- Radical teachers vow to block Mexican midterm elections Updated: Jun-01-15 5:41 pm
MEXICO CITY - Members of a radical Mexican teachers union broke into or blockaded electoral offices in the southern state of Oaxaca on Monday amid threats to block this weekend's midterm elections.
- Retired Colombian general on trial in murder of politician Updated: Jun-01-15 4:36 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombia's Supreme Court began hearing arguments Monday in the trial of a retired army general accused of taking part in the 1989 assassination of a top presidential contender.
- Retrial for 'Big Tony' in 2001 Florida businessman's killing Updated: Jun-01-15 3:06 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Jury selection is beginning for the retrial of a reputed mobster charged in the 2001 slaying of a prominent South Florida businessman who ran a gambling fleet and founded Miami Subs restaurants.
- 3 more admit roles in drug ring run by Atlantic City gang Updated: May-31-15 11:26 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three more people have admitted roles in a heroin ring that authorities say was run by a street gang that used threats, intimidation and violence to maintain control of Atlantic City's illegal drug trade.
- Little Rock man pleads guilty to manslaughter Updated: May-29-15 8:19 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Little Rock man who was accused of killing a gang rival has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.
- 2 to plead guilty in Los Angeles fashion district raids Updated: May-28-15 11:07 pm
LOS ANGELES - A father and son have agreed to plead guilty to crimes stemming from an investigation into suspected money laundering for Mexican drug cartels in the Los Angeles fashion district.
- 41 people indicted in alleged heroin ring on reservations Updated: May-28-15 3:13 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Federal and tribal law enforcement authorities said Thursday they've taken down an interstate drug trafficking ring that was the largest source of heroin on two Minnesota American Indian reservations.
- Mexico drops charges against 4 men, finds they were tortured Updated: May-27-15 9:38 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge has freed four men imprisoned for almost seven years on charges they threw hand grenades into a crowd at a Mexican independence day celebration in 2008, killing eight people.
- Suspected Camorra boss arrested in Brazil after 30-year run Updated: May-26-15 1:58 pm
SAO PAULO - A suspected boss of the Naples-based organized crime syndicate known as the Camorra was arrested Tuesday in Brazil after more than 30 years on the run, police said.
- Independent candidate rides hatred of politics in Mexico Updated: May-25-15 2:32 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexicans' disgust with corrupt, aloof, high-living politicians has a name, and it's El Bronco. The horseback-riding, boot-clad, tough-talking Jaime Rodriguez lives up to his nickname.
- Monmouth officials say they bust heroin drug ring Updated: May-23-15 3:05 pm
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - Monmouth County officials say they have broken up a heroin drug ring and arrested 14 people after an eight-month investigation in the Bayshore region.
- Missouri governor commute's man's sentence for pot offenses Updated: May-22-15 11:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri man sentenced to life without parole for marijuana-related offenses is eligible for parole Friday after Gov. Jay Nixon commuted his sentence.
- Cartel surveillance cameras found in Mexican border city Updated: May-22-15 8:14 pm
CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico - A drug cartel in the northern state of Tamaulipas used at least 39 surveillance cameras to monitor the comings and goings of authorities in the city of Reynosa across the border from Texas, Mexican officials said Friday.
- 10 get federal prison over El Paso methamphetamine ring Updated: May-22-15 9:12 am
EL PASO, Texas - Ten people have been sentenced to prison for their roles in a West Texas-based methamphetamine ring that sent drugs to California, Illinois and Georgia.
- Sinaloa cartel enforcer 'Chino Antrax' pleads guilty in US Updated: May-20-15 6:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - A top enforcer for Mexico's Sinaloa cartel pleaded guilty Wednesday to drug charges in a wide investigation of the group in the United States.
- Sentence rescheduled to June 5 for drug lord's cousin Updated: May-20-15 7:16 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Sentencing has been rescheduled for a cousin of one of the world's most notorious drug lords for his role in trying to expand the violent cartel's reach into Europe and the United States.
- Venezuela's No. 2 denies any involvement in drug trafficking Updated: May-19-15 9:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The powerful leader of Venezuela's congress on Tuesday fiercely denied allegations he might be involved in the drug trade.
- Oakland airport baggage handlers charged with pot smuggling Updated: May-19-15 4:20 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three baggage handlers at Oakland International Airport are accused of using their security clearance to get marijuana-packed suitcases past checkpoints and onto planes as part of a drug smuggling ring involving 11 other people, federal prosecutors said.
- Drug ring member sentenced for conspiring to sell heroin Updated: May-19-15 1:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Another member of a large-scale drug trafficking ring that sold heroin at the Jersey Shore is headed to prison.
- Man in Anchorage drug ring gets 3 life sentences Updated: May-19-15 7:59 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man involved in a violent drug ring that operated in Anchorage has received three life sentences for his crimes.
- Oakland airport baggage handlers charged with drug smuggling Updated: May-19-15 12:23 am
OAKLAND, California - Federal authorities say three baggage handlers at Oakland International Airport are among 14 people charged as part of an alleged marijuana smuggling ring.
- Police bust drugs ring in northern Spain, arrest 11 Updated: May-16-15 9:19 am
MADRID - Spanish officials say police have busted a drug-dealing gang and arrested 11 people on suspicion of trafficking in narcotics in northern region of Rioja.
- 2 political candidates fatally shot in restive Mexico states Updated: May-15-15 4:59 pm
MEXICO CITY - A candidate for mayor was shot to death in western Mexico and a man running for city council was gunned downed in southern Mexico, bringing to at least three the number of candidates killed in the run-up to the June 7 midterm elections.
- New cartel arises from Mexico's assault on big drug lords Updated: May-09-15 12:12 am
MEXICO CITY - It has the drugs and distribution system of a traditional cartel - and it has the modern weapons and audacity of an army. After attacking federal forces, downing a military helicopter and shutting down streets in Mexico's second-largest city last week, the New Generation Jalisco cartel is now the main enemy in the country's fight with drug cartels.
- Suspended priest dubbed Monsignor Meth gets over 5-year term Updated: May-07-15 8:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A suspended Roman Catholic priest dubbed Monsignor Meth apologized Thursday for running a methamphetamine distribution ring and letting down scores of friends and parishioners.