- 2 Orioles minor league pitchers suspended for PEDs Updated: Jul-30-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Baltimore Orioles shortstop Jared Breen and right-hander Nick Cunningham have been suspended 80 games each for positive tests under baseball's minor league drug program.
- 3 Yankees minor league pitchers suspended for drug tests Updated: Jul-29-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - Three New York Yankees pitchers in the Dominican Summer League have been suspended 72 games each for positive tests under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Reed wins Texas League honor before being traded to Reds Updated: Jul-27-15 3:09 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Former Northwest Arkansas pitcher Cody Reed picked up his first honor as the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week just before being traded from the Kansas City Royals' organization to the Cincinnati Reds'.
- Board agrees to eye safety of historic Angels Flight railway Updated: Jul-24-15 5:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The historic Angels Flight railway connecting two downtown Los Angeles districts is getting another look by transportation officials who have agreed to study possible ways for the now-shuttered trains to reopen.
- Indiana man accused of trespassing at Cincinnati Reds game Updated: Jul-24-15 2:26 pm
CINCINNATI - A 19-year-old Indiana man accused of running across the field during a Cincinnati Reds home game has been arrested.
- Atlanta mayor mulling plan to upgrade or replace Hawks arena Updated: Jul-24-15 12:45 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks are exploring three options for upgrading their home court, including renovating Philips Arena or building on the Civic Center site, Mayor Kasim Reed said on Thursday.
- Combat ship named after Kansas City revealed at Royals game Updated: Jul-21-15 7:29 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Baseball fans at Kauffman Stadium get a first glimpse of a combat ship that will be named after Kansas City.
- Big Green Monster cukes? Rooftop garden thrives at Fenway Updated: Jul-17-15 3:09 pm
BOSTON - There's more green at Fenway Park than the infield or the monster wall.
- Ex-Tiger Reed enters plea in assault case, faces probation Updated: Jul-17-15 10:58 am
DETROIT - Former Detroit Tigers pitcher Evan Reed has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor aggravated assault and is expected to be placed on probation to resolve a sexual assault case.
- Red Sox slugger David Ortiz promoting Boston's Olympics bid Updated: Jul-15-15 3:12 pm
BOSTON - Big Papi is going to bat for Boston's Olympics bid.
- Minnesota congressional delegation proposes Killebrew stamp Updated: Jul-14-15 2:42 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's congressional delegation is urging the U.S. Postal Service to honor the legacy of Twins Hall-of-Famer Harmon Killebrew by putting him on a stamp.
- The Latest: Donaldson eliminates Rizzo from Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-13-15 8:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Here are the latest developments from baseball's All-Star Game festivities in Cincinnati, where sluggers will compete in the Home Run Derby on Monday night before Tuesday's game to decide home field advantage in the World Series (all times local):
- 108-year-old Mariner's fan throws historic first pitch Updated: Jul-13-15 3:02 pm
SEATTLE - Evelyn Jones spent part of her 108th birthday making history as the oldest person to throw the first pitch at a Seattle Mariners game.
- Brewers minor leaguer draws 72-game drug suspension Updated: Jul-10-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - A minor league player in the Milwaukee Brewers' organization has been suspended 72 games without pay after a positive test for a performance-enhancing drug.
- Guerra, who pitched for White Sox this year, gets drug ban Updated: Jul-08-15 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - A minor league pitcher who played for the Chicago White Sox this year has gotten a 50-game drug suspension.
- Hip-hop concerts canceled ahead of All-Star Game after melee Updated: Jul-07-15 1:20 pm
CINCINNATI - Saturday night's scheduled concert by homegrown rapper Cal Scruby and the remainder of a summer series have been canceled in the aftermath of violence last weekend in downtown Cincinnati, organizers said Tuesday as city leaders readied preparations for hosting baseball's All-Star Game next week.
- Rays-Royals game postponed, tornado warnings in Kansas City Updated: Jul-06-15 8:42 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Royals scheduled for Monday night was postponed about an hour before the first pitch as tornado sirens blared across the Kansas City metro area.
- Cincinnati leaders pledge city safe for All-Star Game events Updated: Jul-06-15 6:47 pm
CINCINNATI - City and police leaders insisted Monday that Cincinnati's downtown will be safe for All-Star Game visitors, in the aftermath of a violent weekend melee.
- Famous Chicago hot dogs making comeback at Wrigley Updated: Jul-06-15 4:05 am
CHICAGO - One of Chicago's favorite hot dog stands may be closed, but its hot dogs are making a comeback at Wrigley Field.
- Cincinnati offers baseball history along with All-Star Game Updated: Jul-05-15 1:42 pm
CINCINNATI - The city hosting baseball's All-Star Game this year was the home of a team that played like all-stars back in 1869.
- Woman sues Marlins, alleges she was injured by mascot Updated: Jul-05-15 9:58 am
MIAMI - A woman is suing the Miami Marlins alleging one of its mascots seriously injured her neck during a game two years ago.
- Court blocks plans for Willets West mall near Citi Field Updated: Jul-03-15 10:24 am
NEW YORK - A New York state appeals court has blocked a plan for a shopping mall near the Mets' home at Citi Field.