- Texans mark Thanksgiving Day in big, small ways Updated: Nov-26-15 5:03 pm
Texans renewed their Thanksgiving Day traditions on Thursday and served feasts to those who might otherwise have gone hungry.
- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Americans paused Thursday to celebrate their blessings despite terrorism fears and racial tensions over fatal police shootings across the country. A record number of police officers patrolled the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, while St. Louis resumed its annual parade, canceled last year amid protests over Michael Brown's death.
- Crowds line route for America's Thanksgiving Parade Updated: Nov-26-15 3:17 pm
DETROIT - For Arthur Galea, getting to Detroit on Thanksgiving day for the city's annual parade has been a 65-year tradition.
- Sinclair's 'Dino' retakes Manhattan skies Updated: Nov-26-15 12:28 pm
RAWLINS, Wyoming - A massive, green Apatosaurus retook to the skies of Manhattan Thursday, making its first appearance in four decades.
- Widows: Railroad knew of defect before veterans killed Updated: Nov-26-15 12:05 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Intensive care nurse Angie Boivin had just tended to a woman whose leg was severed near the hip when she saw her husband Larry lying nearby under an American flag blanket. She says that she was with him when he took his last breath.
- Raven designs 4 new balloons for Macy's Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 10:03 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls-based Raven Industries has once again designed and manufactured some new balloons for this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Key figure in keeping gay groups out of Boston parade dies Updated: Nov-25-15 3:51 pm
BOSTON - John "Wacko" Hurley, the longtime leader of the Boston St. Patrick's Day parade and the plaintiff in a 1995 U.S. Supreme Court case that allowed organizers to bar gay groups, has died. He was 85.
- SD company makes new balloons for Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-25-15 3:36 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls company has manufactured some of the balloons that will be featured in Macy's Thanksgiving parade in New York.
- 610 Stompers to walk in Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade Updated: Nov-24-15 4:01 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The 610 Stompers are heading to the big apple for the big Thanksgiving Day parade.
- NYC mayor: Thanksgiving parade will be safe Updated: Nov-23-15 5:35 pm
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio is saying there are no specific or credible threats against New York City as Thanksgiving approaches.
- Military Veteran Project in Topeka growing Updated: Nov-23-15 10:45 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - If the Military Veteran Project succeeds at improving brain injury treatment and other goals, Melissa Jarboe won't be running the organization she founded.
- NYC emergency responders go through active shooter drill Updated: Nov-22-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Hundreds of emergency responders simulated a subway terror attack on Sunday, days before one of the city's biggest public events: the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Bratton: 'No concerns' about Thanksgiving Day parade safety Updated: Nov-18-15 3:00 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's police commissioner says he has "no concerns about security" for the city's annual Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- EXCHANGE: Balloon handlers train for Thanksgiving Day parade Updated: Nov-18-15 1:17 pm
CHICAGO - On a recent sunny Saturday morning on the great lawn in front of the Museum of Science and Industry, gusts of wind bullied a 40-foot balloon of the cartoon monkey schnickelfritz known as Curious George.
- Annual parade honoring veterans taking place in Detroit Updated: Nov-07-15 4:01 am
DETROIT - An annual parade to honor veterans is taking place in Detroit as part of two weeks of events around Veterans Day for those who served in the military.
- SD Macy's float to feature Christian music band MercyMe Updated: Nov-06-15 2:17 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Contemporary Christian music band MercyMe will appear on "Mount Rushmore's American Pride" float at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Throws will be allowed at Hattiesburg parades Updated: Nov-05-15 5:55 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - Hattiesburg City Council members say they won't let an inappropriate candy-throwing incident during last week's Avenues Halloween Parade affect the fun for future parade-goers.
- Royals celebration shatters expectations in Kansas City Updated: Nov-04-15 6:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The crowd that flooded downtown Kansas City to celebrate the Royals' first World Series championship in 30 years shattered expectations, officials said Wednesday.
- Brett still a big part of Royals' championship celebration Updated: Nov-04-15 1:44 pm
George Brett had one more mighty moment in baseball's postseason center stage.
- The Latest: Some parked along interstate before Royals rally Updated: Nov-03-15 6:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The latest on celebrations in Kansas City to mark the Kansas City Royals' World Series victory (all times local):
- Royals reveling in first World Series title since 1985 Updated: Nov-02-15 2:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The jersey that Eric Hosmer wore in the decisive game of the World Series is headed to the Hall of Fame. So is the glove Salvador Perez used, the spikes Lorenzo Cain laced up and the bat that third baseman Mike Moustakas took to the plate.
- Mariah Carey, Pat Benatar, Questlove set for Macy's Parade Updated: Nov-02-15 12:18 pm
NEW YORK - Mariah Carey, Questlove from the Roots, the cast of "Sesame Street," Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo will be among the stars celebrating at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
- High school band from Ohio to perform at Rose Parade Updated: Nov-02-15 8:47 am
MASON, Ohio - A high school band in southwest Ohio is preparing to appear in the internationally televised Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day.
- Thousands watch, march in NYC's Halloween parade Updated: Oct-31-15 10:56 pm
NEW YORK - Witches and skeletons marched alongside presidential candidates while a banana rubbed elbows with a jailbird, superheroes shared pavement with SpongeBobs and a butterfly strolled alongside a pirate on Saturday night as the annual Greenwich Village Halloween Parade made its way through downtown Manhattan.
- Rutland holds 56th annual Halloween Parade Saturday evening Updated: Oct-31-15 8:47 am
RUTLAND, Vermont - As many as 10,000 people are expected to attend Rutland's Halloween parade.