- Egypt's journalists vow to go on strike if minister stays Updated: May-04-16 11:49 am
CAIRO - Hundreds of Egyptian journalists rallied in Cairo on Wednesday in an escalating standoff with police, saying the media would go on strike next week if demands including the dismissal of the interior minister are not met.
- Man pleads guilty to setting store on fire during riots Updated: May-02-16 7:28 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has pleaded guilty to setting a liquor store on fire during riots that rocked Baltimore last year in the wake of Freddie Gray's death after he was injured in police custody.
- Man pleads guilty to setting fire in store during riots Updated: May-02-16 6:57 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has pleaded guilty to setting a liquor store on fire during the riots that rocked Baltimore last year in the wake of Freddie Gray's death after he was injured in police custody.
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Willie Williams, trailblazing top cop for 2 cities, dies Updated: Apr-27-16 5:58 pm
ATLANTA - Willie L. Williams, who was the first black police chief in Philadelphia and in Los Angeles, where he took over in the wake of the Rodney King riots, has died. He was 72.
- Politicians descend on march to commemorate Freddie Gray Updated: Apr-24-16 6:32 pm
BALTIMORE - A march in Baltimore to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the death of Freddie Gray turned into an opportunity for political candidates to try to sway voters.
- 8 arrested in what police say was a "riot-like" disturbance Updated: Apr-24-16 11:50 am
BEDFORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire police say eight people were arrested Friday night in what police describe as a "riot-like" disturbance in Bedford.
- 2 front-runners face off in Baltimore mayoral race Updated: Apr-22-16 5:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Just one day ahead of the anniversary of the worst riot Baltimore had seen in more than 40 years, its residents will head to the polls to determine who will lead the city for the next four years.
- Over 200 arrested in Zambia amid anti-Rwandan attacks Updated: Apr-20-16 11:04 am
LUSAKA, Zambia - Police in Zambia arrested over 250 people for allegedly attacking Rwandan nationals and looting their shops in the capital in violence that police said Wednesday killed two Zambians.
- 1 year after Freddie Gray, police work to heal city's wounds Updated: Apr-10-16 11:15 am
BALTIMORE - A year after the death of Freddie Gray, a small part of his legacy can be seen at a southwest Baltimore recreation center, where the pounding of basketballs and squeak of sneakers echo off the walls as young black men in shorts and sweats face off.
- Correction: Baltimore Police-Death-Senior Housing story Updated: Apr-07-16 11:10 am
BALTIMORE - In a story April 6 about the opening of a senior center burned in riots last year, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of the building. The building is called the Mary Harvin Senior Center. It houses Southern Baptist Church's Mary Harvin Transformation Center.
- Russia's new National Guard will be tasked to suppress riots Updated: Apr-06-16 2:14 pm
MOSCOW - The National Guard being formed in Russia will be given broad powers to suppress riots, according to a presidential decree released Wednesday.