- Egypt foiled extremist 'state' in Sinai, president says Updated: Jul-04-15 2:37 pm
CAIRO - President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, wearing battle dress for the first time in over a year, said Saturday that Egypt had foiled an attempt by the Islamic State group to seize territory and set up an extremist state with its recent assault on the military in the troubled northeastern part of the Sinai Peninsula.
- Police: Bomb found in car during Missouri traffic stop Updated: Jul-02-15 7:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Missouri man arrested after police said they found an improvised explosive device in his vehicle has previous convictions for drug possession and domestic assault.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- Suicide car bombing kills 20 Syrian troops in Kurdish city Updated: Jun-26-15 3:02 pm
BEIRUT - Syria's official news agency and activists say a suicide bombing has targeted a security building at the northeastern, mostly Kurdish city of Hassakeh.
- Nebraska man pleads guilty to making explosive materials Updated: Jun-23-15 6:31 am
RALSTON, Nebraska - A Ralston man known for his fireworks has pleaded guilty in federal court to manufacturing explosive materials without a license.
- Islamic State-claimed Yemen bombings kill at least 4 people Updated: Jun-17-15 4:22 pm
SANAA, Yemen - A series of Islamic State-claimed bombings in Yemen's rebel-controlled capital killed at least four people and wounded 60 Wednesday night amid the country's raging war.