- 3 brothers sentenced for leading violent drug ring in Camden Updated: May-28-16 12:56 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three brothers who led a violent Camden drug ring that authorities say had ties to Mexican drug cartels are now headed to prison.
- Hospitalized suspect in Reno pill mill raid bound for jail Updated: May-27-16 7:41 pm
RENO, Nevada - A federal judge in Reno has ordered one of the key suspects in an alleged prescription drug trafficking-ring to return to the county jail when he's released from the hospital where he was taken for a medical emergency.
- Man with reported ties to Montreal Mafia gunned down Updated: May-27-16 7:12 pm
MONTREAL - A man with high-level ties to organized crime in Montreal was shot dead north of the city, Quebec provincial police said Friday.
- Maui man pleads guilty to meth charge, biting officer Updated: May-25-16 9:09 pm
HONOLULU - A man admitted in court Wednesday that he got involved with a Maui meth trafficking ring to support his own drug habit, which led to his assaulting two federal agents - one of whom he bit.
- The Latest: Man pleads guilty to meth charge, biting officer Updated: May-25-16 8:35 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on a guilty plea in a case involving meth trafficking and a bitten officer (all times local):
- Venezuela breaks up drug ring, seized 3.4 tons of cocaine Updated: May-25-16 5:41 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Authorities in Venezuela say they dismantled a drug-trafficking ring with links to a Mexican cartel after seizing more than 3.4 metric tons of cocaine.
- Arizona sheriff warns of cartel gunfire in wilderness Updated: May-25-16 3:10 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - An Arizona sheriff has warned holiday hikers and campers to beware of cartel assassins who have been ambushing rivals and stealing drugs and money.
- Baton Rouge US prosecutors bring Orleans drug charges Updated: May-24-16 4:02 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Federal authorities in Baton Rouge say five people have been indicted in connection with an alleged heroin trafficking operation in New Orleans.
- Police, soldiers swarm Mexico's Acapulco, killings continue Updated: May-22-16 3:23 pm
ACAPULCO, Mexico - Along with beach towels or sandals, there's a new popular beach accessory that says a lot about the violence gripping this once-glamorous resort: a small black leather tote hanging from the neck or shoulders of some men. It's not a man-bag, exactly; it holds a small pistol.
- Reno doctor in painkiller probe remains in jail without bail Updated: May-19-16 10:24 pm
RENO, Nevada - A well-known Reno doctor at the center of a federal investigation into an allegedly deadly prescription drug-trafficking ring lost his bid Thursday to be released from jail even under the strictest conditions pending his trial scheduled this summer.
- The Latest: West remains jailed in Reno painkiller probe Updated: May-19-16 9:24 pm
RENO, Nevada - The latest in a federal investigation into a prescription drug-trafficking ring in Reno. All times local (PDT):
- Trio apprehended in oil patch facing federal drug charges Updated: May-19-16 8:23 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - Three people arrested in the North Dakota oil patch over the winter are accused in federal court of being part of a multi-state drug ring.
- Professor among those arrested after feds bust drug ring Updated: May-17-16 6:42 pm
HOUSTON - Federal authorities say they've seized 9.5 tons of drugs and chemicals and indicted 16 people - including a university professor - they say were part of a trafficking ring that manufactured, distributed and sold synthetic drugs in the Houston area.
- Authorities announce results of lengthy drug investigation Updated: May-17-16 6:11 pm
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - Authorities say a two-year investigation into a southern Delaware drug distribution ring has netted charges against 13 people and the seizure of roughly three pounds of heroin.
- Phoenix-area man gets prison sentence in drug ring case Updated: May-17-16 5:35 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix-area man who pleaded guilty to charges tied to the operation of a multistate drug ring has been sentenced to 15 months in prison.
- Ringleader's mom, cousin plead guilty in drug gang case Updated: May-16-16 5:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The mother and cousin of a man accused by federal authorities of running a deadly drug ring have pleaded guilty in federal court to racketeering.
- Ex-Portland music hall owner sentenced for drug smuggling Updated: May-13-16 1:03 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The former owner of a Portland music venue is headed to prison for his role in smuggling $2.7 million worth of cocaine across the country from California.
- Jury deliberates on 2 men accused in cartel leader's slaying Updated: May-12-16 10:19 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A jury has begun deliberations in the case of two men accused of plotting to kill a lawyer in Texas who was acting head of a Mexican drug cartel.
- Violence created growing population of displaced in Mexico Updated: May-11-16 9:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Violence unleashed by organized crime has forced thousands of people in Mexico to abandon their homes, adding to the country's internally displaced population, the country's National Human Rights Commission said Wednesday.
- In Mexico missing students case, suspects allege torture Updated: May-10-16 4:41 pm
MEXICO CITY - Within weeks of the September 2014 disappearance of 43 college students, Mexican authorities had rounded up scores of suspects and announced they had solved the case.
- 7 arrested in 15-month Etowah County meth ring investigation Updated: May-10-16 5:43 am
GADSDEN, Alabama - Etowah County authorities have arrested seven men after a 15-month investigation into what they say is an organized methamphetamine distribution ring.
- 2 alleged members of Russian mafia denied bail in Portugal Updated: May-07-16 12:53 pm
LISBON, Portugal - A lawyer says two men arrested in Portugal on suspicion of forming part of a Russian mafia group that allegedly infiltrated a Portuguese soccer club to launder money have been denied bail and ordered to remain in preventive custody.
- Colombia arrests alleged big money launderer from Panama Updated: May-06-16 4:02 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian authorities have arrested a prominent Panama businessman they're calling the world's most-wanted money launderer and froze assets belonging to dozens of companies linked to him that were allegedly used to hide millions in illegal drug profits.
- Illinois man admits trafficking heroin from Mexico by bus Updated: May-05-16 4:53 pm
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago man authorities say is linked to the Guerrero Unidos Mexican cartel has pleaded guilty to federal drug charges.
- Venezuela politician accuses Wall Street Journal of libel Updated: May-05-16 4:46 pm
NEW YORK - A powerful Venezuelan legislator has sued Dow Jones & Co. and News Corp., saying he was libeled in a drug investigation article in The Wall Street Journal.