- Police announce raid, charges in suspected cockfighting Updated: Nov-29-15 4:50 pm
BREMEN, Indiana - Indiana State Police say local, state and federal authorities raided suspected cockfighting breeders in northern Indiana and charged three people.
- Dead coyote found hanging from bridge in Queen Creek Updated: Nov-29-15 11:11 am
QUEEN CREEK, Arizona - Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies are searching for suspects after finding two dead coyotes, one of which was hanging from a bridge, in Queen Creek.
- Reward increased in Tuscaloosa cat-beating case Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The Guardians of Rescue, a national pet rescue group, has put $2,500 toward the reward for more information in a Tuscaloosa cat abuse case.
- ND man charged after dead dog was found in dumpster Updated: Nov-25-15 6:01 pm
MINOT, North Dakota - A North Dakota man has been charged with animal cruelty after a dog was found dead in a dumpster.
- Californian charged in golf cart crash that killed Canadians Updated: Nov-23-15 6:28 pm
INDIO, California - A Southern California woman has been charged with murder, animal cruelty and driving while impaired in a crash that killed two Canadian men and two dogs riding in a golf cart in a residential area.
- Sheriff's office says man beat Chihuahua to death Updated: Nov-23-15 3:57 pm
CENTER POINT, Alabama - Jefferson County sheriff's deputies are searching for a man suspected of beating a Chihuahua to death.
- NY woman sentenced to prison for abusing, discarding puppy Updated: Nov-23-15 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City woman will serve one year in prison for beating her puppy and tossing the injured animal from her car window.
- 4 dead dogs, 2 injured dogs found at Bibb County home Updated: Nov-23-15 3:31 am
MACON, Georgia - In what Macon-Bibb County Animal Welfare suspects is a result of dog fighting, four dead dogs have been found at a Macon home, possibly killed by cold weather or starvation.
- Man charged with cruelty to animals in dog strangulation Updated: Nov-22-15 12:33 pm
IRWIN, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania man has been charged with misdemeanor cruelty to animals for allegedly killing a dog police say he told them only died after he choked it for three hours.
- Phoenix police investigating death of dog hung from a tree Updated: Nov-21-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix are investigating the death of a dog that was found hung from a tree by a chain.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for Nov. 20 Updated: Nov-20-15 6:48 am
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Police: Woman charged after 59 cats seized from home Updated: Nov-20-15 6:42 am
WOLCOTT, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman is facing charges after police say they seized more than 50 cats living in "deplorable" conditions from her home last month.
- Judge rules authorities justifiably seized sick horses Updated: Nov-20-15 4:56 am
SOMERSET, Virginia - A judge has ruled that law enforcement justifiably seized 10 malnourished horses from a farm.
- Man gets 20 years for running dogfighting ring Updated: Nov-20-15 3:01 am
BARTOW, Florida - A central Florida man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for running a dogfighting ring.
- Massachusetts man charged with killing girlfriend's dog Updated: Nov-19-15 9:13 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man charged with fatally beating his girlfriend's dog with a broom handle because it was keeping him awake and choking the woman has been held without bail.
- Hardwick woman pleads no contest in animal cruelty case Updated: Nov-19-15 6:41 am
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A Hardwick woman accused of failing to provide adequate food and water to her livestock and dogs has pleaded no contest to animal cruelty charges.
- New York man pleads not guilty in animal cruelty case Updated: Nov-19-15 5:49 am
HAMPTONBURGH, New York - An upstate New York man accused of animal cruelty has pleaded not guilty after more than 100 sickly animals were found on his farm last month.
- Dog control officer in Adirondacks resigns after dog's death Updated: Nov-19-15 3:02 am
TUPPER LAKE, New York - A dog control officer in the Adirondacks has resigned after being charged with abusing a dog.
- Gov. Christie signs measure banning bestiality in New Jersey Updated: Nov-09-15 7:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Bestiality is now officially a crime in New Jersey.
- Authorities: Apex woman faces multiple animal cruelty counts Updated: Nov-09-15 6:41 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An Apex woman has been charged with multiple counts of felony animal cruelty.
- Cat survives after being found shot in neck with crossbow Updated: Nov-05-15 3:37 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - A cat survived being shot with a crossbow in southern Michigan and authorities are trying to find the person responsible.
- Fuel fraud probe leads to pot growhouse, cockfighting ring Updated: Nov-05-15 2:51 pm
MIAMI - Police investigating a fuel fraud operation say they wound up uncovering a marijuana growhouse and an illegal cockfighting ring involving the same suspects.
- Police to charge boy, 17, with cruelty for decapitating cat Updated: Nov-04-15 9:57 am
BLACK LICK, Pennsylvania - State police plan to charge a 17-year-old boy western Pennsylvania boy with animal cruelty for decapitating a cat with a hatchet.
- Zimbabwean journalists arrested for elephant poaching report Updated: Nov-03-15 1:01 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Three journalists from a state-run weekly newspaper in Zimbabwe will be charged with slander for a front-page story that implicated an unnamed top police officer and other officials in fatal cyanide poisonings of more than 60 elephants by poachers, police said Tuesday.
- Snakes found frozen roadside in northern Wisconsin Updated: Nov-03-15 10:44 am
MERRILL, Wisconsin - Sheriff's deputies in northern Wisconsin are investigating a reptile mistreatment case.