- Tips, surveillance, kids' lunch trays ID decapitated body Updated: Feb-10-16 2:05 am
POWELL, Wyoming - How do you identify a body without a head, an arm or hands?
- Oregon State Police investigating Seaside police shooting Updated: Feb-10-16 1:50 am
SEASIDE, Oregon - An investigation into a Seaside police shooting that left a suspect and one officer dead is expected to be complete within the next two weeks.
- Ferguson City Council seeks changes to DOJ reform agreement Updated: Feb-10-16 1:14 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - The Ferguson City Council agreed Tuesday to most proposals in a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department that would reform the city's courts and policing systems but also asked for several changes, including some limiting the city's cost.
- The Latest: DOJ says Ferguson creating 'unnecessary delay' Updated: Feb-10-16 12:55 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - The Latest on a police and court reform agreement between Ferguson and the U.S. Department of Justice (all times local):
- Feds plan outreach to New Mexico youth in opioid fight Updated: Feb-09-16 8:57 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Federal law enforcement officials are citing a rise in drug overdose deaths in New Mexico as the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration release a documentary aimed at educating high schoolers on the dangers of opioids.
- Former Columbus Police officer sues over firing Updated: Feb-09-16 8:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - A former police officer is suing a Mississippi city after he was fired for his role in a fatal death.
- Riverside County settles deputy shooting suit for $7 million Updated: Feb-09-16 8:23 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - Riverside County is paying nearly $7 million to settle a lawsuit over a shooting by a deputy.
- Prosecutor seeks audit, investigation of sheriff's account Updated: Feb-09-16 7:54 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler says he's asked the Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for a special audit and an investigation into undisclosed irregularities in the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office Inmate Trust Account.
- Senate to hear bill to let police withhold body camera video Updated: Feb-09-16 7:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana Senate panel will hear arguments on a bill to give law enforcement agencies the authority to withhold body camera video from the public.
- Mother of unarmed man fatally shot in back is suing police Updated: Feb-09-16 6:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - The mother of an unarmed man fatally shot in the back by a Los Angeles police officer last year sued the city and its police chief Tuesday, saying the death is emblematic of a culture of excessive force.
- Police identify man shot by deputy in Winchester Updated: Feb-09-16 6:34 pm
WINCHESTER, Virginia - Virginia State Police have identified the man shot by a Frederick County deputy sheriff.
- 2 police officers cleared in fatal New Jersey shooting Updated: Feb-09-16 6:34 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Prosecutors have cleared two Camden County policemen in the fatal shooting of a Camden man who allegedly aimed an air pistol at them during a confrontation last summer.
- 2 Utah police camera bills differ on what to make public Updated: Feb-09-16 5:56 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Civil liberties advocates say one of two proposals to regulate police body cameras in Utah this year would give law enforcement too much leeway and would exempt videos of fatal shootings from open records laws.
- ACLU files lawsuit seeking video from fatal police shooting Updated: Feb-09-16 5:06 pm
- Authorities' pursuit of Amber Alert suspect ends with crash Updated: Feb-09-16 4:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man who police say took his 2-year-old daughter from her mother at gunpoint fled north to Colorado on Tuesday before his vehicle hit troopers' spike strips, rolled over and ejected both him and the toddler, authorities said.
- Former Columbus Police officer sues over firing Updated: Feb-09-16 4:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Former Columbus policeman Canyon Boykin is suing the city in the wake of his firing.
- Court refuses to end lawsuit over fatal police shooting Updated: Feb-09-16 4:13 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A federal appeals court has refused to end a lawsuit stemming from a New Mexico State Police officer's fatal shooting of a Glorieta man.
- DA gets more time to mull death penalty in officer slaying Updated: Feb-09-16 3:54 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania prosecutor will have until March 26 to decide whether to seek the death penalty against a man charged in the shooting death of a police officer.
- Austin police say unarmed nude teen fatally shot by officer Updated: Feb-09-16 3:45 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police say an unarmed nude teenager was fatally shot by an officer in an altercation partly captured by patrol car video.
- Missouri's longest-serving sheriff pleads guilty to stealing Updated: Feb-09-16 3:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The career of Missouri's longest-serving sheriff has come to an abrupt end after he pleaded guilty to stealing reimbursement checks for his own use.
- Ex-Vegas officer, department sued in body camera force case Updated: Feb-09-16 2:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - A California woman who authorities say was illegally beaten by a police officer wearing a body camera has filed a federal civil rights lawsuit seeking damages from Las Vegas police, the former patrol officer and his partner at the time.
- Sheriff: Deputies fatally shoot man near Mardi Gras parades Updated: Feb-09-16 1:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Officials say deputies fatally shot a man after an altercation and a car chase that ended near Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans.
- Tahoe-area sheriff's deputy pleads guilty to drug charge Updated: Feb-09-16 1:28 pm
GARDNERVILLE, Nevada - A 48-year-old former El Dorado County sheriff's deputy who worked on a drug task force at Lake Tahoe has pleaded guilty to one count of drug trafficking.
- Overdose medication available at lower cost in Rhode Island Updated: Feb-09-16 1:03 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A life-saving drug used to reverse opioid overdoses is now available to Rhode Island schools, law enforcement agencies and other non-federal government and community agencies at a reduced price.
- Irish deploy military-style checkpoints to suppress gang war Updated: Feb-09-16 11:20 am
DUBLIN - Ireland's police force deployed military-style road checkpoints Tuesday as the government announced toughened measures to try to prevent a gang war in Dublin from claiming more lives.