- 3 nations move against alleged big money launderer in Panama Updated: May-05-16 8:29 pm
PANAMA CITY - Authorities have arrested a prominent Panama businessman and dismantled an empire of banking, real estate and retail businesses that the U.S. says were part of a top worldwide money-laundering organization for drug traffickers.
- Illinois man admits trafficking heroin from Mexico by bus Updated: May-05-16 4:53 pm
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago man authorities say is linked to the Guerrero Unidos Mexican cartel has pleaded guilty to federal drug charges.
- Venezuela politician accuses Wall Street Journal of libel Updated: May-05-16 4:46 pm
NEW YORK - A powerful Venezuelan legislator has sued Dow Jones & Co. and News Corp., saying he was libeled in a drug investigation article in The Wall Street Journal.
- Spanish court seeks arrest of Putin-linked Russians Updated: May-05-16 11:30 am
MADRID - A Spanish judge wants two senior Russian officials with links to the Kremlin arrested so they can be questioned in court about suspected money laundering and criminal association.
- European police say Russian mafia infiltrating soccer clubs Updated: May-04-16 11:03 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portuguese and European police say they have broken up a cell of an important Russian mafia group that allegedly laundered money through European football clubs.
- 13 accused of funneling cocaine from Caribbean to New Jersey Updated: May-03-16 6:28 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A three-month investigation has ended with the arrests of 13 people on charges of funneling cocaine from Puerto Rico to the streets of New Jersey and New York.
- Aging reputed mobster gets prison time for extortion scheme Updated: May-03-16 5:24 am
BOSTON - A federal court judge made an example out of an aging reputed mobster, sentencing the 74-year-old Revere man to prison time for his role in an extortion scheme.
- Reno doctor accused in drug ring appears in CA court Updated: May-02-16 7:05 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno doctor accused of running an illegal drug ring out of his family practice has made his initial appearance in federal court in San Francisco.
- 4 plead not guilty to methamphetamine conspiracy charges Updated: May-02-16 12:10 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Two men and two women accused by authorities of being involved in a meth ring have pleaded not guilty to drug conspiracy charges.
- Scandal-plagued Rome is becoming a 'do it yourself' city Updated: Apr-29-16 10:51 am
ROME - Armed with shovels and sacks of cold asphalt, Rome's residents fill potholes. Defying rats, they yank weeds and bag trash along the Tiber's banks and in urban parks. Tired of waiting years for the city to replace diseased trees, neighbors dig into their own pockets to pay for new ones for their block.
- Authorities: 11 charged in Rochester-area cocaine ring Updated: Apr-29-16 7:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Federal authorities say nearly a dozen people have been charged in a major cocaine trafficking ring in Rochester.
- New York, New Jersey authorities arrest 18 in cocaine ring Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
GOSHEN, New York - Authorities in New York and New Jersey say they've broken up a cocaine distribution ring, arresting 18 people.
- 5th person charged in southwest Missouri homicide Updated: Apr-28-16 2:52 pm
HALLTOWN, Missouri - A fifth person has been charged in the ambush killing of a drug trafficker in southwest Missouri.
- Reputed 'El Chapo' associate pleads guilty in Chicago court Updated: Apr-28-16 10:56 am
CHICAGO - A reputed associate of Mexican cartel leader Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has pleaded guilty to helping move more than $1.5 million in drug money between the U.S. and Mexico.
- New York man gets 21 years for drug trafficking in Lewiston Updated: Apr-28-16 6:43 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Brooklyn, New York, man has been sentenced to serve more than two decades in prison for trafficking crack cocaine and heroin throughout the Lewiston area.
- School project's graffiti sparks fears Zodiac Killer is back Updated: Apr-27-16 11:18 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida State University class project about drug cartels and serial killers took a turn when students scrawled a message on a sidewalk associated with the infamous Zodiac Killer.
- EU, Kosovo police arrest 6 in major organized crime raids Updated: Apr-27-16 10:02 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - The European Union's police mission in Kosovo conducted a major operation against an Albanian-Serb organized crime ring on Wednesday, officials said. Six people were arrested and authorities were hunting for a governing party lawmaker suspected of being the ringleader.
- Grand Forks man sentenced to life in prison for dealing meth Updated: Apr-25-16 7:07 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A Grand Forks man accused of leading a large drug trafficking operation has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Knoxville officer accused of part in drug ring Updated: Apr-20-16 5:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A Knoxville police officer is among seven people charged with taking part in a prescription drug ring.
- Alleged Italian crime boss arrested in pizza delivery sting Updated: Apr-18-16 11:44 am
MILAN - An alleged mafia chief's appetite for pizza has cost him his freedom.
- Philadelphia-to-Rochester heroin ring busted, 14 arrested Updated: Apr-14-16 8:51 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Authorities say they've charged 13 people who were involved in a major Philadelphia-based heroin-trafficking ring that sold the drugs in western New York.
- UK says hundreds of Britons involved in people-smuggling Updated: Apr-12-16 11:17 am
LONDON - A top-level UK National Crime Agency task force charged with breaking up people-smuggling gangs has determined that hundreds of Britons are working with overseas organized crime gangs to facilitate the trade in people fleeing poverty and war.
- Top cartel leader appeared to find temporary haven in Texas Updated: Apr-10-16 2:26 pm
DALLAS - A man who was slain at an upscale suburban Dallas shopping center is identified in federal court documents as the acting leader of a notorious Mexican cartel, a claim that would run counter to the long-held belief that drug kingpins seldom try to hide in the United States.
- Mexico to consider extradition of suspect in Texas slaying Updated: Apr-09-16 4:47 pm
MEXICO CITY - A ruling on extraditing a woman who is on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted fugitives list for the killing of her ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend in Texas could come anywhere from two to 12 months from now, a Mexican official said Saturday.
- Southbridge man admits to illegally shipping gun parts Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A 60-year-old Massachusetts man has pleaded guilty to illegally shipping gun parts across the globe.