- Lawmaker offers secular prayer on House floor Updated: Feb-08-16 7:44 pm
PHOENIX - A Democratic lawmaker has offered a secular prayer on the House floor after Republican leadership turned down his request to offer a daily prayer during opening ceremonies.
- Chinese visit temples, fairs to ring in Year of the Monkey Updated: Feb-08-16 11:20 am
BEIJING - Chinese and others around Asia flocked to temples and fairs to pray for good health and fortune on Monday, the first day of the Lunar New Year.
- Council members want prayer issue to go to Phoenix voters Updated: Feb-04-16 2:42 pm
PHOENIX - Several Phoenix City Council members want voters to decide whether to replace a longstanding tradition of prayer before council meetings with a moment of silent prayer.
- Prayer breakfast: Obama says faith is 'great cure' for fear Updated: Feb-04-16 11:51 am
WASHINGTON - Delivering his last annual sermon to Washington's elite, President Barack Obama on Thursday warned of the corrosive impact of fear in public life and urged a bipartisan group of powerbrokers to abide by their faith "even when no one is watching."
- Phoenix council subs opening prayer for moment of silence Updated: Feb-03-16 11:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix City Council voted Wednesday to replace a longstanding tradition of prayer before meetings with a moment of silence prayer, preventing an address by a group with "Satan" in its name and averting a lawsuit over constitutional rights.
- Phoenix council to consider change in wake of prayer debate Updated: Feb-01-16 7:18 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix City Council is scheduled to consider a proposal that would change the way it schedules groups requesting to lead the opening prayer.
- What we know about Israel's decision on Western Wall prayers Updated: Feb-01-16 3:17 pm
The decision by Israel's government to allow non-Orthodox Jewish prayer at Jerusalem's Western Wall is being seen as a major breakthrough for the country's long-marginalized liberal believers. Here's what we know about the issue:
- New prayer site highlights divide between Israel, US Jews Updated: Feb-01-16 2:57 pm
JERUSALEM - The Israeli government's decision to allow non-Orthodox Jewish prayer at Jerusalem's Western Wall is a major breakthrough for the country's long-marginalized liberal streams and their powerful supporters in the United States.
- Court weighs practice of Christian prayers at meetings Updated: Jan-27-16 3:09 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court wrestled on Wednesday with whether local government leaders in North Carolina are violating the Constitution by holding exclusively Christian prayers at their meetings - the first time a court at that level has addressed the issue since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in a town government's favor in a similar case in 2014.
- Iowa church hosts prayer sessions ahead of caucuses Updated: Jan-27-16 12:22 pm
SHELDON, Iowa - An northwest Iowa church is opening its doors each night this week so people can gather and pray for the upcoming caucuses and the nation.
- Court to weigh practice of Christian prayers at meetings Updated: Jan-27-16 3:15 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court is poised to examine whether county commissioners in North Carolina should be allowed to open their meetings with Christian prayers.
- Pope prays for victims of attacks in Burkina Faso, Indonesia Updated: Jan-17-16 6:51 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is praying for the victims of attacks by extremists in Burkina Faso and Indonesia.
- Club at Cumming school combines crafting with service Updated: Jan-16-16 9:01 am
CUMMING, Georgia - One student's empathy for the November terror attacks in Paris and Beirut sparked a service and prayer project that ended up including almost the entire student body at a south Forsyth private Catholic school.
- The Latest: Turkey detains 4 more in Istanbul blast probe Updated: Jan-13-16 12:13 pm
ISTANBUL - The latest on the investigation into the explosion in the historic center of Istanbul. All times local.
- Latest: Edwards sworn in as Louisiana's 56th governor Updated: Jan-11-16 1:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The latest developments from Inauguration Day in Louisiana: