- Bigfork husband donates kidney to wife Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
KALISPELL, Montana - Tyson Niewoehner simply smiles when asked how he and his wife, Shelley, will celebrate Valentine's Day this year.
- Wisconsin lawmaker proposes organ donation leave of absence Updated: Jan-26-16 12:10 pm
MILWAUKEE - A state senator whose husband died while waiting for a transplant is proposing legislation requiring Wisconsin employers to allow unpaid leave for donating an organ.
- Toddler who got lifesaving transplant meets donor Updated: Jan-23-16 12:02 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - One day of Laura Pacheco's time gave a 3-year-old stranger a lifetime.
- House panel wants to specify fetal tissue can't be sold Updated: Jan-21-16 6:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - House subcommittee members said Thursday that state law should specify that it is illegal to sell fetal tissue, and that donating tissue requires a woman's written consent, though they found no evidence either is occurring in South Carolina.
- Nebraska senators advance bill to encourage organ donations Updated: Jan-12-16 6:59 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Legislature easily advanced a bill to encourage drivers to be organ donors despite a six-hour debate about "forced speech" and misleading language.
- Missouri senators review bill to ban fetal-tissue donations Updated: Jan-12-16 3:12 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Fetal-tissue donation would be banned in Missouri and the state health department would need to annually inspect abortion clinics under Republican-sponsored legislation that was reviewed Tuesday in a Senate committee.
- Delaware woman uses car to advertise for kidney for father Updated: Jan-11-16 9:04 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A Delaware woman whose father is in need of a kidney donor is using her car to advertise for one.