- Man who served as 1996 getaway driver facing new charges Updated: Apr-22-16 7:35 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man who testified that he served as the getaway driver during a fatal robbery 20 years ago is facing new exploitation of a prostitute and human trafficking charges.
- AP: S. Korea covered up mass abuse, killings of 'vagrants' Updated: Apr-19-16 9:14 pm
BUSAN, South Korea - The 14-year-old boy in the black school jacket stared at his sneakers, his heart pounding, as the policeman accused him of stealing a piece of bread.
- US cites global governance crisis for declining human rights Updated: Apr-13-16 3:49 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is blaming a global crisis in governance as well as atrocities committed by non-state actors for a decline in human rights standards around the world.
- US: Forced labor continues on Thai fishing vessels Updated: Apr-13-16 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. State Department said Wednesday that forced labor on Thai fishing vessels has continued in the past year despite legal reforms and arrests following an Associated Press investigation into the country's seafood industry.
- 2 sentenced to prison in forced labor case on Ohio egg farm Updated: Apr-11-16 4:25 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A federal judge sentenced two men to prison on Monday for taking part in a scheme to smuggle teens into the U.S. and keep them as virtual slaves at an Ohio egg farm, but he delayed sentencing for the ringleader after learning he had not given up properties taken from the victims' families.
- Massachusetts: 25 charged in 4 years with human trafficking Updated: Apr-07-16 5:35 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts has charged 25 people with human trafficking since a new law aimed at cracking down on pimps who exploit children and women went into effect a little more than four years ago.