- Citing huge patient load, NY nurses seek rules on staffing Updated: Feb-08-16 6:37 pm
ALBANY, New York - When the emergency room fills up - whether it's a big accident, flu season or a stroke of misfortune - Brooklyn nurse Rose Green says she can find herself sprinting from room to room, trying to keep ahead of the whims of calamity.
- Man gets high school diploma 72 years after leaving for WWII Updated: Jan-28-16 8:26 am
COVINGTON, Louisiana - More than 72 years after leaving his New Orleans high school - and its football team - early to join the military during World War II, a Louisiana man has received his high school diploma.
- Man found dead in dumpster at nursing home wasn't killed Updated: Jan-23-16 6:10 pm
DETROIT - A 73-year-old man found dead in a dumpster behind a Detroit nursing home died of natural causes.
- VA allowing dying paratrooper to spend last days with wife Updated: Jan-22-16 10:47 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - The Veterans Administration is allowing a 92-year-old World War II veteran who is dying of cancer to spend his last days with his wife in a Colorado nursing home that is not approved by the agency, but his family says he is probably too close to death to move.
- Eola Hotel developer to appear before planning commission Updated: Jan-19-16 10:23 am
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - The historic Natchez Eola Hotel building could be one step closer this week to reopening its doors as senior living apartments.
- 1 alleged Powerball win may be a prank Updated: Jan-15-16 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Workers celebrated at a Southern California nursing home when word spread that a co-worker had a winning ticket for this week's $1.6 billion Powerball jackpot.
- The Latest: Tennessee Powerball winners plan to keep working Updated: Jan-15-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The latest on a Tennessee couple that says they won the Powerball (all times local):
- Norovirus sickens dozens at Seattle senior living facility Updated: Jan-12-16 12:21 pm
SEATTLE - More than two dozen people have been sickened by what health officials say is likely Norovirus at a senior living facility in Seattle.
- Survey gauges Ohio nursing home emergency prep Updated: Jan-11-16 12:19 pm
CINCINNATI - A survey of Ohio nursing homes has found they have plans for coping with natural disasters and other emergencies, yet many haven't coordinated with key local agencies and facilities.