- Israel deports Gaza flotilla activists Updated: Jun-30-15 2:56 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel has deported a group of pro-Palestinian activists, including a former Tunisian president, who tried to breach its naval blockade of the Gaza Strip.
- A year after Gaza war, Hamas entrenched as frustration grows Updated: Jun-30-15 7:38 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Emad Firi is angry. During last summer's Israel-Hamas war, a shell slammed through the roof of his house and shredded his right leg. Unable to work, Firi's son now drives his taxi but the family struggles to survive.
- French protest blocks Calais port, disrupts Channel traffic Updated: Jun-29-15 11:56 am
CALAIS, France - French ferry workers angry over possible job losses are disrupting the port of Calais and traffic across the English Channel.
- Kayak protesters detained after trying to stop Shell oil rig Updated: Jun-16-15 3:31 am
SEATTLE - The U.S. Coast Guard says it temporarily detained two dozen protesters who formed a blockade with kayaks and other vessels as Royal Dutch Shell's drill rig left Seattle on its way to explore for oil in the Arctic Ocean.
- Palestinian poll shows discontent with Hamas, Gaza war Updated: Jun-09-15 12:11 pm
JERUSALEM - Gaza residents are unhappy with the territory's Islamic militant Hamas rulers and by its war with Israel last summer, a new Palestinian poll released Tuesday shows.
- In Gaza Strip, fish farms bring relief to seafood lovers Updated: Jun-09-15 10:36 am
KHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip - The Gaza Strip, with a 40-kilometer (25-mile) Mediterranean coastline, was always known for its seafood until Israel restricted the fishing area.
- Hartford police arrest 17 people during rush-hour protest Updated: Jun-09-15 7:41 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say they arrested 17 protesters who blocked a major downtown street while calling for changes to the justice system, schools and housing.