- Police: Woman facing charges for abandoning animals Updated: Apr-29-16 6:43 am
SOUTH HUNTINGTON, New York - Authorities say a Long Island woman is facing animal cruelty charges after she abandoned animals in her home, including a dog that was found dead.
- Pet store owner, brother face 134 animal cruelty charges Updated: Apr-28-16 3:58 am
PARAMUS, New Jersey - The owner of a northern New Jersey pet store and his brother are facing 134 counts of animal cruelty after more than 60 puppies were found inside a van behind the shop earlier this month.
- Police charge Iowa City man after finding 62 ducks in van Updated: Apr-27-16 8:00 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Police have charged an Iowa City man after they found 62 ducks crowded in an abandoned van.
- Suspect in dog's death pleads not guilty to animal cruelty Updated: Apr-27-16 2:51 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man charged in connection with the sexual assault and hanging of a dog in Thurston County has pleaded not guilty to animal cruelty.
- Charge: Woman faked dog hearing test certificate for sale Updated: Apr-24-16 7:20 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A Picayune woman who pleaded guilty to animal abuse is now accused of faking a certificate for a dog's hearing test to sell a puppy from a breed with hearing problems.
- Animal abuse charges after dog found dead in stolen car Updated: Apr-24-16 1:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Multnomah County grand jury has indicted a 34-year-old man on animal abuse and theft charges after a dog was found dead in a stolen car earlier this month.
- Man who killed zoo monkey now accused of violating parole Updated: Apr-24-16 12:05 pm
BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho man convicted for breaking into a Boise zoo in 2012 and brutally beating to death a Patas monkey is accused of violating his parole.
- New Jersey man charged with fatally hitting puppy with ax Updated: Apr-23-16 6:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, New Jersey - Authorities say they have arrested a New Jersey man with killing a 6-month-old puppy after striking it with the back side of an ax.
- 6 dead bald eagles found on Standing Rock reservation Updated: Apr-22-16 7:14 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Authorities are investigating the deaths of six bald eagles on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation that straddles the North Dakota and South Dakota border.
- 23 dogs rescued at border will be offered for adoption Updated: Apr-20-16 10:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Authorities say a smuggling suspect was arrested after 23 dogs - including 20 puppies packed in a nearly airless crate - were seized from an SUV at the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Man accused of beating cat to death at Brookhaven shelter Updated: Apr-20-16 4:52 am
BROOKHAVEN, Mississippi - A man accused of beating a cat to death at an animal shelter in Brookhaven has been arrested.
- June 6 trial set for operators of kennel where 21 dogs died Updated: Apr-19-16 1:08 pm
PHOENIX - A June 6 trial is scheduled for the operators of a Gilbert kennel where 21 dogs of exhaustion and four others were injured back in 2014.
- Woman charged with animal cruelty after 6 horses found dead Updated: Apr-18-16 1:11 pm
ST. CLOUD, Florida - A central Florida woman has been charged with animal cruelty after authorities say they found six dead horses.
- Owner of horses that carry tourists accused of animal abuse Updated: Apr-16-16 2:30 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The owner of several horses on the Havasupai Indian Reservation, where tourist excursions to towering waterfalls depend on the animals, has been charged with animal cruelty and neglect.
- New Britain police investigate discovery of burned cat Updated: Apr-15-16 12:14 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - New Britain police have launched an animal cruelty investigation after the burned remains of a cat were found on a road.
- Bend man charged in death of neighbor's cat Updated: Apr-15-16 2:06 am
BEND, Oregon - A Bend man is facing charges in the death of his neighbor's cat after the animal was found hanging from the fence between their homes.
- Dog-fight sweep results in 2 arrests, 58 dogs seized Updated: Apr-14-16 7:37 pm
ROCK ISLAND, Illinois - An investigation into dog fighting by authorities in northwestern Illinois has resulted in two arrests and the seizing of 58 dogs.
- Man gets $1,000 fine, no jail time in dog dragging case Updated: Apr-14-16 7:15 pm
OKOLONA, Mississippi - A man accused of dragging his dog by the neck behind his pickup truck won't serve any jail time.
- Long Island woman accused of neglecting her dog Updated: Apr-14-16 6:01 am
CORAM, New York - A Long Island woman has been arrested on charges she severely neglected her dog.
- 3 ponies, horse that give rides to kids have tails cut off Updated: Apr-14-16 6:00 am
TRENTON, Michigan - Police say three ponies and a horse that give rides to children had their tails cut off at a suburban Detroit park.
- NY man faces felony; puppy choked, thrown against wall Updated: Apr-13-16 5:36 pm
NEW YORK - A New York man accused of fatally brutalizing his wife's puppy has been indicted on a felony charge of aggravated cruelty to animals.
- Man arrested for dangling dog over apartment balcony Updated: Apr-13-16 1:19 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A video of an Orlando man dangling a dog over an apartment walkway helped police officers track him down and arrest him.
- Woman accused of kicking dog into Intracoastal Waterway Updated: Apr-13-16 3:46 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - A 60-year-old woman is facing an animal cruelty charge after witnesses say she kicked a tied-up dog into the Intracoastal Waterway near Boca Raton.
- CSI for animals: Forensic vets battle pet abuse, neglect Updated: Apr-12-16 10:17 am
NEW YORK - The cocker spaniel arrives to the animal hospital with a police officer, whimpering and shaking. He has a pus-filled pink socket for a left eye and is so skinny his spine and ribs show through his caramel-colored fur.
- Police: Hutchinson man fatally stabs wife's dog Updated: Apr-12-16 1:37 am
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - A man has been arrested after Hutchinson police say he fatally stabbed his wife's pit bull for keeping him awake.