- US agency denies request for Fiat Chrysler investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:21 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators have rejected a request from an advocacy group to investigate power system failures in almost 5 million Fiat Chrysler vehicles that potentially could cause stalling and other problems.
- Fiat Chrysler settlement with gov't could prove costly Updated: Jul-27-15 11:29 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler could be required to lay out billions of dollars to get potentially defective Ram pickups and older Jeeps off the road under a deal with safety regulators to settle claims that the automaker mishandled nearly two dozen recalls.
- Cops: Minivan doesn't yield to parade, damages antique car Updated: Jul-27-15 9:08 am
HAMILTON, Ohio - Police are investigating after an antique car was involved in a weekend accident during a classic car parade in southwestern Ohio.
- Gov't: Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back 500,000 pickups Updated: Jul-27-15 12:38 am
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back from customers more than 500,000 Ram pickup trucks and other vehicles in the biggest such action in U.S. history as part of a costly deal with safety regulators to settle legal problems in about two dozen recalls.
- Vettel has Bianchi on his mind after matching Senna's mark Updated: Jul-26-15 1:11 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - On the day he equaled Brazilian great Ayrton Senna's feat of 41 race wins with a brilliant drive at Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel's thoughts went to Jules Bianchi and his family.
- Ne-Yo, Monica to perform at Car and Bike Show in Atlanta Updated: Jul-25-15 9:07 am
ATLANTA - Some of music's top acts will be performing at the 12th annual Car and Bike Show in Atlanta.
- Man's obsession with cars shows with him having owned 200 Updated: Jul-24-15 4:19 pm
NEW PALESTINE, Indiana - Most boys put their toy cars away once they're grown.
- Race is on to make the best electric car in the valley Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 am
LAS VEGAS - Long before Tesla announced plans to build a $5 billion electric battery factory near Reno, a local group for years had been tracking the quiet rev of the electric car industry in and around the valley.
- Home, auto insurance rates increased for Ohioans in 2014 Updated: Jul-24-15 4:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohioans saw their homeowners' and auto insurance rates increase last year, though they're still getting a good deal.
- Dallas police, firefighters, bystanders lift car, save woman Updated: Jul-23-15 1:46 pm
DALLAS - Dallas emergency responders and bystanders joined forces to lift a car from a motorcycle rider who was trapped following a traffic accident.
- 2-day celebration planned to mark Detroit's 314th birthday Updated: Jul-23-15 4:08 am
DETROIT - A two-day celebration is planned at the Detroit Historical Museum to mark the city's 314th birthday.
- Jaguar brings sexy and sporty back with its 2016 F-Type Updated: Jul-22-15 12:32 pm
Jaguar has made its sexy F-Type even sportier and more seductive for 2016, with a manual transmission, surprisingly precise electric steering and new standard equipment including a 770-watt sound system from British high-performance audio maker Meridian.
- 1936 Packard restored with help of Carrollton Township man Updated: Jul-21-15 6:59 am
CARROLLTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Picture yourself as a wealthy socialite in the 1930s.
- Cost of insurance forcing many in Detroit to 'drive dirty' Updated: Jul-20-15 2:05 pm
DETROIT - Like most Americans, the drivers of Detroit are required to carry auto insurance whenever they get behind the wheel, but many law-abiding residents can't afford the Motor City's highest-in-the-nation auto premiums, which top $5,000 a year in some neighborhoods.
- Flying Beetle food truck takes off in Russellville Updated: Jul-19-15 9:10 am
RUSSELLVILLE, Alabama - Hugh Bui and Andrew Nix stand in their custom-built kitchen and discuss ideas and menu options for the following day.
- Lincoln man killed after being pinned under Model T Ford Updated: Jul-18-15 6:17 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 69-year-old Lincoln man has died after being pinned under the Model T Ford he was working on in Firth.
- Loan program works to help Nebraska families get cars Updated: Jul-18-15 10:22 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The daughter's trip to the orthodontist? Not going to happen.
- GOP bill would undermine auto, rail safety regulations Updated: Jul-16-15 6:45 pm
WASHINGTON - At a time of record auto recalls and high-profile train wrecks, Republicans are working on legislation to roll back safety regulation of the auto and railroad industries.
- 2015 Ford F-150 is newly refined, best on gas and hauling Updated: Jul-15-15 12:54 pm
America's favorite truck, the Ford F-Series, was revamped from top to bottom for 2015, and the handsomely styled result shows how far pickups have come from their rough-riding and utilitarian past.
- Honda settles discrimination claims with Justice Department Updated: Jul-14-15 5:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Honda reached a settlement Tuesday to resolve allegations that the company discriminated against minority car buyers by marking up interest rates on loans, a practice industry experts describe as common because of the discretion given to individual dealerships.
- Second company probed for air bag inflator malfunctions Updated: Jul-14-15 3:18 pm
DETROIT - The problem of exploding air bags could be widening beyond Japanese manufacturer Takata Corp.
- Auto safety chief says Florida at risk for problem air bags Updated: Jul-14-15 1:10 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The head of the federal government's auto safety agency says around three-quarters of ruptured air bags the agency has tested are coming from Florida.
- Ossipee Fair taking over Hiram, Maine, this weekend Updated: Jul-11-15 8:14 am
HIRAM, Maine - The Ossipee Valley Fair is taking over the little Oxford County town of Hiram this weekend with livestock events, truck shows and music.
- Critics say Senate bill would weaken rental car, rail safety Updated: Jul-10-15 3:47 am
WASHINGTON - A transportation bill introduced by a Senate committee chairman would allow car rental companies to rent recalled vehicles that haven't been repaired and eliminate any hard deadline for railroads to start using long-sought technology that automatically stops trains to prevent crashes, safety advocates say.
- 2 visions emerge for getting self-driving cars on road Updated: Jul-09-15 1:04 pm
DETROIT - Two competing visions could determine how you first experience a driverless car.