- Nepalis adapt to fuel shortage by carpooling, riding bikes Updated: Oct-03-15 1:56 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - India's unofficial blockade of Nepal has put a crunch on this Himalayan nation, with cars lining up for miles around gasoline stations, schools shutting down, vegetables in short supply and taxis charging four times the normal fare.
- Anti-India anger in Nepal as essential supplies dry up Updated: Oct-01-15 10:14 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal feels like it is being choked. It's running out of gasoline. Medical supplies are becoming scarce. All because of an unofficial economic blockade imposed by neighboring India from where Nepal gets almost all its essential supplies.
- Baltimore police arrest pastor a week after Gray protests Updated: Sep-10-15 9:43 am
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore pastor has been arrested a week after police say he blocked traffic while protesting during pre-trial hearings in the Freddie Gray case.
- Doctor in blockaded Gaza makes stethoscope with 3-D printer Updated: Sep-10-15 5:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A Palestinian-Canadian doctor has created a low-cost stethoscope using a 3-D printer, the first in a series of inventions he hopes will help alleviate medical supply shortages caused by an eight-year blockade on the Gaza Strip.
- French farmers stage 1,000-strong tractor protest in Paris Updated: Sep-03-15 10:19 am
PARIS - More than 1,000 tractors - and a few cows - descended on Paris on Thursday in a boisterous protest by farmers who blocked highways to express their anger over falling prices for their goods and high taxes.