- Obama, Xi discuss NKorea amid signs of rocket launch preps Updated: Feb-05-16 4:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The presidents of the U.S. and China agreed Friday that a planned rocket launch by North Korea would violate U.N. sanctions, the White House said, amid signs the isolated nation was moving closer to blastoff.
- Woman injured by speeding wrong-way SUV in Brooklyn Updated: Feb-05-16 7:03 am
NEW YORK - A woman who was walking her dog when she was struck by a speeding wrong-way driver is hospitalized in serious but stable condition.
- There are options for those who hate haggling to buy a car Updated: Feb-04-16 11:41 am
DETROIT - Haggling over a car price isn't always a bargain. There are head-scratching discount offers and long waits while the salesperson checks with their manager, among the many horror stories.
- Scion brand taught Toyota what young buyers really want Updated: Feb-03-16 4:51 pm
DETROIT - Toyota is killing its youth-oriented Scion brand after learning an important lesson: Young buyers simply want Toyotas.
- 2016 Kia Sedona's warranty, insides make it must-see minivan Updated: Feb-03-16 3:34 pm
With the best warranty coverage of any minivan and an award-winning and inviting interior, the 2016 Kia Sedona is a must-see for anyone looking to buy a spacious and comfortable family ride.
- Toyota recalls 320,000 trucks and SUVs for air bag problem Updated: Feb-02-16 6:22 pm
DETROIT - Toyota is recalling about 320,000 trucks and SUVs because the roof-mounted air bags can inflate without a crash.
- Truck renovation keeps wheelchair-bound owner on circuit Updated: Feb-02-16 5:05 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - Every detail was personalized and agonized over.
- Work moves ahead on Pontiac race track, car condominiums Updated: Feb-01-16 8:13 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - The site of a former General Motors factory in Pontiac is being transformed into a private playground for car enthusiasts with a race track and car condominiums.
- Feds settle used car safety complaints with GM and 2 dealers Updated: Jan-28-16 4:04 pm
DETROIT - General Motors and two dealer groups have settled complaints from the Federal Trade Commission that they touted the safety of used cars in advertising yet sold the cars without making recall repairs.
- Lexus IS gets its first turbocharged engine for 2016 Updated: Jan-27-16 1:32 pm
The Lexus IS got its first turbocharged engine in 2016, making the luxury brand's smallest and least expensive sedan more powerful and fuel efficient.
- Kenny Chesney, KISS to headline 51st North Dakota State Fair Updated: Jan-26-16 6:52 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Country superstar Kenny Chesney and rock legend KISS will headline the grandstand acts at this summer's North Dakota State Fair.
- Detroit auto show draws more than 815,000 visitors Updated: Jan-25-16 5:26 am
DETROIT - Organizers say there were more than 815,000 visitors to the North American International Auto Show this year.
- Weekend storm economic hit not as bad as feared Updated: Jan-24-16 8:15 pm
The weekend blizzard along the East Coast could have a relatively small economic impact - up to $850 million, experts estimate - because the storm hit on a weekend and there weren't any major power outages. That meant there was little lost productivity in government and business.
- Designer makes gowns out of car interior material Updated: Jan-22-16 9:07 pm
DETROIT - One auto supplier is taking the term "ready to wear" to a whole new level.
- Detroit's Cobo Center considers another possible expansion Updated: Jan-22-16 5:25 am
DETROIT - Downtown Detroit's Cobo Center is considering another possible major expansion and is taking steps to shore up its funding.
- Van Gogh exhibition in Chicago to feature bedroom paintings Updated: Jan-21-16 5:16 am
CHICAGO - A Chicago exhibition next month will mark the first time in North America that three versions of a famous Vincent Van Gogh painting will be shown together.
- Obama tours auto show, pledges help for Flint's water crisis Updated: Jan-20-16 8:31 pm
DETROIT - President Barack Obama on Wednesday hailed the revival of the nation's auto industry while acknowledging the water crisis in nearby Flint, Michigan, saying the detection of high levels of lead serve as a reminder that the government can't shortchange basic services.
- Honda's popular Civic gets successful overhaul for 2016 Updated: Jan-20-16 1:44 pm
The Civic has been a best-seller in America for decades, but that didn't stop Honda from overhauling the sedan for 2016. The results: more room, features and power than ever, including the option of Honda's first turbo engine in a U.S. model.
- Who's your co-pilot? Pope's Fiat going up for auction Updated: Jan-20-16 10:55 am
PHILADELPHIA - One of the two Fiats used by Pope Francis during his September visit to Philadelphia is going up for auction.
- Feds probe complaints that Ford Focus doors won't latch Updated: Jan-20-16 9:53 am
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators have opened an investigation into complaints that doors won't latch properly on about 400,000 Ford Focus compact cars, including some reports that the doors have opened while the cars are moving.
- Lego model of Detroit's Renaissance Center makes debut Updated: Jan-19-16 1:35 pm
DETROIT - A 6-foot-tall model of downtown Detroit's Renaissance Center that's built of Legos is on display at the North American International Auto Show.
- Obama plans to visit with Detroit residents during trip Updated: Jan-19-16 5:47 am
DETROIT - President Barack Obama is expected to visit a Detroit neighborhood and talk with residents during his trip to the city.
- Dogs get their night at Grand Rapids Griffins hockey game Updated: Jan-18-16 4:32 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Dogs got their night at the Grand Rapids Griffins hockey game.
- Officer injured, man killed in undercover prostitution sting Updated: Jan-16-16 12:19 pm
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - Authorities say an undercover officer has been injured and a suspect killed in an exchange of gunfire during a Detroit-area prostitution sting.
- North American International Auto Show opens to public Updated: Jan-16-16 11:09 am
DETROIT - The North American International Auto Show has opened to the public following a week of previews for the press, industry officials and others.