- Colorado gun shop owner charged with illegally selling guns Updated: Feb-11-16 3:30 pm
DENVER - A Colorado gun shop owner who appeared on the reality show "American Guns" is accused of illegally selling firearms after losing his license.
- Man pleads guilty to selling homemade guns, marijuana Updated: Feb-11-16 5:07 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Mount Airy man accused of illegally selling homemade rifles and marijuana has pleaded guilty to gun and drug charges.
- New Orleans police seize 30 guns during Carnival season Updated: Feb-10-16 7:52 am
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans police confiscated 30 guns over the past 12 days while on patrol on or near the Mardi Gras parade routes.
- Feds: Army deserter who supported IS faces gun charges Updated: Feb-08-16 6:37 pm
SEATTLE - An Army deserter from Washington state who called Osama bin Laden "a beautiful man," made statements supporting the Islamic State group and called for the death of American troops has been charged with illegally possessing firearms, including machine guns, federal prosecutors said Monday.
- Man pleads guilty to possession of several machine guns Updated: Feb-07-16 10:36 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A western North Dakota man accused of having assault-type guns in his possession has pleaded guilty to an illegal weapons charge.
- Fairbanks man convicted of 3 charges in murder-for-hire case Updated: Feb-06-16 4:56 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A former Fairbanks chiropractor will be sentenced in May in a murder-for-hire case.
- Troopers seize illegal drugs, stolen guns at home in Tok Updated: Feb-04-16 5:51 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An estimated $35,000 in illegal drugs and at least 15 stolen guns have been seized by Alaska State Troopers serving a search warrant in Tok (tohk).
- Universal employee sues over lost job involving gun Updated: Feb-04-16 5:41 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A former worker is suing Universal Orlando, claiming he was illegally fired for having a gun in his car.
- US embassy condemns Czechs for not extraditing suspects Updated: Feb-04-16 2:12 pm
PRAGUE - The U.S. embassy in Prague on Thursday blasted a decision by the Czech Republic's justice minister not to extradite a Lebanese national to the U.S. to face weapons charges.
- New York real estate heir pleads guilty on weapons charge Updated: Feb-03-16 2:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New York real estate heir pleaded guilty in New Orleans on Wednesday to a weapons charge and agreed to an 85-month prison sentence, a move that could usher in his extradition to California to face murder charges.
- The Latest: Prosecutor talks about heir's proposed sentence Updated: Feb-03-16 12:52 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the plea agreement of a New York heir wanted in California for the death of a friend (all times local):
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Feb-03-16 11:06 am
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- 'Moonshiners' star convicted of possessing illegal firearm Updated: Feb-02-16 11:41 am
CHATHAM, Virginia - A Virginia man known for his role on the television show "Moonshiners" has been convicted of possessing an illegal firearm.
- Man shot and killed by police after fatally stabbing K-9 Updated: Feb-01-16 5:16 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man fatally stabbed a police dog while brawling with officers at a busway in the Pittsburgh suburbs before police opened fire and killed the suspect, authorities said.
- California gun-seizure backlog remains despite $24 million Updated: Jan-25-16 8:45 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - An additional $24 million that was supposed to end the backlog in a unique California firearms seizure program has reduced the waitlist only about 40 percent, according to a report released Monday.
- Sioux Falls man accused now faces federal firearm charges Updated: Jan-24-16 1:51 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man accused of possessing illegal weapons and explosives materials in his home is now facing federal firearms charges.
- Effort aims to investigate, prosecute illegal firearm buys Updated: Jan-18-16 6:18 pm
BEND, Oregon - The Oregon State Police now has a trooper in Deschutes County who focuses on investigating suspected illegal firearms purchases.
- Man charged in toddler death sentenced in gun case Updated: Jan-15-16 9:45 pm
SEATTLE - The Justice Department says a Seattle man charged with the shooting death of a Kent toddler has been sentenced in a separate case for illegally having a firearm.
- Fake cop gets extra 9 to 18 years for robbing drug dealer Updated: Jan-15-16 10:06 am
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man already in prison for gun offenses must spend 9 to 18 more years behind bars for robbing a drug dealer while pretending to be a narcotics officer.
- The Latest: Vigil held at site of Jakarta attack Updated: Jan-15-16 7:34 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The latest on explosions in downtown Jakarta (all times local):
- Attorneys general to discuss regional cooperation on guns Updated: Jan-15-16 3:16 am
WASHINGTON - Attorneys general from Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia are getting together to talk about ways they can reduce gun violence in the region.
- Stabbing suspect facing aggravated assault, weapons charges Updated: Jan-13-16 2:42 pm
HACKETTSTOWN, New Jersey - Authorities have arrested a northwestern New Jersey man who allegedly stabbed another man last weekend.