- Activists protesting UW animal lab come down from excavator Updated: Jun-01-15 8:38 pm
SEATTLE - The University of Washington says two animal rights activists who climbed to the top of an excavator at a construction site to protest the building of an animal research facility have come down with assistance from the Seattle Fire Department.
- New district to buy 12 campuses, bus lot for nearly $11M Updated: Jun-01-15 3:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The new Jacksonville and North Pulaski School District is expected to pay nearly $11 million for the purchase of 12 school campuses and a bus lot from the Pulaski County Special School District.
- Shortage of school bus drivers wreaks havoc in South Bend Updated: Jun-01-15 1:21 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A shortage of school bus drivers in South Bend in the final weeks of the school year is causing some students to be more than an hour late getting to and from school and has forced some transportation office staff members to cover routes.
- All Columbus schools to get WiFi by end of next school year Updated: Jun-01-15 3:34 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Officials say all Columbus schools will be equipped with wireless Internet by the end of next school year.
- No rumbling from Louisa High 'earthquake' class Updated: May-30-15 11:45 am
LOUISA, Virginia - As the last Louisa County High School senior crossed the graduation stage at The Jungle on May 22, the county closed another chapter of earthquake history.
- Ga mom charged with letting son hit student on school bus Updated: May-29-15 9:56 am
AUSTELL, Georgia - An Atlanta-area woman is facing a misdemeanor charge for allegedly letting her son hit another child on the school bus.
- NY cracks down on drivers for passing stopped school busses Updated: May-29-15 3:07 am
ALBANY, New York - State traffic safety officials say they're serious about enforcing laws against passing stopped school busses.
- Ground broken for $10.5M school sports complex in Bismarck Updated: May-28-15 8:30 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Ground has been broken for a $10.5 million sports complex at the new Legacy High School in northeast Bismarck.
- Family sues after they say student attacked daughter on bus Updated: May-28-15 6:26 am
LANDOVER, Maryland - The parents of an elementary school student they say was attacked on her school bus in Prince George's County have filed a lawsuit against the county and the public school system.
- Lafayette school destroyed by tornado plants new garden Updated: May-27-15 8:01 am
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A year and half after it was struck by a tornado, Mintonye Elementary School is almost entirely recovered. The building looks fresh and polished, with new floors and windows. But there's one thing that wasn't rebuilt.
- Students rally in Providence for bus passes Updated: May-26-15 4:55 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - High school students in Providence are calling on the city's mayor to reduce the minimum distance students must walk to school to qualify for a bus pass.
- Nebraska students to get look at transportation careers Updated: May-26-15 4:29 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - The Central Community College-Grand Island has decided to use a grant from the Federal Highway Administration to introduce students to transportation careers.
- Tuscaloosa City Schools to begin using propane fueled buses Updated: May-23-15 12:29 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - School buses that are mostly fueled by propane will soon begin shuttling students to and from school in Tuscaloosa.
- High school students resume classes after tornado Updated: May-19-15 5:41 pm
LAKE CITY, Iowa - Students have resumed classes this week in Lake City after their high school was damaged by a tornado.
- Chesterfield schools want school bus cameras Updated: May-19-15 2:45 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Chesterfield County Public Schools wants to equip school buses with cameras that ticket drivers who pass while children are boarding and disembarking.
- Family sues Yakima school district, alleges abuse on bus Updated: May-18-15 2:37 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - The parents of an 8-year-old girl with Down syndrome are suing the Yakima School District, alleging their daughter was repeatedly molested by another student on a special needs school bus.
- W.Va. school shut by fire to permanently move, be renamed Updated: May-18-15 12:41 pm
MOUNDSVILLE, West Virginia - A grade school displaced by a massive church fire in Benwood will permanently move to Moundsville and receive a new name.
- W.Va. school board terminates contract with Berkeley center Updated: May-17-15 2:38 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The state will no longer provide education services at a Berkeley County facility for youth who are in state custody.
- Driver of truck that crashed into school identified Updated: May-17-15 2:05 pm
HUNTINGDON VALLEY, Pennsylvania - Authorities have released the name of a man who was killed when his truck crashed into a suburban Philadelphia high school building.
- Bryant University breaks ground on $75M expansion Updated: May-15-15 6:52 pm
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - Bryant University is celebrating a $75 million expansion.
- Discussion continues on high school for Lafayette Parish Updated: May-15-15 11:33 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Talks continue about the possibility of building a new public high school in Lafayette Parish.
- Wyoming justices side with newspaper in public meetings case Updated: May-14-15 7:22 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Supreme Court sided Thursday with The Sheridan Press in the newspaper's effort to report on planning for a multipurpose center, ruling the Sheridan school board must release the minutes of closed-door meetings in which it discussed the facility.
- Charter school parents want New York to change funding Updated: May-14-15 6:41 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Lawyers for New York state asked a judge Thursday to throw out a lawsuit claiming its education-funding formula shortchanges charter schools.
- School bus driver hospitalized after vehicle hits tree Updated: May-13-15 5:45 pm
GLASGOW, Maryland - Officials say a school bus driver was hospitalized after the vehicle crashed into a tree in Glasgow.
- Bus drivers needed to fill open routes in V-W schools Updated: May-12-15 4:04 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Vicksburg Warren School District is looking for bus drivers to fill 11 open routes.