updated: Oct-01-15 6:19 am
HARRISBURG, South Dakota - The community of Harrisburg is holding a prayer service after a school shooting that injured an administrator.
- Singapore shuts schools, distributes free masks for haze Updated: Sep-24-15 11:33 pm
SINGAPORE - Singapore shut schools Friday and began distributing free anti-pollution masks to the elderly and other vulnerable people as a thick smoky haze cast covered the island-nation with pollution reaching its worst level this year.
- Muslim pilgrims gather for pinnacle of hajj in Saudi Arabia Updated: Sep-23-15 10:08 am
MOUNT ARAFAT, Saudi Arabia - Muslim pilgrims from around the world gathered before dawn Wednesday in the valley of Mount Arafat in Saudi Arabia for a day of prayer that marks the pinnacle of the annual hajj pilgrimage.
- The Latest: Pope Francis serenaded by Cuban girls' choir Updated: Sep-21-15 8:41 pm
HOLGUIN, Cuba - The latest developments in Pope Francis' visit to Cuba and the United States. All times local:
- Jerusalem's holiest site, a raw nerve in Mideast conflict Updated: Sep-17-15 3:21 pm
JERUSALEM - A rectangular hilltop compound in Jerusalem is ground zero of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Arizona council moves toward allowing only Christian prayer Updated: Sep-16-15 5:55 pm
COOLIDGE, Arizona - A proposal under consideration by the city council in the Arizona city of Coolidge would allow only Christian prayers before its meetings.
- 'War Room' filmmakers build on previous faith film successes Updated: Sep-10-15 10:15 am
LOS ANGELES - Faith-based movies that succeed at the box office shouldn't be a surprise anymore, but "War Room," a Christian family drama about marriage, has proved to be somewhat miraculous.