- Iowa landowners challenge pipeline's authority to seize land Updated: May-22-16 5:04 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Landowners have filed two lawsuits in northwest Iowa in an attempt to block construction of a $3.8 billion oil pipeline.
- Diversion group to take over properties from 3 landowners Updated: May-18-16 5:21 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The public group managing a Red River diversion project around the Fargo metropolitan area is pursuing eminent domain proceedings to acquire property from three unwilling sellers so it can start construction of the $2.1 billion channel.
- Park director didn't change minds of vocal opponents Updated: May-18-16 5:02 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The director of the National Park Service this week sought to allay concerns that a national monument designation in Maine could stymie industrial development or lead to the taking of land by eminent domain.
- City: Group buys long-vacant old Chicago post office Updated: May-13-16 2:27 am
CHICAGO - The city of Chicago says the massive Old Main Post Office has been bought by an investment group that plans a $500 million redevelopment of the vacant and deteriorating structure.
- Ducey vetoes bill that gives developers power to levy taxes Updated: May-10-16 3:44 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has vetoed a bill that would have given developers more power to issue municipal bonds and levy taxes to pay for public infrastructure in communities they are building.
- The Latest: Arizona House OKs bill aiding developers Updated: May-05-16 10:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a bill in the Arizona Legislature that aids developers (all times local):
- Minot authorizes eminent domain for flood protection project Updated: May-01-16 9:15 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The city of Minot is taking initial steps to obtain 10 properties through eminent domain for the city's flood protection project.