- Authorities investigate fatal hit and run in western Iowa Updated: Jul-06-15 5:38 pm
LOGAN, Iowa - Authorities say they're investigating a fatal hit and run in western Iowa.
- Man arrested in fatal hit-and-run in Fountain Hills area Updated: Jul-06-15 1:26 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Department of Public Safety has arrested a 55-year-old Phoenix man in a fatal hit-and-run accident involving a pedestrian struck in the Fountain Hills area.
- CONCACAF details rebuilding plans after FIFA bribery scandal Updated: Jul-06-15 1:11 pm
GENEVA - Plunged into crisis by a second FIFA bribery scandal in four years, the CONCACAF soccer body wants to pass sweeping new leadership rules to help rebuild.
- Police seek driver who left scene of fatal July 4 crash Updated: Jul-06-15 7:50 am
MESA, Arizona - Police are looking for the driver who left the scene of a fatal collision in Mesa, about 20 miles east of Phoenix.
- Israeli police officer in rabbi bribery case kills himself Updated: Jul-06-15 6:02 am
JERUSALEM - Israeli police say a senior officer whom a celebrity rabbi with a following in the United States tried to bribe has taken his own life amid what police denounced as a witch hunt.
- Trial to examine retaliation charge against Arizona sheriff Updated: Jul-05-15 5:10 pm
PHOENIX - The sheriff of metro Phoenix has long been known for jailing inmates in tents and pink underwear and cracking down on illegal immigration. But an upcoming trial will force Sheriff Joe Arpaio to answer for a pattern of behavior that his critics have long found deeply troubling.
- Pedestrian, 23, killed in North Kitsap hit-run collision Updated: Jul-05-15 1:02 pm
INDIANOLA, Washington - Authorities are searching for the driver who fled the scene after striking and killing a pedestrian in North Kitsap early Saturday.
- 2 Dinamo Zagreb bosses arrested over bribery charges Updated: Jul-04-15 1:14 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Two Dinamo Zagreb bosses suspected of tax evasion and bribery were arrested by Croatian police on Saturday.
- 2 Los Angeles officers hurt in patrol car crash Updated: Jul-04-15 11:54 am
LOS ANGELES - A crash involving a Los Angeles police car and a hit-and-run driver has injured two officers.
- Ex-worker admits role in bribe-for-contract scheme Updated: Jul-04-15 11:05 am
NEW ORLEANS - A former Orleans Parish School Board employee has pleaded guilty in a federal bribery case involving bids for a school system janitorial services contract.
- Child hospitalized in Rockford after hit-and-run accident Updated: Jul-04-15 10:15 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Authorities in northern Illinois say a young child is hospitalized in stable condition after being hit by a truck in a hit-and-run accident.
- Arizona appeals ruling over its work-related ID theft laws Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
PHOENIX - Lawyers for the state of Arizona have asked an appeals court to reverse a ruling that prevents Maricopa County officials from enforcing two identity-theft laws that have been used to convict hundreds of immigrant workers.
- Hit-and-runs spark calls for tougher penalties for drivers Updated: Jul-04-15 4:08 am
ANDERSON, Indiana - Authorities and families of victims are calling for tougher penalties for drivers who flee accident scenes.
- Police: Husband suspects affair, runs over man with truck Updated: Jul-03-15 6:40 am
NARROWSBURG, New York - An upstate New York man is behind bars after police say he ran over a 46-year-old man he thought his wife was having an affair with.
- Police: New York man steals brother's identity, pilfers $30K Updated: Jul-03-15 6:34 am
CLIFTON PARK, New York - State police say a 35-year-old upstate New York is accused of stealing more than $30,000 from his brother after stealing his sibling's identity.
- NYPD: Private garbage truck hits, kills woman in Brooklyn Updated: Jul-03-15 5:34 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says a 46-year-old woman died after being hit by a garbage truck while crossing a Brooklyn street.
- Convicted Maine killer, ID thief gets 60 years in prison Updated: Jul-02-15 5:16 pm
ELLSWORTH, Maine - Prosecutors say a carpenter convicted of killing his employer and raiding the victim's bank accounts was sentenced to 60 years in jail.
- Army sergeant pleads guilty to conspiring to take bribes Updated: Jul-02-15 4:11 pm
PADUCAH, Kentucky - A Fort Campbell Army sergeant has pleaded guilty to conspiring to take bribes from vendors seeking contracts in Afghanistan.
- State officials to meet with FBI about former mine inspector Updated: Jul-02-15 11:16 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State officials have asked to meet with the FBI to determine the extent of a former mine inspector's falsified reports.
- Cops: Woman used her twin's ID to open accounts, spend $12K Updated: Jul-02-15 10:16 am
NEW PALTZ, New York - State police say a 28-year-old Long Island woman used her twin sister's Social Security number to open several credit cards and charged more than $12,000 on them.
- Homes of Dinamo Zagreb bosses raided by Croatian police Updated: Jul-02-15 9:27 am
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatian police on Thursday raided the homes and offices of the Dinamo Zagreb bosses who are suspected of tax evasion and bribery.
- Man sentenced on fraud, identity theft charges Updated: Jul-02-15 8:53 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A man from Windham, Maine, has been sentenced to three months in prison for applying for and using a credit card in another person's name.
- Sentencings in Gulfport Head Start kickback scheme Updated: Jul-02-15 7:37 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A former director of the Gulf Coast Community Action Agency in Gulfport has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison for her role in a Head Start kickback scheme.
- US files formal extradition request for 7 FIFA officials Updated: Jul-02-15 7:22 am
GENEVA - The United States has submitted a formal request for Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials arrested in Zurich as part of a corruption probe that has rocked soccer's world governing body.
- Ex-state senator facing up to 20 years on racketeering Updated: Jul-02-15 3:34 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A former California state senator - once considered a leading candidate for a statewide office - is facing up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to a racketeering charge in an organized crime case centered in San Francisco's Chinatown.