- Billings man gets 7 years for trying to purchase sex slaves Updated: Sep-29-15 1:54 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for attempting to purchase two women to use as sex slaves in what he called a stone dungeon in the basement of his residence.
- Cops: Man sexually assaulted woman in front of customers Updated: Sep-28-15 5:32 am
HARTFORD, Vermont - An eastern Vermont man is facing sex slave charges after a woman says he sexually assaulted her in front of a webcam in front of paying customers.
- Trial set for truck driver accused of keeping sex slaves Updated: Sep-21-15 6:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A trial date has been set for a Utah truck driver accused of keeping women as sex slaves in his semi-trailer as he drove across the country.
- Slave fisherman wants to help disabled co-worker get home Updated: Sep-17-15 11:59 am
AMBON, Indonesia - Moe Hein is about 20 years old, and his fellow fishermen believe he had been enslaved for the past four years. The mentally disabled Myanmar man is among more than 2,000 rescued from forced labor on fishing boats following reporting by The Associated Press and an Indonesian government investigation.
- Slave fisherman's story: 'Like our lives were already over' Updated: Sep-17-15 1:59 am
AMBON, Indonesia - Myo Aung took a fishing job that he thought would keep him close to home in southern Myanmar, but he ended up thousands of miles away with no chance of return for five years. The 25-year-old is among more than 2,000 fishermen rescued this year from forced labor under brutal conditions, mainly in remote Indonesian islands, following reporting by The Associated Press and subsequent investigation by Indonesian authorities. Last week he was on Ambon island, awaiting his return home.
- Appeals court upholds convictions in Ohio slavery case Updated: Sep-09-15 8:56 am
CINCINNATI - A federal appeals panel has upheld the convictions and sentences of a couple charged with enslaving a mentally disabled woman in their northeast Ohio home for nearly two years through intimidation, threats and abuse.