- Florida Panhandle zoo owners say violations have been fixed Updated: Jul-03-15 1:59 pm
GULF BREEZE, Florida - The owners of a Florida Panhandle zoo are responding to a federal complaint accusing them of failing to properly care for their animals.
- Youngtown woman accused of animal abuse after dog found dead Updated: Jul-03-15 6:13 am
PHOENIX - A Youngtown woman is facing charges after a pit bull she was taking care of died from heat and lack of shelter.
- NY Court: Emaciated dog is proof of owner's abuse Updated: Jul-02-15 2:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court says the obviously emaciated condition of a starving dog in a Queens backyard showed the owner knowingly abused the animal.
- At least 70 birds taken from possible cockfighting compound Updated: Jul-02-15 2:10 am
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio officials have confiscated at least 70 birds after executing a search warrant on an apparent cockfighting breeding and training compound.
- Maryland farmer testifies at trial, denies abusing livestock Updated: Jul-01-15 6:11 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Maryland farmer charged with 20 counts of animal cruelty testified Wednesday that he treated his cattle, goats and sheep better than authorities did when they seized the livestock he allegedly neglected.
- Houston group gets custody of about 200 neglected horses Updated: Jul-01-15 7:42 am
WILLIS, Texas - An animal rescue group has been granted custody of about 200 neglected horses seized last week from a Houston-area ranch.
- Grand jury indicts horse owner on animal cruelty charges Updated: Jul-01-15 6:29 am
WOODBURY, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey horse owner has been indicted on animal cruelty charges stemming from mistreatment of horses and a goat.
- Animals seized from rural property after pig dies Updated: Jul-01-15 6:17 am
SEQUIM, Washington - Law enforcement officials have seized nearly all he animals from a rural property in Sequim after an apparently healthy pig died.
- Organizer of Ohio dog-fighting ring sentenced to 2 years Updated: Jul-01-15 4:06 am
CLEVELAND - A federal judge has sentenced the organizer of a northeast Ohio dog-fighting ring to two years in prison for his crimes.
- Man with 67 pit bulls at Del. home sentenced for dogfighting Updated: Jun-30-15 9:07 pm
HOUSTON, Delaware - A Delaware man has been sentenced to more than 7 years in prison for dogfighting after 67 pit bulls were found at his home.
- Police: Oklahoma man charged in animal abuse case Updated: Jun-30-15 7:19 pm
EDMOND, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma man has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say he repeatedly threw his cat like a bowling ball.
- Woodland police: Burglar shoots, kills dog Updated: Jun-29-15 1:47 pm
WOODLAND, Washington - A 63-year-old man is in Cowlitz County Jail, accused of shooting and killing a dog during a burglary in Woodland.
- Boy, father attacked by alligator at lake outside Houston Updated: Jun-29-15 9:50 am
WALLISVILLE, Texas - A man and his son have survived an alligator attack at a lake near Houston.
- Northern California authorities find headless goat by tracks Updated: Jun-28-15 12:07 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Officials in Northern California have found more decapitated animals, bringing the total number of such mutilated animals to more than a dozen since January.
- Ramsey County deputy accused of assaulting police dog Updated: Jun-27-15 6:52 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Ramsey County sheriff's deputy is on leave after he was accused of picking up his police dog by the collar, throwing the animal to the ground and repeatedly hitting it.
- Couple admit exposing 2 children to decomposed animals Updated: Jun-27-15 1:40 pm
INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - A northwestern New Jersey couple has pleaded guilty to child neglect for exposing two young children to numerous decomposed animals at their home.
- A dozen neglected horses removed from Genesee County farm Updated: Jun-26-15 7:45 pm
MUNDY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities have removed a dozen horses from a farm in Genesee County's Mundy Township.
- Laramie woman pleads not guilty in animal cruelty case Updated: Jun-26-15 9:23 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A Laramie woman accused of smothering two cats has pleaded not guilty by reason of mental illness.
- Ohio House OKs bill to make serious pet abuse a felony crime Updated: Jun-26-15 3:08 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Legislation passed by the Ohio House would stiffen penalties for abuse of pets and other companion animals.
- Ore. man, 24, accused of beheading mother's cat Updated: Jun-25-15 9:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A Marion County sheriff's officer says a 24-year-old Salem, Oregon, man accused of beheading his mother's cat has been arrested.
- $1K reward offered after 3 goats found beheaded on LI Updated: Jun-25-15 2:35 pm
RIVERHEAD, New York - Animal cruelty officials on Long Island have opened an investigation after three goats were found beheaded in Riverhead.
- 21 dogs, dogfighting paraphernalia seized in Kearneysville Updated: Jun-25-15 2:04 pm
KEARNEYSVILLE, West Virginia - Authorities have seized 21 dogs and dogfighting paraphernalia from a residence in Kearneysville.
- Cockfighting ring busted after attendee orders pizza Updated: Jun-23-15 6:23 pm
WINTER HAVEN, Florida - Authorities say central Florida cockfighting ring has been brought down because some of the attendees ordered a pizza.
- Northern California teenager caught on tape killing a cat Updated: Jun-22-15 10:53 pm
SONORA, California - A Northern California teenager has been charged with felony cruelty to animals after being caught on videotape killing a cat.
- Senator's son sues Arpaio over investigation into dog deaths Updated: Jun-22-15 5:16 pm
PHOENIX - The son of U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake alleges in a lawsuit that Sheriff Joe Arpaio pursued animal cruelty charges against him to do political damage to the senator and gain publicity for the lawman.