- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Carli Lloyd says she trains every day, has eyes on Rio Updated: Nov-19-15 6:39 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Soccer star Carli Lloyd said Thursday she trains every day, including holidays and while on vacation, because it makes the difference between being good and being great.
- Caitlyn Jenner: Last 6 months have been 'eye-opening' Updated: Nov-10-15 2:56 am
NEW YORK - Caitlyn Jenner took the stage at Glamour magazine's Women of the Year awards and told an admiring crowd that the six months since she came out as a woman have been "the most eye-opening experience of my life."
- Women's soccer's W-League folds Updated: Nov-06-15 8:46 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Women's soccer's W-League has folded.
- Carli Lloyd, Lionel Messi nominated for FIFA goal of year Updated: Nov-06-15 10:53 am
ZURICH - Carli Lloyd and Lionel Messi are among the nominees for the FIFA Puskas Award for goal of the year.
- Football Federation Australia, union approve new contract Updated: Nov-06-15 1:18 am
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia and a players' union have agreed to a new collective bargaining agreement that covers the domestic A-League and both men's and women's national teams for four years.
- Glamour's Women of the Year: Witherspoon, Jenner, Copeland Updated: Oct-29-15 8:56 am
NEW YORK - Caitlyn Jenner, Reese Witherspoon, Misty Copeland and five women touched by the South Carolina church massacre and lauded in the aftermath as "The Peacemakers of Charleston" are among this year's honorees as Glamour magazine's Women of the Year.
- Wambach didn't want retirement to overshadow victory tour Updated: Oct-28-15 5:29 pm
When the final whistle blew on the Women's World Cup this summer, Abby Wambach was nearly convinced that it was her final championship.
- Wambach's accomplishments over 15-year career Updated: Oct-27-15 8:50 pm
Abby Wambach is retiring as one of international soccer's all-time great players. She announced Tuesday that she'll play her last international match on Dec. 16 in New Orleans.
- Obama honors US women's soccer team for World Cup victory Updated: Oct-27-15 2:16 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama welcomed the U.S. women's 2015 World Cup champion soccer team to the White House Tuesday, saying the team's victory with class, excitement and style inspired the whole country.