- Outdoor workers have various strategies to beat the heat Updated: Jul-30-15 4:06 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - It's hard enough having to work outside in the heat of summer, but Robert Carpenter has to do it standing over a smoking hot, 10-foot steel cylinder. He's the pit master at The Grille, a Memphis to-go restaurant that specializes in chicken-on-a-stick and chicken wings.
- Iraqis take mandatory day off as heat wave smothers Mideast Updated: Jul-30-15 8:07 am
BAGHDAD - Iraqis have a mandatory day off as temperatures soar above 50 degrees Celsius (123 F), part of a heat wave enveloping much of the already scorching Middle East.
- Excessive heat warning remains for parts of New Jersey Updated: Jul-30-15 6:01 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Thunderstorms are expected to punctuate the hazy, hot and humid conditions that continue to blanket New Jersey.
- De Blasio urges New Yorkers to be careful during heat wave Updated: Jul-29-15 1:07 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio is warning New Yorkers to take precautions during the heat wave that has gripped the nation's largest city.
- Heat warning issued for Philadelphia, suburbs Updated: Jul-29-15 6:17 am
PHILADELPHIA - Hazy, hot and humid conditions are blanketing Philadelphia and its suburbs.
- Iraqi government declares 4-day holiday over severe heatwave Updated: Jul-29-15 5:58 am
BAGHDAD - Iraq's Council of Ministers has declared a four-day mandatory holiday beginning Thursday as temperatures are set to soar above 50 degrees Celsius (123 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Heat warning for West Tennessee, parts Arkansas, Mississippi Updated: Jul-28-15 6:37 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Weather officials have issued an excessive heat advisory for eastern Arkansas, northwest Mississippi and West Tennessee.
- Residents say sweltering heat persists at Atlanta apartments Updated: Jul-28-15 7:50 am
ATLANTA - Residents of an Atlanta apartment building say the sweltering heat inside is continuing, despite assurances from the building's managers that the air conditioning has been fixed.
- Weather service says excessive heat expected in Arkansas Updated: Jul-26-15 6:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A heat warning has been issued for several counties in eastern Arkansas and a heat advisory is in effect for the remainder of the state - both through Monday evening.
- Swiss army moo-ves out to keep cows cool during heat wave Updated: Jul-21-15 8:58 am
BERLIN - Cows sizzling under Switzerland's summer sun are getting help from an unexpected ally: the Swiss army.
- Dangerous heat over central, coastal North Carolina Updated: Jul-21-15 7:07 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - It will be dangerously hot across much of central and eastern North Carolina.
- Dangerous heat in central, coastal South Carolina Updated: Jul-21-15 6:34 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Dangerous heat is expected over much of South Carolina.
- Heat wave expected to continue, prompting new heat advisory Updated: Jul-21-15 6:32 am
ATLANTA - Forecasters say they expect a heat wave to continue in Georgia, prompting a heat advisory that covers much of the state.
- Another month, another global heat record broken - by far Updated: Jul-20-15 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Earth dialed the heat up in June, smashing warm temperature records for both the month and the first half of the year.
- Severe heat wave hits the Balkans Updated: Jul-20-15 12:34 pm
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina - Authorities in the Balkan countries say people have been collapsing on the streets amid a heat wave that have seen temperatures in the region reach 40 Celsius (104 Fahrenheit).
- Dangerous heat over eastern North Carolina Updated: Jul-20-15 9:46 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Dangerous heat is again a threat over much of North Carolina.
- Excessive heat warning issued for Philadelphia, other areas Updated: Jul-20-15 5:56 am
PHILADELPHIA - Hazy, hot and humid conditions continue throughout the Philadelphia region.
- Hazy, hot and humid weather continues in New Jersey Updated: Jul-20-15 5:53 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It's the second day of hazy, hot and humid conditions across New Jersey.
- Excessive heat, humidity scorches New Jersey Updated: Jul-19-15 11:22 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - High humidity and temperatures in the 90s are creating brutal weather conditions in most of New Jersey.
- Italian heat wave: Pope hails courage of those braving heat Updated: Jul-19-15 8:14 am
VATICAN CITY - Rome's heat wave is dragging into its third week, so Pope Francis was especially appreciative of the tens of thousands of Romans and tourists who braved the noontime sun to see him.
- Heat wave continues in Hilo Updated: Jul-18-15 3:19 pm
HILO, Hawaii - A record-breaking heat wave that began in late June is keeping things sweltering in East Hawaii.
- Forecasters issue heat advisory for parts of Oklahoma Updated: Jul-18-15 1:32 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory covering much of the state through the weekend.
- Forecasters issue heat advisory throughout western Ohio Updated: Jul-18-15 3:38 am
CINCINNATI - National Weather Service forecasters say western Ohio and some central parts of the state will be under a weekend heat advisory.
- Health commissioner warns Artscape visitors about heat Updated: Jul-17-15 2:57 pm
BALTIMORE - With hundreds of thousands of people expected to enjoy Artscape, Baltimore's health commissioner is warning them to be careful in the heat.
- Heat advisory remains in effect for much of Alabama Updated: Jul-14-15 9:32 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Forecasters are warning Alabama residents about oppressive heat and humidity.