- Michigan House OKs bill allowing Flint election to proceed Updated: Jun-03-15 4:09 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Flint's mayoral election could proceed under the terms of legislation that comes after the race was botched when the city clerk provided an incorrect filing deadline.
- Casinos, gubernatorial intrigue could top fall elections Updated: Jun-03-15 1:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The field for the November general elections in New Jersey is set after this week's low-drama primary voting.
- Ex-police chief beats incumbent in Rapid City mayoral race Updated: Jun-03-15 12:14 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former police chief in Rapid City has defeated the boss with whom he regularly clashed to become the city's mayor.
- Burlington City mayor ousted in Republican primary Updated: Jun-03-15 9:37 am
BURLINGTON CITY, New Jersey - A civic activist has unseated the mayor in the Republican primary election in Burlington City.
- Incumbent mayor in Paulsboro loses primary Updated: Jun-03-15 9:09 am
PAULSBORO, New Jersey - A New Jersey mayor who recently pleaded guilty to drunken driving charges has lost a primary as he sought re-election.
- Johnson County attorney leaving for new job in Lincoln Updated: Jun-03-15 9:08 am
TECUMSEH, Nebraska - The Johnson County attorney has announced that she's leaving her elected post for a new job in Lincoln.
- Incumbent loses to challenger in Mitchell mayoral election Updated: Jun-03-15 7:03 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The city of Mitchell is getting new leadership.
- The latest on primaries: Former Menendez aide wins primary Updated: Jun-02-15 9:43 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - 9:35 p.m.
- Judge denies Flint mayoral candidate's bid to get on ballot Updated: Jun-01-15 9:04 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Flint remains without any candidates on the ballot for the Aug. 4 primary after a judge ruled against a City Council member's request to get his name onto it.
- Chicago businessman says he is running for president Updated: Jun-01-15 8:11 pm
CHICAGO - Willie Wilson, the Chicago businessman who came in third in the city's mayoral race earlier this year, says he's running for president of the United States.
- Judge's rewrite of ballot title is final, attorneys argue Updated: Jun-01-15 7:41 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi attorney general's office and attorneys for an Oxford parent say there's no legal right for anyone - including legislators - to appeal a circuit judge's rewriting of a short description for one of the two school funding proposals on the ballot this November.
- 12 percent of eligible voters did so in Indiana primaries Updated: Jun-01-15 5:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Secretary of State Connie Lawson says 12 percent of Indiana residents eligible to vote in the May 5 municipal primary elections cast ballots.
- Indiana high court to weigh Lake County small precinct law Updated: May-31-15 4:22 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Supreme Court will hear oral arguments Thursday over a law that requires Lake County officials to study whether to consolidate election precincts with fewer than 500 active voters.
- Venezuelans mass for year's largest anti-government protests Updated: May-30-15 5:31 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands donned white and took to the streets in cities across the country Saturday in the biggest show of frustration with Venezuela's socialist administration since a wave of bloody anti-government protests a year ago.
- Democrat Leng wins mayoral election in Hamden Updated: May-29-15 7:47 am
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Democrat Curt Balzano Leng has been voted in as mayor of Hamden in a special election.
- Northern California county settles lawsuit with blind voters Updated: May-28-15 12:02 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Blind voters in Alameda County could have an easier time voting in private after settling a lawsuit that allows them to cast push-button secret ballots.
- Many UN council members want Burundi elections postponed Updated: May-27-15 8:12 pm
- Group to submit petition for recall of Ferguson mayor Updated: May-27-15 12:17 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - A group says it has enough signatures to prompt a recall election of Ferguson Mayor James Knowles III.
- Lake Charles City Council to consider new sales tax Updated: May-27-15 10:32 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - Lake Charles Mayor Randy Roach is pushing for a new 15-year, quarter-cent sales tax.
- Spain leader blames austerity, scandals for election result Updated: May-25-15 2:08 pm
MADRID - Spain's prime minister acknowledged Monday he was disappointed with his party's showing in local elections, which he attributed largely to austerity measures his government was compelled to take during Europe's recent debt crisis and a recent string of political scandals.
- Kansas City not putting minimum wage hike on August ballot Updated: May-25-15 12:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City leaders say they hope to decide this summer whether to raise the city's minimum wage, but cautioned any move likely will be less than what local groups have been seeking.
- Reversal of Great Migration? Counties seeing racial shifts Updated: May-23-15 3:14 pm
CONYERS, Georgia - Numerous counties in metro Atlanta have seen a large racial shift this century, akin to a reversal of the 20th century's Great Migration, when millions of African-Americans moved to the North.
- Swetman abandons supervisor re-election bid Updated: May-23-15 10:05 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - Windy Swetman III is pulling out of the Harrison County supervisor race and won't seek re-election.
- Cannady next tax assessor in Madison County Updated: May-22-15 4:50 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - Norman Cannady will be the next tax assessor in Madison County following an opponent's withdrawal from the August primary.
- Democrats seek return to relevance in Tennessee politics Updated: May-21-15 5:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - For a party once accustomed to dominating state politics, the outlook for Tennessee Democrats is bleak.