- Group on track to get term limits on Union County ballot Updated: Nov-27-15 12:49 pm
UNION, Oregon - A group in Union County says it is on track to meet the Feb. 17 deadline to collect more than 627 signatures supporting a ballot measure to limit commissioners' terms.
- Graves Co. to vote on packaged alcohol sales Updated: Nov-26-15 3:11 pm
MAYFIELD, Kentucky - Voters in a western Kentucky county will be deciding early next year whether to allow packaged alcohol sales.
- Black leaders call for Election Day voter registration Updated: Nov-25-15 4:53 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Black Leadership Council is asking the state to allow people to register to vote on Election Day.
- Man elected to Swaledale City Council declines position Updated: Nov-25-15 12:06 pm
SWALEDALE, Iowa - A man who won a tiebreaker in an election for a Swaledale City Council seat has declined the position, saying he doesn't want it.
- Voters in western Wisconsin recall mayor in special election Updated: Nov-25-15 9:13 am
ARCADIA, Wisconsin - Voters in Arcadia have recalled a mayor who had been in charge of the western Wisconsin city for nearly a decade.
- 20 percent of eligible voters did so in Indiana election Updated: Nov-24-15 5:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's municipal general elections drew a combined turnout of 20.5 percent of eligible voters
- Tax for Florida Parishes juvenile detention center fails Updated: Nov-24-15 7:25 am
COVINGTON, Louisiana - The stunning, across-the-board failure of the Florida Parishes Juvenile Justice District's property tax renewal on Saturday leaves the district with few options for keeping open the doors of the north shore's only juvenile detention center.
- Tangipahoa voters consider tax renewals April 9 Updated: Nov-24-15 7:14 am
AMITE, Louisiana - Tangipahoa Parish voters will decide on various property tax renewals in the April 9 election.
- District attorney blocks recall effort against commissioner Updated: Nov-23-15 8:12 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Sedgwick County district attorney on Monday blocked a recall effort against a county commissioner who has faced criticism for his public health budget votes and stance on benefits for people living the country illegally.
- Terre Haute officer's suspension over mayor's race tossed Updated: Nov-23-15 3:53 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - The two-day suspension of a Terre Haute Police Department officer for a Facebook post about the city's mayoral election has been overturned.
- Hope is fading for justice after Philippines' worst massacre Updated: Nov-23-15 8:13 am
MANILA, Philippines - Six years after gunmen flagged down a convoy of cars in the southern Philippine province and massacred all 58 occupants, relatives of the victims said Monday they are losing hope of seeing justice, especially after one of the accused was released on bail.
- Caddo elects 1st black district attorney, prosecutor loses Updated: Nov-22-15 7:07 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - After Democrat James Stewart Sr. was elected district attorney in Caddo Parish, some of his supporters celebrated by donning T-shirts that read, "We made history!"
- Longtime state legislator Martinez won't seek re-election Updated: Nov-20-15 4:30 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Longtime state legislator Ken Martinez says he won't seek re-election and has instead taken a job as the new Bernalillo County attorney.
- Absentee ballots without postmark won't be counted in county Updated: Nov-20-15 3:46 am
AKRON, Ohio - Officials say nearly 900 voters in Summit County in northeast Ohio won't have their absentee ballots counted for the Nov. 3 election because they lacked a postmark.
- Thibodaux Police Department adding patrol officers Updated: Nov-19-15 11:11 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Thibodaux police are looking to hire three new patrol officers ahead of a special election intended to raise money for the city's operating expenses and capital projects.
- President-elect of Lafayette council seeks job applicants Updated: Nov-19-15 7:53 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette City-Parish President-elect Joel Robideaux has put out a call for job applicants, though no information was released on the status of current staff members when he takes office Jan. 4.
- Tucson to ask appeals court for rehearing on elections Updated: Nov-18-15 2:14 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson will ask the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for a rehearing on a ruling that the city's election system is unconstitutional.
- Ex-county assessor convicted of misdemeanor election charges Updated: Nov-18-15 1:52 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A former Orange County assessor has been convicted of filing false nomination papers for a primary re-election bid last year.
- Jury finds former Orleans Parish juvenile judge guilty Updated: Nov-10-15 7:13 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A six-person jury has declared Yolanda King, a former Orleans Parish Juvenile Court judge, guilty of falsifying public records and filing fraudulent campaign documents before her 2013 election.
- Ohio county's elections board sets hearing on poll problems Updated: Nov-10-15 3:02 am
CINCINNATI - A southwest Ohio county's elections board plans to examine what caused problems last week that disrupted some voters' efforts to cast their ballots.
- All-mail-in ballot a winner in California county vote Updated: Nov-08-15 2:23 pm
REDWOOD CITY, California - San Francisco Bay Area officials say they're happy with the first test of an all-mail ballot election.
- Lawyer Elizabeth Embry to run for Baltimore mayor Updated: Nov-06-15 3:36 pm
BALTIMORE - Lawyer Elizabeth Embry has announced that she plans to run for Baltimore mayor.
- Connecticut local election turnout was 32.7 percent Updated: Nov-06-15 11:48 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Turnout for municipal elections in Connecticut continues to be low, with 32.7 percent of registered voters going to the polls earlier this week.
- Tucson red light camera tickets to end sooner than expected Updated: Nov-06-15 11:29 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Tucson drivers who were caught by photo enforcement this week will not have to pay any fines as the City Council has decided to throw out any ticket generated from the cameras after Tuesday.
- Cora Rogers approved as interim Lumberton mayor Updated: Nov-06-15 10:13 am
LUMBERTON, Mississippi - Lumberton now has a new acting mayor, as well as an upcoming meeting to set a special election date for a permanent mayor and possible new alderman.