- Cambodia sending students home early to cope with heat wave Updated: May-02-16 9:19 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia has shortened the school day by one hour to help students cope with a heat wave that has pushed temperatures as high as 42 degrees Celsius (107.6 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Parts of India ban daytime cooking as hundreds die of heat Updated: Apr-29-16 8:27 pm
PATNA, India - With sizzling temperatures claiming more than 300 lives this month in India, officials said they were banning daytime cooking in some parts of the drought-stricken country in a bid to prevent accidental fires that have killed nearly 80 more people.
- Thailand is used to hot Aprils, but not this hot! Updated: Apr-27-16 6:53 am
BANGKOK - Animals at Bangkok's zoo are being fed special frozen fruit pops. People are flocking to shopping malls just to soak up the air-conditioning. Authorities are telling people to stay out of the blazing sun to avoid heat stroke.
- Heat wave kills more than 160 in southern, eastern India Updated: Apr-20-16 9:15 am
HYDERABAD, India - Weeks of sweltering temperatures have caused more than 160 deaths in southern and eastern India, officials said Tuesday, warning that any relief from monsoon rains was still likely weeks away.
- Earth's hot streak continues for a record 11 months Updated: Apr-19-16 1:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth's record monthly heat streak has hit 11 months in a row - a record in itself.
- Southern California's spring heat wave continues Updated: Apr-18-16 6:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Southern California simmered in a spring heat wave again Monday.
- Record spring hit hits San Francisco Bay Area Updated: Apr-06-16 10:39 am
OAKLAND, California - A handful of spring heat records are expected to be broken on Wednesday but then temperatures will fall and the weekend is forecast to be wet.
- Hawaii lawmakers push for relief from hot classrooms Updated: Apr-06-16 1:14 am
HONOLULU - Most of Hawaii's public schools don't have air conditioning, and record-high temperatures have left teachers and students saying they can't focus because of the heat.