- Ohio officer acquitted in 137-shot case faces assault charge Updated: Jun-03-15 12:40 pm
CLEVELAND - A Cleveland officer found not guilty in the fatal shooting of two people in a 137-shot barrage of police gunfire has been charged with beating up his twin brother four days after his acquittal.
- Iowa officers fire shots after high-speed chase; no injuries Updated: Jun-03-15 12:33 pm
FAIRFIELD, Iowa - Authorities are investigating a high-speed pursuit in rural southeast Iowa that ended with two police officers firing weapons even though the suspects were apparently unarmed.
- Ex-police chief beats incumbent in Rapid City mayoral race Updated: Jun-03-15 12:14 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former police chief in Rapid City has defeated the boss with whom he regularly clashed to become the city's mayor.
- Wolf pick for police chief fields senators' tough questions Updated: Jun-03-15 11:08 am
CARLISLE, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf's choice to lead the Pennsylvania State Police is responding to tough questions from skeptical Republican senators who, like the troopers' union, have asked the Democratic governor to withdraw Col. Marcus Brown as his nominee.
- Police chief during Sandy Hook school massacre is retiring Updated: Jun-03-15 10:43 am
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - The police chief who led Newtown's response to the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 26 people dead is retiring.
- Cincinnati city manager orders review of police department Updated: Jun-03-15 9:59 am
CINCINNATI - Concerns over morale and internal communication prompted Cincinnati's city manager to ask Tuesday for a top-to-bottom review of the city police department.
- Charges filed in accident that killed Kansa deputy, wife Updated: Jun-03-15 9:35 am
GREAT BEND, Kansas - A central Kansas man is charged with involuntary manslaughter after an accident that killed a couple riding in a group of motorcycles near Great Bend last year.
- Gunmen open fire, kill 2 Egyptian policemen at the Pyramids Updated: Jun-03-15 7:38 am
CAIRO - Egypt's state news agency says gunmen on a speeding motorcycle opened fire, killing two members of the tourist police at the famed Giza Pyramids.
- Arraignment set for suspect in Ferguson police shooting Updated: Jun-03-15 7:37 am
CLAYTON, Missouri - The man accused of shooting two police officers during a protest in Ferguson is slated to appear in court.
- Boy accused of pretending to be FBI agent awaits court Updated: Jun-03-15 7:28 am
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 17-year-old Michigan boy who authorities say pretended to be an FBI agent is awaiting a juvenile court hearing in Ohio.
- Law enforcement plans new crime fighting tactics on Bakken Updated: Jun-03-15 6:05 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Law enforcement officials say they are beefing up crime fighting efforts in the oil patch of North Dakota and Montana.
- Charges against former police chief, detective being dropped Updated: Jun-03-15 6:02 am
SIMPSONVILLE, South Carolina - The Attorney General's office is dismissing charges against a former Simpsonville police chief and detective in connection with a charge of misconduct in office.
- Police: Man killed in crash with street sweeper in Ohio Updated: Jun-03-15 5:37 am
CANTON, Ohio - Authorities say a man has died after the pickup truck he was driving hit a state transportation department vehicle in northeast Ohio.
- Springfield man pleads guilty to robbery, assaulting officer Updated: Jun-03-15 5:26 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Springfield man has pleaded guilty to robbery and assaulting a law enforcement officer.
- Police chief takes leave to run for sheriff Updated: Jun-03-15 5:01 am
GRENADA, Mississippi - Grenada Police Chief Ben E. Williams has taken a leave of absence to concentrate on his campaign for Grenada County sheriff.
- Oakland County law enforcement to hand out 3,000 gun locks Updated: Jun-03-15 1:45 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - Authorities in one county in the Detroit area are handing out 3,000 free trigger locks as they mark Gun Safety Awareness Day.
- No parole for man who killed Wash. deputy in 1978 Updated: Jun-02-15 11:14 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A Washington state board has denied parole to a man convicted of killing a Kitsap County sheriff's deputy in 1978.
- Federal judge signs Albuquerque police reform settlement Updated: Jun-02-15 7:58 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A federal judge on Tuesday approved a settlement between Albuquerque and the U.S. Department of Justice on overhauling the city's police force.
- 7th US Circuit Appeals Court vacates Pruitt death sentence Updated: Jun-02-15 7:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A federal appeals court threw out the death sentence of a man convicted of killing a central Indiana sheriff's deputy, ruling Tuesday he is intellectually disabled and categorically ineligible for execution.
- Md. inmate not competent for trial in cellmate's slaying Updated: Jun-02-15 6:57 pm
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - A state prison inmate has been found mentally incompetent to stand trial for the 2013 beating death of his cellmate at the maximum-security Western Correctional Institution near Cumberland.
- Trooper slaying suspect not responsible for 2nd bank robbery Updated: Jun-02-15 6:28 pm
FOND DU LAC, Wisconsin - Authorities say the man suspected of gunning down a state trooper and another man after robbing a rural Wisconsin bank was not responsible for a second bank robbery that day.
- Lawmakers hear testimony on Ohio police training changes Updated: Jun-02-15 5:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio would boost the amount of training to become a police officer and require all candidates for law enforcement jobs to have a high school diploma under legislation being considered at the Statehouse.
- Police: Man fatally shot by officer was wielding metal pole Updated: Jun-02-15 4:48 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - A man fatally shot last month by a Virginia police officer had been wielding a metal pole before shots were fired, police said Tuesday.
- Man dies after struggle with police in eastern Kentucky Updated: Jun-02-15 3:38 pm
LOUISA, Kentucky - A man died after a confrontation with officers who used a stun gun on him at a police department in eastern Kentucky, state police said.
- Police: Uniformed off-duty sheriff's deputy charged with DUI Updated: Jun-02-15 3:33 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Officials say a Shelby County Sheriff's deputy has been arrested for DUI while he was on his department-issued motorcycle.