- Petal church reopens 3 years after tornado devastation Updated: Feb-08-16 6:27 am
PETAL, Mississippi - Worshippers have returned to their church that was destroyed three years ago by a deadly tornado.
- Alabama governor tours Pickens County tornado damage Updated: Feb-06-16 4:58 pm
ALICEVILLE, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley visited rural west Alabama to discuss the state's response to storms that caused significant damage in several areas.
- Weather service: 4 tornadoes struck Mississippi on Tuesday Updated: Feb-04-16 12:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Residents of eastern Mississippi on Thursday continued to clean up debris from homes, student housing and a small-town Baptist church that were damaged by tornadoes two days earlier.
- Army base: Tornado destroyed vehicles, displaced residents Updated: Feb-04-16 7:21 am
FORT STEWART, Georgia - Military officials at Fort Stewart say numerous vehicles were destroyed and 40 to 50 people were displaced from housing areas when a tornado touched down on the Army base in southeast Georgia.
- The Latest: Suspected tornado damages Army post in Georgia Updated: Feb-03-16 7:20 pm
The Latest on the winter storm system affecting a broad swath of the Midwest and Southern U.S. (all times local):
- National Weather Service: 4 tornadoes struck west Alabama Updated: Feb-03-16 5:36 pm
ALICEVILLE, Alabama - The National Weather Service says at least four tornadoes struck rural areas of western Alabama.
- Tornado strikes Alabama women's prison, damages building Updated: Feb-03-16 12:03 pm
ALICEVILLE, Alabama - Federal authorities say a tornado damaged the administration building of a women's prison in Alabama, but caused no injuries to inmates or the staff.
- Tornadoes in the South; snow in Plains and Upper Midwest Updated: Feb-03-16 2:33 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Tornadoes touched down in Mississippi and Alabama as thunderstorms swept through the area Tuesday, while a powerful snowstorm buried parts of Colorado and Nebraska in more than a foot of snow before crawling into the Upper Midwest.
- Tornado damage to homes, trees reported in western Alabama Updated: Feb-02-16 7:42 pm
ALICEVILLE, Alabama - A large tornado reported in rural western Alabama left a trail of damage Tuesday evening as powerful storms moved into the state.
- The Latest: Damage reported in Aliceville, storm moving east Updated: Feb-02-16 7:03 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Latest on severe weather in Alabama (all times local):
- The Latest: Student housing at community college damaged Updated: Feb-02-16 7:00 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on severe weather in Mississippi (all times local):
- Tornado watch canceled for several eastern Arkansas counties Updated: Feb-02-16 6:27 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Forecasters have canceled a tornado watch for several eastern Arkansas counties, while the western part of the state is at risk for wildfires.
- Full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual budget address Updated: Feb-01-16 7:21 pm
The full text of Gov. Bill Haslam's annual State of the State address as prepared for delivery to lawmakers on Monday:
- Tornado tosses vehicle along Florida turnpike Updated: Jan-27-16 7:38 pm
MIAMI - A tornado picked up a southbound vehicle on Florida's Turnpike near Fort Lauderdale Wednesday morning and dropped it in the northbound lane as a line of severe storms hit the area, officials said.
- North Mississippi receives about 2 inches of snow Updated: Jan-22-16 5:26 pm
Call it the tale of two storms: Just as about 2 inches of snow was about to fall in northern Mississippi, two tornadoes tore through parts of south Mississippi.
- NWS: 2 tornadoes confirmed in Lamar, Simpson counties Updated: Jan-22-16 3:32 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest developments of a winter storm that swept through parts of Mississippi (all times local):
- 13th person dies from injuries from Texas tornado outbreak Updated: Jan-19-16 1:01 pm
ROWLETT, Texas - A 13th person has died from injuries from a North Texas tornado outbreak late last month.
- The Latest: 2 people die, 4 children injured in Fla. tornado Updated: Jan-17-16 1:52 pm
DUETTE, Florida - The latest developments in the tornadoes that struck communities in Florida south of Tampa Bay (all times local):
- 2 dead, several injured after severe weather in Florida Updated: Jan-17-16 11:29 am
Severe weather sparked a pair of tornadoes that ripped through central Florida before dawn Sunday, officials said. A couple was killed and their son and four grandchildren were injured when one of the twisters destroyed their mobile home.
- Tornado touches down in southwest Florida, damages homes Updated: Jan-10-16 5:39 pm
CAPE CORAL, Florida - Authorities say a weekend tornado that touched down in southwest Florida with winds up to 135 mph damaged several homes, left thousands without power for a time, but caused no serious injuries or deaths.
- Tornado touches down in southwest Florida, damages homes Updated: Jan-10-16 1:16 pm
CAPE CORAL, Florida - Authorities are assessing the damage after a tornado with winds up to 135 mph touched down in Cape Coral.
- Joplin strongly recovering in both population, business Updated: Jan-09-16 10:26 am
After one of the most destructive tornadoes in U.S. history carved a mile-wide scar through Joplin in 2011 and killed 161 people, some thought the southwest Missouri city would never regain its footing.