- Nevada to pay $400k in heat death of nursing home patient Updated: Oct-13-15 5:02 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada officials are paying $400,000 to the family of an Alzheimer's patient who died after slipping out of a Boulder City veteran's nursing home in sweltering heat.
- Ky. nursing home industry seeks less regulation Updated: Oct-11-15 3:16 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky's nursing home industry is seeking relief from what it calls heavy-handed state oversight even though a recent review found multiple instances where its residents have been mistreated.
- City of Bayard terminates nursing home management contract Updated: Oct-02-15 11:26 am
BAYARD, Nebraska - The Bayard City Council has voted to terminate the management contract for its nursing home.
- Making the switch to assisted living, nursing homes Updated: Oct-01-15 5:01 am
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - It was not an easy decision.
- Delaware to permanently close aging state nursing home Updated: Sep-22-15 8:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware officials have decided to permanently close an aging state-run nursing home where water problems earlier this year forced the relocation of residents to other facilities.
- State inspectors say nursing home mistreated 3 patients Updated: Sep-13-15 7:07 pm
PERRY, Iowa - A nursing home in Perry mishandled the treatment of three patients who were transferred there this summer after a state mental hospital closed, according to state inspection reports.