- Nadal, Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters Updated: May-03-16 5:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal easily defeated Andrey Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-3 to reach the third round of the Madrid Masters on Tuesday, while Andy Murray advanced after a hard-fought 7-6, 3-6, 6-1 win over 37-year-old Radek Stepanek.
- Documents seized after searches at French Tennis Federation Updated: May-03-16 1:41 pm
PARIS - French prosecutors have seized documents after carrying out a series of searches at the national tennis federation and the home of its president Jean Gachassin on Tuesday.
- Federer withdraws from Madrid Masters because of back injury Updated: May-02-16 12:09 pm
MADRID - Roger Federer's injury woes continue.
- Murray with high expectations after breakthrough Madrid win Updated: May-02-16 10:59 am
MADRID - Andy Murray returns to the Madrid Masters with different expectations after his breakthrough win at the tournament a year ago.
- Nadal looks to keep momentum at Madrid Masters Updated: May-01-16 3:43 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal arrives at the Madrid Masters with a chance to erase any doubts about his form going into the French Open.
- Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky wins in Morocco Updated: Apr-30-16 5:37 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky comfortably beat qualifier Marina Erakovic of New Zealand 6-2, 6-1 to win the Grand Prix SAR on Saturday.
- Pittsburgh's Fratangelo earns USTA wild card for French Open Updated: Apr-26-16 8:49 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The U.S. Tennis Association says that 2011 French Open junior champion Bjorn Fratangelo of Pittsburgh has earned a wild-card entry for the main draw at Roland Garros.
- Nadal wins Barcelona Open, equals clay-court record Updated: Apr-24-16 4:37 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal beat defending champion Kei Nishikori 6-4, 7-5 to win the Barcelona Open for the ninth time on Sunday, equaling Guillermo Vilas' record of 49 career clay-court titles.
- Murray to remain outspoken against doping Updated: Apr-22-16 8:48 am
LONDON - Andy Murray plans to remain outspoken against doping, despite facing a backlash for some of his recent comments on performance-enhancing drugs in tennis.
- Caroline Wozniacki out of Madrid, Rome with injured ankle Updated: Apr-18-16 6:57 pm
Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki says she is pulling out of clay-court tournaments in Madrid and Rome because of an injured right ankle, putting her status for the French Open in doubt.
- Rafael Nadal glad he won 9th Monte Carlo title the hard way Updated: Apr-17-16 4:56 pm
MONACO - Rafael Nadal is glad he won a ninth Monte Carlo Masters title the hard way, after defeating Frenchman Gael Monfils 7-5, 5-7, 6-0 in an error-strewn final Sunday.
- French Open prize money raised 14 percent to 32 million Updated: Apr-14-16 9:19 am
PARIS - French Open prize money will increase by 14 percent this year, with the men's and women's champions winning 2 million euros ($2.25 million) each - an increase of 200,000 euros ($225,000).
- American Stephens wins Volvo Car Open, beats Vesnina Updated: Apr-10-16 4:38 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Sloane Stephens invited a friend to come watch her play at the Volvo Car Open.