- Official snared in bribery case dies in suspicious crash Updated: May-24-16 6:54 pm
OPA-LOCKA, Florida - A Florida city official died in a suspicious single-vehicle crash a day before he was scheduled to surrender in a criminal corruption case involving thousands of dollars in bribes, authorities said Tuesday.
- California lawmaker backs pay initiative amid family charges Updated: May-24-16 6:09 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A California lawmaker is contributing to a ballot measure that stemmed from allegations of bribery against his uncle.
- Ex-border county commissioner, ex-judge confess to bribery Updated: May-24-16 6:06 pm
DEL RIO, Texas - A former county commissioner and a former justice of the peace have been sentenced to prison and ordered to pay restitution for bribery in an ongoing probe of public corruption in their corruption-plagued South Texas border county.
- Ethics commission considers election-season blackout Updated: May-24-16 4:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission is considering an election-season blackout on ethics complaints.
- Swiss bank to be shut over Malaysia embezzlement scandal Updated: May-24-16 10:59 am
GENEVA - A Swiss private bank accused of turning a blind eye to shady money transfers and willful defiance of regulators will face criminal proceedings and be liquidated for its alleged role in the suspected embezzlement of $4 billion from a Malaysian state fund.
- FIFA fires finance director Kattner over bonus payments Updated: May-23-16 5:47 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has fired its finance director of the past 13 years, removing another fixture of the Sepp Blatter presidential era in another round of revelations about irregular million-dollar payments.
- Retired chiropractor pleads guilty to taking kickbacks Updated: May-21-16 2:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - State authorities say a retired chiropractor has admitted taking more than $250,000 in illegal kickbacks from doctors and others in return for referring patients to their practices, clinics and medical imaging centers.
- 3rd executive pleads guilty in contract bribery scheme Updated: May-20-16 5:01 pm
DAVENPORT, Iowa - Another executive of a municipal contractor has pleaded guilty to his role in a scheme to bribe a former Bettendorf city official.
- Canadian at US border tried to bribe his way out of trouble Updated: May-20-16 10:35 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Authorities say a man from Nanaimo, British Columbia, tried to bribe his way out of trouble at the U.S. border with Canada. Charges say the man was caught crossing the border with marijuana and shotgun shells.
- FIFA judges want 2-year ban for Niersbach in 2006 bid case Updated: May-20-16 10:02 am
GENEVA - Just 10 days after the rebranded FIFA Council met for the first time, one of its members faces being banned from soccer in fallout from World Cup corruption allegations.
- Former RTD manager who took bribes gets 18 months in prison Updated: May-19-16 10:14 pm
DENVER - A former manager for the Denver-area Regional Transportation District has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for taking bribes from a contractor.
- Guard accused of smuggling drugs into Montana State Prison Updated: May-19-16 6:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Montana State Prison guard has been accused smuggling methamphetamine and marijuana into the prison in exchange for cash.
- Feds: Hawaii brothel owner bribed agents for protection Updated: May-18-16 9:39 pm
HONOLULU - An alleged Hawaii brothel owner tried to bribe federal agents in exchange for protection from raids, help with the U.S. citizenship test and recruitment of prostitutes, Homeland Security investigators said.
- Swiss send last of FIFA suspects to US in bribery case Updated: May-18-16 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - The longtime former head of the Nicaraguan soccer federation who most recently was employed by FIFA pleaded not guilty to racketeering charges Wednesday after he became the last of seven men extradited after their arrests in Zurich last year.
- The Latest: FIFA suspect extradited to US pleads not guilty Updated: May-18-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on former FIFA staffer Julio Rocha, who was extradited to the United States to face racketeering charges in a sprawling bribery case (all times local):
- Delaware restaurant owner charged with bribing IRS officer Updated: May-18-16 4:08 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Federal authorities have charged a Delaware restaurant owner with bribing an Internal Revenue Service officer in an attempt to reduce his liability for hundreds of thousands of dollars in business and personal income taxes.
- Former top Brazil presidential aide sentenced for corruption Updated: May-18-16 2:54 pm
SAO PAULO - A federal judge in Brazil on Wednesday sentenced a former presidential chief of staff to more than 20 years in prison for involvement in a massive corruption-kickback scheme at state-owned oil company Petrobras.
- Lithuanian Liberal leader quits over bribe allegations Updated: May-18-16 10:17 am
VILNIUS, Lithuania - The leader of Lithuania's opposition Liberal party has resigned as lawmaker after being accused of taking bribes from one of the largest business groups in the Baltic nation.
- Japanese Olympic Committee to investigate 2020 Olympic bid Updated: May-18-16 3:31 am
TOKYO - The president of the Japanese Olympic Committee said the body will investigate the Tokyo 2020 bidding process and payments to a Singapore firm that has enmeshed the bid in a bribery investigation.
- Monterey Park officer accused of assault while on duty Updated: May-17-16 8:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - A police officer in the city of Monterey Park has been charged with sexually assaulting or detaining three women while on duty - forcing each of them to expose themselves and touching two of them.
- Ethics reform bill moves forward in Rhode Island House Updated: May-17-16 6:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Top Rhode Island lawmakers are moving quickly to get an ethics reform initiative on the November ballot.
- Retired deputy to plead guilty to selling stolen ammunition Updated: May-17-16 5:35 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Documents filed in U.S. District Court show a retired Delaware County sheriff's deputy has agreed to plead guilty to selling more than $8,000 in county-owned ammunition.
- US Rep. Fattah: Consultants to blame for any financial crime Updated: May-16-16 4:50 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Lawyers for U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah blamed his former political consultants for any financial crimes that flowed from a costly, failed bid for Philadelphia mayor in opening statements at his corruption trial Monday.
- West Virginia officer faces bribery count after traffic stop Updated: May-16-16 2:38 pm
FARMINGTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia police officer has been charged with bribery after allegedly having sex with a woman seeking to avoid a traffic citation.
- Sports minister denies conflict of interest in Olympic works Updated: May-16-16 1:31 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's new sports minister is accused of a conflict of interest because a family business partners with a company selling gravel to construction companies working on Olympic projects.