- Washington County Sheriff's Office buys $68K in riot gear Updated: Jun-01-15 9:11 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The Washington County Sheriff's Office has bought $68,000 in riot gear, saying the recent unrest in Baltimore was too close to home to ignore.
- Orioles, White Sox split doubleheader caused by riots Updated: May-28-15 8:54 pm
- 6 Baltimore officers charged in death seek to move trial Updated: May-27-15 7:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Attorneys for six Baltimore police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray are asking a judge to move their case out of Baltimore, arguing it will be impossible to select an impartial jury and receive a fair trial.
- Nigerian Muslims set court ablaze over 'insult' to Muhammad Updated: May-22-15 11:10 am
KANO, Nigeria - Hundreds of rioting Muslims set a Shariah court ablaze Friday in Nigeria's northern Kano city, protesting its decision to free a cleric accused of insulting the prophet Mohammed.
- Couple donate to Baltimore library open during riots Updated: May-21-15 3:35 pm
BALTIMORE - Netscape co-founder and his philanthropist wife plan to donate $170,000 in computers and equipment to a library that decided to stay open during the Baltimore riots following the death of Freddie Gray in police custody.
- Little Rock OKs purchase of riot gear for police officers Updated: May-20-15 4:35 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock officials have approved the purchase of riot gear for nearly all of its police officers after the chief lobbied for them as a precautionary measure following recent unrest in Missouri and Maryland.
- French police cleared in teen deaths that sparked riots Updated: May-18-15 5:19 pm
RENNES, France - A French court on Monday acquitted two police officers accused of contributing to the deaths of two minority teenagers in a blighted Paris suburb a decade ago - a long-awaited verdict that crushed the boys' families and raised fears of possible violence like that seen recently in the U.S.
- Seattle PD spends close to $300K to stop May Day riot Updated: May-15-15 9:46 am
SEATTLE - The Seattle Police Department has spent nearly $300,000 in overtime to put a stop to the May Day riot.
- Md. comptroller extends sales tax deadline for businesses Updated: May-05-15 2:55 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Businesses in Baltimore affected by riots are getting a two-week extension to file April sales taxes returns and payments.
- Baltimore police: Man arrested near scene of recent riots Updated: May-04-15 9:13 pm
BALTIMORE - Days after riots crippled Baltimore, tensions again escalated Monday after police said they arrested a man who appeared to be armed. The arrest drew a crowd of protesters who chanted, "Black community, control the police!"
- Judge: Md. didn't violate Constitution; violated procedure Updated: May-04-15 6:20 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore city judge says the state violated court procedures - but not the Constitution - after last week's riots by holding some suspects more than 24 hours without taking them before a judicial officer to have bail set.
- The Latest: Baltimore lifts curfew after days of tension Updated: May-03-15 5:38 pm