- The Latest: Iraq PM says situation in Baghdad under control Updated: Apr-30-16 1:32 pm
BAGHDAD - The Latest on anti-government protests in Iraq (all times local):
- IS claims responsibility for Baghdad bombing that killed 21 Updated: Apr-30-16 6:42 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday east of Baghdad, according to a statement posted on an IS-affiliated website. The attack killed at least 21 people and wounded at least 42 others, according to Iraqi police and hospital officials. The IS statement described the attack as a three-ton truck bombing.
- Senior Pentagon official criticizes House Benghazi probe Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON - A senior Pentagon official criticized the House Republican-led investigation into the deadly attacks in Benghazi, Libya, saying the panel has made a "crescendo" of costly, duplicative and unnecessary requests, including some based on claims made on Facebook or talk radio.
- US urges action by Bangladesh to prevent killings Updated: Apr-29-16 3:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry called on Bangladesh's leader to step up law enforcement to prevent a wave of killings targeting liberal voices, the State Department said Friday amid fears that the traditionally moderate South Asian nation is under threat from Islamic extremists.
- The Latest: MSF says Syria hospital bombing killed 50 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:40 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on developments in Syria's civil war (all times local):
- 2 Birmingham men accused of funding Brussels bomb suspect Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 am
LONDON - Two Birmingham men were accused in court Friday of giving money to a key suspect in the Brussels and Paris bombings in a case that may link British residents to those plots.
- Italy's anti-terror chief: nabbed quartet were 'dangerous' Updated: Apr-29-16 8:05 am
ROME - Italy's top anti-terror prosecutor says four suspects arrested in northern Italy were "very dangerous."
- 3 with family ties to San Bernardino shooters arrested Updated: Apr-29-16 4:57 am
RIVERSIDE, California - The brother of the man behind the San Bernardino terror attack and two Russian sisters have been charged with marriage fraud in a case that was unrelated to the December shootings but came to light in the investigation that followed it.
- Nigerian princess seeks funds to help Boko Haram survivors Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 am
ATLANTA - It pains Nigerian princess Modupe Ozolua every time she hears about the suicide bombings, killings and kidnappings by the Boko Haram militant group in her ancestral homeland.
- Men accused in terror plot arraigned on additional charges Updated: Apr-28-16 9:00 pm
BOSTON - Two men already held on charges they conspired to help the Islamic State group have pleaded not guilty to additional terrorism charges.
- The Latest: 3 tied to terror shooter deny sham-marriage plot Updated: Apr-28-16 8:50 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - The Latest on warrants served in a marriage fraud investigation stemming from the December terror attack that killed 14 in San Bernardino (all times local):
- UK police charge 3 with terrorism offenses in Birmingham Updated: Apr-28-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - British police on Thursday charged two men and a woman from Birmingham with terrorism-related offenses in a probe that began after the deadly extremist attacks on Paris and Brussels.
- Haley: Feds have left South Carolina in dark on Guantanamo Updated: Apr-28-16 2:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley on Thursday criticized the federal government for keeping her in the dark about plans to potentially transfer Guantanamo detainees to South Carolina, telling a U.S. House panel that she has heard no details about what she says could be detrimental for her state.
- Fighting erupts in Turkish parliament over contentious bill Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish lawmakers on Thursday fought and threw punches at each other as they debated a contentious ruling-party proposal to strip themselves of immunity from prosecution - a move that could pave the way for the trial of pro-Kurdish legislators on terrorism-related charges. Five people were hurt in the fighting, a news agency reported.
- Prosecutors says IS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome Updated: Apr-28-16 11:43 am
MILAN - Italian police have arrested four suspects in a foreign fighter investigation, including a Moroccan-born man living in Italy who had received Islamic State orders to carry out attacks on Rome during Holy Year, prosecutors said Thursday.
- Turkish journalists sentenced over Charlie Hebdo cover Updated: Apr-28-16 11:22 am
ISTANBUL - A court in Istanbul on Thursday sentenced two journalists from a pro-opposition newspaper to two years in prison for publishing French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo's controversial cover featuring a Prophet Muhammad cartoon, amid rising concerns about freedom of expression in Turkey.
- After hostage beheading, is Philippines facing IS threat? Updated: Apr-28-16 9:11 am
MANILA, Philippines - Months before Abu Sayyaf militants beheaded retired Canadian mining executive John Ridsdel in the tropical jungles of the southern Philippines, they showed him pleading for life in a video with three other hostages that demanded a record-high ransom.
- Bahrain sentences 8 to life in prison on terrorism charges Updated: Apr-28-16 7:53 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in Bahrain has sentenced eight people to life in prison on various terrorism-related charges connected to protests by the country's majority Shiites demanding greater rights from the tiny-island nation's Sunni-led monarchy.
- Turkey: 15 detained in connection to suicide bombing Updated: Apr-28-16 4:23 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish authorities on Thursday detained 15 people in connection with a suicide bomb attack in the northwestern city of Bursa which wounded 13 people, Interior Minister Efkan Ala said.
- Russia asks UN to blacklist 2 powerful Syrian rebel groups Updated: Apr-27-16 11:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia said Wednesday it has asked the U.N. Security Council to blacklist two powerful Syrian rebel groups that it considers "terrorist organizations," one which is playing a key role in political negotiations aimed at ending the five-year conflict.
- Minnesota man admits lying about Islamic State contact Updated: Apr-27-16 7:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota man charged with threatening to "shoot up" a drugstore pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to the FBI about when he last contacted the Islamic State group in a separate case.
- US warns citizens over possible terror threats in Turkey Updated: Apr-27-16 5:54 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The United States has issued a new warning to its citizens about "credible indications" of terrorist threats at tourist areas in Turkey.
- Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam extradited, charged in France Updated: Apr-27-16 3:28 pm
PARIS - The lone known surviving suspect in the Paris attacks was returned Wednesday to the city where Islamic State extremists unleashed a night of mayhem and charged with a host of terrorism offenses, raising hopes that he may be able to help French investigators trace the pathways of IS fighters thought to be hiding out in Europe.
- 4 Germans on trial accused of plan to attack migrant shelter Updated: Apr-27-16 1:13 pm
BERLIN - Four people have appeared in a German court accused of "forming a terrorist organization" and planning to attack a refugee shelter.
- The Latest: Paris suspect charged with terrorist murders Updated: Apr-27-16 12:38 pm
PARIS - The Latest on Paris attacks (all times local):