- Couple plead guilty in supplement misbranding case Updated: Oct-06-15 8:20 am
LOS ANGELES - The husband-and-wife owners of a Los Angeles County nutritional supplement company pleaded guilty to federal charges stemming from the illegal importation of so-called royal jelly from China under deceptive labels.
- Coke ending sponsorship of dietitians group Updated: Sep-29-15 4:21 pm
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola says it will not renew its sponsorship of a professional group for dietitians, bringing to a halt one of many outreach efforts on health by the world's biggest soda maker.
- FTC: Weight loss co. threatened users who wrote bad reviews Updated: Sep-28-15 1:55 pm
NEW YORK - The Federal Trade Commission said Monday that it is suing weight loss supplement company Roca Labs for threatening to sue customers that complained or wrote negative reviews online about its products.
- Peoples Health donates $240K to Meals on Wheels Updated: Sep-24-15 1:41 pm
KENNER, Louisiana - A $240,000 donation from Peoples Health will ensure that 1,200 Jefferson Parish senior citizens and disabled residents will receive a meal daily.
- Vegan lifestyle transforms couple's life Updated: Sep-20-15 3:20 pm
WINCHESTER, Oregon - Last month, Joe Clyde's neurologist told him he has the slowest-progressing case of Parkinson's disease he's ever seen.
- Another food fight? Congress mulls school meal standards Updated: Sep-18-15 3:40 am
WASHINGTON - Congress is deciding whether it wants another pitched battle with first lady Michelle Obama and the administration over school lunches that put more whole grains in kids' meals and cut salty foods.
- Target, developing healthier habits, hands workers Fitbits Updated: Sep-16-15 4:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Target is going on a health kick, aimed at both customers and its employees.
- Officials: Schools ex-nutrition director charged with theft Updated: Sep-15-15 2:21 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say the former nutrition director for Knox County Schools has been charged with theft and official misconduct.
- Mondelez plans to concentrate more on healthy snacks Updated: Sep-10-15 4:58 pm
NEW YORK - Mondelez, the company behind the Oreo and Cadbury brands, says that it plans to have 50 percent of its portfolio contain healthy snacks within the next five years.
- New York attorney general targets devil's claw manufacturers Updated: Sep-09-15 10:21 pm
ALBANY, New York - The state's attorney general is demanding that 13 manufacturers stop selling an obscure herbal remedy for arthritis called devil's claw because DNA tests found samples contained a plant species different from the plant on their labels.
- New York City to require salt warnings on restaurant menus Updated: Sep-09-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - Salty fare from sandwiches to salads will soon come with a first-of-its-kind warning label at chain restaurants in New York City.