- Georgia high court says bonds for Braves stadium are valid Updated: Jun-29-15 11:48 am
ATLANTA - The Georgia Supreme Court has upheld the authorization of up to $397 million in bonds to build a new baseball stadium for the Braves in Cobb County.
- Orioles minor league pitcher suspended for drug of abuse Updated: Jun-26-15 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - Baltimore pitcher Dennis Torres has been suspended for 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive test for a "drug of abuse."
- Pawtucket Red Sox stadium opponents rally at RI State House Updated: Jun-25-15 8:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Opponents of a new Providence stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox gathered Thursday at the State House as the legislative session comes to a close to tell lawmakers they're opposed to any stadium deal that would require public funding.
- Cavaliers' Jones outdueled by Vandy ace in a 5-1 CWS loss Updated: Jun-23-15 1:08 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Connor Jones gave Virginia the kind of start that would have been good enough to win most nights.
- Little League to use $4M in TV money to expand programs Updated: Jun-18-15 5:24 pm
Little League is turning $4 million in new television revenue into more opportunities for local youth teams.
- Wiel HR key, but Pfeifer at center stage in Vandy's 1-0 win Updated: Jun-17-15 12:45 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Any other time, Zander Wiel's home run to break up a no-hitter and produce the only run in a College World Series victory would have been all the talk after the game.
- Thousands spill into the streets to celebrate Blackhawks win Updated: Jun-15-15 11:23 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs weren't in Wrigleyville because of the rain, but the fans of the Blackhawks took up the void.
- Pool incident investigation turned over to Texas Rangers Updated: Jun-15-15 5:35 pm
MCKINNEY, Texas - Prosecutors have called in the Texas Rangers to investigate an incident in which a white police officer Is seen on video pushing a bikini-clad black teenage girl to the ground and brandishing his gun at other black teens.
- Ex-big league LHP Daniel Moskos suspended 50 games for drugs Updated: Jun-12-15 9:56 pm
NEW YORK - Former major league pitcher Daniel Moskos has been suspended 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
- Fullerton beats Louisville 4-3, heads to College Series Updated: Jun-09-15 1:42 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Cal State Fullerton is going back to the College World Series thanks to David Olmedo-Barrera.
- LeBron has Cleveland believing a championship is near Updated: Jun-08-15 1:21 pm
CLEVELAND - High above downtown, there's no visible evidence of a painful 51-year professional sports championship drought - the longest for any major U.S. city.
- Rosenbaum helps Louisville to win over Cal State Fullerton Updated: Jun-07-15 6:07 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Danny Rosenbaum had four hits, Corey Ray and Logan Taylor each had three hits and three RBIs and Louisville beat Cal State Fullerton 9-3 on Sunday to even the best-of-three super regional at a game apiece.
- Rays minor leaguer suspended 50 games for amphetamine Updated: Jun-02-15 5:51 pm
NEW YORK - A minor league player in the Tampa Bay Rays' organization has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for an amphetamine.