- Brook retains IBF welterweight belt, Joshua wins again Updated: May-30-15 7:05 pm
LONDON - Kell Brook won his second defense of the IBF welterweight belt to stay undefeated, while fellow British boxer Anthony Joshua enhanced his burgeoning reputation in the heavyweight division with a second-round stoppage of experienced American Kevin Johnson.
- Nevada casinos win more in April, $897.9 million total Updated: May-29-15 4:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - Those flashy, blinky, button-filled boxes that fill casino floors are largely why Nevada can happily count its winnings from April.
- WBC champ Wilder not studying Molina - or taking him lightly Updated: May-28-15 5:44 pm
NORTHPORT, Alabama - Deontay Wilder doesn't know a lot about his next opponent, but that's not a sign that he doesn't respect Eric Molina.
- 50 years ago boxing bedlam came to Lewiston, Maine Updated: May-25-15 8:53 am
LEWISTON, Maine - It was 50 years ago that the world's attention focused on Lewiston, Maine, for a world heavyweight boxing title fight.
- AP Was There: Muhammad Ali-Sonny Liston heavyweight rematch Updated: May-24-15 12:58 pm
EDITOR'S NOTE: On May 25, 1965, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston in the first round of a heavyweight bout that produced one of the strangest finishes in boxing history as well as one of sports' most iconic moments - photos of Ali hovering over Liston on the canvas, shouting at his opponent to get up.
- Promoter seeks to block regulation of bare-knuckle bouts Updated: May-21-15 7:47 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A Wyoming bare-knuckle fight promoter has sued the Association of Boxing Commissions and its president, saying they're wrongly encouraging the City of Riverton to outlaw his fights.
- Fight of century is now battle in court as fans sue Pacquiao Updated: May-19-15 11:45 am
LAS VEGAS - Boxing fans across the country and their lawyers are calling the hyped-up fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. a fraud and want their money back, and then some.
- For Hampton House, a return from history Updated: May-17-15 12:23 am
MIAMI - When the rescue of Hampton House began six years ago, vagrants and drug addicts slept in the motel where Malcolm X once stayed. A tree grew out of the swimming pool where Martin Luther King Jr. swam. The walls were crumbling around the courtyard where Ebony magazine had photographed Muhammad Ali and his new wife and baby.
- Boxing fan accelerates plans to renovate Ali's boyhood home Updated: May-15-15 7:54 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali's brother on Friday recalled their wrestling matches while growing up in their family's modest Kentucky home. No punches were supposed to be thrown because their parents wouldn't allow it, Rahman Ali said.
- Wilder's first title defense set with Molina in Alabama Updated: May-14-15 5:13 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Deontay Wilder is staying close to home for his first defense of the WBC heavyweight title.
- Police: Rapper 50 Cent not a suspect in Vegas robbery case Updated: May-13-15 8:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Rap musician 50 Cent is not a suspect in an investigation of a Los Angeles man's complaint that he was attacked and robbed of jewelry in Las Vegas, a police spokesman said Wednesday.
- Injured Manny Pacquiao returns to the Philippines Updated: May-13-15 7:42 am
MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao returned home to the Philippines on Wednesday nursing his right shoulder after surgery and weighing up whether to retire or push for a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Mayweather-Pacquiao sets PPV mark with 4.4 million buys Updated: May-12-15 2:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao proved a box office smash, even if their welterweight title fight didn't live up to the hype.
- Boxing loss could be Pacquiao's political win Updated: May-10-15 2:24 am
MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao lost his biggest fight in the ring, but that won't stop him from plotting a bigger comeback - in the political arena that is.
- Canelo Alvarez knocks out James Kirkland in 3rd round Updated: May-10-15 1:23 am
HOUSTON - On the night that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez knocked out James Kirkland, the Mexican star spent almost as much time talking about Miguel Cotto as he did his opponent.
- Floyd Mayweather's ex-girlfriend sues boxer for defamation Updated: May-06-15 3:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - The mother of three of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s children sued the undefeated boxing champion for defamation over his recent comments about her and a 2010 domestic violence attack in Las Vegas.
- Column: Pacquiao injury another hit for boxing Updated: May-05-15 5:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - The people who paid $99.95 to watch at home had no clue.
- Philly lawyer joins effort to restore Ali's childhood home Updated: May-05-15 8:54 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A real estate investor wanting to restore Muhammad Ali's boyhood home in Kentucky has a new business partner in his corner.
- Boxing match pops up on phones as TV habits change Updated: May-04-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - It should have been a proud moment for TV: A much-hyped sports event drawing in millions of paying viewers and showcasing the clout still held by traditional media heavyweights.
- LeBron lifts media blackout to call Chris Paul Updated: May-04-15 1:08 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James lifted his personal media boycott during the playoffs to phone a friend.