- Injured vet leading yoga class as part of Michigan benefit Updated: May-27-16 8:57 pm
CANTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A retired U.S. Army sergeant who lost his legs after being hurt by an improvised explosive device in Iraq will lead a yoga class in suburban Detroit as part of a fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Russia accuses Turkey of supplying Islamic State extremists Updated: May-25-16 5:42 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia has accused Turkey of supplying the Islamic State extremist group with components for improvised explosive devices.
- Turkish official: Kurdish rebel car bombing kills 3 Updated: May-25-16 2:24 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - A Turkish official says a car bombing by Kurdish rebels against a gendarmerie station near the Syrian border has killed three people.
- The Latest: UN says 50,000 civilians in Fallujah at risk Updated: May-23-16 3:03 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Latest on a violent day in the Middle East, with deadly bombings in Syria and Yemen and the start of an Iraqi government offensive to retake the city of Fallujah from the Islamic State group (all times local):
- Mourning in Sadr City, Baghdad's deadliest district Updated: May-18-16 2:08 pm
BAGHDAD - Among the dozens killed when a truck bomb struck a crowded market last week in Baghdad's Sadr City were two brothers, the only sons of Talib Jassum Issa, who got the news in a phone call just minutes after the attack.
- DA: Twins set off 5 bombs, damage several buildings Updated: May-18-16 6:30 am
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Authorities say twin brothers detonated improvised explosive devices in Pennsylvania over two weeks, damaging several buildings.
- The Latest: Officials say day's death toll in Baghdad now 69 Updated: May-17-16 9:18 am
BAGHDAD - The latest on a wave of militants attacks in Iraq as government forces battle the Islamic State group (all times local):
- Official: 4 Kurdish rebels killed in blast in Turkey Updated: May-12-16 5:11 pm
ISTANBUL - A Turkish official said four Kurdish rebels were killed while loading explosives onto a truck in southeastern Turkey on Thursday, hours after a separate blast targeting the military in Istanbul wounded eight.
- Mali army vehicle hits land mine that kills 2 soldiers Updated: May-11-16 3:34 pm
BAMAKO, Mali - A Mali official says two soldiers have been killed and one wounded after their vehicle hit an improvised explosive device in the north.
- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed Updated: May-05-16 1:16 pm
RAMADI, Iraq - This is what victory looks like in the Iraqi city of Ramadi: In the once thriving Haji Ziad Square, not a single structure still stands. Turning in every direction yields a picture of devastation.
- Turkey: Islamic State behind attack that killed 2 policemen Updated: May-02-16 12:47 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's interior minister says a car bombing that killed two police officers and wounded 22 other people in the southern city of Gaziantep, near Syria, was carried out by militants linked to the Islamic State group.
- IS claims responsibility for Baghdad bombing that killed 21 Updated: Apr-30-16 6:42 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday east of Baghdad, according to a statement posted on an IS-affiliated website. The attack killed at least 21 people and wounded at least 42 others, according to Iraqi police and hospital officials. The IS statement described the attack as a three-ton truck bombing.