- Texas regulator clears oil and gas company of causing quakes Updated: Sep-01-15 5:09 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The regulatory agency overseeing Texas' oil and gas industry has determined that a series of small earthquakes in North Texas likely wasn't caused by drilling operations by an Exxon Mobil subsidiary.
- Geologist: Earthquakes linked to saltwater injection Updated: Aug-22-15 11:44 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Geological Survey believes an increase in earthquakes in two southern Kansas counties is linked to saltwater injection after oil and natural gas drilling, according to an agency scientist.
- Scientists to look for seismic activity linked to fracking Updated: Aug-20-15 4:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Scientists say they will begin monitoring seismic activity in western Maryland in preparation for hydraulic fracturing for natural gas.
- More than 5,000 earthquakes hit northwest Nevada Updated: Aug-11-15 3:08 pm
Seismologists studying a year-long swarm of thousands of mostly minor earthquakes in northwest Nevada say they could be the precursor for a "big one," although speculation that they're related to a series of extinct volcanoes can't be ruled out.
- Panel: Ending Oklahoma earthquakes will take research, time Updated: Aug-04-15 7:46 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - It could take up to another year of research to determine what has caused a recent series of Oklahoma earthquakes and whether the state is doing enough to stop them, officials said Tuesday.