- Denver hits 89 degrees, breaking 130-year-old heat record Updated: Sep-21-15 10:22 pm
DENVER - The National Weather Service says Denver hit 89 degrees Monday, breaking a 130-year-old heat record.
- Earth's record streak of record heat keeps on sizzling Updated: Sep-17-15 12:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth's record-breaking heat is sounding an awful lot like a broken record.
- Hawaii schools get more air conditioners in record hot year Updated: Sep-15-15 9:23 pm
HONOLULU - Education officials in Hawaii are hoping some portable air conditioners will cool the state's sweltering classrooms.
- Extra water, cooling tents set for UNR game in heat wave Updated: Sep-11-15 6:16 pm
RENO, Nevada - Officials at the University of Nevada, Reno say they're hauling in extra water and expanding the number of cooling tents at Mackay Stadium for Saturday's football game against No. 22 Arizona when temperatures are forecast to push into the mid-90s.
- Heat blankets California, mixed with lightning, storms Updated: Sep-10-15 8:12 pm
LOS ANGELES - Much of California simmered in a stew of high heat and humidity on Thursday, bringing thunderstorms, causing power outages and leaving some school kids in overheated classrooms.
- Southern New England sees rare September heat wave Updated: Sep-09-15 8:18 pm
BOSTON - Southern New England sweltered through a third day of 90-degree temperatures, setting daily records in Boston and Hartford in the first September heat wave since 1983.
- Heat wave prompts air quality alert, early school dismissals Updated: Sep-09-15 10:43 am
SAN JOSE, California - Some San Jose schools are letting students out early amid a heat wave and an air quality alert.