- Junction City man gets life for operating cocaine ring Updated: Nov-25-15 1:02 pm
JUNCTION CITY, Kansas - A Junction City man faces life in prison for his role in a cocaine trafficking ring in northeast Kansas.
- 30 people arrested in New York drug bust Updated: Nov-25-15 5:44 am
NEW CITY, New York - Authorities say 30 have been arrested in a drug ring they say originated out of a suburban New York hotel room.
- Jury convicts Boston man of smuggling drugs into Maine Updated: Nov-25-15 4:56 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Boston man who was caught smuggling heroin and cocaine into Maine last year has been found guilty of a drug charge.
- Baker signs bill to crack down on fentanyl trafficking Updated: Nov-24-15 6:36 pm
BOSTON - A law signed Tuesday by Gov. Charlie Baker makes trafficking of fentanyl, a powerful synthetic drug sometimes mixed with heroin, a crime punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
- In Mexico, fear as victims vanish at hands of police Updated: Nov-24-15 12:05 am
TELOLOAPAN, Mexico - Carlos Sanchez lay in the backseat of a Honda sedan with his head in his wife's lap, an oxygen tube in his nose, IV in his arm and three bullets in his body. The 36-year-old taco vendor cried out in pain at every bump on the pitch-dark highway to the city of Iguala.
- Arizona governor wants major new spending on border security Updated: Nov-23-15 5:18 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey said Monday he wants the Legislature to approve "tens of millions of dollars" in new funding for a border security force made up of state police, a move intended to address border smuggling even as immigration and terrorism worries emerge as potent 2016 political issues.
- Palermo prosecutor: Mafia was considering killing a minister Updated: Nov-20-15 11:05 am
ROME - Palermo's chief prosecutor says a crime clan based in Cosa Nostra's Corleone stronghold discussed assassinating the interior minister because they blame him for exceptionally tough prison conditions.
- Mexico police arrest an alleged leader of Jalisco cartel Updated: Nov-18-15 9:50 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's federal police have arrested a principle operator of a drug cartel in western Jalisco state that is the country's fastest growing international criminal organization, its commissioner said Wednesday.
- The Latest: FBI agent: Defendant said he approved of crime Updated: Nov-18-15 3:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The latest from the trial of a man facing murder and racketeering charges in an organized crime case in San Francisco's Chinatown (all times are local):
- Baltimore police arrest 12 in alleged drug ring; 7 sought Updated: Nov-09-15 6:18 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore Police have arrested 12 people in connection with drugs and illegal weapons seized in Baltimore's Brooklyn neighborhood.
- Arizona authorities arrest 21, seize 40 bales of marijuana Updated: Nov-06-15 11:18 am
FLORENCE, Arizona - Arizona authorities have arrested 21 people and seized 40 bales of marijuana in a bust they say is tied to the Sinaloa drug cartel.
- 12 arrested in meth, heroin trafficking bust Updated: Nov-05-15 6:06 pm
SEATTLE - Authorities say 12 people have been arrested in connection with a drug trafficking ring in King and Snohomish counties.
- Corruption trial starts in Rome for 46 politicians, others Updated: Nov-05-15 11:19 am
ROME - An Italian court on Thursday began the trial of 46 politicians, businessmen and others in a still-expanding corruption probe investigating Rome's City Hall that has revealed a well-oiled system of alleged kickbacks, payoffs, and Mafia-style intimidation to gain control of millions of dollars of city contracts.
- Mobsters nabbed after rebellion by Sicilian businessmen Updated: Nov-02-15 7:08 am
ROME - Police in Sicily have arrested 22 suspected mobsters after businesses, tired of paying the Mafia "protection" money, rebelled and contacted authorities.
- Milan security chief to sub for ousted mayor of Rome Updated: Oct-31-15 1:55 pm
ROME - Milan's top security official has been tapped to run Rome after the mayor was forced to step down by fellow party leaders worried he couldn't turn around the city, plagued by corruption and inadequate public services.
- Spain, Portugal police bust drug-smuggling gang, arrest 15 Updated: Oct-31-15 12:06 pm
MADRID - Spanish and Portuguese police say they have dismantled an organization that used powerboats to import large quantities of drugs into Spain from Morocco and have arrested 15 suspects.
- Georgia doctor sentenced for roving pain management clinic Updated: Oct-29-15 10:15 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Georgia doctor accused of running a roving pain management clinic in South Mississippi has been fined $15,000 and sentenced to prison for five years.
- Police arrest 13 suspects in Indianapolis heroin ring Updated: Oct-29-15 3:53 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A civilian Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department employee is among 13 people who have been arrested in a gang-related heroin ring on the city's northwest side.
- More than 30 indicted in Northeast Texas-based drug ring Updated: Oct-27-15 3:06 pm
TEXARKANA, Texas - Authorities say more than 30 suspects have been indicted in a Northeast Texas-based drug ring with ties to Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee.