- Prescription drug abuse reduction initiative launched Updated: Jul-29-15 8:11 pm
HELENA, Montana - An initiative launched Wednesday in Montana aims to curb rampant prescription drug abuse.
- Autopsy: 'Versailles' daughter died of accidental overdose Updated: Jul-29-15 3:15 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - An autopsy released Wednesday shows that the 18-year-old daughter of the stars of the "Queen of Versailles" documentary who had struggled with an addiction to a drug used to control her seizures died last month of an accidental overdose.
- State hearing set on abuse of prescription drugs, opioids Updated: Jul-19-15 7:34 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder's administration is planning a public hearing to receive input on fighting abuse of prescription drugs and opium derivatives such as heroin.
- Hickenlooper, HHS chief discuss prescription drug abuse Updated: Jul-16-15 4:49 pm
DENVER - Blair Hubbard's addiction to heroin began with the prescription painkillers she got after getting her wisdom teeth removed.
- Ohio's drug-dependent babies up 750 percent since 2004 Updated: Jul-13-15 7:10 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A recent report from the Ohio Department of Health shows the state has seen a 750 percent increase in the number of babies diagnosed with neonatal abstinence syndrome since 2004.
- W.Va. Capitol walk July 11 takes aim at drug addiction Updated: Jul-04-15 12:08 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Community activists plan a Charleston awareness walk in one week to tackle the stigma of drug addiction.