- Nebraska pig supplier promises to investigate alleged abuses Updated: May-26-16 3:02 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A national pork supplier promised Thursday to investigate abuse allegations at one of its Nebraska facilities after an animal rights group released an undercover video showing pigs with open wounds and other health problems.
- Attorney speaks on dog breeder's animal cruelty arrest Updated: May-26-16 9:03 am
HONOLULU - A dog breeder arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after more than 30 dogs were seized from his Kahaluu home and one was found dead no longer wants to be in the breeding business, according to his attorney.
- The Latest: Bill on voting hours heads to Ohio governor Updated: May-25-16 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on legislative activity at the Ohio Statehouse as lawmakers seek to wrap up work before their summer break (all times local):
- Man arrested for dragging dog behind truck in Washington Updated: May-25-16 9:13 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Police have arrested a man for dragging a dog behind his truck in Vancouver.
- Honduran woman accused of punching a border agent's horse Updated: May-24-16 4:10 pm
GILA BEND, Arizona - A Honduran woman arrested in a drug smuggling bust in southern Arizona also is facing an animal cruelty charge for allegedly punching a border agent's horse.
- Woman accused of killing family dog to fake miscarriage Updated: May-20-16 5:08 pm
MOULTON, Alabama - Officials in northwest Alabama say a woman accused of killing a family dog to fake a miscarriage is facing criminal charges.
- Man found guilty of transporting horse shot with paintballs Updated: May-20-16 3:25 pm
NEW HOLLAND, Pennsylvania - A Rhode Island man who authorities say transported a horse later found shot more than 100 times with paintballs in central Pennsylvania has been found guilty of animal cruelty.
- Oregon man charged with beating dog pleads guilty Updated: May-20-16 1:16 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon district attorney took the unusual step of issuing a Twitter response after public concern about the sentence handed down to a man who beat a dog named Earl.
- Judge orders Idaho to cover lawyer's fees in 'ag-gag' case Updated: May-19-16 4:47 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A federal judge has ordered Idaho to pay roughly a quarter million dollars in legal fees to the Animal Legal Defense Fund and other groups who successfully sued the state over what they called the "ag-gag" law.
- PetSmart groomer arrested after dachshund in his care dies Updated: May-18-16 12:30 pm
SAN MATEO, California - A PetSmart dog groomer will be arraigned next month on a felony animal cruelty charge after police say he likely contributed to the death of a dachshund in his care.
- Animal rescue: 70 dogs, cats seized in South Carolina Updated: May-18-16 8:58 am
WALTERBORO, South Carolina - Authorities say more than 70 dogs and cats have been seized from a South Carolina home where a number of dead animals also were found.
- Phoenix police: Dog dies after 5 hours locked in hot car Updated: May-17-16 4:19 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix woman is facing a felony charge of animal cruelty after her dog was left in a locked car for five hours and died.
- Police rescue 3 dogs being trained for dog fighting Updated: May-17-16 6:37 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say police have rescued three pit bulls being trained for dog fighting on Staten Island.
- 4 family members get probation in animal cruelty case Updated: May-17-16 5:19 am
MIO, Michigan - Four family members have been sentenced to probation after officials say more than 50 dogs were seized from a home in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula during an animal cruelty investigation.
- Dog groomer arrested after Dachshund in his care dies Updated: May-16-16 10:50 pm
SAN MATEO, California - Police in Northern California say they have arrested a dog groomer on suspicion of felony animal cruelty charges after a Dachshund in his care died from internal injuries.
- Arizona man upset with daughter's T-shirt kills family dog Updated: May-16-16 5:29 pm
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Authorities say a Goodyear man is facing charges after killing the family dog in a barbecue smoker because he was upset with his teenage daughter's T-shirt.
- Puerto Rico police probe dog remains found in 43 bags Updated: May-16-16 4:58 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Authorities in Puerto Rico say they are investigating the deaths of multiple dogs whose parts were found in 43 plastic bags dumped near a road.
- County, shelter official settle lawsuit for $90,000 Updated: May-15-16 3:08 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - A top animal shelter official's lawsuit against the DoÃ±a Ana County Sheriff's Office is settled for $90,000.
- Colorado pet store owner convicted of animal cruelty Updated: May-14-16 6:47 pm
THORNTON, Colorado - The owner of a suburban Denver pet store has been convicted of animal cruelty for confining animals in unsanitary conditions without food, water and care.
- Supai man loses 4 horses after guilty plea in criminal case Updated: May-14-16 5:47 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - For more than a year, Brownie was deprived of food and water. An infection clouded his right eye, and his spine and hips were torn open from saddles placed on his back to carry gear for tourists on the Havasupai reservation, which is known for its towering blue-green waterfalls.
- 12 roosters seized in Elko cock-fighting arrest euthanized Updated: May-13-16 6:16 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Authorities in Elko County say they've been forced to euthanize 12 roosters seized from a California man accused of engaging in illegal cock-fighting.
- Spain: Bullfight tensions rise with new political landscape Updated: May-13-16 1:59 pm
MADRID - As matadors face half-ton bulls this month during Madrid's most important annual series of bullfights and Pamplona gears up for its chaotic July bull runs down cobblestoned streets, tensions are building between anti-bullfighting forces and the traditions' defenders, who have launched Spain's first pro-bullfight lobbying group.
- Butte man gets suspended sentence in cat hoarding case Updated: May-13-16 1:05 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A Butte man who abandoned dozens of cats in a rental house for up to two years has been given a two-year suspended sentence with the Department of Corrections.
- Houma man accused of shooting pit bull Updated: May-11-16 8:46 am
HOUMA, Louisiana - Police say a 60-year-old Houma man faces animal cruelty charges after killing his neighbor's pit bull in retaliation for the dog biting his son.
- Prosecutors say woman euthanized her dog in plastic bag Updated: May-11-16 8:28 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln woman accused of euthanizing her dog by putting it into a plastic storage bag has taken a plea deal.