- Correction: IndyCar-Stefan Wilson-Indy 500 story Updated: May-04-16 2:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a story April 26, The Associated Press reported erroneously that organ donations from the late IndyCar driver Justin Wilson saved six lives. The Indiana Donor Network, citing updated information from Wilson's family, says five lives were saved.
- 72-hour wait time for abortions in La. nears final passage Updated: May-03-16 7:30 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A proposal to triple the wait time for an abortion in Louisiana is nearing final legislative passage, winning support from an overwhelming number of state lawmakers in both the House and Senate.
- The Latest: Woman in drive-by pronounced brain-dead Updated: May-03-16 6:30 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Latest on an apparently random shooting along an interstate in Wisconsin that killed an Illinois woman (all times local):
- NY educators to develop school curriculum on organ donation Updated: Apr-29-16 5:53 am
ALBANY, New York - New York education officials say they're working with lawmakers and organizations that promote organ donation to develop a model curriculum that will be made available for free to school districts statewide in September.
- Double transplant in Stanford gives women new organs Updated: Apr-25-16 10:46 am
STANFORD, California - A rare "domino" transplant in Stanford has provided new organs to two women.
- Missouri House passes ban on fetal-tissue donation Updated: Apr-14-16 3:06 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers are advancing a proposed ban on donation of fetal tissue from abortions.
- Missouri House advances ban on fetal-tissue donation Updated: Apr-13-16 12:03 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri House is advancing legislation to ban donation of fetal tissue from abortions.
- Louisiana, Alabama families meet after heart transplant Updated: Apr-07-16 8:57 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Emotions, adrenaline and uneasiness abounded as Jonathan and Holley Perry traveled from Monroe, Louisiana, to east Alabama to meet Tucker, Amanda and Davis Boswell for the first time.