- King to host event focusing on prescription painkillers Updated: Nov-24-15 4:00 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Sen. Angus King is convening a second round table discussion focusing on the state's opiate epidemic.
- Cooperstown police promise treatment, not arrest for addicts Updated: Nov-21-15 12:46 pm
COOPERSTOWN, New York - Police in Cooperstown, New York are urging addicts to bring their drugs and drug paraphernalia to the police station in exchange for treatment, not arrest.
- Officials, business leaders holding opioid addiction forum Updated: Nov-07-15 11:50 am
BOSTON - The governors of Massachusetts and New Hampshire are joining regional business leaders at a forum on New England's growing opioid addiction scourge.
- State launches campaign aimed at stigma of opioid addiction Updated: Nov-04-15 2:34 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is launching a new public education campaign aimed at combatting opioid addiction by stripping away some of the stigma around talking about the problem.
- Suspended doctor requests hearing on drug accusations Updated: Nov-04-15 11:06 am
BUTTE, Montana - A doctor whose license has been suspended by the Montana Board of Medical Examiners due to allegations that he used illegal drugs has requested a hearing.
- Missing runner, a recovering addict, found after NY marathon Updated: Nov-03-15 1:50 pm
NEW YORK - A recovering heroin addict from Italy last seen after crossing the finish line at Sunday's New York City Marathon was found Tuesday aboard a subway train, police said.
- Police adopt drug addict program pioneered in Massachusetts Updated: Nov-01-15 11:52 am
BOSTON - A police program in northern Massachusetts that helps fast-track heroin addicts into treatment is catching on in other states and showing signs of reducing crimes associated with addiction.
- Ex-addict who became prominent pastor found dead in church Updated: Oct-30-15 4:49 pm
IRVINGTON, New Jersey - A former heroin addict who turned to religion and became a prominent pastor after he was released from prison was found dead Friday in the church where he preached and ministered to those who walked in his shoes.
- EXCHANGE: County drug take-backs targeting addictions Updated: Oct-28-15 8:10 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - The ease of access for people to get a prescription could be a reason why Rosecrance McHenry County is seeing more young adults, and some older adults, struggle with prescription medication use, Chris Gleason said.
- Snyder plan combats prescription drug, painkiller addiction Updated: Oct-26-15 4:27 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder called Monday for more than two dozen changes aimed at targeting the worsening crisis of prescription drug and painkiller addiction, including $3 million to improve an outdated database that monitors prescriptions.