- IndyCar drivers find comfort in having strong safety team Updated: May-27-16 1:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Dario Franchitti doesn't remember the crash that ended his career three years ago in Houston.
- US consumer sentiment up in May to highest in nearly a year Updated: May-27-16 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - Americans turned more optimistic about the economy in May than the previous month, buoyed by steady hiring and higher incomes.
- Video shows Florida trooper jump onto hood, fire into car Updated: May-27-16 6:47 am
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - A video clip from a gas station surveillance camera shows a Florida Highway Patrol trooper pull his motorcycle next to a car during a traffic stop, and then jump onto its hood before firing through the windshield.
- In image-conscious Dubai, even police patrol in luxury cars Updated: May-26-16 2:10 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Image is everything in Dubai - even when fighting crime.
- 2016 Buick Encore Sport Touring adds new turbo engine Updated: May-25-16 2:54 pm
The hot-selling Buick Encore has a new, peppier model for 2016 that makes the affordably priced, easy to maneuver and surprisingly refined SUV even more appealing.
- State continuing its review of proposed Allstate rate hike Updated: May-25-16 7:04 am
ATLANTA - State regulators say they're continuing to review a plan by Allstate to raise auto insurance rates for Georgia drivers.
- Lowrider car culture takes summer spotlight in New Mexico Updated: May-24-16 8:11 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Those classic cars called lowriders are the focus of a summer celebration in Santa Fe.
- 'Top Gear' roars back with Matt LeBlanc, high expectations Updated: May-24-16 10:32 am
LONDON - "Top Gear" doesn't do understatement.
- Hearses to roll into Alpena as part of car cruise event Updated: May-21-16 4:04 pm
ALPENA, Michigan - It's not your typical car cruise.
- Couple offers public electric car charging station at home Updated: May-21-16 11:40 am
OZARK, Alabama - Tom Wyse could count at least three times when he said he vowed that his last vehicle purchase would be his last time in the market for a car.
- I'll, uh, be back: Conviction stands in 2-day car test drive Updated: May-18-16 9:04 pm
PETOSKEY, Michigan - A test drive might lead to a car sale. For a northern Michigan man, it led to jail.
- Study finds high rate of repossessions in auto title loans Updated: May-18-16 2:02 pm
NEW YORK - People who put their cars up as collateral for what are supposed to be short-term emergency loans are being hit with interest rates of 300 percent, a high rate of repossession and long repayment periods.
- Luxury name of game in Ford Explorer Platinum model Updated: May-18-16 12:35 pm
Ford's long-running Explorer SUV goes upscale in a big way with the new-for-2016 Platinum model that rivals traditional luxury SUVs with its numerous high-tech features, quilted-stitched leather seats and exclusive sound system.
- Verstappen becomes youngest F1 winner after Mercedes crash Updated: May-15-16 1:20 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Dutch teenager Max Verstappen stunned Formula One with victory at the Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday, taking advantage of a crash by Mercedes teammates Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg to become the sport's youngest winner only a few days after being promoted by his team Red Bull.
- City small-business owner lobbies for e-commerce Updated: May-14-16 10:14 am
TIMBERVILLE, Virginia - When Chad White started Class-Tech-Cars, a business that supplies reproduced parts for classic vehicles, in 2004, he didn't expect lobbying Congress would be one of his tasks as an Internet entrepreneur.
- As online shopping intensifies, outlook dims for mall stores Updated: May-13-16 1:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Online shopping is reaching such a critical mass with American households that many of the icons of the traditional mall -from Macy's to The Gap and J.C. Penney - face an increasingly uncertain future.
- US sends armored vehicles to Egypt to combat IS Updated: May-13-16 9:22 am
CAIRO - The U.S. Embassy in Cairo says Egypt has received its first shipment of armored vehicles designed to protect soldiers from roadside bombs.
- Florida's hurricane fund in best shape ever ahead of season Updated: May-12-16 4:09 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's continued lucky streak when it comes to dodging hurricane is helping a key state fund reach its best financial shape ever in the two decades it has been in place.
- 2016 Nissan Maxima presents new-found length, power, luxury Updated: May-11-16 12:25 pm
Nissan's most expensive car, the Maxima, is re-engineered and restyled for 2016 for a more luxurious and sporty experience and, thanks to a more powerful V-6, delivers 300 horsepower for the first time.
- Mitsubishi Motors says mileage cheating may be on all models Updated: May-11-16 6:27 am
TOKYO - Mitsubishi Motors Corp., the Japanese automaker under investigation for lying about fuel economy data for some models, said Wednesday such tampering is suspected in all of its vehicles sold in Japan.
- Brighton Boulevard: A hipster Denver 'hood in the making Updated: May-10-16 1:59 pm
DENVER - A busy street connecting downtown Denver to the interstate, roaring with trucks and running alongside railroad tracks, might not sound like a trendy neighborhood in the making. But now's the time to visit Brighton Boulevard before it begins to look too much like any hipster street in any other city. It offers a close connection to Denver's gritty roots, as well a glimpse of what's coming, along with eateries, entertainment and more.
- Study: No scientific basis for laws on marijuana and driving Updated: May-10-16 12:26 am
WASHINGTON - Six states that allow marijuana use legal tests to determine driving while impaired by the drug that have no scientific basis, according to a study by the nation's largest automobile club that calls for scrapping those laws.
- Workers allege safety problems at auto glass manufacturer Updated: May-09-16 5:15 pm
MORAINE, Ohio - Employees alleging unsafe work conditions at an automotive glass manufacturing plant have requested an expanded investigation there in a complaint with the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Grant to fund 10 electric car charger stations in Lincoln Updated: May-09-16 1:40 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The city of Lincoln is installing 10 charging stations for electric cars as part of a grant program to encourage more residents to buy cars that use alternative fuels.
- Small-car deals abound as US buyers go crazy for SUVs Updated: May-09-16 12:13 pm
DETROIT - Louis Cervi was looking to buy a small car for basic transportation with a monthly payment in the mid-$200 range.