- URI awarded grant to create writing program for sciences Updated: Aug-29-15 11:22 am
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The University of Rhode Island has been awarded $500,000 to create a writing program for graduate students in the sciences.
- After 60 years of research, McLaughlin faces new challenge Updated: Aug-29-15 5:05 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Since its 1954 inception as a small research laboratory in out-of-the-way Great Falls, Montana, the McLaughlin Research Institute has grown to a highly respected biomedical research center whose scientists' research has been cited as contributing to the work of two Nobel Prize winners for physiology or medicine.
- University at Buffalo lands $16 million health grant Updated: Aug-17-15 3:07 am
BUFFALO, New York - The University at Buffalo has landed a $16 million, four-year grant from the National Institutes of Health to speed the delivery of new drugs and medical devices to patients.
- MSU research spending dips slightly to $106.9 million Updated: Aug-15-15 3:59 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Research spending at Montana State University slowed slightly in the past year to $106.9 million.
- Vanderbilt received $10M in grants for fetal tissue research Updated: Aug-14-15 2:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt University is one of nearly 100 research institutions to receive federal funding for fetal tissue research between 2011 and 2014 - a practice that has unleashed a furor on Capitol Hill after anti-abortion activists recently released undercover videos pertaining to such research.
- EPA awards grant to Arkansas take action on air toxics Updated: Aug-12-15 2:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded a $503,071 grant to the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality to help administer the state's pollution prevention and control program.
- $6 million grant to fund study of dams in New England Updated: Aug-11-15 3:39 am
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A $6 million grant from the National Science Foundation program will fund a four-year study examining the future of dams in New England.