- Ex-NY Senate leader heading to trial on corruption charges Updated: Jul-30-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - A former state Senate leader is set to go to trial this fall on charges he sold his office for the sake of his adult son.
- Feds accuse Philadelphia congressman Fattah of corruption Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah paid off an illegal $1 million campaign loan with federal grants and charitable donations, funneled campaign funds toward his son's student loans and disguised a lobbyist's bribe as payment for a Porsche his TV anchor wife never sold, prosecutors said Wednesday in announcing a racketeering indictment against him.
- CONMEBOL outlines reforms after FIFA bribery scandal Updated: Jul-29-15 6:57 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - The CONMEBOL soccer body will begin publishing the salary of its president and executive council members after being plunged into crisis by the FIFA bribery scandal.
- Owner of closed Chicago hospital sentenced in bribery scheme Updated: Jul-29-15 5:35 pm
CHICAGO - The owner of a closed hospital on Chicago's West Side has been sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison for bribing doctors to send patients there.
- S&P revises Brazil's outlook to negative Updated: Jul-28-15 3:19 pm
SAO PAULO - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Tuesday it has revised the outlook for Brazil's foreign-currency debt from stable to negative.
- Mead Johnson paying $12M to settle US bribery charges Updated: Jul-28-15 3:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Mead Johnson has agreed to pay $12 million to settle federal civil charges that its Chinese subsidiary bribed hospital professionals to recommend its infant formula to new or expecting mothers who were patients.
- Ex-Menifee councilman pleads guilty to conflict of interest Updated: Jul-28-15 1:05 am
MENIFEE, California - A former city councilman has pleaded guilty in a Southern California conflict-of-interest case.
- Former Utah attorney general pleads not guilty to bribery Updated: Jul-27-15 1:34 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former Utah attorney general pleaded not guilty Monday to 13 charges of bribery and other crimes after prosecutors say he accepted beach vacations and use of a luxury houseboat from businessmen in trouble with regulators.
- Houma interpreter charged with fraud to stand trial Updated: Jul-27-15 11:40 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Spanish-language interpreter accused of taking bribes from clients of the Terrebonne Parish Public Defender's Office is set for trial in two weeks on federal charges.
- Mayor pleads not guilty to medical practice bribery charges Updated: Jul-27-15 10:47 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A doctor who serves as mayor of a northern New Jersey town pleaded not guilty Monday to charges that he took cash bribes and other kickbacks for referring patients to a medical imaging company.
- Oct. sentencing set for Va. couple in prison bribery case Updated: Jul-26-15 1:13 pm
ABINGDON, Virginia - An October sentencing is set for a Virginia couple who pleaded guilty in a prison bribery case.
- Head of China's Hebei province investigated for corruption Updated: Jul-25-15 4:47 am
BEIJING - The head of a major Chinese province and former aide to disgraced official Zhou Yongkang has been placed under investigation as part of a widening probe into alleged corruption.
- Judge rejects ex-NY Assembly speaker's bid to toss charges Updated: Jul-24-15 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - Former New York state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver lost a bid Friday to toss out corruption charges against him.
- Ukraine's new police on charm offensive in Kiev Updated: Jul-24-15 4:02 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Only a few months ago, Kiev residents would normally avoid the police if they could help it. The officer would be of no use on a complaint - or worse, would demand a bribe.
- CONMEBOL leader Napout hopes to play scandal-hit Centenario Updated: Jul-24-15 1:36 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - CONMEBOL member countries still want to play the 2016 Copa America Centenario in the United States despite an ongoing bribery investigation, their president Juan Angel Napout said Friday.
- Former Czech politician gets prison term for corruption Updated: Jul-23-15 8:40 am
PRAGUE - A Prague court has convicted a former prominent member of the ruling Social Democrats of corruption and sentenced him to eight and a half years in prison in a high profile trial.
- Doctor sentenced role in medical lab bribery scheme Updated: Jul-22-15 2:59 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A doctor who accepted thousands of dollars in bribes from a northern New Jersey firm in return for test referrals has been sentenced to nearly two years in federal prison for his role in a scheme that netted more than two dozen other physicians.
- Coast contractor sentencing reset in public corruption case Updated: Jul-21-15 4:49 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Gulf Coast contractor's sentencing in a bribery conspiracy case involving the Harrison County Utility Authority has been rescheduled.
- Ex-San Francisco officer convicted in taxi-test bribe scheme Updated: Jul-20-15 11:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Authorities say a former San Francisco police officer has been convicted of two felony counts of bribery for accepting money in exchange for giving applicants to the city's taxi licensing test passing grades.
- Ex-judge on trial on conflict, theft of services charges Updated: Jul-20-15 2:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia judge is on trial this week on charges of theft of services and conflict of interest.
- NJ company to pay $17.1 million to resolve bribery charges Updated: Jul-17-15 5:28 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Justice Department officials say a New Jersey-based construction management company has agreed to pay $17.1 million to resolve charges it bribed foreign officials to gain government contracts.
- Analyst: probe could taint image of Brazil's ex- president Updated: Jul-17-15 5:23 pm
SAO PAULO - An investigation into allegations of influence peddling by Brazil's former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva could taint his image and weaken the ruling Workers' Party, analysts said Friday.
- Central Florida prison guard charged with bribery Updated: Jul-16-15 7:23 pm
OCALA, Florida - A former corrections officer at a federal prison in central Florida is charged with bribery.
- Northern California man sentenced to 10 years for pandering Updated: Jul-16-15 5:42 pm
EMERYVILLE, California - A Northern California man was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his role in operating a sex-trafficking ring based in the massage parlor he owned.
- US appeals court reinstates convictions in hospital scheme Updated: Jul-16-15 4:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A federal appeals court has reinstated the convictions of two men allegedly involved in a kickback-bribery scheme at a north Mississippi hospital.