- Lincoln County man accused of dragging dog behind pickup Updated: Aug-04-15 12:52 pm
NEWPORT, Oregon - An arrest warrant has been issued for a Lincoln County man accused of dragging a dog behind his pickup.
- Attorney to revisit county's dog ordinance following attack Updated: Aug-04-15 12:44 pm
STANFORD, Kentucky - Lincoln County attorney says he plans to revisit the county's dog ordinance after seven Presa Canario dogs managed to escape their kennels and attack a 46-year-old woman.
- Prosecutors: Woman fatally beat family dog, bragged about it Updated: Aug-03-15 11:58 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A woman has been arrested on charges she used a shovel and claw hammer to fatally beat her family's dog, then bragged about it, authorities said.
- 8 cats dead after being trapped inside hot vehicle Updated: Aug-03-15 10:26 am
NAMPA, Idaho - A woman is facing charges of animal cruelty after 28 cats were found shut inside a small, black vehicle where temperatures had reached 120 degrees. Eight of the cats had died before they could be rescued by Nampa Animal Control.
- Woman in accused of starving more than 100 animals Updated: Aug-02-15 3:36 pm
MOSS LANDING, California - A woman in Northern California is being investigated for having more than 100 starved animals on a cluttered piece of land with no access to food or water.
- 2 Martinsville women charged with animal cruelty Updated: Aug-02-15 12:40 pm
MARTINSVILLE, Virginia - Two Martinsville women face animal cruelty charges stemming from the discovery of neglected and dead cats in a house.
- Prosecutor: NYC man convicted of beating 4-month-old puppy Updated: Jul-31-15 8:16 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors say a New York City man has been convicted of beating his 4-month-old puppy so badly that she couldn't eat or walk.
- Suspect in northwest Arizona accused of beating police dog Updated: Jul-31-15 2:51 pm
BEAVER DAM, Arizona - Mohave County authorities say a police dog is expected to recover after being hit in the head several times with a rock by a fleeing suspect.
- Second man pleads not guilty in Revere puppy deaths Updated: Jul-31-15 2:31 pm
CHELSEA, Massachusetts - A second dog breeder has pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty charges in connection with the deaths of two puppies found in a trash bag in Revere last year.
- Woman accused of starving, neglecting 110 animals Updated: Jul-31-15 11:33 am
MOSS LANDING, California - A woman being investigated for having more than 100 starved animals on a Moss Landing property blames the neglect on a batch of bad hay.
- 102 cats seized from Florida woman's home; 60 euthanized Updated: Jul-31-15 9:53 am
SUMMERFIELD, Florida - Authorities say 102 cats were seized from a north Florida woman's home, and 60 had to be euthanized.
- About 200 neglected horses to remain in Houston SPCA care Updated: Jul-31-15 8:46 am
CONROE, Texas - About 200 neglected horses seized from a Houston-area ranch will remain with an animal protection group and the owners must pay $485,000 in care costs.
- 2nd pet shop worker arrested in animal cruelty case Updated: Jul-31-15 6:19 am
DANBURY, Connecticut - Police in Connecticut say a second person has been arrested in connection with an animal cruelty case in which two animals were allegedly denied emergency care and euthanized.
- Toddler found unresponsive in home filled with dead animals Updated: Jul-30-15 4:56 am
GRAY COURT, South Carolina - A 2-year-old boy remained in the hospital in critical condition Wednesday after he was found unconscious and bruised in a Gray Court home filled with dozens of dead and dying animals.
- Papillion man found guilty of shooting 2 dogs with BB gun Updated: Jul-30-15 4:52 am
PAPILLION, Nebraska - A Papillion man has been found guilty of shooting his family's two dogs with a BB gun, killing one of them.
- Cedar Park man charged in shooting of parent's 2 dogs Updated: Jul-30-15 2:34 am
CEDAR PARK, Texas - A Cedar Park man has been charged in the killing of two dogs owned by one of his parents.
- Authorities: Woman faces over 150 animal cruelty charges Updated: Jul-29-15 10:16 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Authorities say a Cumberland woman has been charged with more than 150 counts of animal cruelty.
- Man gets 1 year in jail for attacking dog with machete Updated: Jul-28-15 1:38 am
MERCED, California - A judge in Central California has sentenced a man to one year in jail for his role in slashing a dog with a machete and leaving it to die while tied to a fire hydrant.
- Iowa man accused of torturing cat gets probation Updated: Jul-27-15 6:33 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An eastern Iowa man accused of torturing his roommate's cat last year has been given probation.
- Man suspected in shooting also believed to have abused cat Updated: Jul-27-15 5:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A 28-year-old Wichita man accused of trying to kill his girlfriend also is being investigated for possible animal abuse after video surfaced of the woman's kitten being thrown against a wall.
- Man pleads guilty after poisoned meat kills 3 bald eagles Updated: Jul-26-15 8:53 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York man has pleaded guilty in the deaths of three young bald eagles that ate poisoned meat he set out to kill coyotes.
- Jail employee convicted of dog-fighting, animal cruelty Updated: Jul-24-15 3:08 am
BUFFALO, New York - A city jail cell block attendant in Buffalo has been convicted of dog-fighting and animal cruelty after a two-week jury trial in state supreme court.
- 11-year-old Fort Worth boy convicted in dog's beating death Updated: Jul-24-15 2:25 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - An 11-year-old boy has been found guilty in the beating death of a dog in Fort Worth.
- ASPCA/NYPD offering rewards for reports of animal cruelty Updated: Jul-23-15 7:43 am
NEW YORK - Abused animals can get help now via a new initiative launched by the NYPD and the ASPCA.
- 3 dead dogs found in upstate NY, woman charged Updated: Jul-23-15 3:08 am
MALTA, New York - A 39-year-old upstate New York woman has been charged with aggravated cruelty to animals after authorities found two dead dogs in garbage bags in a shed outside her residence and another inside.