- Closely fought Philippine presidential race gets underway Updated: Feb-09-16 11:00 am
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine presidential candidates launched their campaigns Tuesday in festive showbiz-style rallies to draw in the crowds in what is emerging as a closely fought contest to lead one of Asia's most unwieldy democracies.
- Danny Garcia outpoints Guerrero, wins WBC welterweight title Updated: Jan-23-16 11:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Danny Garcia needed several rounds to figure out how to handle Robert Guerrero. He still had plenty of time left to claim his first welterweight title in style.
- Thurman, Porter finalize welterweight title bout March 12 Updated: Jan-23-16 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Keith Thurman and Shawn Porter have been waiting to fight each other since their long-gone days as amateur boxers and occasional sparring partners. When the welterweight stars finally get in the ring March 12, they'll be under a prime-time network spotlight.
- Food truck gives the needy free lunch and a social circle Updated: Jan-23-16 2:44 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Mary Blackmon strolls up to the crowd around the food truck with the bearing of a queen. Even bundled up for a bitterly cold morning, she is clearly a beauty and is greeted like one with hugs and kisses and loads of "lookin' good!"
- Manny Pacquiao insists he'll retire after Bradley rematch Updated: Jan-19-16 8:50 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - With a beatific politician's smile on his face, Manny Pacquiao calmly insisted he'll step out of a boxing ring for the final time on April 9 after his third fight with Timothy Bradley.
- Arum: Pacquiao undercard will be all-Hispanic reply to Trump Updated: Jan-19-16 6:56 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Boxing promoter Bob Arum plans to make a statement against Donald Trump with an all-Hispanic undercard on his next big pay-per-view show.
- Wilder retains WBC heavyweight crown with KO of Szpilka Updated: Jan-17-16 1:12 am
NEW YORK - One fight over, Deontay Wilder nearly landed in another scrum with a furious heavyweight party crasher.
- Wilder defends title as heavyweight division heats up Updated: Jan-14-16 4:55 pm
The heavyweight division is starting to get more interesting after years of domination by the Klitschko brothers and little in the way of worthy challengers.