- Gov. Raimondo asks judge nominee to seek ethics opinion Updated: Nov-27-15 11:30 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo is asking a District Court judgeship nominee to seek an advisory opinion from the state Ethics Commission.
- Poland's ruling party blasted in conflict over top judges Updated: Nov-26-15 6:17 am
WARSAW, Poland - The political conflict surrounding Poland's top court has intensified after the new ruling party had the parliament void a recent appointment of judges.
- Argentina's president-elect announces diverse Cabinet Updated: Nov-25-15 6:21 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - President-elect Mauricio Macri named a new Cabinet on Wednesday that includes members from diverse Argentine political movements, business executives and a minister with the outgoing government.
- Children's advocate is ombudsman at state protection agency Updated: Nov-25-15 2:21 pm
DENVER - An experienced advocate for abused and neglected children now leads a state agency dedicated to the same mission.
- Gov. Dalrymple appoints new administrative law judge Updated: Nov-25-15 2:05 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gov. Jack Dalrymple has appointed Timothy Dawson as director of North Dakota's Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- House Democrats push campaign finance reform, ethics board Updated: Nov-24-15 7:12 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - House Democratic leaders on Tuesday rolled out their proposals for reforming New Mexico's scandal-plagued campaign finance reporting system and creating a statewide ethics commission - measures they say would help restore voters' faith in government.
- Missouri man's murder convictions in sisters' deaths tossed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:02 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Missouri Supreme Court on Tuesday overturned the first-degree murder convictions and the death sentence for one of four men convicted of raping two sisters and throwing them to their death from an abandoned Mississippi River bridge in St. Louis 24 years ago.
- Walker appoints Crosby to Anchorage Superior Court Updated: Nov-24-15 3:15 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Bill Walker has appointed attorney Dani Crosby to fill an upcoming Anchorage Superior Court vacancy.
- For gadfly Hooker, cancer is 'a jolt' but also opportunity Updated: Nov-24-15 12:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The ups and downs of John Jay Hooker are the stuff of Nashville legend.
- France enjoys big night at International Emmys, with 3 wins Updated: Nov-23-15 10:19 pm
NEW YORK - France had a big night Monday at the International Emmys with a leading three awards, led by the hit crime thriller "Engrenages" ("Spiral") which won for best drama series. Brazil received two Emmys, with "Doce de Mae" ("Sweet Mother") chosen the best comedy.
- After victory, Edwards starts piecing together transition Updated: Nov-22-15 6:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Fresh off a strong victory in the Louisiana governor's race, Democrat John Bel Edwards began to work Sunday on his plans for the transition into his new office and an upcoming term in which he'll have to grapple with a hefty state financial crisis.
- Panel nominates 7 for Arizona Supreme Court opening Updated: Nov-20-15 6:42 pm
PHOENIX - Nine applicants have been interviewed for an Arizona Supreme Court vacancy and seven have been recommended to Gov. Doug Ducey, who'll appoint a new justice to the state high court.
- Diana Rauner's chief of staff appointed to Illinois House Updated: Nov-20-15 4:28 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The chief of staff to Illinois first lady Diana Rauner has been appointed to the state House of Representatives.
- Nebraska commission sends 3 judicial nominees to Ricketts Updated: Nov-20-15 10:48 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A state commission has chosen three nominees for a judicial vacancy in eastern Nebraska.
- Court transferring cases of judge accused of misconduct Updated: Nov-19-15 5:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Supreme Court said Thursday that it will reassign the cases of an Arkansas judge facing allegations of administrative misconduct including having sexual relationships with defendants.
- Noble retiring from Delaware Chancery Court Updated: Nov-19-15 5:09 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Another Delaware judge has announced his retirement, giving Gov. Jack Markell yet another judicial appointment opportunity.
- Virginia commission won't recommend return of parole Updated: Nov-19-15 4:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A commission appointed by Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has decided not to recommend re-establishing parole to the state's criminal justice system any time soon.
- 3 Democrat women nominated to fill open Arizona House seat Updated: Nov-19-15 12:46 pm
PHOENIX - Democrats in Legislative District 26 have nominated an all-women slate of three candidates to fill the Arizona House seat vacated by recently appointed state Sen. Andrew Sherwood, a Tempe Democrat.
- University of Missouri curator Covington resigns Updated: Nov-19-15 10:59 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri Board of Curators says Ann K. Covington has resigned from the board.
- Senate slates vote to confirm nominee to lead aid agency Updated: Nov-18-15 4:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate Wednesday set a Nov. 30 vote to confirm President Barack Obama's nominee to lead the U.S. international aid agency.
- New justice supports changes to New Mexico bond law Updated: Nov-18-15 2:14 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A newly appointed New Mexico Supreme Court justice says she supports amending the state constitution to give judges more leeway when setting bonds.
- Governor names John Pearce as Utah Supreme Court justice Updated: Nov-09-15 2:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert is appointing Judge John A. Pearce to be the newest justice on the state Supreme Court.
- Indiana Supreme Court justice Dickson to retire next spring Updated: Nov-09-15 1:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Brent E. Dickson, the second-longest-serving Indiana justice in history, announced Monday that he'll retire next spring before reaching the court's mandatory retirement age of 75.
- Poland's ruling party announces makeup of Cabinet Updated: Nov-09-15 12:07 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's conservative Law and Justice party announced the makeup of its new government Monday, with a moderate prime minister surrounded by a Cabinet that is very pro-American and suspicious of Russia.