- Turkey and US-led coalition pound IS group in Syria Updated: May-02-16 2:05 pm
ISTANBUL - The Turkish military said Monday that artillery shelling and drone attacks by the U.S.-led coalition have struck Islamic State positions in Syria and killed a total of 63 militants.
- Turkey: Islamic State behind attack that killed 2 policemen Updated: May-02-16 12:47 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's interior minister says a car bombing that killed two police officers and wounded 22 other people in the southern city of Gaziantep, near Syria, was carried out by militants linked to the Islamic State group.
- Car bomb in southern Turkey kills 2 police officers Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - A car bomb struck the entrance of a Turkish police station Sunday in the southern city of Gaziantep, killing two police officers and wounding 22 other people in a day marred by violence and May Day protests.
- Saudi police capture man wanted for bombing, assassination Updated: May-01-16 1:06 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry says police have arrested a man wanted in connection with a number of terrorist acts, including a suicide bombing that targeted a mosque inside a special forces compound, killing 15 people last year.
- IS claims responsibility for Baghdad bombing that killed 21 Updated: Apr-30-16 6:42 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday east of Baghdad, according to a statement posted on an IS-affiliated website. The attack killed at least 21 people and wounded at least 42 others, according to Iraqi police and hospital officials. The IS statement described the attack as a three-ton truck bombing.
- The Latest: UN Security Council condemns Taliban attack Updated: Apr-19-16 7:57 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Latest on the militant assault on an Afghan government security compound in Kabul (all times local):
- Somalia: Car bomb kills 2 at restaurant in the capital Updated: Apr-09-16 11:57 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A car bomb killed at least two people at a restaurant in the Somali capital Saturday, a police official said.
- Iraqi forces face heavy resistance in IS-held town Updated: Apr-05-16 2:37 pm
HIT, Iraq - Heavy resistance has slowed Iraqi forces Tuesday as they pushed forward toward the center of a town held by Islamic State militants in western Anbar province, commanders at the scene said.
- Singapore man charged with illegal exports to Iran Updated: Apr-04-16 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A Singapore man accused of helping to export technology to Iran that was later found in unexploded improvised explosive devices has been extradited to the United States to face charges, the Justice Department said Monday.