- Heat wave expected in SF Bay Area by weeks end Updated: May-31-16 9:44 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A brief heat wave is expected in the San Francisco Bay Area by week's end.
- Heat warning in effect this weekend Updated: May-31-16 5:51 am
PHOENIX - Arizona's triple-digit temperatures could reach 114 degrees this weekend leading the National Weather Service to issue an excessive heat warning.
- Western Indian state tries to cope with record heat wave Updated: May-21-16 10:28 am
NEW DELHI - Authorities in a parched western Indian state sprinkled water in the streets and awaited the arrival of a special water train on Saturday, two days after temperatures reached a record-high 51 degrees Celsius (124 Fahrenheit).
- Judge to decide if death-row inmates need air conditioning Updated: May-20-16 7:44 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - As summer approaches in Louisiana, prison officials insist that ice, fans and cold showers are enough to protect death-row inmates from dangerous heat and humidity.
- UN alarmed by 12th straight global monthly heat record Updated: May-20-16 9:47 am
BERLIN - The United Nations has expressed alarm after scientists recorded the 12th straight global monthly heat record in a row.
- Stuck on hot: Earth breaks 12th straight monthly heat record Updated: May-18-16 11:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth's heat is stuck on high.
- Report: California will have enough power for summer months Updated: May-18-16 5:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - California generally has enough electricity on tap to keep air conditioners humming this summer, but a heat wave could leave millions of Southern Californians without power in the aftermath of a huge natural gas well blowout, the state's power-grid operator warned Wednesday.
- Suit: Man 'cooked alive' by building's faulty heating system Updated: May-06-16 11:37 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - An 82-year-old man was "cooked alive" by a faulty heating system in the senior apartment building where he lived, a family said in a lawsuit against the building's management company.
- Cambodia sending students home early to cope with heat wave Updated: May-02-16 9:19 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia has shortened the school day by one hour to help students cope with a heat wave that has pushed temperatures as high as 42 degrees Celsius (107.6 degrees Fahrenheit).