- Earliest known cello from SD museum on display at the Met Updated: Jun-21-15 9:14 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - A South Dakota museum that owns the earliest known cello has lent the unique piece to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
- Bryan Museum opens in Galveston, features American West Updated: Jun-19-15 5:03 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - J.P. Bryan didn't start out to make a museum.
- Chicago's Greek museum to host Anthony Quinn art exhibit Updated: Jun-19-15 6:34 am
CHICAGO - An exhibition of art by late actor Anthony Quinn is opening at the National Hellenic Museum in Chicago.
- Louisiana's state art collection to be housed in Alexandria Updated: Jun-17-15 4:12 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's state art collection will be housed in Alexandria.
- Exhibition on Impressionism is opening in Philadelphia Updated: Jun-16-15 3:26 pm
PHILADELPHIA - An exhibition is opening at the Philadelphia Museum of Art that traces the development of Impressionism and highlights the role a Parisian art dealer played in its success.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art plans Irving Penn retrospective Updated: Jun-12-15 12:52 pm
NEW YORK - The Metropolitan Museum of Art has announced plans for a major retrospective of Irving Penn's photographs.
- Earliest known cello going on view at the Met Updated: Jun-10-15 7:43 am
NEW YORK - The earliest known cello dating to the mid-16th century is going on view at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
- CSI Rembrandt: Museum sleuths show painting is a Rembrandt Updated: Jun-09-15 9:09 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - After a CSI-style investigation and restoration spanning eight years, the Mauritshuis museum in The Hague has declared that one of its star paintings really is by Dutch master Rembrandt van Rijn.
- Russell Museum announces art acquisition Updated: Jun-07-15 3:54 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The C.M. Russell Museum in Great Falls has acquired two new Russell watercolors.