- Control over access to seabed, harvest at issue in Texas Updated: Nov-28-15 11:09 am
DALLAS - A novel claim that a fleet of commercial boats on the Texas coast has exclusive rights to thousands of acres of seabed - and the lucrative oysters found there - has spawned a flurry of high-stakes lawsuits and has state officials saying the move undermines their efforts to protect wildlife.
- Dog blood bank in Utah calls for donations amid shortage Updated: Nov-28-15 10:26 am
SALT LAKE CITY - One of the country's six canine blood banks is located in Salt Lake City, and it's calling on dog owners in the area for help.
- FidoTV: Elkview native launches channel for dog lovers Updated: Nov-28-15 10:21 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tad Walden didn't have next door neighbors.
- Maine's hunting seasons for bear, deer and moose ending Updated: Nov-28-15 9:17 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's big game hunting seasons are ending for the year.
- Kangaroo found hopping on Ohio road is returned to owners Updated: Nov-28-15 3:05 am
NORTH RIDGEVILLE, Ohio - The owners of a kangaroo found hopping down a northeast Ohio street say they can't figure out how it got away from its home at a retreat for rescued animals.
- Florida sets new record for documented panther deaths Updated: Nov-28-15 3:01 am
NAPLES, Florida - Florida set a new record for documented panther deaths after two males were hit by cars and killed.
- Hawaii-based longline fishermen allowed to keep catching ahi Updated: Nov-27-15 10:51 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii-based longline fishermen have exhausted multiple catch limits for ahi this year, but federal regulators said Friday a new agreement will ensure the fish will be available in the state through the holidays.
- Police say toddler hospitalized after dog attack at a home Updated: Nov-27-15 10:50 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police in Raleigh say a 21-month-old boy is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after a dog attack at a home he and his parents were visiting.
- Utah: Animal found dead in trap appears to be gray wolf Updated: Nov-27-15 6:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah authorities say an animal that appears to be a gray wolf was found dead in a snare set for a coyote earlier this month near the Wyoming state line.
- Polar bear at Tacoma zoo dies; suffered from liver cancer Updated: Nov-27-15 5:54 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A polar bear at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma has died after undergoing months of chemotherapy.
- Federal funds aims to boost migrating monarch butterflies Updated: Nov-27-15 4:08 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Federal officials want landowners in Indiana and nine other states to grow milkweed to boost the population of monarch butterflies.
- Baby red pandas at Philly zoo named Betsy and Ben, of course Updated: Nov-27-15 2:42 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A pair of baby red pandas at the Philadelphia Zoo have been named after two of the city's most famous residents: Betsy and Benjamin.
- Biologists to use new system to track endangered suckers Updated: Nov-27-15 2:06 pm
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - Biologists hope a new underwater monitoring system will be able to give them an idea of how some endangered fish are using Oregon's Link River.
- Volunteers treat ducks, turtles after Charlotte fuel spill Updated: Nov-27-15 1:08 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Volunteers in Charlotte are treating ducks and turtles that were covered with diesel after a fuel spill into local creek.
- 12 watermen face criminal charges for oyster violations Updated: Nov-27-15 11:30 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Virginia Marine Police say 12 commercial watermen have been charged with violating the state's oyster laws in the Rappahannock River.
- Southwest Idaho a wildfire restoration lab for land managers Updated: Nov-27-15 11:27 am
MARSING, Idaho - Even before the smoke cleared last summer, scientists and resource specialists spread out across the blackened range of the Owyhee Mountains to assess the damage of the Soda Fire.
- Oregon firefighters rescue owl tangled in fishing line Updated: Nov-27-15 10:50 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Wildlife rehabilitation workers say a great horned owl that was tangled in fishing line is resting after being rescued by Oregon firefighters.
- Attacking dogs still roaming Pine Ridge Indian Reservation Updated: Nov-27-15 10:46 am
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - In the year since the death of 8-year-old Jayla Rodriguez on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, little has been accomplished to keep community members safe from the kind of wild dogs that killed her.
- Dogs search for few remaining traces of invasive nutria Updated: Nov-27-15 10:45 am
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has been using dogs to track down the few invasive nutria rodents that remain in Dorchester County.
- Colorado town passes measures to control cat population Updated: Nov-27-15 9:19 am
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials in a Colorado town have passed a measure that encourages residents to vaccinate, spay, neuter and license their cats, although it stops short requiring those steps.
- Animals at Utah zoo feast on Thanksgiving treats Updated: Nov-27-15 7:58 am
SALT LAKE CITY - While Americans were asking for a third helping of stuffing, animals at Salt Lake City's Hogle Zoo were enjoying their own special treats during the annual Thanksgiving "Feast with the Beast" event.
- Maine asking for help tracking invasive, destructive moth Updated: Nov-27-15 5:00 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry is asking for the public's help in locating destructive winter moth populations around the state.
- Appalachian Bear Rescue releases orphaned bears into wild Updated: Nov-27-15 4:56 am
TOWNSEND, Tennessee - The Appalachian Bear Rescue has released two black bear cubs back into the wild.
- Deputies believe suspects intentionally struck deer on road Updated: Nov-27-15 3:37 am
VICTOR, West Virginia - Deputies are searching for a vehicle they believe intentionally struck and killed a deer in the Victor area of Fayette County.
- 2 tiger brothers go on display at Manhattan zoo Updated: Nov-26-15 6:45 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - The zoo in Manhattan has two new stripped additions.