- LI varsity football player critical after heatstroke Updated: Aug-21-15 5:46 am
STONY BROOK, New York - A Long Island high school varsity football player is hospitalized in critical condition after suffering a heatstroke during practice.
- Feeling the heat: Earth in July was hottest month on record Updated: Aug-20-15 3:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth just keeps getting hotter. July was the planet's warmest month on record, smashing old marks, U.S. weather officials said.
- Near-record heat expected in southern Nevada, Arizona Updated: Aug-18-15 5:06 am
LAS VEGAS - Forecasters say near-record temperatures are expected in parts of southern Nevada and northern Arizona over the coming days, and they have issued an excessive heat warning through Wednesday night.
- High pressure system cranks up the heat across the West Updated: Aug-15-15 8:58 pm
PHOENIX - Much of the West was smothered in a blanket of heat Saturday with triple-digit temperatures hitting Phoenix, Los Angeles and other cities.
- Heat is on as Phoenix's high is a record-setting 117 degrees Updated: Aug-14-15 9:16 pm
PHOENIX - An excessive heat warning in the Phoenix metropolitan area has been extended until Sunday in the wake of record-breaking temperatures.
- Death toll in Egypt's scorching heat wave rises to over 60 Updated: Aug-12-15 6:43 am
CAIRO - Egypt's state news agency says 21 more people have died due to a scorching heat wave, raising this week's death toll to more than 60.
- Heat wave in Poland causing electricity shortage, drought Updated: Aug-10-15 9:13 am
WARSAW, Poland - A heat wave in Poland on Monday forced the national supplier to cut electricity to factories for several hours, and Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz appealed to people to save energy during the day.
- Most of Alabama under heat advisories Monday Updated: Aug-10-15 6:31 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Heat advisories cover most of Alabama, as temperatures are expected to rise into the upper 90s in many parts of the state.
- NWS issues excessive heat warning Updated: Aug-09-15 3:11 pm
NEW ORLEANS - An excessive heat warning remains in effect for southeast Louisiana and southern Mississippi.
- Excessive heat warnings issued from Oklahoma to Mississippi Updated: Aug-08-15 6:55 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The National Weather Service has issued excessive heat warnings for a large area that includes parts of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Venezuela's top beer scarce amid heat wave Updated: Aug-07-15 7:14 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelans are facing the prospect of a heat wave without their favorite beer, the latest indignity in a country that has seen shortages of everything from disposable diapers to light bulbs.
- Heat advisory issued for northeastern South Carolina Updated: Aug-05-15 7:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Dangerous heat is back in South Carolina.
- Weather agency: July was hottest month on record in Spain Updated: Aug-05-15 7:34 am
MADRID - Spain's national weather agency says July was the country's hottest month on record.
- Excessive heat warning issued for parts of Arizona Updated: Aug-04-15 9:26 am
PHOENIX - Much of south-central and southwestern Arizona is likely to see hotter temperatures over the next two days.
- July sets record for hottest temperatures in Salem Updated: Aug-03-15 6:14 am
SALEM, Oregon - If you felt like July was even hotter than usual, you were right. The National Weather Service says last month was Salem's hottest July on record.