- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Nov-23-15 9:01 am
Omaha World-Herald. Nov. 20, 2015
- State approves $38M in bonds for new Terrebonne schools Updated: Nov-23-15 7:55 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - The State Bond Commission has approved $38 million in bonds for the Terrebonne School Board to pay for a new Southdown Elementary School and other facility improvements.
- UMaine debuting ocean simulator to test sea-bound technology Updated: Nov-22-15 11:12 am
ORONO, Maine - Builders of everything from cruise ships and ports to oil rigs offshore wind turbines are tasked with the same question - will their work will be strong enough to stand up to the sea?
- Danville mother has learned to wear many hats Updated: Nov-21-15 2:19 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - It's hard to catch Danville native Jaime Kendrick.
- Police looking for stolen trailer, construction tools Updated: Nov-21-15 5:02 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - Police in central Nebraska are looking for a construction trailer full of tools taken from the site of the new Kearney High School being built.
- Student hit by school bus in Manitowoc in coma Updated: Nov-20-15 3:20 pm
MANITOWOC, Wisconsin - Authorities say a student hit by a school bus in Manitowoc is in a medically induced coma.
- Driver who'd left 5-year-old on Omaha school bus fined $250 Updated: Nov-10-15 6:39 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A former driver has been fined $250 for leaving a 5-year-old on a bus in the Omaha school district bus barn.
- University of Tampa announces new fundraising campaign Updated: Nov-10-15 2:46 am
TAMPA, Florida - The University of Tampa has announced a capital campaign seeking to raise $150 million.
- Fort Totten School District getting $3.6M federal grant Updated: Nov-10-15 2:25 am
FORT TOTTEN, North Dakota - The Fort Totten School District is getting a $3.6 million federal grant for a new building.
- Agency reverses decision, OKs Fayette consolidation plan Updated: Nov-09-15 11:41 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia School Building Authority has reversed its denial of Fayette County's plan to consolidate four high schools.
- Police: Woman cited for texting while driving school bus Updated: Nov-06-15 6:40 am
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania - Police say a school district driver in Pennsylvania has been cited for texting while driving a bus.
- Toyota invests $1 billion in artificial intelligence in US Updated: Nov-06-15 3:49 am
TOKYO - Toyota is investing $1 billion in a research company it's setting up in Silicon Valley to develop artificial intelligence and robotics, underlining the Japanese automaker's determination to lead in futuristic cars that drive themselves and apply the technology to other areas of daily life.
- 7 school districts get grants to buy propane school buses Updated: Nov-06-15 3:47 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Seven Indiana school districts have won state funding to buy propane-powered schools buses that will lower their students' exposure to harmful pollutants by burning a cleaner fuel.
- Driver injured when car rear-ends school bus Updated: Nov-05-15 6:34 pm
LAUREL, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a woman was hurt when the car she was driving rear-ended a school bus in Laurel.
- UO buys up buildings in Portland's Old Town district Updated: Nov-05-15 12:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The University of Oregon Foundation has purchased iconic buildings in Portland's Old Town district.
- Texans decide bond issues, $850M for Harris County upgrades Updated: Nov-04-15 8:12 am
DALLAS - Texas voters have decided to earmark billions of dollars for various bond issues ranging from updating highways to building new schools.
- School board in Mandan holds off on adding bus routes Updated: Nov-03-15 5:44 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - The school board in Mandan has decided to hold off on adding three new bus routes that could ease congestion.
- Schools in Durango struggling to keep busses running Updated: Nov-03-15 9:26 am
DURANGO, Colorado - Parents in Durango are scrambling to get their children to school as a shortage of bus drivers has some routes canceled.
- WVU-Parkersburg to sell Downtown Center Updated: Nov-03-15 7:30 am
PARKERSBURG, West Virginia - West Virginia University at Parkersburg is putting its Downtown Center up for sale.
- U. of Michigan backs efforts to face transportation issues Updated: Nov-02-15 8:50 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan plans to award more than $1 million in grant funding to help solve challenges in transportation.
- Creative baking from Kalispell Public School Central Kitchen Updated: Oct-31-15 5:01 am
KALISPELL, Montana - The Kalispell Central Kitchen was filled with sweet smells as scrumptious chocolate-chip muffins lined a counter, cooling.
- Wake County school bus drivers walk out in pay dispute Updated: Oct-30-15 4:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - School bus drivers in Wake County are staying off the job in a dispute over pay that stems from having their hours reduced.
- UND preparing to open a $17.8 million sports facility Updated: Oct-30-15 10:52 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota is getting set to open a $17.8 million sports facility.
- West Virginia agency to reconsider Fayette school plan Updated: Oct-30-15 3:18 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia School Building Authority will reconsider a request by Fayette County officials for funding for a school consolidation plan.
- Aeronautical university to construct $28 million facility Updated: Oct-30-15 2:46 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University announced plans to construct a $28 million research facility to house labs and a wind tunnel.