- Angerer anchors German World Cup team facing challenges Updated: Jun-03-15 10:39 am
Goalkeeper Nadine Angerer anchors a German team that is facing challenges and changes.
- Blatter's 17-year rule in soccer marked by growth, scandal Updated: Jun-02-15 10:45 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter governed the biggest sport on Earth for nearly two decades, for years untouched personally by allegations of corruption, but never sharing the game's popularity.
- Christie Rampone looks back to 1999 - and forward to Canada Updated: Jun-01-15 3:27 am
U.S defender Christie Rampone has been to four World Cups, including the last time the Americans won in 1999.
- US women complete World Cup prep with 0-0 tie vs South Korea Updated: May-30-15 8:49 pm
HARRISON, New Jersey - The United States' fate at the Women's World Cup may hinge on Alex Morgan's left knee.
- Lori Chalupny returns after 5-year layoff for World Cup push Updated: May-29-15 3:56 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Lori Chalupny remembers the sinking feeling when she was told that she couldn't play for the U.S. national team because of concussions. She thought, "What do I do now?"
- EA Sports is adding the women's game to FIFA 2016 Updated: May-28-15 3:38 pm
Move over, fellas.
- New members of FIFA's scandal-hit executive committee Updated: May-26-15 6:33 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee might have the worst reputation of any international sports body. Still, many candidates want to sit at soccer's high table, known as the ExCo.
- Bayern celebrates Bundesliga titles in front of 15,000 fans Updated: May-24-15 12:47 pm
MUNICH - Around 15,000 Bayern Munich fans gathered to see the club's men's and women's teams present their Bundesliga trophies from the city's town hall balcony on Sunday.
- Americans' new defense will be in attack mode when possible Updated: May-23-15 2:47 am
SAN JOSE, California - Meghan Klingenberg figured she could go above and beyond to further build team camaraderie, and it involved a box of beautiful gourmet doughnuts for her teammates before a recent World Cup tuneup.
- Expansion soccer team plans $250 million Los Angeles stadium Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Major League Soccer's expansion Los Angeles Football Club plans to build a $250 million stadium on the site of the old Sports Arena next to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- Leroux and Wambach each score twice, US beats Mexico 5-1 Updated: May-18-15 1:24 am
CARSON, California - Sydney Leroux realized what she'd been missing.
- Hope Solo sharp as World Cup looms Updated: May-15-15 5:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Hope Solo is succinct about her preparedness for the upcoming Women's World Cup.
- Soccer could be one of main attractions at 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: May-15-15 2:35 am
SAO PAULO - Soccer may finally get its turn to shine at the Olympics.
- Soccer's Alex Morgan soars in whirlwind between World Cups Updated: May-14-15 9:44 am
Alex Morgan was a bright-eyed Cal grad for her first World Cup back in 2011 and instantly became a star. Now she's a savvy vet, handling her fame with aplomb as she prepares for her World Cup sequel.
- Former player Whitehill to call US Women's World Cup games Updated: May-13-15 10:29 am
- Reporter reaches limit on soccer fans' sexual taunts Updated: May-12-15 5:06 pm
TORONTO - A female TV reporter is fighting back against sexually explicit taunts from soccer fans.
- FIFA says free offers for grass weren't consistent Updated: May-12-15 3:45 pm
Soccer's international governing body says it rejected informal offers it received to lay down real grass for the Women's World Cup in part because the proposals didn't include the practice fields.
- Keeper Hudson included in Aussie squad for her 4th World Cup Updated: May-11-15 11:17 pm
SYDNEY - Melissa Hudson has been recalled to Australia's squad to make a fourth trip to the women's World Cup, which kicks off next month in Canada.
- Defender Julie Johnston emerges as scorer for World Cup team Updated: May-11-15 3:24 am
SAN JOSE, California - Brandi Chastain, wearing a U.S. Julie Johnston No. 19 jersey, eagerly waited her turn for an autograph from the emerging American the World Cup star helped develop right up the street at Santa Clara University.
- Wambach scores twice in 3-0 US win over Ireland Updated: May-10-15 6:33 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Judy Wambach got a special Mother's Day gift.
- Wambach: FIFA turned down grass offer for Women's World Cup Updated: May-09-15 6:50 pm
SAN JOSE, California - U.S. women's national team forward Abby Wambach says soccer's international governing body rejected a free offer to put grass fields down for the upcoming Women's World Cup in Canada.
- Blatter says he's been 'godfather' for women's soccer Updated: May-07-15 1:50 pm
ZURICH - Describing himself as a "godfather" to women's soccer at FIFA, Sepp Blatter has acknowledged its appeal still trails that of the men's game.
- Blatter says he's been 'godfather' for women's football Updated: May-07-15 9:00 am
ZURICH - Describing himself as a "godfather" to women's football at FIFA, Sepp Blatter has acknowledged that its appeal still trails behind the men's game.
- Canada's star striker maintains focus despite attention Updated: May-06-15 11:38 am
Not a lot rattles Christine Sinclair. Not even the eyes of a nation.
- Kansas State building new soccer facility Updated: May-05-15 8:05 am
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State is building a $2.1 million soccer facility that will host most of the new women's soccer games.