- Augustana receives $1M donation for buildings, endowment Updated: Apr-27-16 11:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Augustana University has received a $1 million donation toward a student activities center, a science building and an endowment to support athletics.
- Funding cut threatens biology museum's specimen collection Updated: Apr-25-16 4:56 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A museum at the University of New Mexico contains the world's largest archive of frozen tissue samples, but the future of the half-million biological specimens stored there is at risk.
- Report: Jailed Iranian Texas graduate student hospitalized Updated: Apr-24-16 1:15 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's judiciary spokesman has said that an Iranian graduate student studying at the University of Texas who is in jail in Tehran, has been hospitalized for surgery outside prison.
- US grant of $20 million will study Lake Champlain resiliency Updated: Apr-18-16 2:51 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Scientists from a number of Vermont colleges and universities will be using a $20 million federal grant to study what makes some sections of the Lake Champlain watershed bounce back faster than others after extreme weather, officials announced Monday.
- Omaha-based medical school gets grant for science literacy Updated: Apr-16-16 6:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The University of Nebraska Medical School in Omaha has received a renewal of a $1.25 million national grant to help strengthening the math and science curriculum among Native American youth in Nebraska and South Dakota.
- UConn to display work of biologist who collected 2M insects Updated: Apr-13-16 7:26 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut will use a $500,000 grant to give the public access to decades of work by a former biologist and his wife, who collected more than 2 million army ants, mites and other critters during more than 20 expeditions to the jungles of Central and South America.
- State grant to help pay for roads around physics facility Updated: Apr-13-16 2:29 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - State officials have awarded a $3 million grant for road projects to support the operation of a nuclear science facility being built at Michigan State University.
- Sale of sea scallops to fund research on loggerhead turtles Updated: Apr-12-16 12:23 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Organizations in five states will receive more than $15 million for marine science research projects funded by the sale of sea scallops.