- 3rd man charged in Hartford sex trafficking case Updated: Feb-10-16 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A third man has been charged in connection with a sex trafficking investigation involving an 18-year-old woman who was held against her will, physically abused and forced into prostitution in Connecticut.
- Texas couple charged with forcing nanny to work for no pay Updated: Feb-09-16 8:21 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston-area couple forced a Nigerian woman to care for their five children and home without pay during a two-year period in which she was physically and verbally abused, made to work nearly 20 hours a day and told to sleep on the floor, federal authorities say.
- The Latest: Texas man in nanny imprisonment case given bond Updated: Feb-09-16 5:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on a Houston-area couple accused of forcing a Nigerian woman to care for their children and home without pay: (all times local):
- Advocates plan trafficking awareness efforts ahead of RNC Updated: Feb-07-16 3:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Social service organizations and law enforcement agencies are planning a campaign to raise awareness of a possible increase in forced prostitution and labor trafficking while crowds are in Cleveland for the upcoming Republican National Convention.
- Man accused of forcing Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution Updated: Feb-05-16 3:09 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A North Carolina man has been arrested on charges that he forced a 19-year-old female Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution.
- Man accused of forcing Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution Updated: Feb-05-16 12:26 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities accuse a Fayetteville man of forcing a 19-year-old Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution.
- Man pleads guilty in sex slavery ring case Updated: Feb-04-16 8:17 am
NEW ORLEANS - Federal prosecutor say the ringleader of an interstate sex-trafficking ring has pleaded guilty to multiple counts after admitting he enslaved more than 10 women at a New Orleans hotel.
- More charges filed in North Las Vegas kidnap-child sex case Updated: Feb-03-16 7:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Dozens of additional charges have been filed against a North Las Vegas man already accused of abducting and keeping a 14-year-old Arizona girl as his sex slave for about a month.
- Judge weighing child labor case tied to polygamous group Updated: Jan-27-16 6:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge will decide whether nearly 200 children from a polygamous group were volunteering or forced to work long hours picking pecans during a 2012 harvest on a southern Utah ranch.
- Judge weighing child labor case tied to polygamous group Updated: Jan-27-16 1:47 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge is weighing whether to hold in contempt a Utah contractor accused of using children from a polygamous group as unpaid labor during a 2012 pecan harvest.
- A year later, cases linger in Ohio teen forced labor case Updated: Jan-23-16 1:05 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The third of four people accused of smuggling teens into the U.S. and keeping them as virtual slave laborers at an Ohio egg farm has pleaded guilty to charges in a case that brought national attention to the exploitation of young immigrants fleeing unrest in Central America.
- Los Angeles man accused of trafficking 7 teenage girls Updated: Jan-21-16 8:22 am
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles man has been accused of using threats and violence to force at least seven teenage girls into prostitution across Southern California.