- Trump has a 'plan B' for convention - outside help Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has a Plan B if he's faced with a contested convention, and it involves the sort of outside groups that he's called "corrupt."
- Unity will be theme at Maine Democratic Convention Updated: May-02-16 12:24 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine Democrats are divided over the best candidate for president - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders - but the theme will be unity as they gather for the state convention.
- GOP Senate candidates make pitches at state convention Updated: May-01-16 7:08 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Republican candidates for U.S. Senate made cameo appearances Sunday before a sparse crowd at a state party convention, underscoring the scant public attention the contest has generated in a state dominated by Democrats.
- Next up in NY Legislature: Uber, ethics and NYC schools Updated: May-01-16 1:51 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York lawmakers will return to Albany on Tuesday to begin the final weeks of their work for 2016, confronting a to-do list that includes a possible upstate expansion for Uber, a decision on control of public schools in New York City and the challenge of addressing Albany's perennial corruption problem.
- Settlement of coastal oil suits? Industry groups say no Updated: May-01-16 11:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - A business lobbying group and oil industry organizations are publicly denying speculation that energy companies are negotiating with public officials to settle lawsuits over damage to Louisiana's coast.
- The Latest: Former congressman Hayes back as party chairman Updated: May-01-16 11:00 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on North Carolina Republican Party activists meeting Saturday to consider a petition to remove the state party's chairman (all times local):
- CA convention is a homecoming of sorts for Carly Fiorina Updated: May-01-16 8:09 am
BURLINGAME, California - When Carly Fiorina spoke at the California Republican Party convention at a hotel outside San Francisco airport, it was a brief homecoming of sorts for the newly minted vice presidential candidate.
- Rally to protest GOP's Donald Trump to be held in Miami Updated: May-01-16 6:11 am
MIAMI - A coalition of immigrant rights and labor groups are planning to march in Miami against the "hateful rhetoric" from Republican front-runner Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: May-01-16 5:46 am
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at the Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- North Carolina Republican Party chairman removed from post Updated: Apr-30-16 8:14 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Republican Party's first black state chairman was removed from his post Saturday, the climax of months of conflict with other party leaders who recently reprimanded him after deciding he exceeded his authority and tried to crash a GOP website.
- Jim Gilmore denied spot as GOP delegate to convention Updated: Apr-30-16 8:06 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jim Gilmore can't catch a break.
- Trump campaign chairman in Virginia to run for governor Updated: Apr-30-16 7:59 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - The chairman of GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump's campaign in Virginia says he plans to run for governor in 2017.
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention Updated: Apr-30-16 7:56 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Supporters of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz prevailed over backers of front-runner Donald Trump in a fight Saturday over delegates to the national Republican party convention, delegates that could help decide who becomes the GOP presidential nominee.
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates for convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Republicans on Saturday selected 27 of the state's 42 delegates to the GOP National Convention, where rivals of presidential candidate Donald Trump hope he will fail to get the required number of delegate-votes needed to win the nomination.
- Arkansas Republicans select 12 delegates to GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Republicans have met in each of the state's four congressional districts to select 12 delegates to the GOP National Convention in July.
- The Latest: Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Massachusetts Republicans selecting delegates at nine caucuses (all times local):
- The Latest: Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 5:42 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - The Latest on Missouri's congressional district Republican conventions (all times local):
- South Africa: Opposition leader warns president to step down Updated: Apr-30-16 3:05 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Fiery South African opposition politician Julius Malema told 40,000 cheering supporters that President Jacob Zuma should step down before the army turns on him because of the corruption allegations against him.
- Delaware Republicans pick delegates to national convention Updated: Apr-30-16 3:00 pm
DEWEY BEACH, Delaware - Delaware Republicans on Saturday overwhelmingly approved the state party's slate of delegates to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where they are obligated to support billionaire businessman and Delaware primary winner Donald Trump on the first ballot.
- GOP hopeful Cruz announces Nebraska state leadership team Updated: Apr-30-16 1:45 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz has unveiled a Nebraska leadership team to help him campaign in the state.
- Missouri Democrats see scant progress on police oversight Updated: Apr-30-16 1:25 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Taped on the office door of Rep. Brandon Ellington, the chairman of the Legislative Black Caucus, is a cutout of the House public safety chairman's smiling face, topped with the words "This is what bigotry looks like!"
- Lobbying by renewable energy groups on rise in Massachusetts Updated: Apr-30-16 12:10 pm
BOSTON - An effort to jolt Massachusetts' reliance on solar and wind projects has surged in recent years, powered in part by an increase in lobbying by supporters of renewable energy.
- Texas' 155 delegates could all go to Cruz at GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 9:05 am
AUSTIN, Texas - If Ted Cruz can prevail in Indiana and keep alive his slim hope of denying Donald Trump enough delegates to secure the Republican presidential nomination outright, Texas' full slate of delegates will be poised to help him become the party's White House contender.