- Greek police evacuate hundreds from Idomeni refugee camp Updated: May-24-16 6:37 am
IDOMENI, Greece - Greek authorities sent hundreds of police into the country's largest informal refugee camp Tuesday to support the gradual evacuation of the Idomeni site on the Macedonian border.
- Fuel blockades lead to shortages in Paris, police action Updated: May-23-16 2:09 pm
FOS-SUR-MER, France - Behind a barricade of flaming tires, striking workers in front of the Fos-sur-Mer oil depot are standing firm, playing the accordion - and slowly draining France of its fuel.
- Chile says it has struck deal with fishermen to end protests Updated: May-20-16 6:50 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Chilean government says it has reached a deal with small-scale fishermen who had blocked access to the Chiloe archipelago after a toxic algal bloom put their livelihoods at risk.
- French labor unrest: Tear gas, blocked roads, president firm Updated: May-17-16 2:26 pm
PARIS - Tear gas briefly choked a Left Bank neighborhood and truckers blocked highways in Provence and Normandy in new tensions over a French labor bill Tuesday - but the president insisted that he won't abandon the contested reform.
- Gov. Doug Ducey signs bill inspired by Trump protest Updated: May-16-16 5:57 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has signed a measure that increases penalties for people who block access to political campaign events.
- Gazans say Jordan restricting movement Updated: May-16-16 2:37 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Gazans who endured a border blockade by neighboring Egypt and Israel for almost a decade thought they were finally catching a break when Israel slightly eased restrictions on travel from the Hamas-ruled territory in recent months.
- Strikes to hit road, rail and air transport in France Updated: May-16-16 9:30 am
PARIS - Lorry drivers are expected to put up roadblocks around France's major cities, and unions are calling for a strike on the Paris subway Tuesday to reject a hotly contested labor reform.
- Nepal ethnic protesters clash with police for 2nd day Updated: May-16-16 2:45 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Supporters of ethnic minority groups demanding changes in Nepal's new constitution clashed with police Monday and blocked main streets near the prime minister's office, as their newly started protests entered their second day.
- Chinese artist Ai Weiwei travels to Gaza for refugee project Updated: May-11-16 9:27 am
RAFAH, Gaza Strip - Chinese dissident artist Ai Weiwei is visiting the Gaza Strip as part of a documentary he is making about Middle East refugees.
- Cuban minister: US blockade of island a Cold War 'iceberg' Updated: May-10-16 10:31 am
BERLIN - Cuba's foreign minister says the United States' embargo of his country is a lingering "iceberg of the Cold War" that needs to be lifted unconditionally.
- 3 protesters arrested as Trump campaigns in Washington Updated: May-07-16 9:29 pm
LYNDEN, Washington - Donald Trump spent a second day in the Northwest on Saturday, telling supporters he will win Washington state in November and decrying manufacturing job losses as protesters gathered outside both venues.
- The Latest: 3 Trump protesters arrested in Washington Updated: May-07-16 9:12 pm
LYNDEN, Washington - The Latest on Donald Trump campaign rallies in Washington state (all times local):
- Anarchists clash with police near Austrian border Updated: May-07-16 12:50 pm
MILAN - Dozens of hooded anarchists clashed Saturday with riot police who blocked their approach to the Austrian border during a protest against plans to tighten border controls to prevent the passage of migrants.
- Trump Rally prompts tougher law for blocking traffic Updated: May-07-16 6:08 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Legislature has passed a bill prompted by protesters who blocked roads before a March rally for Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Mexico arrests 73, breaks up highway blockade Updated: Apr-29-16 4:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican police have arrested 73 people after breaking up a protest by taxi drivers that blocked the main highway leading from Mexico City to Acapulco.
- The Latest: Hundreds turned away from Trump rally in OC Updated: Apr-29-16 12:56 am
COSTA MESA, California - The Latest on the scene outside Donald Trump's rally in Southern California (all times local):