- Prison time for man who shot at wife over dinner plans Updated: May-24-16 5:23 am
GRETNA, Louisiana - A Kenner man will spend 10 years behind bars for choking his wife and firing a shotgun at her after an argument over dinner plans.
- Bellevue man challenges denial of firearms license Updated: May-22-16 6:02 pm
SEATTLE - A Bellevue gun collector once detained as a material witness in the slaying of a federal prosecutor in Seattle is suing the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- Denver 3-year-old wounded in accidental shooting Updated: May-21-16 5:34 pm
DENVER - Denver police say a 3-year-old boy was wounded in an accidental shooting Saturday morning at a southwest Denver apartment.
- Albanian police find big cache of weapons, arrest 2 Updated: May-21-16 10:50 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian police say they have arrested two people and sequestered a big cache of weapons they believe were destined to be sold both in the country and abroad.
- Chicago police arrest almost 100 gang members over 2 days Updated: May-20-16 7:50 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago police say they have arrested nearly 100 alleged street gang members and 40 others on weapons and drug trafficking charges in an effort to combat the city's gun violence.
- Maryland Trump delegate faces child pornography charges Updated: May-19-16 5:23 pm
BALTMORE - A Maryland Republican Party official says one of the state's Donald Trump delegates probably won't go to the national convention following his federal indictment on child pornography, explosives and firearm charges.
- Dallas student, 15, who accidentally shot self faces charge Updated: May-19-16 9:42 am
DALLAS - A 15-year-old Dallas boy who accidentally shot himself in the leg while at school has been charged with taking a weapon to a prohibited place.
- Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson, teammate arrested Updated: May-17-16 6:21 pm
MONROE, Louisiana - Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson and reserve defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones have been released from jail after their arrest on drug and weapons charges.
- US tourist convicted in Jamaica after undeclared gun found Updated: May-16-16 11:55 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Police in Jamaica say a Georgia tourist has been convicted of illegal gun charges after an undeclared pistol was found in her luggage.
- Minot man says he will plead guilty to federal drug charge Updated: May-14-16 5:22 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A Minot man accused of drug and weapons charges says he will plead guilty in federal court.
- Man not charged in apartment shootout deaths Updated: May-14-16 3:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - Authorities in western Pennsylvania have not charged a man in the shooting deaths of three people during a shootout with an armed robber in his apartment last year, although he faces firearm and drug counts.
- 1st person sentenced in New Jersey under tougher gun law Updated: May-13-16 5:06 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison under a new state law requiring tougher sentences for convicted felons who commit crimes with illegal guns.
- Western NY man linked to 2 drug-related slayings convicted Updated: May-13-16 6:25 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A 41-year-old man has been convicted on federal narcotics and firearms charges stemming from drug-related killings linked to a Rochester cocaine ring.
- Police: Fight breaks out during Dorchester rap video shoot Updated: May-12-16 6:41 am
BOSTON - Boston police seized several guns and arrested five people following a brawl that broke out during the filming of a rap video in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood.
- Cops: Barber shows gun, tells man he doesn't cut black hair Updated: May-11-16 3:42 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Authorities in South Carolina say a barber with a history of aggressive behavior toward potential customers faces charges for pulling a gun on a man and telling him he "does not cut black hair."
- The Latest: Sundheim attacks Harris' crime-fighting record Updated: May-10-16 10:30 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Latest on the televised debate in California's U.S. Senate race (all times local):
- Oregon man charged with possessing a machine gun Updated: May-07-16 1:05 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Federal agents arrested an Oregon man after finding a machine gun hidden under the bed of his trailer.
- Key court hearing set for ex-Michigan State player Appling Updated: May-06-16 12:01 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Former Michigan State basketball player Keith Appling is scheduled to face a key court hearing next month on weapons and drug charges.
- Lawmakers agree to give police more rights to seize guns Updated: May-06-16 9:41 am
PRAGUE - The lower house of the Czech Parliament has approved a government plan to give police increased powers to seize guns and ammunition, a move prompted by a rare deadly shooting in a small-town restaurant last year.
- Jackson detectives seize guns, cash, drugs in bust Updated: May-06-16 2:54 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Jackson Police Department has seized drugs, money, guns and ammunition as a result of a tip from the community.
- Police: More than 800 arrested, 130 guns seized in Memphis Updated: May-05-16 5:17 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis police say more than 800 people have been arrested, more than 100 guns have been seized and large quantities of drugs have been recovered as part of an investigation targeting organized crime.
- Top NY court upholds conviction for illegal folding knife Updated: May-03-16 11:52 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court on Tuesday upheld a driver's conviction for illegal possession for a gravity knife, rejecting arguments that he didn't know the folding knife he used for work could open with a flick of the wrist.
- Phoenix man accused of shooting wife in face during argument Updated: Apr-29-16 6:54 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a Phoenix man has been arrested for allegedly shooting his wife in the face during an argument.
- 2 ex-officers get probation for illegal Maryland gun sale Updated: Apr-28-16 11:21 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Two former law enforcement officers indicted in an illegal firearms sale have been sentenced to probation.
- Guns, fake weapons commonly seized at Salt Lake City airport Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Officials say handguns and objects designed to look like weapons are routinely seized at Salt Lake City International Airport.