- Girl smashes SUV into nursing home Updated: Jul-31-15 5:11 pm
RED WING, Minnesota - Authorities say a girl crashed an SUV into a Red Wing nursing home.
- Connecticut hoping to stave off possible nursing home strike Updated: Jul-29-15 6:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's administration has been working in recent weeks to come up with a new state funding arrangement that could help fend off possible strikes at unionized nursing homes across the state.
- Then & Now: Medicare and Medicaid turn 50 Updated: Jul-29-15 12:45 pm
WASHINGTON - When President Lyndon B. Johnson signed Medicare and Medicaid into law on July 30, 1965, roughly half of Americans 65 and older had no health insurance.
- Navajo nursing home faces closure Updated: Jul-29-15 9:07 am
GALLUP, New Mexico - The Navajo Nation's only nursing home, which caters to nearly 80 elderly patients, is at risk of being shut down as the facility faces a hefty fine over safety code violations.
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships Updated: Jul-27-15 5:07 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Two Topeka nursing homes and Washburn University's School of Nursing are partners in a pilot program to improve care in nursing facilities.
- Families face tough decisions as cost of elder care soars Updated: Jul-20-15 4:20 pm
NEW YORK - Doris Ranzman had followed the expert advice, planning ahead in case she wound up unable to care for herself one day. But when a nursing-home bill tops $14,000 a month, the best-laid plans get tossed aside.
- Nursing home official sentenced for concealing $100,000 gift Updated: Jul-19-15 2:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A nursing home official has been sentenced to five years in prison for concealing from her personal bankruptcy filings a $100,000 gift she received from a deceased patient's estate.
- Funding cut for Louisville nursing home after investigation Updated: Jul-15-15 9:05 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Federal officials have announced plans to cut off funding for a Louisville nursing home.
- Poll: Sandwich generation worried about own long-term care Updated: Jul-09-15 12:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Caught between kids and aging parents, the sandwich generation worries more than most Americans their age about how they'll afford their own care as they grow older, a new poll shows. But most aren't doing much to get ready.
- City Council clears proposed senior living facility Updated: Jul-09-15 8:25 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Santa Fe City Council has cleared way for an assisted living home for seniors on Old Pecos Trail despite dozens of residents being outright against the proposal.
- State faces in certified nursing assistant shortage Updated: Jul-05-15 1:55 pm
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - The shortage of certified nursing assistants, especially in nursing homes, in Wyoming is reaching crisis stage, state Department of Health Director Tom Forslund said.
- Bill would allow cameras in Illinois nursing homes Updated: Jul-03-15 5:08 pm
QUINCY, Illinois - Illinois would become the fourth state in the U.S. to allow video and audio monitoring devices in nursing homes if Gov. Bruce Rauner signs legislation approved by the General Assembly.
- Pennsylvania backs off plan to change nursing home payments Updated: Jul-02-15 4:44 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Wolf administration is backing off a proposal to restructure Medicaid payments to nursing homes that a trade association found would have rewarded 13 homes accused by Pennsylvania state prosecutors of failing to meet residents' most basic needs.
- 4 couples married for 230 years renew vows at nursing home Updated: Jul-02-15 10:37 am
NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania - Four couples with a combined 230 years of marriage have said "I do" all over again at a western Pennsylvania nursing home.