- Kerry condemns Palestinian attacks against Israeli civilians Updated: Oct-13-15 5:48 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday condemned terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians and said that violence between Israelis and Palestinians "has got to stop."
- Court reinstates lawsuit over NYPD surveillance of Muslims Updated: Oct-13-15 2:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A federal appeals court on Tuesday reinstated a lawsuit challenging the New York Police Department's surveillance of Muslim groups in New Jersey after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, saying any resulting harm came from the city's tactics, not the media's reporting of them.
- Russian Embassy shelled in Syria as insurgents hit back Updated: Oct-13-15 2:40 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Russian Embassy in Damascus was shelled Tuesday as pro-government demonstrators gathered outside, and Syria's largest insurgent coalition announced an offensive to counter Moscow's airstrikes that have injected new fury in the conflict.
- Turkish PM: Suicide bombers 'originated' from Syria Updated: Oct-13-15 2:33 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey has intelligence suggesting that militants "originating" from Syria were planning to carry out attacks in Turkey, the country's president said Tuesday, but added that no groups were being ruled out in the investigation into a deadly attack on a peace rally.
- Russia says thwarted Moscow terror attack planned by 12 Updated: Oct-13-15 1:24 pm
MOSCOW - Russian security officials released new details Tuesday about a group suspected of planning a terror attack in Moscow with support from the Islamic State group, saying it was comprised of 12 Russian citizens, including at least one who had been trained in Syria.
- Navy, families mark 15th anniversary of attack on USS Cole Updated: Oct-12-15 3:39 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy is marking the 15th anniversary of the terrorist attack on the USS Cole, which killed 17 sailors and injured dozens of others while in port in Yemen.
- The Latest: Suicide bombers exploded TNT at peace rally Updated: Oct-12-15 3:20 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Developments relating to Saturday's deadly bombings targeting a peace rally in the Turkish capital of Ankara. All times local.
- Navy, families mark 15th anniversary of attack on USS Cole Updated: Oct-12-15 2:45 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - It's been a decade since Olivia Rux attended a memorial ceremony for her husband Kevin and the 16 other sailors who were killed in a 2000 terrorist attack on the USS Cole while it was in port in Yemen.
- Indonesia tries 7 suspected militants over IS links Updated: Oct-12-15 9:13 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia began trials Monday of seven men on charges of conspiring with terrorists and recruiting for militant groups in the Mideast, including the Islamic State, which has an estimated hundreds of Indonesians as members.
- 3 UK men accused of plotting IS-inspired knife attack Updated: Oct-12-15 8:44 am
LONDON - Three British men have gone on trial, charged with an alleged Islamic State-inspired plot to launch a knife attack.
- Boko Haram stages suicide bombings in Cameroon, Chad Updated: Oct-11-15 1:50 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Nigeria's Islamic extremist insurgents Boko Haram are blamed for using teens and women to carry out suicide bombings in neighboring Chad and Cameroon this weekend, killing more than 45 people in what Cameroon's government spokesman said is a move to spread terror as a multinational force prepares to deploy against them.
- Suicide bombings kill 95 people at Ankara peace rally Updated: Oct-10-15 7:00 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Nearly simultaneous explosions targeted a Turkish peace rally Saturday in Ankara, killing at least 95 people and wounding hundreds in Turkey's deadliest attack in years - one that threatens to inflame the nation's ethnic tensions.
- 5 suicide bombings target Chad, killing at least 36 people Updated: Oct-10-15 5:29 pm
N'DJAMENA, Chad - At least five suicide bombers on Saturday targeted a village in Chad that is home to thousands of Nigerians who have fled Islamic extremist violence, killing at least 36 people and wounding about 50 others in what appeared to be coordinated attacks, officials said.
- Officials: CIA-backed Syrian rebels under Russian blitz Updated: Oct-10-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - CIA-backed rebels in Syria, who had begun to put serious pressure on President Bashar Assad's forces, are now under Russian bombardment with little prospect of rescue by their American patrons, U.S. officials say.
- US airman's condition upgraded as he recovers from stabbing Updated: Oct-09-15 9:36 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A U.S. airman hailed as a hero for helping thwart a European terror attack was upgraded from serious to fair condition Friday as he recovered from three stab wounds suffered in a late-night attack near a bar, UC Davis Medical Center officials said Friday, indicating that his vital signs are stable and normal and he is conscious.
- Terror funding defendant wants federal case dismissed Updated: Oct-09-15 12:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - A Bosnian man has asked a federal judge in St. Louis to toss out an indictment accusing him of supporting terrorist groups in Iraq and Syria, insisting prosecutors lack sufficient facts proving he tried to underwrite terrorism.
- Judge orders psychological exam for Idaho terrorism suspect Updated: Oct-09-15 10:39 am
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An Idaho judge has ordered a psychological evaluation to determine whether a man charged with terrorism and possession of explosive devices is fit to stand trial.
- The Latest: Nobel chair hopes prize may be example to Libya Updated: Oct-09-15 8:51 am
OSLO, Norway - The latest developments in the awarding of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize. All times local.
- 9/11 exhibit to be featured at Black Walnut Festival Updated: Oct-08-15 4:01 am
SPENCER, West Virginia - The upcoming Black Walnut Festival in Spencer is set to feature a traveling 9/11 exhibit.
- Syrian militant group recasts itself as moderate option Updated: Oct-08-15 2:11 am
BEIRUT - The militants brought the two men into a square in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo, then announced their punishment for failing to attend Friday prayers: 25 lashes delivered by a hose-wielding militant that left their backs covered in welts and dark bruises.
- California men in Islamic State case face new charges Updated: Oct-08-15 2:01 am
SANTA ANA, California - Two California men authorities say conspired to join the Islamic State group are facing new charges of bank and financial aid fraud.
- AP INVESTIGATION: Nuclear black market seeks IS extremists Updated: Oct-07-15 5:46 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - In the backwaters of Eastern Europe, authorities working with the FBI have interrupted four attempts in the past five years by gangs with suspected Russian connections that sought to sell radioactive material to Middle Eastern extremists, The Associated Press has learned. The latest known case came in February this year, when a smuggler offered a huge cache of deadly cesium - enough to contaminate several city blocks - and specifically sought a buyer from the Islamic State group.
- Alleged mastermind of Nigeria bomb attempts suicide in court Updated: Oct-07-15 4:17 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - He's alive: the message comes from Nigerian prison officials after the alleged mastermind of a 2010 bomb attack at Nigeria's Independence Day celebrations tried to kill himself at a court hearing, followed by rumors he had died in jail.
- Algeria kills 'dangerous terrorist' near Tunisian border Updated: Oct-07-15 4:06 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - The Algerian Defense Ministry says its security forces have killed a "dangerous terrorist" active since 1995 in an eastern region near the border with Tunisia.
- The Latest: US aircraft rerouted over Syria, avoids Russians Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 pm
BEIRUT - The latest developments after Syrian troops, emboldened by Russian airstrikes, launch a ground offensive against insurgents (all times local).