- Man hit by van outside Eddie Izzard show Updated: Nov-30-15 8:04 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - Authorities say a van hit an elderly man outside a Tampa Bay area performing arts center about two hours before actor and comedian Eddie Izzard was set to take the stage.
- Funeral for Batmobile creator turns into colorful car show Updated: Nov-29-15 12:09 am
LOS ANGELES - The funeral for George Barris turned into a classic car show as mourners paid respect to the legendary custom car builder by arriving in their uniquely designed vehicles.
- United short of strikers after James Wilson loaned out Updated: Nov-27-15 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - As the final whistle blew on Manchester United's fourth goalless draw in its last seven matches, the boos filling Old Trafford were another indicator of disenchantment about the team's playing style.
- Ferrari hometown overwhelmed by roar of test-driving fans Updated: Nov-27-15 7:00 am
MARANELLO, Italy - In the streets of Maranello, the hometown of Ferrari, the roar of the famed sports car is no longer the occasional bragging right of a proud new owner, but a constant backdrop as a number of test-drive businesses give would-be Schumachers the chance to rev up and peel out.
- Deputies: Woman shoots and kills would-be Craigslist robber Updated: Nov-26-15 10:57 am
AIKEN, South Carolina - Authorities say a man trying to rob a couple who thought they were going to buy a car off Craigslist has been shot and killed.
- Buick Regal offers all-wheel drive for wintry travel Updated: Nov-25-15 1:41 pm
The 2016 Buick Regal is a competent and nimble mid-size sedan with pretty appearance, quiet interior, turbocharged four-cylinder engine and - important for the approaching winter - all-wheel drive for surefooted travel.
- IndyCar adds additional tethers to improve safety in 2016 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Three months after Justin Wilson's death at Pocono Raceway, IndyCar is taking steps to reduce crash debris and improve safety.
- Lincoln woman gets prison buying cars with stolen checks Updated: Nov-21-15 2:11 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 26-year-old Lincoln woman has been sentenced to up to eight years in prison for using stolen checks to buy two cars.
- Chevrolet Volt wins 'Green Car of the Year' at LA Auto Show Updated: Nov-19-15 3:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - An auto industry magazine has named the 2016 Chevrolet Volt its "Green Car of the Year."
- Audi says US sales undiminished by diesel emissions scandal Updated: Nov-18-15 10:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - The emissions-rigging scandal that has engulfed German auto giant Volkswagen will not diminish sales of one of its luxury brands in the United States, the head of Audi of America predicted Wednesday.
- Hot cars at this year's Los Angeles Auto Show Updated: Nov-18-15 5:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Automakers are debuting key models at this year's Los Angeles Auto Show.
- Ford Escape updates onboard communications for 2016 Updated: Nov-18-15 11:20 am
The Ford Escape gets better for 2016 with a new, easy-to-operate version of its Sync onboard communications and control system that's quicker to respond and more user-friendly.
- Voices of consumers: Jobs report shows inclination to spend Updated: Nov-06-15 5:30 pm
Americans finally feel confident enough in the U.S. economy to splurge.
- George Barris, creator of TV's original Batmobile, has died Updated: Nov-05-15 7:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - George Barris, the legendary custom car builder who created television's original Batmobile and helped define California's car culture with colorfully designed vehicles ranging from the stunningly beautiful to the simply outrageous, died Thursday. He was 89.
- Volvo V60 Cross Country stylish, but lacking in space Updated: Nov-04-15 12:39 pm
Volvo's 2016 V60 Cross Country is a sleekly styled, compact wagon with strong turbocharged power and an interior that embodies the understated modernism of Scandinavian design.
- Briton who intruded Singapore F1 track jailed for 6 weeks Updated: Nov-03-15 2:38 am
SINGAPORE - A British national who walked into the track while cars were hurtling toward him at about 280 kilometers per hour (175 mph) during Singapore's Formula One night race was on Tuesday sentenced to six weeks in jail.
- Gov't to add automatic braking to 5-star car safety rating Updated: Nov-02-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - The government is adding automatic braking to its five-star safety rating system designed to help consumers identify the most important safety technologies to look for in new cars.
- US: Ohio-based auto lender used illegal collection practices Updated: Oct-31-15 11:44 am
CINCINNATI - An Ohio-based lender that primarily loans money to active duty and former military service members to buy vehicles engaged in illegal debt collection practices and must pay more than $3 million, a federal agency said.