- Tornado topples trees, snaps power lines near Wilmington Updated: May-06-16 6:54 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service says a tornado struck northern New Hanover County, uprooting trees and damaging some homes.
- Weather service confirms weak tornado in western Indiana Updated: May-04-16 6:40 am
LINDEN, Indiana - The National Weather Service has confirmed a weak tornado touched down briefly in western Indiana on Sunday.
- More than 200 East Texas homes damaged, destroyed in storms Updated: May-03-16 2:34 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - More than 200 homes in East Texas were damaged or destroyed during last weekend's tornadoes and deadly flooding.
- Weather Service to re-enact deadly 1991 tornado outbreak Updated: May-02-16 7:50 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - National Weather Service branches in Wichita and Tulsa, Oklahoma, are re-enacting a deadly 1991 tornado outbreak on social media a week after the threat of nasty weather forced them to postpone a similar exercise.
- Tornado tally from Oklahoma, Arkansas storms grows to 9 Updated: May-02-16 10:10 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Meteorologists have identified tornado damage in Muskogee County nearly a week after a string of at least nine weak tornados across northeastern Oklahoma and Arkansas.
- Storms prompt tornado warnings in Illinois, Indiana Updated: May-01-16 9:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Meteorologists are warning strong storms could bring large hail and tornadoes to parts of Illinois and Indiana.
- Weather Service confirms Saturday St. Landry Parish tornado Updated: May-01-16 2:49 pm
DUPONT, Louisiana - The National Weather Service confirms that a tornado hit rural parts of northern St. Landry Parish and southern Avoyelles Parish on Saturday.
- Life after storm: Survivors recall 2011 tornado outbreak Updated: Apr-30-16 10:11 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Each year on April 27, at precisely 4:05 p.m., the Guzman family performs a solemn ritual, releasing pink, purple and lime-green balloons in memory of Aurelia Guzman.
- Tornado damages buildings in East Texas Updated: Apr-29-16 9:05 pm
DALLAS - A tornado in East Texas caused severe damage and left some people injured Friday evening, as storms snaked their way across northern and eastern Texas and southern Oklahoma.
- The Latest: East Texas struck by tornadoes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:54 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Latest on severe weather in the central U.S. (all times local):
- Service confirms 2nd, weaker tornado touched down in Omaha Updated: Apr-29-16 11:53 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says it's confirmed that a second, weaker tornado touched down briefly in northwest Omaha.
- Omaha Public Schools to review severe weather guidelines Updated: Apr-29-16 11:00 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools says it's reviewing its severe weather procedures after parents were told they couldn't take shelter inside an elementary school during a tornado warning.
- Tornado damages barn, 2 homes northwest of Indianapolis Updated: Apr-28-16 6:01 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say a tornado damaged two homes and a metal barn northwest of Indianapolis.
- After fanfare, forecasters review talk of storm 'outbreak' Updated: Apr-28-16 1:19 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - After warning for days about violent storms that could rake the central U.S. with huge hail, high winds and strong tornadoes, forecasters will review whether the messages they sent were appropriate for severe weather that some considered a "bust" because the tornadoes that did develop were small.
- Weather service says EF-1 tornado struck north of Evansville Updated: Apr-28-16 12:31 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The National Weather Service says an EF-1 tornado with peak winds of 100 mph carved a 7½-mile path north of Evansville.
- Powerful storms threaten Louisiana, parts of Deep South Updated: Apr-27-16 1:20 pm
ATLANTA - Parts of Louisiana were under a severe thunderstorm watch Wednesday as storms began firing up over parts of the Deep South.
- Tornado outbreak, 5 years later: Piecing lives back together Updated: Apr-27-16 11:57 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - On April 27, 2011, a series of tornadoes killed hundreds of people, injured thousands and reduced countless buildings to rubble across a swath of the U.S.
- Weather Service surveys damage from Kansas tornado Updated: Apr-25-16 1:39 pm
MUNDEN, Kansas - The National Weather Service is surveying damage from a northern Kansas tornado that left two people with minor injuries, damaged about 10 homes and destroyed a trailer.
- Storms push into Kansas; damage reported, at least 2 hurt Updated: Apr-25-16 1:14 am
MUNDEN, Kansas - Storms with high winds and hail have moved into central and northeast Kansas, prompting tornado warnings and injuring at least two people in Republic County.
- No serious damage reported after tornado in Nebraska Updated: Apr-24-16 11:50 pm
SUPERIOR, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says a tornado has touched down in south-central Nebraska, but there are no reports of injuries or serious damage.
- No damage reported after tornado in Minnesota Updated: Apr-24-16 11:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The National Weather Service confirms a tornado has touched down in southern Minnesota.
- How early is too early for word that tornadoes may come? Updated: Apr-23-16 11:02 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Meteorologists are finding something much tougher to forecast than a stormy atmosphere: the human mind.
- Kokomo nonprofit opens new classroom building after tornado Updated: Apr-22-16 1:36 pm
KOKOMO, Indiana - A nonprofit serving people with disabilities has opened a new education and family engagement center that replaces one destroyed by a tornado in 2013.
- Tornado damages barn in central Missouri Updated: Apr-20-16 7:46 am
LADDONIA, Missouri - A tornado has caused minimal damage near the central Missouri community of Laddonia.
- Small Uruguayan city surveys damage after deadly tornado Updated: Apr-16-16 7:17 pm
DOLORES, Uruguay - Residents of this small city in western Uruguay sifted through the remains of their homes and lives on Saturday, a day after a powerful tornado razed buildings, hurled cars into the air and left four people dead and dozens more injured.