- Tim Bradley survives weird finish, beats Vargas for WBO belt Updated: Jun-28-15 12:20 am
CARSON, California - Timothy Bradley got rocked in the final minute and survived a confusing finish to beat Jessie Vargas by unanimous decision Saturday night, claiming the interim WBO welterweight title.
- Mayweather-Pacquiao boosts casino winnings above $1 billion Updated: Jun-26-15 5:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - Huge crowds and high rollers in Las Vegas for the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight helped Nevada casinos make more than $1 billion off gamblers in May, according to records released Friday.
- Boxing, events lift Vegas airport to busiest May since 2007 Updated: Jun-26-15 2:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Airport officials say the number of travelers flying into and out of Las Vegas in May jumped 5.7 percent to nearly 4 million passengers.
- Need to hit friends up for cash? There's an app for that Updated: Jun-25-15 9:56 am
NEW YORK - On a trip to Maine with four friends, Alexander Culbertson racked up $1,300 on gas, hotel rooms, food and drinks.
- Porter wins decision against Broner Updated: Jun-21-15 12:26 am
LAS VEGAS - Shawn Porter beat Adrien Broner in a unanimous decision on Saturday night in a key welterweight matchup.
- Trial ordered in slaying outside central Pennsylvania party Updated: Jun-20-15 10:16 am
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man has been ordered to stand trial in a slaying that stemmed from an argument at a party where people had gathered to watch last month's boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.
- Bowe, Mancini head Boxing Hall of Fame's class of 2015 Updated: Jun-15-15 2:22 am
CANASTOTA, New York - Riddick Bowe didn't know what to say. Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini had no such problem.
- Walters easily outpoints Marriaga in featherweight bout Updated: Jun-14-15 12:56 am
NEW YORK - Nicholas Walters heard the crowd booing the lack of action and waiting for him to live up to his "Axe Man" nickname.
- Wilder retains WBC heavyweight title with knockout of Molina Updated: Jun-14-15 12:15 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Deontay Wilder gave his Alabama fans what they expected in his first WBC heavyweight title defense: a knockout.
- Lara wins in unanimous decision over Rodriguez Updated: Jun-13-15 12:53 am
CHICAGO - Erislandy Lara defended his WBA world super welterweight title with a unanimous 12-round decision over Delvin Rodriguez on Friday night.
- Alabama sports writers name Wilder pro athlete of year Updated: Jun-09-15 3:15 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - There is no major professional sports franchise in Alabama, a fact that Tuscaloosa native and World Boxing Council heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder sees as opportunity.
- Wilder blocked in bid for heavyweight bout in Tuscaloosa Updated: Jun-08-15 12:54 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Deontay Wilder's fight at Bartow Area in Birmingham on Saturday night is being dubbed a homecoming for the World Boxing Council world heavyweight champion.
- Fight Schedule Updated: Jun-08-15 10:06 am
- Guerrero knocked down, but wins split decision over Martinez Updated: Jun-06-15 4:44 pm
CARSON, California - Robert Guerrero rebounded from a fourth-round knockdown and won a split decision over Aron Martinez in a welterweight bout Saturday.