- The Latest: Minneapolis mayor asks protesters to stand down Updated: Nov-30-15 12:18 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- Police: Suspect in officer's death refused to drop rifle Updated: Nov-30-15 12:16 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Police say the man suspected of fatally shooting a western Pennsylvania police officer refused to drop his weapon, but it's unclear if he or the officer fired first.
- Lawsuit: Roswell police didn't ID themselves, shot man Updated: Nov-30-15 11:56 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Mexico man who says a family member pistol-whipped him during a fight claims he later was wrongfully shot by Roswell police at his home.
- Ron Scott, known for fight against police brutality, dies Updated: Nov-30-15 11:49 am
DETROIT - Detroit civil rights activist Ron Scott, who was known for longtime efforts to deal with police brutality, has died. He was 68.
- City: no evidence of police negligence in teen's death Updated: Nov-30-15 11:44 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - The city of Anderson is asking a federal judge to throw out a lawsuit filed by the family of a teenager who died from an apparent suicide in the back of a police car more than three years ago.
- Bodies of 2 found in West Virginia home identified Updated: Nov-30-15 11:30 am
MARLINTON, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police say two bodies found at a home in Marlinton are those of a retired trooper and his wife.
- High stakes for Baltimore as Freddie Gray trials begin Updated: Nov-30-15 11:07 am
BALTIMORE - In Baltimore, this year can be divided into two parts: what came before Freddie Gray died and what happened afterward.
- Man killed in officer-involved shooting in Bakersfield Updated: Nov-30-15 9:02 am
BAKERSFIELD, California - Bakersfield police are investigating after a man was killed in an officer-involved shooting.
- Former MLB player accused of assaulting officer in Waipio Updated: Nov-30-15 8:01 am
HONOLULU - Authorities have arrested a former Major League Baseball player on Oahu for assaulting a police officer.
- Services set for McFarland police officer killed in crash Updated: Nov-30-15 7:44 am
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - Services will be held in Janesville Tuesday for McFarland police officer Ryan Copeland, who was killed in a crash while on duty.
- Alabama authorities investigating police shooting in Selma Updated: Nov-30-15 5:48 am
SELMA, Alabama - The State Bureau of Investigations in Alabama is looking into an officer-involved shooting in Selma that left a man wounded.
- Interim Sierra Vista police chief to serve permanently Updated: Nov-30-15 5:01 am
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - The acting police chief of the Sierra Vista Police Department has been named to the position permanently.
- Man sues police, says he was detained against will Updated: Nov-30-15 3:01 am
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Attorneys have filed a lawsuit against the Albemarle County Police Department after a man claims police unlawfully raided his truck and detained him against his will.
- Police officer shot, killed during call; suspect charged Updated: Nov-29-15 10:59 pm
NEW FLORENCE, Pennsylvania - A man suspected of fatally shooting a police officer who responded to a domestic dispute was charged with homicide Sunday.
- Police union boss cited for access to pope during NYC visit Updated: Nov-29-15 6:32 pm
NEW YORK - Officials have sought to discipline a powerful police union head for standing near Pope Francis without authorization during the pontiff's visit to New York City.
- 10 have applied so far for police chief in Columbus Updated: Nov-29-15 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - At least 10 people have applied to be the next police chief in Columbus.
- Bad publicity, low pay blamed for law enforcement shortage Updated: Nov-29-15 5:46 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas law enforcement agencies say they are having a hard time filling hundreds of open positions, largely because of negative publicity and low starting pay.
- Nebraska law enforcement concerned about mental illness Updated: Nov-29-15 3:33 pm
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Law enforcement and mental health officials in central Nebraska say the problem of people with mental health issues isn't getting any better.
- Iowa city and county consider shared law enforcement center Updated: Nov-29-15 3:15 pm
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Officials in Charles City and surrounding Floyd County are considering a shared law enforcement center to serve their northern Iowa communities.
- Iowa sheriffs preparing for wave of gun permit renewals Updated: Nov-29-15 2:02 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Nearly five years after Iowa residents flocked to sheriff's offices in a rush to obtain firearm permits, sheriffs are bracing for a wave of renewals.
- 'Sting trailers' offer glimpse into world of cargo thieves Updated: Nov-29-15 12:24 pm
WILLINGTON, Connecticut - Somewhere in America, a tractor-trailer loaded with hidden surveillance equipment is parked at a truck stop or warehouse while authorities wait for thieves to steal it.
- Omaha police identify men killed and injured in shooting Updated: Nov-29-15 10:46 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha police have identified two victims of a weekend shooting.
- Sheriff-elect already on job at Alcorn County jail Updated: Nov-28-15 7:54 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - Alcorn County Sheriff-elect Ben Caldwell is already working at the regional jail. County supervisors appointed him jail administrator shortly after his Nov. 3 election, though he won't be sworn in as sheriff until January.
- Philly-area transit police chief's amnesty tweet gets result Updated: Nov-28-15 4:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The chief of the Philadelphia area's transit police says a thief took him up on his Twitter offer of amnesty and has returned a stolen phone.
- Troopers: 2 killed when car traveling at 100 mph hits tree Updated: Nov-28-15 4:20 pm
MIDWAY, North Carolina - The State Highway Patrol says a man driving a vehicle at 100 mph and not wearing a seatbelt was one of two people killed in a wreck in Midway.