- Clinton, Sanders advisers cooperate at Wyoming convention Updated: May-28-16 11:28 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A supporter of U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders has submitted a challenge to how pledged Wyoming delegates were split 7-7 despite the Vermont senator reportedly winning the popular vote.
- The Latest: Wyoming splits delegates 7-7 to Clinton, Sanders Updated: May-28-16 10:47 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Latest on Wyoming Democrats' convention (all times local):
- Judge orders release of documents in Trump University suit Updated: May-28-16 9:42 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge is ordering the release of Trump University internal documents in a class-action lawsuit against the now-defunct real estate school owned by presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- Cleveland authorities to tout convention preparedness Updated: May-28-16 6:00 pm
CLEVELAND - City officials plan to present an overview of security preparation for this summer's Republican National Convention in Cleveland, seeking to counter continuing concerns about readiness to host the event expected to bring 50,000 visitors to northeast Ohio.
- Democrats crowd race for Public Lands Commissioner Updated: May-28-16 5:31 pm
SEATTLE - This fall's race for Washington's Commissioner of Public Lands - an office that oversees the state's largest firefighting force and 5.6 million acres of land - is hotly contested since no incumbent is on the ballot.
- Lawmakers ban cash for superintendents' group after election Updated: May-28-16 4:46 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - State lawmakers have made it illegal for school districts to spend any public money on the Mississippi Association of School Superintendents, saying leaders of local school districts personally attacked state officials while they were seeking votes for a school funding initiative last year.
- California US Senate choice could come down to 2 Democrats Updated: May-28-16 4:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - California Attorney General Kamala Harris would love to deliver an election-day surprise by ousting her strongest rival and fellow Democrat, Rep. Loretta Sanchez, from the race for the state's open U.S. Senate seat.
- Indiana Senate candidate wants to keep 2 party nominations Updated: May-28-16 9:53 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A state Senate candidate wants to challenge an Indiana law that prevents him from appearing on the November ballot as the nominee of two political parties.
- In business and politics, Trump stokes internal rivalries Updated: May-28-16 2:38 am
WASHINGTON - When Donald Trump acquired a pair of Atlantic City casinos in the mid-1980s, he pitted his managers against each other in a ferocious competition over everything from booking entertainers to attracting high-rolling gamblers.
- NY Democrat: Trump should return money to 9/11 recovery fund Updated: May-28-16 2:24 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump is "a small man" for accepting $150,000 from a federal fund for small businesses hurt by the Sept. 11 attacks and should return the money or donate it to charity, a New York Democratic congressman said.
- The Latest: Kansas Democrat rips GOP on schools, LGBT issue Updated: May-27-16 9:41 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Supreme Court's ruling on school funding (all times local):
- Wyoming Democrat Party leaders report nasty correspondence Updated: May-27-16 9:12 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Some leaders of the Wyoming Democratic Party say they have become caught up in the battle between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders for the presidential nomination.
- Wisconsin redistricting trial wraps up Updated: May-27-16 7:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Assembly district boundaries that Republicans drew up five years ago have robbed Democratic-leaning voters of their voices, attorneys argued Friday as they wrapped up a federal trial over whether the lines are constitutional.
- Walker releases 82 pages of records following court order Updated: May-27-16 6:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker released 82 pages of records he wanted to keep secret after a judge ordered them to be made public Friday.
- Lawsuit seeks to kick Keyser off GOP Senate ballot Updated: May-27-16 5:54 pm
DENVER - Former state Sen. Jon Keyser's name should be removed from Colorado's Republican U.S. Senate primary ballot because the secretary of state wrongfully certified that Keyser petitioned his way there, according to a lawsuit filed Friday.
- Auto title lender gives $237K to loan ballot question groups Updated: May-27-16 5:45 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Georgia car title lender has contributed nearly $240,000 in additional funds to two South Dakota political organizations waging campaigns over a pair of short-term lending ballot measures, according to campaign finance records released Friday.
- GOP donor again backs Kinder in run for Missouri governor Updated: May-27-16 4:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A prominent GOP political donor is again supporting Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder as he runs for Missouri governor.
- Trump encourages Rubio to run again for Senate Updated: May-27-16 4:35 pm
WASHINGTON - After months of trading vicious insults, Donald Trump and Marco Rubio are suddenly making nice.
- Virginia AG opposes GOP push to expedite voting lawsuit Updated: May-27-16 4:25 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Attorney General Mark Herring is urging the Virginia Supreme Court not to expedite a lawsuit brought by Republican lawmakers over felons' voting rights.
- The Latest: GOP urges Democrats to continue budget talks Updated: May-27-16 3:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Latest on Illinois lawmakers' attempts to agree on a state budget as the spring legislative session approaches its Tuesday deadline (all times local):
- Independent committees provide muscle in legislative races Updated: May-27-16 3:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - Money has been flowing into Montana legislative races at a brisk pace, fueled by political committees seeking to influence the makeup of the Legislature that convenes in January.
- Federal judge hands Maine libertarians a partial victory Updated: May-27-16 3:13 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A federal judge has given the Libertarian Party of Maine until July 12 to get enough signatures for its presidential and vice presidential candidates to appear on the November ballot.
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina governor Updated: May-27-16 3:03 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - It was a stunning rebuke - even by Donald Trump's standards - aimed at the nation's only Latina governor at a political rally in her home state of New Mexico.
- Unprecedented excitement at Libertarian Party convention Updated: May-27-16 12:41 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The deep unpopularity of both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton has led to an unprecedented level of excitement at the Libertarian Party's presidential nominating convention in Orlando this year.
- Dump Trump? Some millennials aren't so sure Updated: May-27-16 8:06 am
COSTA MESA, California - Brendan De Regla drove three hours and waited in line for half a day to see Donald Trump speak at a rally in Southern California.